Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:42:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 330
Total: 331

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Got my first official numbers today post treatment!  (Read 2964 times)

Offline Newguy

Got my first official numbers today post treatment!
« on: July 17, 2013, 08:30:49 pm »
Hi everyone!

I hope all is well. Today I went in for my second blood draw but the requisite form was expired so I had to go see my doctor's assistant and she gave me new ones. I do not like seeing the doctor so we agreed it would be best that he gives me a bunch of forms and if there is a problem he would give me a call. Anyhow my last blood draw was Dec 17 2012 about five weeks after I started treatment on Truvada and Isentress. Pre-treatment my numbers were 330 CD4 and 36000 viral copies. After five weeks of treatment which I found out today my numbers went to 480 CD4 and 62 copies viral load. Is this considered good? I just found out these results today because of my situation that I explained above. I got a new blood draw today and I will probably not know the results unless he calls which means not so good news! So I hope he doesn't call!

Best to all

Offline Cojo

Re: Got my first official numbers today post treatment!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 08:56:06 pm »
This is fantastic news and numbers! I am on the same treatment as you and our numbers as you'll see in  my profile are pretty close in pattern. I'd wager that you are already undetectable....bring on the next labs!!Congrats
May 2011 - Tested Positive
June 2011 - CD4 330   16%   VL182,000 no resistance
Oct 6, 2011 - CD4 300  20%  VL 60,000
Oct 7, 2011 - start Truvada / Isentress
Nov 29, 2011 CD4 280 26% VL 54
Feb 7 2012 CD4 260 25% UD!
Mar 20 2012 CD4 400 28%
June 2012 CD4 330 26% UD
Sept 2012 CD4 450 32% UD
Dec 2012 CD4 310 28% UD
May 2013 CD4 500 32% UD
Oct 2013 CD4 460 33% UD
May 2014 CD4 360 33% UD
Aug 2014 swap out Isentress for Tivicay
Oct 2014 CD4 320 33% UD
Feb 2015 CD4 420 30% UD
Jul 2015 CD4 480 32% VL51 !!
Sep 2015 UD
Feb 2016 CD4 460 35% UD
Aug 2016 CD4 378 33% UD

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 09:30:41 pm »
Pre-treatment my numbers were 330 CD4 and 36000 viral copies. After five weeks of treatment which I found out today my numbers went to 480 CD4 and 62 copies viral load. Is this considered good?
that's an awesome improvement in a short amount of time!! ;D WooHoo!
meds (and google LOL) are your friends!!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Newguy

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 10:15:17 pm »
Thanks Cojo and Leatherman for the replies! I was a bit nervous asking for the numbers but admittedly I felt better seeing them. The assistant who is a sweetheart said that in the future she can just email me the requisite copies so I never have to go see the doctor if everything works out fine. I love my doctor but I get anxiety when I go to the clinic. The current method engages me in proper care but with a twist.

Offline socalpoz

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 10:25:52 pm »
Yes, congrats on your blood work! I would celebrate!
Diagnosed Jan. 22, 2011
feb/11 cd4 547, cd4% 37, vl 527
mar/11 cd4 650, cd4% 37, vl 97
may/11 cd4 698, cd4% 37, vl 303
jul/11 cd4 744, cd4% 39, vl 239
aug/12 cd4 675, cd4% 39, Vl 42
Jun/13 cd4 594, cd4% 38, Vl 1860
Jul/3/13 started Stribild
Aug/13 cd4 758 cd4% 43, vl ??

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 10:28:31 pm »
The current method engages me in proper care but with a twist.
staying on meds is the key. No only do they do the job; but as time passes and you continue to have great labs (steady cd4s and UD) you'll find that visits to your doc will be less frequent.

For example after about 5 yrs on my current regime, with good steady lab work, I now get labs done and visit the doc once every 5-6 months. (that's so awesome considering for about 15 yrs, I had labs done every 5-6 WEEKS!!) I just got labs back with a visit to my doc (who is hotter than ever, now working a salt-n-pepper stache and goatee) last week. I won't need to get labs and see the doc until Dec now. WooHoo! (oh yeah, I was still UD with cd4s holding in the low 300s as they have for yrs now, so it was good news for me from the doc too. Nothing better than a good-looking man giving you good news, yessiree! LOL)

so keep on the meds. keep staying under care and in contact with the doc (sometimes), and within a few yrs of successful therapy, you won't have to freak out about seeing the doc / going to the clinic except for a couple times in a year. LOL
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Newguy

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »
Thanks Leatherman

I take my therapy VERY VERY VERY VERY seriously! I have been late a few hours on two doses but that is it. I take them religiously! The thing is that  I see no need to see the doc for him to tell me that things are fine. He is simply relaying the information that the therapy is working. I don't need to hear this every four months, I actually like this system, it is like having the virus but not really? I don't know if it makes sense but it is working well for me! And for the record, I actually don't mind taking the meds, I was petrified before I started and now I think how foolish I was!

Best to you Leahterman

Best to you Leatherman

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.