Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:38:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 206
Total: 206

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Winter wonderland, my ass  (Read 10347 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Winter wonderland, my ass
« on: January 08, 2011, 08:10:53 am »
In less than 12 hours, we've gotten two feet (yes, two feet) of snow.  It's still coming down, and on the morning news, the weatherman said that by the time it starts to taper off tomorrow, we're supposed to get a least another foot.  I went out this morning to shovel, so it won't be so overwhelming later, and to clean off my car.  I have to shovel a distance to get to my car, and I also shoveled a space out around my car, so I could clean it off.  When I was done cleaning off the car, I had to shovel again, because of all the snow that came off the car (it had completely covered where I shoveled out a spot). 

All I can say is, people who have snowblowers, and garages to put their cars into, and still bitch, can kiss my ass, and STFU.  Why, oh why, can't I win the Powerball, and buy a home in Hawaii where I can escape to during the winter!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Winter wonderland, my ass
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2011, 09:21:38 am »
Well, Betty, if I were there with you, I'd drag your ass back outside so we could build a snowwoman together. I'd help with the shovelling too. :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2011, 09:25:33 am »
That sounds awful -- not to mention but you're also at 17℉ and going to 10 tomorrow :) Wasn't there already a lot of snow on the ground before you got this?  Take a pictar!

It's snowing here as well at the moment but we're only predicted to get 2-4"
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 11:34:01 am »
That does sound awful Betty , you are invited to come south for a visit anytime to get out of that mess but this week is not the week .

Where I live snow used to be a rare thing but in the last few years we have had two or three measurable snow events every winter . Tomorrow we are supposed to have have 3 to 5 inches of snow and then an ice storm . If this happens it will shut down this part of the south and take out our electricity with it . I'm leaving my house this afternoon because its total electric and going to a friends house who has gas heat and gas stove .      
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 11:35:42 am by jg1962 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 12:55:16 pm »
http://southbendtribune.com/article/20110108/News01/110109695/1129/News

Here's a little article about it.  Notice at the bottom, the political back and forth people get into-ridiculous.  I'll look around the local news sites to see if I can get a good picture. 

A friend of mine with a big truck thinks she's going to take myself and her shopping in this. ;D

Ann, if you were here, I'd love to make a snowman with you!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2011, 01:12:04 pm »

Ann, if you were here, I'd love to make a snowman with you!

I'd rather make a snowWOman, complete with sexy bra. ;D

I suppose the Cleveland area is getting hammered too. I don't miss that lake effect at all!

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2011, 02:47:35 pm »
Good Morning Ladies,

It never snows here... I will help build a Snowperson if we can build it like a man with a sexy bra.  Our Victorius Secret would need a name, something like Kathy May Hor (pronounced whore) and we can drink J&B rocks with a water back while she melts   ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(Who saw snow once)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 03:07:48 pm »
Sounds good to me, Michael!

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 04:18:54 pm »
Good Morning Ladies,

It never snows here... I will help build a Snowperson if we can build it like a man with a sexy bra.  Our Victorius Secret would need a name, something like Kathy May Hor (pronounced whore) and we can drink J&B rocks with a water back while she melts   ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(Who saw snow once)

Sounds good to me as well Michael, Ann and I will meet you outside Betty's place...if we can find it under all that snow... ;).

Sorry you are having such a hard time of it Betty, and here we are in the middle of our summer, although we have had a fair bit of rain lately and a few lightening strike's.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 04:27:46 pm »
Damn, just started to snow here again really hard.  Another big storm arrives on Tuesday.  Still nothing like what BT just was slammed with -- check in so we know you're OK!

I think I will text her.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 06:46:40 pm »
I'm alright.  Thanks for the text, Ms. P.  A friend of mine, who has a huge SUV, came by and picked me up, and we went to get dinner and coffee.  It's just crazy here.  The street in front of my house has one choppy lane, and you can't really tell very well where the street ends, and the sidewalk begins.  When my friend and I were out, people were getting stuck everywhere.  I'm going to try to figure out how to put a picture on here, when I can find one.  I just got back a bit ago. 

I suppose I should get used to this.  We get hit at some point during the winter.  What we got over the past 24 hours was lake effect.  We're supposed to have system snow come through Tuesday, but I don't think the weathermen really know that far ahead.  I mean, after all, yesterday, they said this was going to be a dusting of snow. ::)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2011, 07:00:34 pm »
Here's one picture, hope it works.  Sorry, I don't know how to copy pictures directly.  It seems I used to be able to use the "additional options" thing, but now it won't work. 

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk186/Bettytacy/snowstorm.jpg

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2011, 07:38:56 pm »
Bloody hell Betty that really does look bad..please take care if you have to go out.

Sending you warm {{hugs}}

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2011, 07:56:46 pm »
Sounds good to me as well Michael, Ann and I will meet you outside Betty's place...if we can find it under all that snow... ;).

We can find Betty's house because I have GPS... Can we find Betty?  I wonder if she has any ice cubes   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2011, 03:34:28 am »
I hope it clears up for you, Betty. We got hit with a storm after Xmas that Mayor Bloomberg and NYC was not prepared for. People were ripping him good. Then was told that there was going to be another storm this past Friday. Everybody was ready for it but then we didn't get anything but like an inch. That's mother nature for you.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline komnaes

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2011, 07:38:33 am »
Somehow I am glad I no longer live in Pawtucket or Toronto..  ;)

Here back in subtropical Hong Kong we're also having some freaky winter weather.. granted the temp is around 50F, drop to around 45F with the wind, but it feels really really cold. It usually doesn't get this cold til around late Jan to Feb and it usually won't last for more than a week... but it's been persistently cold since mid December.

And houses/apartment blocks don't here have heating so it's almost as cold inside as in the outside. I may just give up and go buy a small heater for my room..
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2011, 09:16:23 am »
Betty-
   Having lived in Minnesota for awhile I can completely sympathize with you. Which is worse, the never ending snow or the brutal cold? Here in New Mexico, the snow has been a little lacking so far, but plenty of temps below zero overnight. (Thank God for the woodstove and the chainsaws that help to keep it fed) we are at 7200 ft elevation, and winter storms here can be pretty ferocious. The year before we bought our place here, they had a snowfall of over four feet in less than 24 hours. Our road is not maintained, and people out here were snowed in for close to 2 weeks before getting out. What I cannot understand is the folks who have been out here for a number of years, and refuse to buy something with 4 wheel drive, then bitch about getting stuck. ??? We had a neighbor with an all-wheel drive Audi. Nice car, but without the ground clearance to go with it, the all wheel drive is pretty useless.

The canyon into our area frequently gets closed down due to snow. If you are local and have 4WD with good tires, they'll sometimes let you through, I drive an AMC Eagle wagon that has never been stuck, doing well even in over 20'' of snow. I'll loan it to you if you want, just don't hit anything with it, and return it with a full tank of gas
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2011, 01:17:29 pm »
*sigh*

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2011, 08:25:10 am »
49 of the 50 States have snow.... Florida is flake free, but it sure is chilly today     ::)  Stay warm !

http://www.baynews9.com/article/news/2011/january/193361/49-of-50-states-have-snow--only-Florida-is-flake-free

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2011, 09:15:00 am »
We only got 6" in Philadelphia and now the sun is out this morning.  NYC got 11".  Boston has a full on blizzard  with 40-50 mph winds.  I think they're saying the highest totals are in central Connecticut and Rhode Island with possibly 2 feet of snow.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 09:20:04 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2011, 10:20:57 am »
Florida is flake free, but it sure is chilly today

I do not believe I can agree with that statement. There are plenty of flakes in Florida and some of them post on these forums!

(present company excepted, Ray.) :D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2011, 10:32:00 am »
I do not believe I can agree with that statement. There are plenty of flakes in Florida and some of them post on these forums!

Flake is not specific to Florida.  There is a county close by which is commonly referred to as "Flake County."  I served on the Community Advisory Board for about three years, the Board of Supervisors stated there was no HIV or meth problems in their county.  They have honestly earned the name "Flake County"   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline fearless

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2011, 06:23:19 pm »
We eat Flake, but that's another story.

Crazy weather everywhere at the moment. Hope you thaw out soon Betty
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2011, 06:34:46 pm »

Hey!!! I'm from Florida  ???
 ::)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline jackfrost

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2011, 11:17:30 pm »
I feel your pain, last weekend we got 12 inches of snow, by the end of this weekend coming up we are supposed to get another 8 inches and right now it is minus 30 celsius which I believe is -22 fahrenheit. I had to dig my car out so I could go to work - oh the fun of it all. With the wind chill it feels like -40 Celsius....ugh!

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2011, 11:22:21 pm »
Definitely feel the pain of all those digging out from the snow --- we are down to 55 degrees here in Miami and supposed to only be 45 in the morning (BRRRRRR)
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 01:55:11 am »
In deference to Capt. Carl, those in the central/southern part of New Mexico are a bit snow shy.

Up here in northwestern New Mexico, we got dumped on just before the New Year. I had two feet fall in a day.

Then it stopped and the temps plummeted to below zero, with highs in the teens and low 20s.

It is finally warming up a bit. I think it is supposed to get above freezing tomorrow.

Yippee!

Betty hon, I hope you dig your way out soon. Stay warm.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2011, 07:34:05 am »

;D  LOL,...  I was wondering who was going to make the first comment on the "no flakes in Florida"

We have plenty of flakes, their all up in Tallahassee.    ::)

Meanwhile , it damn cold outside this morning.  34 degrees to be exact !!

Ray 8)
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2011, 07:39:55 am »
Its 16 degrees here this morning . Its odd to look out and see snow here but that's what we have to look at this winter . The mountains behind my house are beautiful with all the trees flocked in white but I'm looking forward to the normal 55 degree days we useally have , my feet are cold .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2011, 09:59:55 am »
Hey!!! I'm from Florida  ???
 ::)

'zactly! ;D

;D  LOL,...  I was wondering who was going to make the first comment on the "no flakes in Florida"

We have plenty of flakes, their all up in Tallahassee.    ::)

:D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2011, 02:04:16 pm »

I feel bad for everyone having to deal with snow.... maybe, who knows... ya'll might get lucky one year. ::)
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2011, 05:47:53 am »
http://southbendtribune.com/article/20110201/News01/110209926/1137

More fun. :P

I bet you have had enough winter fun this year . I was just reading Chicago is calling it a snow day and Chicago never does that .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2011, 08:49:28 am »
Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his little shadow this morning..... springtime should arrive a bit early.   

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 09:22:05 am »
No Snow here, but bitterly cold, my trusty temp guage reads 19. The city has instituted rolling blackouts (actually I think they are statewide) to help the folks in north Texas.

Us Southern Belles aren't used to this. Brrrrr.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Basquo

« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 10:16:58 am »
Yes it is damn cold here in Texas, 18 at the house this morning. Now they are saying 3" of snow by noon Friday?? I have too many hilly, winding roads between work and home; if we really get snow I'll have to stay at work since we're in the middle of a huge migration to a new system. Now the only decision is to book a hotel room next door out of my own pocket or stay in a patient room upstairs which would be free.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 11:09:41 am »
It's 0 degrees here in Albuquerque, NM along with the wind-chill that makes it -22 or 22 below  ???
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 07:06:51 pm »
In deference to Capt. Carl, those in the central/southern part of New Mexico are a bit snow shy.
HUGS,

Mark

Well, we're not quite as dry as you might think. We have had something over a foot and a half since Monday night. This morning I was greeted with -14F, as well as frozen pipes :(. I didn't think my elderly Trooper would start, but it did, so unfortunately I had to go to work. 35 miles in 4 wheel drive most of the time. It got up to 8F today. More snow coming tomorrow, with even colder temps.
   The really fun part is that I work outside and have to start at 4:30 AM. Like DenB said, temps around 0F with winds in the 35-40 mph range. Oh how I love my job :P

CaptCarl
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 07:08:52 pm by CaptCarl »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 11:30:05 pm »
Let the Chaos begin! Just watched the news, and gulf mositure is coming across the top of the arctic air we have in south Texas. Snow beginning tomorrow at 6pm continuing throughout the night and into friday, up to 6 inches in SA. Wtf?

It's clearly going to be armageddon in SA.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2011, 02:54:18 pm »
Well, it was a brisk -8 F this morning, and with the breeze, the wind chill took it to -13.

It was so cold as I drove in to work, my breath froze on the inside of the car windows, even with the defroster on high.

It is now noon and a balmy 15 F.

But, our brethren in Albuquerque, which is usually much more temperate, had it worse. I guess they were at -6 F this morning, but with more wind, so the wind chilll was settling in at -18 F to -22 F.

That will make your nipples perky.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2011, 02:56:47 pm »
It is now noon and a balmy 15 F.

And I thought it was cold here in SC today with highs only in the 40s... BRRRRRRR!!!

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #41 on: February 03, 2011, 05:44:03 pm »
 This is your Captain speaking:

Luck smiled upon me this morning, and my car wouldn't start. It would barely turn over. The truck was the same story, as was the Trooper. With much coaxing, I was able to get Norm's Outback started for him, so he was able to get to work. After two days of working outside in sub-zero weather, I had no problem calliing in to work to tell them I couldn't make it in ;D. When I got up this AM it was the coldest I have ever seen it here: -25 Fahrenheit. Our pipes froze up two days ago, but I am optimistic that they will thaw out by mid-March or thereabouts.

I finally got the Trooper going, though I think a new battery is in order at this point. It has close to 200,000 miles on it, and is still going strong. Now I have to take it up into the woods to get some firewood, as we are almost out. Good thing I keep the chainsaw indoors so it'll be easy to start.  :)

CaptCarl

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2011, 07:00:37 pm »

Mark & Carl,   I have NEVER been in that type of cold before in the 9yrs. I've lived here in Albuquerque, I NEVER thought it could get that cold here, but, I'm a believer, shoveling snow outta my drive-way, and walk,  took me 2 hrs. just to dig myself out, to get to the Store, buy food, and to pick up my Meds, it was DAM COLD, good thing I bought a snow-shovel back in 2006's  big snow storm, and I never thought I would get to use it until now  ???
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.