Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 03:40:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 269
Total: 269

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Lots going on  (Read 6038 times)

Offline wolfter

Lots going on
« on: November 06, 2013, 12:39:56 pm »
Been so busy lately that I hadn't realized how little I was participating. 

The most exciting thing is that I've been dating again.  I met him at the American Legion and I was almost a little shameful in my approach.  ;)  My gaydar kicked in and I spotted him across the room.  I gave my number on the pretense of him joining our club.  He called and arranged to tour our facility.  I haven't disclosed yet so we'll see how that goes. 

I really like him and we have a great time when together.  He's so atypical of what I usually go for, so maybe that's progress?  He's average height and weight and I usually seek tall slender men.

I'll probably end up at the doctor's again, as you can imagine.  I had an incident yesterday when a car forced me off the road and I flipped my bike into a ditch.  If my collar bone isn't broken, then I'll be surprised.  It's freaking hurting so bad that even breathing hurts.  My entire shoulder looks all droopy and I can't lift my arm.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline tednlou2

Re: Lots going on
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2013, 02:03:00 pm »
All the best with this new guy. 

About the injury-- Ok, what did you do to upset the gods?  ;)  hopefully it isn't broken and won't have any lingering issues.  Seriously, I know you couldn't help being forced off the road.  I've ridden my bike and cars had plenty of room to move over (no cars coming), but they still want to get as close as they can to you.

Offline bocker3

• You gotta enjoy life......
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2013, 06:04:18 pm »
I was almost a little shameful in my approach.  ;) 

So -- standard Operating Procedure then??!!   ;D

GET THAT SHOULDER LOOKED AT MISSY!!!

Hugs,
M

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2013, 07:12:45 pm »
If my collar bone isn't broken, then I'll be surprised.  It's freaking hurting so bad that even breathing hurts.  My entire shoulder looks all droopy and I can't lift my arm.
hopefully, you're texting us from the ER waiting room.  ;)
if not, off you go!!
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:21:02 pm »
I decided to hold off going to the doctor since I'd need to go to urgent care instead.  My truck is a standard so I can't drive it. 

I'm thinking I simply got banged around instead of breaking anything.  The pain has lessened and I now notice that the majority of the pain is in the upper rib area instead of the collar bone.

Luckily, I'm always cautious when riding so I expect the unexpected.  But there was nothing I could have done differently.  An idiot passed me and immediately made a right turn.  It was either hit him or the ditch.  He didn't stop but a lady did. 

Offline Jody

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2013, 12:58:30 pm »
Wolfie, so sorry about your injury.  Get it checked out anyway just to be certain.  I am fearful of bike riding now even though I always enjoyed it.  Best of luck with your new acquaintance.  Hugs.

Jody :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline mitch777

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2013, 02:24:26 pm »
Wolfie,

Hope you are right about your injury not being serious but I would have a doc at least make that call after an examination.

Happy dating! :)

m.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2013, 04:53:38 pm »
Really enjoyed chatting with you today buddy!  Please know that my best energy is being channeled your way. 

OUCH!!!  I cant imagine how it must feel to have that type of injury to the collar and ribs.  Each breath is a reminder.  Treat yourself well over the next few weeks as best you can.  Stay away from that snow shovel next week too!!!

Keep us posted!

J

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2013, 04:45:47 am »
I cycled for 20 years in London and the only hurtful accident I had was deep in the New Forest.

I reckon that having restrictions on who you you date is er restrictive so fancying outside you usual box can be nothing but good.

Are you living in your house yet?

Sounds like live is good  W
best wishes
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2013, 11:45:29 am »
Greg   no  more  excuses.   go to the  DR  get that  checked out... ribs, collar  bone  or  anything else  needs to be  properly examined.....   as you know  DRs,  (former)nurses  etc  are  lousy  patients  but you need to get profesional  info

Nick
remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline wolfter

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2013, 04:01:16 pm »
Thanks all.  I'm convinced I'm just bumped up with nothing broken.  Each day the pain is lessening and is getting better.  I have to see my doctor next week anyways.  Flu shot, med change etc...  I guess my bone medication is making me strong again.   ;D  I've always been accident prone and rarely broke anything in the distant past.  Perhaps I'm there again.

I think I have another bone density test @ 6 months but am not sure.  That'll be another question to ask.  Hopefully, I won't need to take Boniva for the rest of my life?  Not sarcasm, but rather that this med messes with me each time I take it.  I have to plan on not doing anything for a couple of days during the monthly scheduled dose. 

And yeah, middle aged dating while HIV positive in a Midwestern rural area is certainly challenging.  I'm kinda suspecting he might be poz also as we have discussed the friends we've lost to this virus early on.  Plus, he hasn't pressured me for intimacy other than non risk things.  Perhaps he's also worried about disclosing?  Either way, I'm hoping for the best but prepared for the best.  I've been rejected once after disclosing, and it devastated me.  But it also taught me to be ok with rejection.

Wolfie

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2013, 08:27:27 pm »
I hope the new guy works out.  :)

Offline wolfter

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2013, 04:28:52 pm »
OK, I need some honest opinions to see if I'm shallow and judgmental.  Wil invited me to attend a show this weekend.  He then indicated he was performing in a drag show.  I'm glad this was over the phone as my reaction would have been a definite tell.

I'm not cutting on anyone who prefers doing this, but I just am not "into" it nor sure if I could see myself in a relationship with someone who does.  I would almost consider it a deal breaker.

Since he and I have recently started dating, would it wrong to tell him how I feel or perhaps just break off any continued hope of a relationship? 

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »
Now this is a real DRAG man!  I had a similar situation years ago and basically just expressed how it was not my thing.  The person I was interested in was not offended in any way but honestly, I know exactly what you are saying.  For me, I am into masculinity and that entire scene puts a damper on what I consider to be the 'real man' image. 

This friendship may not develop into a romantic relationship but never shut the door on a developing platonic friendship.  There may be a better chance for that based on my read here.  Good luck!

J

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:45 pm »
Just be honest and don't skirt the issue .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 09:24:59 pm »
Just be honest and don't skirt the issue .

L.M.A.O

Wolfter, We are gonna need her stage name please.

Also, let me beat Hellraiser to the punch on this (because he loves to tell this story repeatedly), but I unknowingly picked up by a drag queen once, went to her house and did the badda badda bing then on the way out she showed me her "wig room". It was shocking to know that the guy who just tied me up and whipped the hell out of me was a drag queen. Never judge a book by its cover I guess..
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2013, 09:31:03 pm »
L.M.A.O

Wolfter, We are gonna need her stage name please.

Also, let me beat Hellraiser to the punch on this (because he loves to tell this story repeatedly), but I unknowingly picked up by a drag queen once, went to her house and did the badda badda bing then on the way out she showed me her "wig room". It was shocking to know that the guy who just tied me up and whipped the hell out of me was a drag queen. Never judge a book by its cover I guess..

LOL . I once had a omg you have red toenails and that's you in drag in that picture on the dresser while I was doing the deed experience . I'm no quitter though .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2013, 09:36:23 pm »
I'm no quitter though .

Yes, quitting is for wimps
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline wolfter

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2013, 09:41:42 pm »
You guys are too funny.  I'd have no problem banging a drag queen, just not sure about dating.

I guess I'm not shallow for my views about this.  Watching my man bent over a car, mowing the grass or building something is a turn on for me.  Not watching him apply lipstick.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.