Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:16:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 269
Total: 270

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

What is your Favourite Genre of Game

Action
Adventure
First Person
Racing
RPG
Sports
Other: Specify

Author Topic: Gamers Poll!  (Read 5302 times)

Offline Zanarkand

• All Your Base Are Belong To Us
Gamers Poll!
« on: March 07, 2007, 01:49:46 pm »
Any Gamers Here? ;D
All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
Re: Gamers Poll!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 03:28:08 pm »
Strategy, like Civilization.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 03:59:19 pm »
Strategy, like Civilization.

I love Civilization!

Seriously... I have spent hours and hours crafting empires, only to get to the point of discovering ICBMs and then instigate a nuclear holocaust.

Anything where you can play with the destiny of millions... that's what I'm into.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 04:22:28 pm »
I love Civilization!

Seriously... I have spent hours and hours crafting empires, only to get to the point of discovering ICBMs and then instigate a nuclear holocaust.

Anything where you can play with the destiny of millions... that's what I'm into.

I love it when I'm able to get to that point as well.  It requires you to be the most advanced, while having access to aluminium and uranium, which doesn't always happen.  In the newest version of the game, the United Nations can pass stuff which doesn't allow for nukes to be used.  That part sucks.  I had a huge arsenal ready to go and then they pulled that crap on me!  I gave up because there were just too many cities to destroy with tanks and troops. 

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 04:30:35 pm »
Gears of War.
Lego star wars
Rainbow Six
Halo
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 04:33:53 pm »
I love it when I'm able to get to that point as well.  It requires you to be the most advanced, while having access to aluminium and uranium, which doesn't always happen.  In the newest version of the game, the United Nations can pass stuff which doesn't allow for nukes to be used.  That part sucks.  I had a huge arsenal ready to go and then they pulled that crap on me!  I gave up because there were just too many cities to destroy with tanks and troops. 

I haven't played Civ IV yet.

I know... getting access to those damn strategic resources suuuuucks!  But I'm not above sneak attacking the Babylonians to get my filthy hands on some uranium. 

Usually, by the end of the game, nobody will enter into any agreements with me... it's pretty sweet.  I like how they all look mad at me by that point. 

I did engineer a diplomatic victory by playing nice once... that felt good, but not as good as it did to raze Moscow to the ground.

Mwah ha ha ha ha!

Once I discover fascism, that's the way I tend to go... it's a lot more fun that way... and no war-weariness.

Oh yes.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 04:39:46 pm »
The form of government I use depends on the actual Civ.  For example, the Scandinavians (which rock by the way) work best with a Republic, Russians with Communism and the Americans with Democracy of course.  This is assuming you've purchased the expansion kits for v.3 which have Scandinavians. 

OK, I'm done being a computer nerd for the afternoon.   ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 04:56:16 pm »
Matty the Damned, like Eric and Dylan, is an enormous fan of ultra violent first person shooters. Especially the ones produced by id Software. All of the Doom and Quake series of games (both storylined and arena style) reside on his machine. Half-Life and Halo are for losers.

For many years, I was content to play single user mode or just compete against AI bots. But finally (and with the acquisition of broadband access to Teh Intawebs) I decided to step up to online deathmatch, where you play in real-time against other pasty weirdos from all over the world.

I had spent years refining my rocket-jumps, grenade-leaps, strafe-shooting and all the other skills that the serious FPS gamer must have to make it against the dreaded Strogg. Confident in my kick-arse capabilities, I donned my crackwhore skin and connected to a server in Lithuania keen to have a fraggalicious good time.

Oh, the ignominy of it all!

I was totally creamed with 30 seconds of materialising in the game. By some fat 15 year old shut-in from Michigan or South Australia or somewhere ghastly like that to make it worse. I was utterly outclassed. Everytime I'd materialise some sexless freak would exterminate me, like Aunty Doxie obliterates Jakey in debate.

After 5 attempts the humiliation was too much to bear and I fled back into the gloom that is the Net, never to be seen again.

Single player mode is much better for the ego.

MtD
(Who hates kids)

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 05:03:38 pm »
Well mtd I am talking about Xbox 360 games.  I dont do the computer games.  Only retards use keys to move and program Marcro's into their keyboards to speed up their game play!  I am NOT a fan of the computer versions of any of the games. 

Come on over to the darker side Matty....... XBOX is the way to go.

Andrew
(who knows the divide between computer gamers and console gamers is like radical islam vs christian fundamentalism)
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 05:20:18 pm »
Well mtd I am talking about Xbox 360 games.  I dont do the computer games.  Only retards use keys to move and program Marcro's into their keyboards to speed up their game play!  I am NOT a fan of the computer versions of any of the games.

Come on over to the darker side Matty....... XBOX is the way to go.

Andrew
(who knows the divide between computer gamers and console gamers is like radical islam vs christian fundamentalism)

Not a chance, console weenie. Matty the Damned is an uber-geek. Not only is the machine he is using to slap you down powered by Linux (Fedora Core 6, Kernel 2.6.1.18-1.2868) but he built it himself.

That's how nerdy I am.

And the Macintosh types needn't start either, you lot are just as bad as the console-virgins.

:-*

MtD
(Who has an impressive selection of pastel pocket-protectors)

Offline Grinch

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 01:12:59 pm »
Hi....My name is Grinch...   I'm a World of Warcraft Addict.  I have played since closed beta....  I am guild leader of a guild of over 100 discreet accounts and over 300 characters.   I consider Wii sports a form of exercise.  My next computer related goal is to tri-boot a system with Vista, Leopard, and the flavor de Jour of Linux (currently Mepis)

/G (who's pocket protector has been replaced with thumb drives worn around the neck)

Offline Zanarkand

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 03:54:51 am »
Wow! That is quite an accomplishment Grinch!
As for me, I'm a Console Gamer. In Love with FF series.
FFXII was a bit of a downer though anyways.

I Love teh strategy games like Command and Conquer. For the Pc.

Thinking of starting a Ragnarok Online server.... hmmm...
Pity bandwidth here is so !@#$ expensive!
R120 a Gig!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 08:10:46 am »

Socom Navy Seals... I, II, and III.  Nothing but killing..
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 08:13:16 am by skeebo1969 »
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 02:08:29 am »
The Queen is a console diva, believe it! I prefer playing Resident Evil games, which I guess they just gave up making new versions of, so I am collecting all the previous ones. I also am a fan of the Final Fantasy series too but gave up when they made the ones with just the chicks..things just got a bit too complicated. I also have Scarface and the Godfather games to go with my movie collection. I also have my more simpler times when I just play The Sims....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Zanarkand

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 05:48:00 am »
lol, I agrees with teh queen.
Since FFX-2 it's been all downhill. The Dragon Quest series is supposedly really good.
My bf loves horror games, you should try Silent Hill, it's realllllllly good! ^^

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.