Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 12:32:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 342
Total: 344

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Hugged and touched her pussy  (Read 11840 times)

Offline geicolizard

Hugged and touched her pussy
« on: January 28, 2007, 02:43:04 pm »
Hi.

A few weeks ago, I had an encounter with a sex worker. We did not have oral, vagina, or anal sex. I specifically told her I was interested in only hugging her.

While undressing and taking a shower together, I briefly touched her pussy lips (gentle up down motion). Later on, while lying in bed, she tried to masturbate me and applied some baby oil on my penis. Since I was only interested in lying in bed and hugging her, I quickly asked her not to and she used a tissue to wipe off the baby oil. We then lied in bed and hugged each other for the rest of the session. During the next 20 minutes or so, I briefly sucked on her nipple and again used my left hand to massage her pussy area. My fingers did not enter her vagina, though I think I did touch her pussy lips a few times. At the end of the session, when we were putting on our clothes, I again touched her pussy lips (gentle up down motion). I left the premises after that.

Now, I did not wash my hands after leaving and may have touched my eyes, nose, penis, and mouth after the episode. I was wondering if the above described scenario is possible for HIV or any STD transmission to occur?

I look forward to your reply. Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:48:36 pm by geicolizard »

Offline RapidRod

Re: Hugged and touched her pussy
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:57:32 pm »
I don't see a risk anywhere in the situation you described. You should read the lessons on transmission found in the "Welcome" thread.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 03:14:52 pm »
Even if your fingers had penetrated her it wouldn't have been a risk.

Please read the lessons on transmission and testing on this site. You will find a link to them in the Welcome thread which opens this section. This epidemic is going to be around for a long time to come. It's important for your health and your peace of mind that you know the real deal about risks.  That way you can explore and enjoy your sexuality the safer way.

This time out you have no cause for concern. Neither hugging, kissing or fingering are risks for HIV transmission. And as long as you consistently follow safer sex guidelines, most specifically using condoms everytime for intercourse, then it doesn't matter if you are with a sex worker or a civilian.

Cheers, 
Andy Velez

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 09:28:53 pm »
Hi.

Thank you for your prompt replies.

Specifically, I was wondering if it was possible for HIV to get into my body if I touched my eyes, nose, mouth, or penis after having touched her pussy lips.

Also, now that I think about it. Though my penis did not enter her, but there may be a chance that my penis came into contact with her pussy lips during hugging... Is this called frottage?

I apologize for being pedantic. But are the above two scenarios possible for HIV transmission?

Thanks again.

« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 10:34:52 pm by geicolizard »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 09:40:47 am »
None of the activities you have described including touching, rubbing, etc. are in any way risks for HIV transmission. Peroid.

You weren't at risk and there's no need for testing. Just make sure to keep latex condoms handy in case matters proceed to intercourse. And use them every time. No exceptions.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 10:44:32 am »
Hi.

Ok. Just to be sure. I apologize, but please bear with me...

Am I right to say that, with regards to sexual activities, as long as there is no vagina, anal, or oral intercourse, there is no risk for HIV transmission?

That is, the following activities are at no risk for HIV transmission?
 a) fingering (outside her pussy and subsequently fingers coming into contact with mucosal
     membranes such as eyes, mouth, nose, penis, etc),
 b) naked frottage where penis, i.e. mucosal membranes in the penis area, e.g. penis head, urethea,
     foreskin, coming into contact with her pussy lips, and
 c) sucking on her nipples

Also, please take into account that in the above scenarios, I am unsure if the lady is HIV positive and that her pussy lips were wet, i.e. discharging vagina fluids. Assuming she is HIV positive, will I be considered at risk for HIV transmission?

Thanks again. I appreciate the replies.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 10:48:44 am by geicolizard »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 10:47:56 am »
You didn't have a risk and you could have been given head without a risk.

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2007, 11:02:25 am »
Hi.

I apologize again.

But the reply RapidRod gave was when I was making a few modifications to the text.
I will appreciate if someone can read the modified version and reply to it again. I quote the modified version below.

Thanks again.

Hi.

Ok. Just to be sure. I apologize, but please bear with me...

Am I right to say that, with regards to sexual activities, as long as there is no vagina, anal, or oral intercourse, there is no risk for HIV transmission?

That is, the following activities are at no risk for HIV transmission?
 a) fingering (outside her pussy and subsequently fingers coming into contact with mucosal
     membranes such as eyes, mouth, nose, penis, etc),
 b) naked frottage where penis, i.e. mucosal membranes in the penis area, e.g. penis head, urethea,
     foreskin, coming into contact with her pussy lips, and
 c) sucking on her nipples

Also, please take into account that in the above scenarios, I am unsure if the lady is HIV positive and that her pussy lips were wet, i.e. discharging vagina fluids. Assuming she is HIV positive, will I be considered at risk for HIV transmission?

Thanks again. I appreciate the replies.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2007, 11:07:27 am »
Still no risk

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2007, 02:12:03 pm »
Hi.

Can anyone else besides RapidRod chime in regarding the three scenarios listed in my last posting? I will appreciate second or third opinions.

Also, can someone tell me why is it that touching vagina fluids at the pussy lips by hand, and then subsequently touching mucosal membranes such as the eyes, nose, mouth, and penis(e.g. urethra, penis head, foreskin, etc) do not constitute a risk? Also, why is it that mucosal membranes at the penis (e.g. urethra, penis head, foreskin, etc) touching vaginal fluids at the pussy lips do not constitute a risk?

Again, the context for the above is assuming the vagina fluids are from a HIV positive lady.

Lastly, is it actually low risk or no risk at all?

From a very concerned person. Thanks again.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2007, 02:43:13 pm »
IF the woman you were with is HIV+, the body fluids which would be carrying HIV are in the cervical area. That's far inside and away from the vaginal lips.

Of course, 25 years of epidemic science have taught us that none of the activities you participated in were risky for transmission. That doesn't seem to impress or interest you.
Andy Velez

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2007, 02:51:37 pm »
Hi.

Thanks. I am much more relieved now.

I am grateful and happy to hear that 25 years of epidemic science have shown that my described activities are not risky for transmission.

I think I am starting to sound annoying... But is "not risky" actually low risk, extremely low risk, or no risk at all.

More specifically, am I right to say that 25 years of epidemic science research have shown that all my described activities, e.g. touching vagina fluids and then touching my mucosal membranes such as eyes, nose, mouth, and penis, etc, are not possible for HIV transmission?

Thanks.

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 06:48:23 am »
You can keep repeating yourself, but it will always be that you didn't have a risk.  You truely can trust the other replies.  This probably will make no difference to you, since the others didn't, but I did try.  You have nothing to worry about whether she was HIV positive or not!
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 09:21:57 am »
Hi.

I like to thank everyone for their replies.

Last evening, I spoke to a STD clinic counselor who helped me with my last STD/HIV test in Jan/2005. After describing the situation, he also said that it was not a risk.

I am still a little paranoid and will be seeing the counselor sometime tomorrow for a test at the 30 day mark. Having said that, I am feeling a lot more relieved.

Thank you and god bless you all.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 09:57:26 am by geicolizard »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 01:29:30 pm »
You're welcome.

Celebrate by getting on with your life.
Andy Velez

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 12:40:04 am »
Hi.

I saw the STD counselor. He doesn't see any transmission risk as well. I was nervous so we went ahead and did an Oraquick test (via blood). It was negative. :) The test was at the 30 day mark.

I was wondering how reliable is the Oraquick blood test at the 30 day mark? Also, does it test for HIV-2 (this encounter was in Asia)?  Do you think I should test again at 6 weeks or 12 weeks?

I also started to have a very mild sore throat yesterday. Today, I was sneezing and my nose was runny and stuffed throughout the day. I checked my temperature several times this evening and it is around 96.2 to 98 fahrenheit (no fever). Are these ARS syndromes and is it possible or typical for ARS syndromes to occur at the 32 day mark?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 01:01:41 am by geicolizard »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2007, 04:58:21 am »
You didn't have a risk and testing was a waste of time. At 30 day testing would have been inaccurate to begin with. Oraquick Advance is the test that also covers HIV 2 and that test would have been to early. YOU DIDN'T HAVE A RISK AND DIDN'T NEED TO TEST.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2007, 05:04:25 am by RapidRod »

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2007, 11:36:13 am »
Hi.

Can I count on the 30 day negative Oraquick test as some encouraging indicator? I read somewhere that the 30 day mark is 80% to 90% accurate and the 6week mark is considered reliable. Is that only for traditional EIA or Western Blot tests? So, is the Oraquick less sensitive than traditional EIA tests at the 30 day or 6 week mark?

The test was labeled as Oraquick. It did not mention Oraquick Advance. Do you think it is the advance test?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2007, 12:01:27 pm »
gei,

You can count your 30 day negative to mean that you ARE hiv NEGATIVE. You did not have a risk in any way, shape or form in what you bring to this forum. You are not in a window period. You do not need further testing.

You are hiv negative. Protect that negative status by using condoms. You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2007, 02:51:11 pm »
Hi.

Thanks for the reply.

Quick question. Is the Oraquick blood test as sensitive as traditional ELISA tests at the 30 day mark?

Thanks.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2007, 04:24:05 pm »
gei,

When there has actually been a risk, a thirty day hiv test is all but useless, no matter what type it is.

The point in your case is that you did NOT have a risk and you do NOT need to test. You are not in a window period.

You are hiv NEGATIVE, period, end of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2007, 05:21:01 pm »
Hi.

Thank you for all your replies.

I think I may need to see a mental counselor. My mind is playing all sorts of games. Though I had a few drinks earlier in the evening(4 beers), and I am pretty sure I wasn't drunk or high, but I cannot help thinking of all the what-ifs. Several days after the episode, I was worried that my unwashed fingers could have come into contact with my eyes. Later on, I was worried that my penis could have brushed against her vagina while hugging. Now I am worried if my half-erect penis could have actually penetrated her vagina... :-( Frankly, I am unsure if that's possible if she's lying to my left with her head on my shoulders. Can a half-erect penis enter a vagina? Also, I think I would have be able to feel it too isn't it?

These are probably stupid questions. But it stems from my very lack of sexual experience. If anyone can give some insight, that will be good... I apologize for the stupid question and for annoying people.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2007, 05:33:10 pm »
Can a half-erect penis enter a vagina?

gei,

No. Take my word for it. I had a bf years ago who... well, never mind. It doesn't work.

You did NOT have a risk for hiv infection in anything you bring to us. Please read the Welcome Thread and take heed of our posting guidelines - specifically what it says about repeatedly posting over a no-risk situation. Please consider yourself warned.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline geicolizard

« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2007, 05:36:12 pm »
Hi.

Thank you for the replies.

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2007, 09:20:30 am »

gei,

No. Take my word for it. I had a bf years ago who... well, never mind. It doesn't work.

Ann

Not to hijack... but please continue!  GRAWR!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2007, 09:36:23 am »
AC,

The boyfriend in question had a drink related erection problem - couldn't keep it up because of all the alcohol in his system. Very frustrating. ::) No "GRAWR!" about it!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.