Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:53:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 327
Total: 327

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: My Boyfriend was approved for ADAP and received his first meds.  (Read 3573 times)

Offline LadyMisty1207

I wrote here the first time back on May 23rd, 2014 that my boyfriend of 3 years tested positive. Since then I have done a lot of reading here, AIDS.gov and many other websites to be better informed. Today my boyfriend received a call from the social worker at the hospital he is going here in NYC and was told that he was accepted for ADAP (which I am so happy about because right now he does not have insurance). He was told that he was approved for any medicine that he would want to take based on his test results so he chose Atripla because he likes that he will take it at night time. I have read all the treads here about the medicine and on the website but I am worried about hearing that many people who have taken it have complained about having sleep problems. The reason why I worry about this is because he is a salesperson and a lack of sleep while trying to make a sale is not a good combo for him at this point in his career. He has done the research on all the medicines that are available but he is still persistent on taking it. I will check up on him in the morning and hopefully he will okay to go to work.

Otherwise I myself will go back to the doctor to have another test done pretty soon since it was recommended by the doctor who did my first rapid and extensive  lab test back in May (I tested negative then).

Offline zach

Re: My Boyfriend was approved for ADAP and received his first meds.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 10:16:41 pm »
hey congrats on your boyfriend, thats a big step for him. best wishes moving forward. not everyone has the cns sideeffects. if you live with him, just observe, its no big deal. you may notice stuff. you think its a problem say something, thats a help. its a great pill for most, give it a chance

and great news on you! safely expect to pick up your negative confirmation and roll on

Offline LadyMisty1207

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 06:38:54 am »
Thanks Zach...

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 07:06:37 am »
I wrote here the first time back on May 23rd, 2014 that my boyfriend of 3 years tested positive. Since then I have done a lot of reading here, AIDS.gov and many other websites to be better informed. Today my boyfriend received a call from the social worker at the hospital he is going here in NYC and was told that he was accepted for ADAP (which I am so happy about because right now he does not have insurance). He was told that he was approved for any medicine that he would want to take based on his test results so he chose Atripla because he likes that he will take it at night time. I have read all the treads here about the medicine and on the website but I am worried about hearing that many people who have taken it have complained about having sleep problems. The reason why I worry about this is because he is a salesperson and a lack of sleep while trying to make a sale is not a good combo for him at this point in his career. He has done the research on all the medicines that are available but he is still persistent on taking it. I will check up on him in the morning and hopefully he will okay to go to work.

Otherwise I myself will go back to the doctor to have another test done pretty soon since it was recommended by the doctor who did my first rapid and extensive  lab test back in May (I tested negative then).

Does he have ONE doctor he will go to about HIV.  He should discuss his lifestyle including sleep, and work, with a doctor to choose the correct combo.  Atripla is fine for many people but its hardly the newest combo out there, and there are also other 1 pill a day combos.

Finally, if he has any history of either depression or anxiety, he should NOT choose Atripla as first choice. 
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline LadyMisty1207

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 08:30:36 pm »
Hi Mecch,

Yes he does have a one doctor he will be seeing and he has never had any depression or anxiety. He had a very vivid dream last night but he was able to fall sleep. I guess he will see how he feels with Atripla and if he is not happy with it he will let the doctor know.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.