Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:59:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 341
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Blow job, sensitive mouth  (Read 8953 times)

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
Blow job, sensitive mouth
« on: December 08, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »
Might be a goofy question, I'm not a very sexually active person, have only had sex a few times, always with protection. After a mutual hand job last night, I gave a guy a blow job. I have sensitive gums and teeth and when I brush them they bleed a little from my gums. I brushed my teeth an hour or two before I blew him.

There may have been some precum, he didn't finish in my mouth.

Is there a risk that I exposed myself to?

Sorry if this is a goofy question, I'm just concerned, I've dealt with OCD my entire life and try to avoid sexual encounters, but we're all human and I let my horniness get the best of me.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Blow job, sensitive mouth
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 03:59:50 pm »
There have been no fewer than three separate serodiscordant couples studies (where one person is HIV positive, the other negative.) These couples were tracked for three. five and ten years. The couples used condoms for penetrative vaginal and anal sex, but NO BARRIER at all for oral sex. Any kind of oral sex.

These studies yielded NO infections.

You did not have a risk in the situation you describe .

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED HIV TESTING AT THIS TIME for this incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than HIV. Some of the other STDs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid HIV infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 04:03:25 pm »
Thank you Jeff. I feel a lot better now.

Have a happy holiday.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2013, 04:06:15 pm »
You to and you are welcome .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »
I'm sorry to ask again, i swear this will be the last.

I just want to make sure I clarified, my gums just can't deal with the "abuse" a tooth brush gives, so they bleed a lot when do my daily cleaning, especially with flossing. Since this happened about two hours after I brushed and flossed, I'm just concerned with the open lining of my gums that were bleeding like they always do. I should still be ok, right? I wasn't bleeding obviously at the time I performed oral on him.

I know I'm probably being OCD, and this night in question has pushed me to talk to a
Professional about my hypochondria with pretty much everything.

Sorry to bother and this will be the last time I ask, I swear!

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2013, 11:00:29 pm »
I'm sorry to ask again, i swear this will be the last.

I just want to make sure I clarified, my gums just can't deal with the "abuse" a tooth brush gives, so they bleed a lot when do my daily cleaning, especially with flossing. Since this happened about two hours after I brushed and flossed, I'm just concerned with the open lining of my gums that were bleeding like they always do. I should still be ok, right? I wasn't bleeding obviously at the time I performed oral on him.

I know I'm probably being OCD, and this night in question has pushed me to talk to a
Professional about my hypochondria with pretty much everything.

Sorry to bother and this will be the last time I ask, I swear!

I did read your concerns carefully and the answer is still the same, no risk .

We cant help you with your HIV phobia or OCD . Please talk to your mental health provider about this because HIV is not your problem . Please do not buy a subscription in order to ask more questions, we care but cant help you . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2013, 05:23:01 pm »
I’m back again, sorry again to bother.

I had just started to feel better from the past few weeks, after my doctor recommended I take an HIV test just for a baseline, and then another one 3 months from now as it was only a low risk. That baseline test came back negative on Friday (via an Oraquick)… with that and the new knowledge that the guy I gave oral to said he was negative, and the replies in this thread of no-risk, I finally had started to feel like myself again…

Well, I had another incident last night.

I had gone out and really hit it off with someone, things started heating up and he asked what I wanted to do, I basically told him since I don’t know him that anything we’ll do will fall into pretty much safe activities… and for the most part, they were. Massaging with all clothes on, kissing on the neck… that sort of thing.

The one concern I now have is that I started grabbing his penis over his boxers. I never came into direct contact with his penis. I don’t know if there was precum, I don’t remember feeling anything wet, I thought things looked damp, I don’t know… but let’s say for the fact there was precum on his boxers. I of course forgot that 2 days before, I had sliced my one finger with scissors. It wasn’t a big cut, in fact it looks like a paper cut. It was well on its way to healing and there hasn’t been any blood since a few minutes after I cut it. When I flip the flab of skin over, I see two specs that are little scabs.

As things continued to progress I considered throwing a condom on and seeing where things would go, but he stopped me and told me that he was HIV positive. I didn’t freak out or anything, but that toned things down from there. The rest of the night we just cuddled and then I left a few hours later.

Should I worry about any precum I may have come in contact with through his boxers and the cut on my hand? Is it safe to assume that if there was no blood from my cut that the cut was effectively sealed off from any exposure risk? Should I consider taking another test or contacting my doctor for meds?

He said he has a good CD4 level in the 1000’s and his VL is undetectable.

I of course am now worried sick again, headaches and all.

I asked another forum and the standard reply was HIV can’t be transmitted in the way I described, everyone says I’m overreacting and can just move on. However I feel more comfortable asking here, as I feel you guys are the best. Once I get your reply, I will feel better either way.

In other news, I am in the process of seeking help for my fear of HIV and all other diseases, I’m seeking out a doctor and am looking forward to getting a hold on my obsessive thoughts that continually feedback on me.

Thank you for your time.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2013, 05:28:18 pm »
You never had an exposure.

HIV is unable to reproduce outside its living host (unlike many bacteria or fungi, which may do so under suitable conditions), except under laboratory conditions; therefore, it does not spread or maintain infectiousness outside its host.

HIV is transmitted by;
Unprotected penetrative anal and/or vaginal sex
Sharing works with other IV drug users
Mother to child

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2013, 06:22:23 pm »
Thank you Rapid Rod, I don't know how many times everyone has to tell me no, I'm fine.

I keep telling myself I'm being ridiculous. I sometimes have to step out of my box and think about what I'm asking... HIV from touching boxers? It sounds goofy even saying it.

I'll try my best to stop obsessing over a no risk (right?) situation.

Have a good Christmas/holiday.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2013, 07:26:26 pm »
You have absolutely no basis for concern at this point. Cut it out and get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2013, 12:13:49 am »
Thank you Andy. I am certainly going to try.

I agree with everyone that has posted, I had no risk for either of my situations. The latest one has just too many things that needed to come together for a transmission to occur... Happened outside his body, don't even remember feeling any precum, so if there was any... It was minuscule. And if for some reason some managed to get into my healing finger cut... I can refer back to point one where his precum was already exposed to air/elements and transmission only occurs inside the body. At least I think I got that right at least.

I again apologize for being a thorn in everyone's side. I appreciate everything and the time you everyone has took to reply to my concerns. You've taken me from crushing overreaction/stress to a much calmer state... And I'm sure as the days go on, my fears will continue to subside.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2013, 12:31:54 am »
The fact that you have a HIV phobia and didn't have a risk for HIV is a clear sign you should not be on a HIV website fixated on your fears . Please talk to your therapist and know that we have helped you all that we can .

I asked you on December 9th not to take out a subscription and the reason is we will not keep discussing no risk situations with you . If you need reassurance and relief from your OCD you need to see your doctor . Please do not continue to post about this incident or you will be given a time out so that you can seek help outside of the forum . Im wishing you the best .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2013, 12:34:30 am »
Jeff, the incident on the 9th I understand, however I am now asking about something that occurred last night. Andy and RapidRod were able to answer my concerns from last night.

I will not bother again. I believe I have all the answers I need
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:39:59 am by EricOsc »

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2013, 06:59:20 pm »
Since my subscription is expiring, I thought I'd ask one more question not so much about my risks, I understand you've told me I had no risk in either situation... I'm just trying to understand the science/reasoning behind this.... And I think I do now. It might have taken a month but I get it...

Am I correct in assuming that as soon as the virus leaves the body, it immediately becomes damaged, even if partially active for minutes/hours and is unable to spread? If so, that completely alleviates any concern I had for either the oral I gave or cum from the HIV+ person I got on my cut scenarios I had asked about.

Therefore the only risk sexually someone would have would be to have unprotected anal or vaginal sex and that's it?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:02:11 pm by EricOsc »

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2013, 07:01:55 pm »
HIV is transmitted by;
Sharing works with other IV drug users .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2013, 07:03:37 pm »
HIV is transmitted by;
Sharing works with other IV drug users .

I know, I've read that before, I'm just trying to understand the reasoning behind that. Is what I asked basically it, it can't stay active once exposed to the elements outside the body?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2013, 07:07:54 pm »
HIV is fragile and becomes damaged when exposed to conditions outside the human body, small changes in temperature and PH levels damage it rendering it unable to infect .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 07:15:24 pm »
OK. Thanks. I want to ask if that damage is immediate or not, but I feel like I'm walking on eggshells, but is it?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 07:24:44 pm by EricOsc »

Offline EricOsc

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 02:59:24 pm »
OK, subscription ends probably like in an hour, will no longer be able to post, so I need to ask one last time... Going to see my therapist, just want to make sure I've got this down, I'll also show them this entire thread.

Too reiterate -

Receptive oral and HIV positive precum in a cut are no risk and not a concern, right?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 05:15:53 pm »
Your questions have been asked and answered.  There is nothing more that we can do for you.

Joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.