Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:33:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 626
Total: 626

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: unprotected vaginal sex with street prostitute,bleeding chronic symptoms :(  (Read 3687 times)

Offline freaked2343

• Standard
Dear Jeff, Andy & other experts..Before 7 months i had drunkun unprotected vaginal exposure with street prostitute of bangladesh in africa..During exposure my penile foreskin got damaged and it started bleeding..i freaked out and ejaculated quickly and left that place..2 weeks after exposure i got viral pharyngitis and fever which was there for 2 weeks..Just when it subsided i got joint and muscle pain at each and every part of my body which was horrible,and then got neuropathy in both of my feet which migrated upwards towards my legs and now both hands..neuropathy is diagnosed by doctor..m having constant burning pain in both soles of my feet,along with muscle weakness joint pain in knees its horrible and chronic from more than 6 months..M really freaked out..I was absolutely healthy b4 and now m feeling like crap..m just 27 years old..doc has prescribed me lyrica and amitrypiline for my pain..its horrible..and one more thing i was having life threatening illness last year during which i was admitted in hosp for 2 months and luckily got saved..doc has ordered hiv tests along with other blood tests such as esr crp etc..both came hugely elevated..both are markers of inflammation and i have heard that they always gets elevated during hiv infection..i have tested from 6th week upto 7 months using hiv 4th generation duo tests which were negative..i have also taken hiv 1 quant pcr rna  which was also negative at 3 months..my both soles of feet and palms of hands have gotten fully red :( from last 6 months..doc thinks its neuropathy along with vascular disease because of viral infection..Now lookin at whole scenario what should i do now?? should i keep on continuing testing until i test positive??i think m havin delayed seroconversion because of my previous lifethreatening illness or i must be  coinfected with hep c which is taking more time :( please help me

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
OK, while I appreciate your fears, with those HIV negative results you have reliably and conclusively tested negative. None of your symptoms are in anyway HIV specific. You have to keep working with your doctor until the real cause(s) of your symptoms can be determined.

HIV is not your problem. There is no reason for further HIV testing nor is there any science-based reason to think you would be having a delayed seroconversion.

Andy Velez

Offline freaked2343

• Standard
Thank you so much for calming me down andy bro :) love ya...My Other abnormal blood results which are inflammatory markers..And my life threatening illness last year due to which i have to be hospitalised for 2 months..i got pancreatitis,my liver and all got inflamed..I was saved at that time..This year too i got surgery for my gall bladder 6 weeks after that incident..will those things affect my test results??i am uncircumcised also and due to bleeding on my penile foreskin i think the virus have entered my nerves which has caused this sudden neuropathy..:( neuropathy sometimes occurs during seroconversion right??mine is chronic and constant from last 6 months 24 hours.m just worried that because of blood exposure i may have been co infected by hep c also which must be causing delayed seroconversion,or i might be infected with hiv 2.wont my last years life threatening illness and this years surgery delay window period??my soles of both feets have become fully red from last 6 months along with palms of hands..m very fair and earlier it were whitish,this discolouration along with my other neurologic chronic symptoms with joint pain in both knees and muscle twitching.i respect your opinion but this freaking symptoms arent letting me to sleep at night specially neuropathy :( due to which i cant forget about hiv....and for your information i have also tested for hep b c and syphillis upto 7 months also..

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Not one single thing you shared with us would affect your HIV test . You do not have HIV ... its safe to move on .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline freaked2343

• Standard
Andy jeff thanks for the reassurance..but the main thing which worries me is my constant neuropathy symptoms which are worsening,diagnosed by neurologist..before this exposure i was completely fine and healthy :(...also my joints are paining with muscle weakness....i have heard that neuropathy is sometimes associated with primary hiv infection.,i have never recovered from this pain after this exposure..my soles of feet and palms of hand hv gone completely red and are very Painful..i am worried because my exposure was in a country where lots of CRFs URFs and other subtypes are there which i doubt my tests arent able to detect....May be i must be infected with rare strain or multidrug resistent strain?:(....please look also at my lifethreatening illness which i got last year and my current surgery which can delay in result..is my 7 month result 100 percent conclusive when i hv seen in i just tested positive forums where they test negative upto 1 year and then suddenly their cd4 drops to less than 100..i have done my cd4 cd8 counts also..in which my cd4 counts were 1689 which were highly elevated..normal is 500 to 1500..my cd3 counts were also elevated..my total lymph counts were 3769 where normal would be upto 3000..my cd4 % was 44 and cd4/cd8 ratio was 1.64.. why this much elevation?this means my immune system is still fighting infection:(..please give a last and brief advice..thank u

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
We do not discuss symptoms but I will say you cant have symptoms from a virus you do not have, and FYI ... it takes years to develop HIV related neuropathy .

Not one single thing you shared with us would affect your HIV test . You do not have HIV ... its safe to move on .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.