Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:44:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772953
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 463
Total: 465

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lady's thread #72 Shit Happens  (Read 49710 times)

Offline Snowangel

Re: Lady's thread #72 Shit Happens
« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2010, 11:19:11 pm »
Camms-
LOL, funny you say that, I hear it all the time. I'm not quite sure yet if she is nervous, she is kind of moody sometimes so it is hard to gauge where she is coming from. Moody might not be the right word, she is not used to be able to depend on someone or asking anyone for anything so guarded might be a better way to describe her.
 I was in the shower (where I do my best thinking) and I thought OH SHIT, I meant to say something about your friend. You had me at 21 days. For $300. That women must have some balls to even say anything to you, hell I don't think I would make a change or I would wait till I had some money so I could pay to make a change. You are so right about how thankless people can be. I'm sorry you had to go through that.
Keeping- How are you feeling? I finally got a new phone so I can text again, yeah!!!  It's got that swipe texting and that is kinda hard to get used to, I will send you the number.  I haven't heard anything about Viv at all.
Queen B- Send me that info. Please and Thank you!
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: October 26, 2010, 05:12:48 am »
Camms, I hope you're feeling better.  I know quite a few people who have bad colds right now.  I suppose it's that time of year, weather changes and all. 

Netta, so glad to hear from you!  That's great about your art.  I don't do facebook, though, so unfortunately, I won't be able to see the drawings. 

Keeping, good to hear from you.  I hear you about the master's classes being frustrating.  I didn't know there would be so much work.  I told a friend of mine that if I ever express interest in going back to school again after this year is over, to hit me in the head.

Snow, it's nice you're there for your friend. 

We're under a high wind warning here, and we're supposed to get severe storms.  I don't like that, and would rather have the weather cool with a little rain.  But this shit is crazy.  We're also under a tornado watch.  Another county close to me, last night, had a tornado warning, with one being spotted there. 

There are a couple things I just heard on the news that got me thinking this morning.  One is, here in South Bend, they tried to pass, with the city common council, a bill that would protect LGBT persons from being fired or discriminated against based on their sexual orientation.  Well, of course, true to its jack-ass conservative roots, the council voted it down.  That pisses me off.  When they tried to pass it last time, I went.  Some of the citizens who were there to oppose it were just so radical, it was crazy.  They keep saying gay people want "special" rights.  They don't realize what they're trying to pass ensures people of "equal" rights. 

Also, there's a teenager who killed his grandfather earlier this year.  Yesterday he was sentenced to life without parole.  He's only 15.  I just keep thinking there was something seriously wrong going on in the kid's head, and now he won't ever be getting out of prison.  It just seems so damaging.  Of course, I don't know everything about the kid, but to me is just seemed a bit harsh.

Other than that, yesterday I took the big test at the ASO.  It wasn't graded yesterday, as the boss had some appointments to go to.  I'm very nervous about it, because it had information on it I'm not familiar with.  And I have to get an 80% or better to pass.  I just don't have a good feeling about it.  It took me 3 hours to do, and when I was done, I kept thinking that if I didn't pass it, I was quitting.  We get two chances to pass it, but I just don't know if I could sit through it again.  So, everyone send good vibes that it comes out alright.  I'm not feeling good about it.                                 I guess that's it.  I hope you all have a good one, and take care of those colds!

Edited to add correction.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:58:18 am by BT65 »
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline camille07

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2010, 08:09:50 am »
BT-  First , for your test, I don't want to give you some bs and say believe in yourself blah blah blah and then you fail.  But I have confidence in you and whatever happens, I know you'll make the right decision.  Darn, you've been through some major life alterations.  And you 've triumphed.  Don't let this little test worry you sick.  

I was real hesitant to do "facebook" myself but I find it strangely addictive.  It's nice to see some of the people of the forums, interacting, and post parts of their life that's difficult here....Lke Netta's art.  However, people with busy schedules should stay away.

Snow-  You know what's so crazy about it is the women lives on a  mansion in a prestigious town.   She has more than most people I know.  I extended a courtesy and she became selfish, greedy, and off center.  I didn't give a crap about how much she could pay me. She was a friend, gave her the deal of the century, and I screwed.

KTF-  keep pressing on with the masters, you can do it.

Heading off now,

hope you all have a good dayl

BTW- Betty, I just checked the weather forecast and your storm warning will be here tonight, but mainly tomorrow. Yikes.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 08:52:22 am by camille07 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2010, 07:15:03 pm »
Well, I didn't pass the fucking test.  I should have waited until I got back from training next week, like my boss wanted me to.  It was stupid shit I missed, and stuff I really didn't know, I guessed on it.  But, we have to pass it with an 80% or better, and I only got a 72%.  I have one more shot, then it's no job.  And that would be a disaster, because I have so many damn bills, and commitments.  I just can't tell you all how disappointed I am.  I almost walked out when my boss gave me the news. :(

Oh, and Camms, actually we had rain earlier, and it's damn windy.  Another town in the county to the west had a tornado.  Our storms, or incidence of storms, is over.  It was over around noon today.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2010, 09:23:46 pm »
BT- Don't quit now, you are almost there. The way you were talking I thought you were going to do way worse than a 72.  Keep your head up, you will get through it.

Camms- It's funny you say that, I sometimes wonder if that is how they get rich, screwing other people.  I have run into a few things like that around here, lately.  You definately need to un-friend her :)

Strange day here, very warm but windy.  Glad it is over, people have been acting like it's a full moon all month.

Snow

Offline camille07

« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2010, 09:30:45 am »
BT, I 'm sorry, but don't beat yourself up.  No flagellation allowed.  At least you have a second chance, so can you take the 2nd test after training next week?

Thankfully, you didn't get the tornado.  I read on cnn that one had surfaced.  I woke up with the storm having passed.  Gray and rainy.

Snow-  I unfriended her so quickly.  I introduced her to facebook and set up her page for childrens books.  That was free.  I shutter now,  but it's fading.  I'm not one to hold grudges. 

So, grammy is very bad.  She's 94 and had a fall in the spring.  Now she's been declining.  Believe it or not, it wasn't her hip.  She hit her head and now she is failing, mentally, and physically. I have a feeling it will be a long road.

I will be away for some time.  I have a droid phone and can pick up the internet in the land of silver heads and no technology.   I'll continue to read the threads, but posting is another thing. I wish they had an app for the forums.

Hope you all have a great day...Betty, Ann, Michelle and anyone else.  Netta and Snow I'll see you on FB (droid has an app) ;)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2010, 01:34:53 pm »
Yeah, I'll be taking the 2nd test after training, but I have to admit, I really don't have much self confidence.  I thought I would pass the last one.  So, we'll see.  Camms, I hope you're going to enjoy the time away.  Sorry about your grams.  That's a tough situation.  Snow, 72 is bad enough. 

In all actuality, I should have waited.  But, I wanted to get it over with.  Now, unfortunately, there's only one chance left to take it.  Had I waited until after the training, I still would have had a couple shots at it.  Oh well, nothing much I can do now. 

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2010, 06:21:19 pm »
Camms- I have a droid too, I think, do you like yours? It is taking me awhile to get used to it. I don't like how I can see who called or texted in me one screen and when

BT- Silly rabbit, you are supposed to do the training BEFORE you take the test.  At least you will have idea of what questions they will ask and you can focus on that info.

Never in my life have I  seen so much craziness in the school system. I have been around the school system 12 years now and went thru high school back in the late 80's.  All that time, I never saw a child taken out of the school by an ambulance because they have behavior issues. In the past 2 weeks I have seen kids go fucking( sorry but there is no other word to describe it) nuts and get carted away in the oh-shit bus, 8 times, 3 different children. The whole thing is sad ESPECIALLY when the parents deny there is even an issue. "Ma,am, your lovely darling second grader, threatened to kill someone yesterday, how much more of a sign to you need?"  Sorry had to vent :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2010, 09:23:34 am »
Sorry to hear about your test result, Betty. Please keep in mind that if they routinely offer a second chance, then a lot of people probably don't pass the first time. Like Snow said, at least now you have a better idea of what to expect and what you need to study up on the most. Good luck with your second try! I got my fingers, arms, legs and eyes all crossed for you - I hope it helps!

Sorry to hear about your Gran, Camms. I know how difficult that sort of thing can be to deal with and it isn't pretty/nice. Sending you calm, peaceful thoughts to help you get through.

Snow, a second grader was threatening to kill someone and the parents don't think there's a problem? Egads, that's nuts. The parents themselves must be pretty messed up if they can't see there is something wrong with that picture. I hope the whole family gets the help they need before someone gets hurt.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2010, 04:03:16 pm »
Snow, that's crazy about the 2nd grader threatening to kill someone.  I wonder what kind of shows he watches on the t.v.?  I mean, sometimes kids could watch stuff like CSI, and want toplay maybe.  Dunno.  Hopefully things will calm down.  I mean, I wasn't there, so he could have been totally serious.

Ann, they never even used to have this test, because people normally learn by doing.  It's mostly over agency policies, and forms to be filled out (all the forms-intake, review, direct service app, medical services, which is the mother of all the forms).  I guess a couple of the other care coordinators weren't entering stuff right, and almost cost the agency money, so the head of client services want to make sure people do it right.  I think it's a bit eccentric of the boss, but whatever.  The other employees in different departments don't even agree with having one. 

Yeah, next week, starting Tuesday, I'll be in Indianapolis for the rest of the week for training.  This is to enable us to get "Medicaid certified," so we can bill Medicaid (that is, if I still have a job).  The agency already bills Medicaid, so I'm not sure exactly why we're going, but whatever.  It's required.

I worked today, and observed two different tests.  One was for employment.  The other one was a guy who was worried he was exposed to HIV.  He told the testor and I he has been "around people with HIV."  I asked the guy how he thinks he may have been exposed, and he said "on the toilet seat?"  I told him HIV has to have a direct entrance into the body, it's not passed through casual contact etc. etc.  He then asked me if syphilis could be picked up off a toilet seat.  WTF? (no, that's not what I said to him).  Crazy.  But, that's how it is.                                    Ok ladies, I'm not going to go on and on, so you all have a good one.

Edited to correct a mistake
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 04:48:00 am by BT65 »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #110 on: November 01, 2010, 07:19:39 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Just checking in because I know I haven't been on in awhile. I've been busy and tired with babysitting 6 days a week but it is now starting to slow down. I am grateful for that. I am still coughing and sniffling. When I had this problem last year they gave me and inhaler so I have been using that off and on.

Sorry to hear about you not passing the test, Betty. I also agree with what everyone is saying. You'll be prepared next time. And is it the same exact test? That would make it easier too. Ann, I been seeing commercials with the Mirenda thingy. I didn't like the idea that it may come loose. I have gotten use to getting the Depo every 3 months. And I even gave myself the shot last year since I didn't have a gyn then. I was amazed I could do it but then I was giving myself insulin shots, not much diff I wouldn't think. As far as your blog, I will be on it. I have kinda stalled with mine a little. I am lucky if I get one entry out a month. But I did just think of something, maybe I will work on it later.

I hope everyone is doing good. I wish some of you would come over to Facebook. It is a bit addicting and distracting. But it's good to see what other people are thinking about. I also use it to keep up with my family.

I hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween!!
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #111 on: November 01, 2010, 07:56:02 pm »
Snow-
That's nothing, there is another mother that is getting her ass beat everyday and then can't understand why her son acts up all the time.  The counselor asked her about abuse and she totally denied it.  It's just so sad that she rather stay in that situation instead of working or finding away to get herself and her children out of it. 

How things, Queen B?  Anything new in su casa?

BT- Have a safe trip, you will do fine in your class.  I am going to PM you my new number in case you want to chat.

Ann- I was reading one of your old blogs and I would love to be a fly on the wall at one of your doc appts., especially when you first meet them. LMAO!!

Camms- I finally figured out how to see who called me, texted me and whatever at the same time yesterday, LOL, better late than never.

I feel bad because I have been avoiding that lady I help out.  I am pissed and scared at the same time.  Pissed because she does nothing to take care of herself, except by herself new clothes.  She doesn't eat (if she does it a quarter of a sandwich, if that, all day, if she's lucky she weighs 90 lbs, she doesn't sleep, she smokes non-stop, she drinks vodka by the gallon and is poppin oxys like they are aspirin.  I understand she is going through a lot, physically and emtionally, she has cancer, congestive heart failure and a list of other ailments, and her  husband of 48 years is waiting for her to die cheating on her.  He calls her dozens of times a day to make himself feel better but does nothing to help her.....nothing and she still treats him like he is God.
Scared because I feel like one of these days she is going to be dead when I go over her house.  She would of died one of the last times but I called the ambulance for her, her husband had happen to stop by but couldn't see or didn't acknowlege that she could hardly breathe or move for that matter  and left.  It is the wierdest thing to be around, I don't know what she could of done in her life to make her family act like she doesn't exsist.  Shoot my grandparents were never a quarter sick as she is and I would stop by and check on them everyday.  I know that she amazes me with how long she has been able to survive in the condition she is in. I hope and pray things get better for her but if she doesn't do anything to change I don't see things ending well.

Have a good night!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #112 on: November 01, 2010, 09:02:37 pm »
Queen, unfortunately, it's not the same test.  But I believe it will be basically the same ideas.  If I don't do something right the first time, I don't have a lot of confidence in doing it right the 2nd time.  That's a character flaw of mine.  How are you doing, other than babysitting a lot?  Have you seen all your docs, and do you like them?

Snow, that's a shame about that person you help out.  With her illnesses, I wouldn't worry about her smoking or drinking.  It sounds like she's on the way down, and if that's true, she might as well do what she wants.  I know it isn't easy to deal with when you're around her, though.  Too bad about her husband.  He should be shot.

Tomorrow afternoon is when I leave for Indy.  So, after that I won't be on until later Friday, or Saturday.  All you ladies behave!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2010, 04:31:27 pm »
Snow--The landlord did finally fix the heat, its on a timed thermostat but it has been on. Today he sent the exterminator over, who sprayed once again and set down stuff for the mice. A cat would do a better job. I asked him about getting one and he said he had to think about it. Then went on to list the reasons for not having one.

Betty-- I am getting the doctors back together slowly. I have seen the gyn. On Friday, I have to go to the ENT for the hearing tests so I can have Medicaid pay for them. The nurse at the shelter pretty much guaranteed me that Mt. Sinai should be able to give me the reason for my hearing loss. I truly hope so after 4 years of not knowing.

Back to babysitting but until then, am watching ROME. Have a good one ladies....

6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2010, 04:15:42 pm »
Just thought I would mention that someone needs to start a new thread....If no one has by the time I check back in then I will...Gotta try to think of something good. It's almost the weekend baby!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.