Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:43:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772961
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 187
Total: 187

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Why we need a Lance Armstrong  (Read 2967 times)

Offline ChaplinGuy

• Eat my left foot
Why we need a Lance Armstrong
« on: January 10, 2007, 11:22:46 am »

Open letter from Lance Armstrong on Washington's failure to step up the fight against cancer:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/HEALTH/01/10/armstrong.guestcommentary/index.html

My two immediate reactions are: 1) the HIV community needs a voice like this; and 2) he's going to run for office at some point on this platform.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Re: Why we need a Lance Armstrong
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 12:04:35 pm »
Dont  you ever wonder if he was on steroids? Just asking. Testicular cancer is a side effect of steroid use. I also find interesting that loss of hearing is a side effect of the pain killers Rush was addicted to. I am also sick of all the losers with the yellow bands. I would never vote for anyone with one ball.

Offline Basquo

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 12:27:50 pm »
Thanks for being the cloud again, Jack.  Every silver lining has a cloud. Why are you so negative? Maybe life isn't pansies and puppydogs for you, but how about posting something when you're happy once in a while?

Shouldn't you be saying "Testicular cancer can be a side effect of steriod use"? Using steroids doesn't guarantee testicular cancer.  Ask a woman who dopes. I'm pretty sure Lance didn't; but that's just my opinion.

Your vote wouldn't count in that election, because he's got a huge following both fan- and survivor-based. He'd win.  And how do you know you haven't already voted for someone with one ball?

You even dog the folks who wear the yellow wristbands, calling them losers. Losers how?  As in they lost someone to cancer?  You're just being mean.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 01:13:54 pm »
I am not so sure I would want someone like Lance Armstrong. I have no doubt he wants more research done on cancer and a "cure".  However he must be fairly patient for he supports a President and political party that is not the most supportive of stem cell research that could possibly lead to quicker cures for many diseases.  And yes, no doubt he will be seeking office soon.

Now I can't believe I am about to do this, but I think for the first time I kinda agree with the content of Jack's post, wording not withstanding. I wonder how many people with the yellow bands know what they actually stand for, how many people have you seen wearing them and smoking.  I use to wear red ribbons and the one bracelet knowing what they stood for and look where I am.

I would never vote for anyone with one ball.

I thought this was funny.  BTW Jack what are you going to do if Condi and Hillary run in 2008?

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline josenav

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 04:27:59 pm »
I wonder how many people with the yellow bands know what they actually stand for, how many people have you seen wearing them and smoking.

Those yellow bands, Ive seen people wanting them just because it is (or was) a trend(like a fashion trend),  and then just put the Nike logo on the package, some people buyed the brand not the purpose.

I do have one yellow band(was given to me by my uncle), I bought one for myself (red band) for support the Mexican Red Cross.

Jose.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 04:40:21 pm »

No fear we have Magic Johnson ;D
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 08:20:13 am »
Hillary might have two balls. I would love to see Condi run just to see Dems shit, but I have no idea what her politics are. I don't know whether she is conservative or a lib, not that it should matter anymore,cause it seems both parties are in a race to see who can spend more to buy votes.
Sorry about the Lance bit, but I live in Texas and am just tired of hearing how great he is and the yellow bands,same way I was tired of the rolex fad back in the 80s. If he wasnt on roids he may be the only clean US biker there. I guess I am also pissed at him for getting to sleep with Sheryl Crow.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.