Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 06:24:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 200
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Possible risky needle risk  (Read 13274 times)

Offline mopier

• Standard
Possible risky needle risk
« on: August 10, 2012, 02:30:09 pm »
Good evening,
I have read the welcome thread.
I have a question. I recently had protected intercourse with a woman (I am a male), so with a condom. I had strokes deep into the vagina, do not remember hitting that thing in front of the the cervix. . After I pulled out I gave her oral while, so to speak, fucking the matras/bed with the  condom still on and intact. After about 15 minutes I noticed the condom was ripped. Is it possible to get infected by vaginal fluid on the ripped condom. I mean if the fluid came in contact with my urethrea (where the pee comes out) thanks for your time! kind regards Mopier

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: Possible risky needle risk
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 03:34:49 pm »
No, that's a non-risk. HIV is a fragile virus and when exposed to the air quickly becomes non-viable. In the setting  you have described it would already have been non-viable so it wouldn't matter if your penis/pee slit were in contact with her vaginal fluids in that manner.

There's no need for further concern or for you to get tested.

Wearing the condom during intercourse is what matters in terms of protection against HIV transmission.
Andy Velez

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 03:52:18 pm »
Ok, thank you for the quick response, have a nice weekend  :)

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:59:32 pm »
Hai, but I did not not notice the condom being ripped after I pulled out, it could be thorn quickly after I pulled out, sorry for throwing in if ' s and when' s nkind regards Mopier

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 04:09:22 pm »
As long as it ripped from friction during sexual play after you pulled out then you were not at risk.
Andy Velez

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 04:26:47 pm »
Ok I rest my case  :P

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2012, 07:42:38 pm »
OK.
Andy Velez

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 09:15:51 am »
Hai even when the condom did have the cervix fluid on it (ok en now I stop) kind regards Mopier

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 09:23:33 am »
Yes, you need to stop. You already really know the answer.
Andy Velez

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 04:54:37 pm »
Hi Andy, yes you are right, i know the answer thank you for time. It is often a mind thing i know, all the best Mopier

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2012, 06:01:36 pm »
OK. Get on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 07:37:49 am »
Hi all, I wonder if withdrawing my penis with cervical fluid on the condom, and maybe therefore present in the opening of the vagina could pose a risk when performing the oral ? Thank for your reply. KInd regards Mopier

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 07:49:17 am »
No, HIV is not transmitted in that manner. Even assuming your penis went as far up as the cervical cavity and was then transmitted to the vaginal lips, your saliva contains over a dozen elements and proteins which very effectively prevent the transmission of viable HIV.

You are worrying needlessly. There is no need for testing.
Andy Velez

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 07:21:47 am »
Goodafternoon,
Yesterday I wok up and noticed a blue eye en a terible headache. I also noted some scratches on my back. It appeared to me I was fallen that night. But I could remember the fall. (before and after)
The knight before I drank a decent amount of alcohol at home but still remember going to bed.
My fear Is that I sufferd from a kind of amnesia or blackout combining the alcohol or and the fall (must be hard the way my eye looked en painful. It may sound irrational but my fear is that I went to bed, woke up took the stairs (2) took my bike en went to our gaypark en performed possibel unprotected sex. My bum was ok the next morning (never had real anal sex before except for dildo en not regular). I never take actions when I have drunk.Thank in advance greetings Mopier

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 07:37:13 am »
Sorry I ment that i could not remember the fall, before and after

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 07:44:17 am »
Excessive drinking and sex don't mix. Had you had anal penetration you would have known without a doubt.

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 03:22:33 pm »
No, right Do you mean during or after intercourse?

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 03:45:14 pm »
I mean you probably could feel it even if you are drunk? greetin Mopier
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:55:48 am by mopier »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2012, 04:32:29 am »
Mopier,

If you had anal intercourse, you'd definitely know about it. You say you've been penetrated by a dildo in the past but if you were doing that to yourself, it is FAR different to someone else inserting their penis. As you've never been penetrated by a penis before, your first time would likely have been painful and you would have noticed the difference the day after, if not at the time even through your drunken haze.

It sounds to me like you got drunk at home, fell at home, and went to bed. If you were in as bad a state as it sounds like you were, I very much doubt you would have been capable of getting on a bike to go to your local cruising spot.

While you do not need to test over this imaginary event, as a sexually active adult you should be testing at least once a year as a matter of routine, like going for routine dental check-ups.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:03:02 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 05:38:36 am »
Hi Ann and Rodney,
Ok clear , I learned from this one, no more excessive drinking
Keep up your good work greetings Mopier
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 06:57:38 am by mopier »

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2012, 07:00:11 am »
Hello , could you remove my name at the top of your message.
I did so because by exident the last post were signed not with mopier
Thanx greetings Mopier
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 07:07:58 am by mopier »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2012, 07:03:57 am »
You might want to edit your last post as well if you're that worried about it... you did it again.

Hello , could you remove my name at the top of your message.
I did so because by exident the last post were signed not with mopier
Thanx greetings XXXXXX
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 07:09:46 am »
Yes I removed it, thank you greetings
Mopier

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2012, 11:44:47 am »
Ok I understand the answer from Andy that although there  are cerfical fluids present
on the outer lips of the vagina  while giving oral there is no risk, what about in that situation giving  oral with cuts is the mouth or infected gums. Thanx for your reply

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 11:45:44 am »
I mean the fluids present at the cervix : )

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 01:32:02 pm »
The cervix is located deep inside the vagina, and you cannot reach it with your tongue. Cunnilingus does not pose a risk for HIV no matter what details you add.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2012, 03:15:29 pm »
Ok I understand but I mean if you fuck deep and your penis touches the cervix, and you withdralaw then fluid of the cervix could spread on the outer lips. When then giving oral with cits in the mouth that coul be a risk?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2012, 03:44:45 pm »
Ok I understand but I mean if you fuck deep and your penis touches the cervix, and you withdralaw then fluid of the cervix could spread on the outer lips. When then giving oral with cits in the mouth that coul be a risk?

Nope, that is not what anyone has ever suggested. If you fuck someone deep, then withdraw, then immediately perform cunnilingus, you will still not be encountering these VERY THICK MUCOUS-TYPE fluids, as they will still be deep inside the cervix.

In the history of the pandemic, there has never been a single verified and documented case of HIV being passed through cunnilingus. YOu will not be the person to make history, no matter what length your penis might be, or it's capacity to suction mucousal fluids from the cervix.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2012, 05:43:14 pm »
Ok thanks for your quick reply I rest my case , glad I 'm not gonna be special in that way : )

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2016, 06:51:55 am »
Hi all,
Last week I had vaginal intercours with a girlfriend.
I had put a condom on. However halfway I noticed the condom slipped of. The condom was about 2 to 1 cm under the glans. Is this risky because the underste of the foreskin is then partially exposed?
Thanks for you reply
Kind regards Mopier

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2016, 07:58:16 am »
Hi, The answer is pretty straight forward, if the end of your penis was exposed there was risk. If you were still protected by the condom you're safe. Keep in mind being the insertive partner and the exposure if any , your risk would be lower.

Best, Wade

To avoid infection,
You need to be using condoms for all anal and vaginal intercourse until you are in a trusting monogamous relationship and both have been tested for all STIs and HIV.
Everyone who is sexually active should have an annual exam and test for all STIs and HIV ,and always after unprotected intercourse. Always using condoms will give you peace of mind your tests will return with a negative result.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2016, 08:23:48 am »
Thank you wade. But if the glans is protected including 2 or 1 cm from the underside of the foreskin you mean it is safe ?Because I have seen on some post that the underside of de foreskin is a risk for exposure. If my penis is erect the inside of my foreskin becomes a larger surface I guess.
Kind regards Marcel

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2016, 08:49:30 am »
Hi Marcel , I'm not going to to quibble over centimeters or what position your foreskin was in during this incident. If the end of your penis was exposed there was risk.

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2016, 09:16:11 am »
Hi Wade
Thank you. But one last question what do you consider the end of penis in this perspective,
Tnsks for your Time

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2016, 09:23:09 am »
Your urethra.

Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2017, 12:20:43 pm »
Hi all,
I had intercourse with a nice woman. Protectef. Briefly after inserted her I felt a warm on the right size of my penis. After a short time I pulled my penis out and
noticed that the condom was missing. It was hanging on to her vagina. Just the tip in her vagina the most part outside her.
Could you give me advise
Thanks Mopier

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2017, 12:49:09 pm »
Sounds to me like you simply slipped out of the condom whilst pulling out. If that was the case its not a risk to you, make sure to hold the end of the condom next time to prevent such issues. The short of it is as long as the end of your penis was not unprotected inside her vagina than you had no risk.

If you are unsure and think you had unprotected intercourse no matter how brief than test in 6 & 13 weeks time and put the concern behind you.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

More information on HIV Basics, PEP, TaSP and Transmission can be found through the links in my signature to our POZ pages, this includes information on HIV Testing

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2017, 01:08:23 pm »
Thank you Jim
My concern really is the short warm sensation I felt on
The right side of my penis. But the condom hanging out
indicates that it happened
 whilst pulling out wat do you think
Kind regards Mopier

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2017, 01:15:40 pm »
I was not in the room, I can only go by what you post.

Here is my answer as long as the head of your penis was covered by the condom during the actual intercourse you have no reason for concern. The fact that you slipped out whilst pulling out is not a concern for you.

Jim
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2017, 01:22:36 pm »
I also read back your thread and you had the same problem before and the same answers from us already.

The answer is not going to change. Please do not ask us the same again!  Also as you keep having condom problems please note the below.

Hold the base of the condom whilst pulling out, this way your partner does not need to go fishing for it after you pull out. Use a correct sized condom !

Remember that Latex or polyurethane condoms are effective barriers against HIV, HIV simply can not transmit through the intact barrier.  Do make sure that whatever the type of condom being used, you only use approved condoms. In other words check for certification mark (FDA, CE, ISO or Kitemark). This means it complies with safety standards.

Check the expiry date and make sure the condom is still in date. Also to note when using condoms use lubricant, condom safe water-based lubricants makes condoms more comfortable and reduces the risk of breakage. – but avoid oil-based lubricants  as they can weaken or break condoms.

As for putting condom on correctly, as incorrectly done it increases the risk of breakage.  Place one on top of the erect penis and pinch the teat at the end of the condom before you start to roll it down the penis. By doing this you’ll squeeze out any air bubbles and ensure there is room for the semen (cum).
Roll the condom down to the base of the penis.

If it's on correctly it will roll downwards easily. If you've started putting it on the wrong way or you’re not sure then take it off and try again. Even if you have not ejaculated (cum) there can still be semen on the condom from (pre-cum), so it’s important to try again with a new condom. (This due to pregnancy and other STI concerns)

Finally if you are changing the sex act, than change the condom.

Jim
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:27:21 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2020, 03:56:50 am »
Hi,
Last night I got an injection in the hospital.
They did not follow correct procedures
The nurse (did not wah or desinfect her hands)  touched my arm with her finger at the spot where the needle was to go in.(no desinfection used)
She then took the syrenge/needle and gave the injection.
What is mij risk if there was virus/blood on her finger that entered my body trough the needle beeing pushed in en was emptied in my body.
Kind regards Mopier

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2020, 04:18:10 am »
None whatsoever

Relax and move on with your life
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2020, 12:41:19 pm »
Ok Thank you.

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2020, 07:00:11 am »
Hi Jim could you please explain why this was no risk a little. Because i read other posts some say needle stick is a risk. Is it maybe no risk because the possible blood on the surface of my arm was not infectious anymore because it was outside
the body before getting in?
Kind regards Mopier

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2020, 07:31:01 am »
You had no needlestick injury ... Why are you even reading that? If you had been drawing blood from a patient and directly without delay pulled it out of their vain and stuck it in yourself then it would be a needlestick injury and a very minute risk.

Indeed, the nurse not washing her hands is not an HIV risk, HIV is too fragile to be transmitted like that in trace fluids.

Jim

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline mopier

• Standard
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2020, 10:39:55 am »
Ok Jim,
Thanks for the clear answer.
Kind regards Mopier

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.