Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:19:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 169
Total: 169

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: cunnilingus and canker  (Read 10506 times)

Offline Ramon

cunnilingus and canker
« on: July 05, 2012, 09:20:19 am »
Hi Ann I am from Venezuela and very scared, I always do checks for HIV and always negative, I apologize for my English use the translator, I hope you understand.

I am very very worried about a possible risk, read the forum and I know quite cunnilingus discarded as a possible infection, but my case is a bit particular.

I had a meeting with a friend first I did oral sex on her clitoris and part of his lips for a minute or two, I had a big bite on the side of the language then used for vaginal protection.

What has me worried is that a week came a cold with a slight fever and left me mouth sores, were enough in the first language and then came two or three really big on the cheek and inside lips these lasted me a month, did not go to the doctor and not try because he always walked alone, these lasted a month with much pain and a slight fever, I am currently a fatal headache a month ago, I am very worried about it the doctor can be nerve but are very strong.

Like many I started researching and found a single forum case identical to my symptoms with positive results I am very frightened indeed are symptoms identical to those of this guy except that I did not perform the test, I'm terrified my positive result will also ?
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39910.0

I have mierdo that the virus has entered through the wound on the tongue, and I still have dolore head I can not stand, I'm infected? because I have these symptoms equal to the member?

Please give very good answers Ann I hope you help me please. I hope you understand my story for my bad English.

thanks

Offline RapidRod

Re: cunnilingus and canker
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:43 am »
It doesn't matter if you had a canker sore or not. You never had an exposure.

Offline Ramon

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 09:45:24 am »
Because I had all the symptoms similar to that boy, please I'm terrified, thanks for your response RapidRod.
Please view my other symptoms were real Ann believes Please please.
I know the risk is low but not impossible.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:48:47 am »
Symptoms or lack of will never tell you anything at you had an exposure. You did not have an exposure. Saliva contains over a dozen different enzymes and proteins that inhibits HIV transmission. Again, you never had an exposure.

Offline Ramon

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:05:50 am »
I do not want to break the rules of the forum but it says that there are two known cases of transmission by cunnilingus, perhaps because I am one really confirmed I had the same symptoms that the poz guy.
My doctor looked at my thrush and gave me to do the test am terrified.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 10:36:18 am »

Like many I started researching and found a single forum case identical to my symptoms with positive results I am very frightened indeed are symptoms identical to those of this guy except that I did not perform the test, I'm terrified my positive result will also ?
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=39910.0

Ramon,

VariGam did not tell the truth about being hiv positive. He was NOT hiv positive. He was banned from the forums after we discovered his lie. Please read the ENTIRE thread.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection. Cunnilingus is NOT a risk.

Are you aware that we have a Spanish language forum? Estoy Infectadao. You may feel more comfortable posting there.

VariGam no dijo la verdad acerca de ser positivo de Vih. El no fue positivo de vih. Fue prohibido de los foros después de que descubriéramos su mentira. Lea por favor el hilo ENTERO.

Usted no ha tenido un riesgo para la infección de Vih. Cunnilingus no es un riesgo.

¿Está enterado que tenemos un foro español del idioma? Estoy Infectadao . Puede sentirse anunciar más cómodo allí.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ramon

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 11:26:49 am »
Ann thank you very much the truth, I did not read the whole post because I was depressed and I almost fainted.
I will not continue with questions about situations without risk because I understand the forum rules, the truth if I saw the other forum in Spanish but honestly I do not put links or literature sources such as do you.

1 - If I were so kind and let me explain why you could not risk other than cunnilingus saliva inhibits the virus that got it, I saw that other members you named them something of the clitoris and labia, its fluids are as harmless as saliva or tears, this is true because I did not understand.

2 - Whether you have an open wound on the side of the tongue, of course thank you very much for everything.

3 - This happened 3 months ago and my doctor recommended the test and I do, there is a chance of being poz for more to be small?

Thanks to the last post I may first, the truth entrusted traveled a lot in this forum and others like thebody are actually doing shit, pardon the word but they are very outdated.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 12:49:29 pm »
You did not have a risk as Ann has already told you.

Since you are so worried, why don't you do what your doctor said and get tested? It's strictly for your peace of mind and your getting a negative result is a foregone conclusion. Sometimes people need that negative result to let go of an unwarranted worry about HIV as is true in your case.
Andy Velez

Offline mirko22

• Standard
Yo también tenía la misma duda
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 01:03:24 pm »
Yo también tenía la misma duda
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:19:21 pm by mirko22 »

Offline mirko22

• Standard
Perdón por escrbir
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 01:17:59 pm »
Yo también tenía la misma duda, perdón señor Andy me deje de llevar por el impulso no lo hago más.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 01:22:58 pm by mirko22 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 01:27:50 pm »
Estas preocupando innecesario, hombre.
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 05:38:18 pm »
Sorry your case but I had many symptoms, such as non-healing ulcers and headaches over a month, Andy understand that your answers are just as valid as those of Ann but she gave an explanation in another post you could let me respond, much thanks.

Ann thank you very much the truth, I did not read the whole post because I was depressed and I almost fainted.
I will not continue with questions about situations without risk because I understand the forum rules, the truth if I saw the other forum in Spanish but honestly I do not put links or literature sources such as do you.

1 - If I were so kind and let me explain why you could not risk other than cunnilingus saliva inhibits the virus that got it, I saw that other members you named them something of the clitoris and labia, its fluids are as harmless as saliva or tears, this is true because I did not understand.

2 - Whether you have an open wound on the side of the tongue, of course thank you very much for everything.

3 - This happened 3 months ago and my doctor recommended the test and I do, there is a chance of being poz for more to be small?

Thanks to the last post I may first, the truth entrusted traveled a lot in this forum and others like thebody are actually doing shit, pardon the word but they are very outdated.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 06:20:58 pm »
Mirko, es una norma aqui que los miembres solamente pueden escribir en su hilo y no en los hilos de los otros miembres. Por favor no hagalo otra vez.
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 08:02:07 pm »
Ann Please await your response and opinion. Thank you.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 08:14:21 pm »
Ann already advised you, that you never had an exposure.

Offline Ramon

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2012, 08:16:42 am »
Please now that you are connected Ann can help me with questions

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2012, 09:14:45 am »
Ramon,

Patience! I'm going to translate the information on cunnilingus, but I have other things to do first.

You did not have a risk and will have to wait for the explanation of why you were not at risk.

¡Paciencia! Traduciré la información en el cunnilingus, pero tengo otras cosas para hacer primero.

Usted no tuvo un riesgo y tendrá que esperar la explicación de por qué usted no estuvo en riesgo.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ramon

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 09:47:02 am »
Thank you very much Ann.

I will wait to take time and explain to me, no problem.
Thank you so much from his words and give me peace of mind.

goodbye

Offline Ramon

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2012, 11:12:19 am »
I am very concerned, I think of the possibility that something went wrong.

After the situation had a week with a cold sores, canker doubted more than a month after I was either 1 or 2 weeks and shot a headache that will not stop until today took over a month and a half with them.

I think something I can go wrong, maybe the virus entered through the wound in her tongue from her clit and lips, I'm very confused and neuralgia-like pains are not going with the treatment that the doctor gave me.

Is to use protection, but the flu with cold, and this type headache meningitis have me very worried. On Tuesday I will realize I am very scared test.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2012, 11:24:01 am »
Yes, well fears and doubts and guessing aren't facts. As you have already been told you did not have a risk for HIV.

Nothing you are worrying about symptomatically is in any way HIV specific.

Scared notwithstanding, you are going to test negative.

At this point there is nothing more we can do for you about your fears. Get tested and collect the inevitable negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2012, 12:08:53 am »
Thanks for responding I will test tomorrow, I am very nervous and are 10 weeks of contact and follow evil, do not understand why this flu with large, painful ulcers, and now this headache and neck do not leave me alone, I know I was told that this quiet and I had no risk.

I just want to ask if there is little chance of licking her clit and lips with a wound in the language I'm scared, really do not want surprises if I am exposed and I have a chance please tell me if she had a high viral load and I was low defenses, also'll post the result after tomorrow, please help.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 12:20:20 am by Ramon »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 05:12:24 am »
■Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result,  or no-risk situation will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline Ramon

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 08:31:31 am »
Sorry I'm just very concerned, I do not suspend the forum Please do not wanna be a nuisance, the only thing that worries me is my wound on the tongue.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 08:34:09 am »
Yes, well fears and doubts and guessing aren't facts. As you have already been told you did not have a risk for HIV.

Nothing you are worrying about symptomatically is in any way HIV specific.

Scared notwithstanding, you are going to test negative.

At this point there is nothing more we can do for you about your fears. Get tested and collect the inevitable negative result.

You are still under that warning. There's nothing new to add except to repeat that we expect you to test negative.
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 08:59:20 am »
Sorry Mr. Velez

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2012, 10:01:12 am »
OK. Be patient until you get what we expect to be a negative result.
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 11:59:04 am »
Hi moderators, I do the test yesterday I delivered in 4 days.

I am very nervous, I hope everything goes well, Ann told me to explain when to tell time because I could not get infected with the fluids of the lips and clitoris but did not know it's a busy person.

I read something about it but I fear that she would have a high viral load and I bite my tongue for one day, I have much fear of this flu disease that gave me a week and the headaches that do not stop, promises that this is the last post to get my result.

Thank you very much for the help and advice they gave me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 12:21:39 pm »
Fortunately fears aren't facts. And your fears about the vaginal fluids are unfounded because the area of the vagina where HIV can be found in fluids is high up in the cervical area.

The vaginal lips and the clitoris are NOT where HIV is found.

We continue to expect you to test negative, your nervousness notwithstanding.
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2012, 05:54:39 pm »
Lords were right to 11 weeks almost negative for HIV, along with a full panel on the various sexually transmitted diseases, fortunately was right fears are not facts.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2012, 06:19:04 pm »
That's no surprise here but it certainly is always a happy thing to get a negative result.

Now take a breath and get on with your life. You are HIV negative. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2012, 06:41:43 pm »
Thank you very much Mr. Velez, Ann, Rapidrop, I congratulate them for their work here forever, it really is the only forum on HIV prevention at all serious, I always recommend, are the greatest thing there is.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2012, 08:34:32 am »
You're welcome, Ramon. Now get on with your life and remember to always use condoms properly for vaginal and anal intercourse to protect your HIV negative status.

On with your life now...
Andy Velez

Offline Ramon

« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 12:21:56 am »
Hello again to get back a thousand pardons, the truth was happy and comfortable with the outcome of 11 weeks, but my doctor tells me I must repeat at 13 weeks because my result is not conclusive yet, chances are that it becomes positive after 11 weeks.
Diculpen and thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 01:00:48 am »
Ramon,

I don't give a shit what your doctor told you - I'm telling you that you are conclusively hiv negative....

... because you NEVER HAD A RISK IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You do not have hiv.

If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.