Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:42:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 198
Total: 198

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Buzzed.  (Read 11798 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Buzzed.
« on: April 09, 2008, 03:34:24 pm »
They're everywhere.  Bumblebees.  Also flies, ladybugs, some mosquitos already...looks like even a few wasps & hornets.  A look out onto the horizon is straight blue on green.  The sun is warm on my skin, and a gentle breeze is blowing through life.

Spring is here.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: Buzzed.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 03:46:25 pm »
The pioneer cemetary across the road generates a nice home for gnats which swarm in my face which started about a month ago and will last until winter...  The roses, tulips and iris are already blooming as is the lavender and soon, the aloe vera will bloom also.  I thought the century plant would bloom last year but so far, not in this century.  I love spring so much, I get buzzed every day  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 04:00:46 pm »
Spring hasn't sprung here yet ... still gets down into the thirties here in the wasteland commonly know as Indiana.  I am thrilled for you guys though. 
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 04:13:00 pm »
still gets down into the thirties here in the wasteland commonly know as Indiana.   

Oh yes,  Greyness, freezing temps, etc. etc. etc.  And 'gentle breeze blowing through life?'  More like strong wind gusts ruining my nicely done hair.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:25:06 pm »
That's right...summer's coming. 

Time to get your best game on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nbkbss7i5s

(A must see)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 04:45:40 pm »
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Offline Teresa

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 05:25:48 pm »
Better go buy my Bounce dryer sheets if the wasps and bees are starting to come out. Whenever I work in my flowerbeds or mow the yard I always pin 2 dryer sheets on my shirt. It keeps the bees and wasps away. My family laughs at me when they see me with my bounce on....but i dont care...it really works!

hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 05:30:14 pm »
That was pretty darn cute!

Yes it was cute  ;D  The Goodyear Blimp is kept a few miles away near Redondo Beach on the 405, the weather is alweays perfect but I didn't know there were enough 10 year olds in Hermosa for a little league team.  Learning something new every day here in the Forums  ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2008, 06:09:46 pm »
Oh yes,  Greyness, freezing temps, etc. etc. etc.  And 'gentle breeze blowing through life?'  More like strong wind gusts ruining my nicely done hair.

I hear ya. I haven't spotted an insect yet not even an ant.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2008, 06:19:23 pm »
I've not encountered any insects yet, but I'm ready to put my screen windows in and take out the storm windows at the slightest notice.  And at that point I will most likely have to wear a pink v-neck cotton sweater.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2008, 07:02:30 pm »
And another great thing about Spring:  BASEBALL!

Offline Basquo

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2008, 07:09:15 pm »
That's right...summer's coming. 

Time to get your best game on....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nbkbss7i5s

(A must see)

Thanks for that, Thunter! I had a shitty day and that really made me warm and fuzzy!

Offline fearless

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2008, 07:16:14 pm »
Ah, spring time. you gotta love it.

I envy you all as I watch my days get shorter and shorter, and the nights cooler. I must admit though, it is the most gorgeous autmunal day outside. Was crisp and clear this morning, about 60 degrees, and should warm up to mid 70's, perhaps 80 by midday.

I still have insects though, the last few mozzies are still buzzing around, and there are still spiders everywhere in my garden. even the fleas on my cats are are still hanging on.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2008, 07:26:28 pm »
Spring was here in full bloom this week, but by Monday, the highs are back to the 40's with below freezing temps at night.  Still, we'll enjoy it while we can.  I can't wait to be able to hang out the wash and sit on the deck reading until well after 9pm.  Little League baseball starts a week from Saturday with 2 of our boys suiting up: #2 in coach's pitch and #5 in T-ball.  Opening day will see us all in sweatshirts and coats.

Mum - who REALLY wants to dig.
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 08:19:47 pm »
Ah, spring time. you gotta love it.

I envy you all as I watch my days get shorter and shorter, and the nights cooler. I must admit though, it is the most gorgeous autmunal day outside. Was crisp and clear this morning, about 60 degrees, and should warm up to mid 70's, perhaps 80 by midday.

I still have insects though, the last few mozzies are still buzzing around, and there are still spiders everywhere in my garden. even the fleas on my cats are are still hanging on.

Feck off you Aussie. Autumnal? I'm lucky if we reach the mid 70s in high summer. Getting into the 80s is cause for a national holiday. That's what I get for living on a Rock in the middle of the Irish Sea, I suppose. ::)

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Desertguy

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 09:43:23 am »
Shit we have already had a 98 degree day last month!!  Can't wait for the 120 days LOL

But the weather has been nice the last few days @ least never have any snow.  The Desert was beautiful this spring with lots of wild flowers.

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 09:57:16 am »
 :P

We're always bugged and buzzed down here !  8) The jacaranda's are are blooming. I am sure the wasps will be building their nest soon in the fence, so they can sting me everyday !! Little buggers.

Spring is definitly here. Our cars were already turning yellow from the pollen about a month ago. ! it's going to be a long hot summer, but I am ready for it !! Been running the AC, on and off for about a month now. There was a time, when we could go to May before the AC was turned on. It's getting earlier and ealier each year. Sweaty armpits---here I come !!  ::)

Enjoy Spring !!----Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2008, 10:01:16 am »
omg... we're going up to 70°F here and it's completely sunny.  I think I'll go prance about town with my new FZ50 and take pictures.  Then we have four days of rain :(
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 10:05:52 am by philly267 »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 02:56:43 pm »
Screw all you having nice weather.  It's cold here (about 40) and rainy.  Where's spring already!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mjmel

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2008, 03:33:18 pm »
Here in southcentral Ohio it's been gorgeous and warm: 70, sunny, cool nights. Ahhhh, finally!
We will see a two or three day spell of cold--frost--till mid May, but there is no denying Spring has arrived here.
...humming a melody....and ....I have an urge to visit Ottawa, CA, lately.

Mike

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2008, 06:26:13 pm »
Screw all you having nice weather.  It's cold here (about 40) and rainy.  Where's spring already!

Amen!  It'll be nice here for about 10 days in June and then won't they be jealous of us!  Go Indiana!  Or maybe I should just go from Indiana!  :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 12:36:36 am by AndyArrow »

Offline fearless

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2008, 07:37:52 pm »
Feck off you Aussie. Autumnal? I'm lucky if we reach the mid 70s in high summer. Getting into the 80s is cause for a national holiday. That's what I get for living on a Rock in the middle of the Irish Sea, I suppose. ::)

Ann

Sure is. I'm sure you could have chosen the big rock in the Pacific if you had wanted. 'Tis gonna be over 80 on Saturday and the water temp is still over 70 degrees - a perfect day to through myself into the water at Bondi and feign drowning so one of those hunky life savers can rescue me.  :D

And, here I was contemplating visiting you and your rock next summer.  mmmm. may need to rethink that one  :-\
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2008, 08:28:03 am »

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2008, 01:38:56 pm »
now this is buzzed...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gysIuQRK7eA

I have a craving for honey oh, and for that guy with the baseball bat.  :)

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2008, 02:05:12 pm »
My Azalea bush is in full flagrante', and my windows have been flung open for a week now. I shared my shower with a mud dauber last night, and I just came home a little while ago to find one of those huge sewer roaches hanging out near the kitchen ceiling. I have no problems with any bugs that I can think of, but those things positively creep me out. I swatted him with the fly swatter, and he took it away from me and did a lunge and parry.
Thats what I get for living at the apex of two streets with a huge sewer terminal out front.
ICK!!! >:(
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2008, 02:47:15 pm »
I badly need to spend a day cleaning all of my windows.  For a lil' one bedroom penthouse I have a lot of glass -- a total of 7 windows.  What is it that's cheaper than using windex?  Is it lemon juice and white vinegar wiped down with newspapers?  I forget.

And I guess nobody enjoyed my baseball player. :(

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2008, 02:52:43 pm »
I liked him just fine Philly, but one grows weary of window shopping after so many years. :P
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2008, 04:17:11 pm »
I have a craving for honey oh, and for that guy with the baseball bat.  :)

I guess I'm nobody :(

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2008, 06:04:00 pm »
I badly need to spend a day cleaning all of my windows.  For a lil' one bedroom penthouse I have a lot of glass -- a total of 7 windows.  What is it that's cheaper than using windex?  Is it lemon juice and white vinegar wiped down with newspapers?  I forget.

And I guess nobody enjoyed my baseball player. :(

Hey Philatio  ;D

I heard white vinegar and newspaper from an old wife.  I often pour white vinegar into the windex so I can support a limited use of household chemicals and get that shine from yesterdays news  ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(who thought the ball player was cute and is buzzed)

Offline rondrond

• 22 years HIV+ yet a yard could be the death of me
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2008, 10:37:54 am »
Better go buy my Bounce dryer sheets if the wasps and bees are starting to come out. Whenever I work in my flowerbeds or mow the yard I always pin 2 dryer sheets on my shirt. It keeps the bees and wasps away. My family laughs at me when they see me with my bounce on....but i don't care...it really works!

hugs
Teresa

Really? I am plagued with wasps. They are everywhere. I have a covered front porch that runs the length of the house and two groups of wasps that are determined to make their respective nests , one in each corner. I keep hitting them with this 'long shot'  spray and run, and then scraping down the nests. Dang if next day, they are building it again. I have even painted the ceiling of the porch light blue because I heard that they will think that it is the sky and not land..didn't work. Do you think if I pin some bounce sheets up they will stay away?
I've got Irises, Stargazer lilies, blooming and the oak trees and pecan trees are leafing and I have already mowed the yard, twice. Ants are pushing up their dirt mounds all over the driveway, and squirrels are climbing down and eating fallen pecans from the tornado we had last week. Since my dog died last Thanksgiving, all the neighborhood cats use the front porch as a 'catwalk' and a lot of them are pregnant, so they are walking real slow.
And of course the 80foot..since tornado, now 40 foot cottonwood in the back, that I am so allergic to, has leafed and soon it will make snow and my sinuses will turn into a solid rock.
"I'm not done yet"....Glen Campbell

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Aug09 Diagnosed: COPD

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline rondrond

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2008, 10:46:54 am »
My Azalea bush is in full flagrante', and my windows have been flung open for a week now. I shared my shower with a mud dauber last night, and I just came home a little while ago to find one of those huge sewer roaches hanging out near the kitchen ceiling. I have no problems with any bugs that I can think of, but those things positively creep me out. I swatted him with the fly swatter, and he took it away from me and did a lunge and parry.
Thats what I get for living at the apex of two streets with a huge sewer terminal out front.
ICK!!! >:(

My sister Katie, is in a wheelchair, and can spot those water bugs a mile off. We live two blocks form the Trinity River. She is terrified of them and will start yelling for help, sometimes I am afraid that she will push that button hanging on her neck..'help I've fallen and can't get up' only when the intercom comes on..'Katie, are you ok?"..she'll be screaming.."help, there's a BIG big and it's trying to get me"..she swears that all bugs live in her bedroom and once spotted, don't run away, but head right for her..LOL

"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2008, 12:50:42 pm »
BUZZ - kill.    It's only 44 degress today for a high.  Weird cold front coming through.  This is Blackberry Winter, I guess.  But more severe than usual (global warming!).  After this clears, it's hot days and shirts off for all us mountain boys for the next several months.  Hooray.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2008, 01:00:27 pm »
Waterbugs have invaded me in the past 2 days.  I'm over it... same things in this apartment every year this time of the season.  Off to buy some boric acid and liberally sprinkle in the bathroom.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2008, 01:04:45 pm »
BUZZ - kill.    It's only 44 degress today for a high.  Weird cold front coming through.  This is Blackberry Winter, I guess.  But more severe than usual (global warming!).  After this clears, it's hot days and shirts off for all us mountain boys for the next several months.  Hooray.

Wow.  I just checked the Nat'l Weather Service and you have actual freeze warnings where you live.  And you really do live in Hicksville.  Population 619?  *hello*!

Offline rondrond

« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2008, 01:25:03 pm »
I live in Texas and last night it got to 30. Actually had to turn the heater back on... dang it...I went looking for Mother NaAture...knock..knockknock...hey. lady...it's April and it's COLD, turn up the heat...

Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

16oct08/DVT-left leg

05may2015
Un-detectable
Tcells 700
44%

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2008, 01:27:43 pm »
Wow.  I just checked the Nat'l Weather Service and you have actual freeze warnings where you live.  And you really do live in Hicksville.  Population 619?  *hello*!

It's a bit more crowded than that if you count all the livestock.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2008, 01:29:32 pm »
It's a bit more crowded than that if you count all the livestock.

I also see it's 97.58% White.  Where did you hide all of the "other people"?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2008, 01:34:45 pm »
I also see it's 97.58% White.  Where did you hide all of the "other people"?

I have no idea where you're getting all these stats, but they are probably fairly accurate.  There is a remarkable diversity drop off once you get north of the kennesaw area.  And nearly all these neighboring counties were all white within the last 10-20 years.  Many of the counties further north probably still are.

Still, there is more diversity creeping in every day...and even some (gasp!) interracial relationships to be found.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2008, 01:50:27 pm »
But this is what it generally looks like where I am.  This pic could be right out my front door.

[attachment deleted by admin]
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2008, 02:09:16 pm »
I'll only move there if you buy me a horse.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 02:15:36 pm »
I'll only move there if you buy me a horse.

I'm not sure what you might do with it.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 02:54:10 pm »
Actually last time I rode a horse it was extremely painful because of my lipo ass.  I thought I was going to die.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 03:53:43 pm »
They're everywhere.  Bumblebees.  Also flies, ladybugs, some mosquitos already...looks like even a few wasps & hornets.  A look out onto the horizon is straight blue on green.  The sun is warm on my skin, and a gentle breeze is blowing through life.

Spring is here.

Actually Timberly,

They say it doesn't rain on the Russian River until the last convertible top is in the "up" position.  Spring is here  ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(who has already had "wake and bake" today)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.