Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 02:15:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37634
  • Latest: Hope007
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66329
  • Online Today: 226
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 196
Total: 196

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just got harassed big time on an HIV dating site:  (Read 19667 times)

Offline wolfter

Re: Just got harassed big time on an HIV dating site:
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2012, 05:51:59 pm »
My entire family uses that word and I cringe every time.  I have explained it over and over to them and my mother just tells me pack away my high priced education as the rest of them knew what was meant.

I'm just surprised you used it, that's all.  But I reckon that's O.K.   :o 

Kinda reminds me of our yearly reunion down home when my cousin who graduated from Purdue University used the word "antithesis" while everyone was smoking some good Meigs county bud (in the family graveyard no less) and everyones's jaws just dropped open in complete misunderstanding.

I whispered to my favorite hillbilly cousin that the word simply means the opposite to which he replied, "then why didn't he just say that".
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2012, 06:51:39 pm »
From what I can ascertain, LiveWithIt has been living with "it" for at least 15 years, so unless he was infected when he was 10 years old he can't be a spring chicken himself.

No, I was 11.  sad story really.   :-X

No I'm more of a cock in my 40s and sometimes I am the baby in the room so it feels kind of nice.
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2012, 08:08:04 pm »
I belong to a support group and it's gross how all the older guys flock over to the new young guys that come and scare them away into never coming back.  That's why the average age is around 60 there.  People want younger and better looking than themselves.  That's why if a guy in his 20's shows up he won't ever be seen again.  There is one good looking guy in his 30's there, but maybe he is just happy with the attention, otherwise it's hard for someone under 50 to come back more than once.

Here's a story of two guys who are older and not attractive, not even their personalities.  One guy in his late 60s or 70s illegally went to Cuba through Mexico and talked about how nice the guys were.  Of course they were nice, they were hookers.  Another guy about the same age was talking about a married 23 year old guy coming over on his birthday and him trying to talk him into F'ing him bareback.  Maybe he paid more for that. 

One guy in his late 40's came in one time, he seemed like he was hyped up on something and the only thing he wanted to know was where to find guys in their 20's.   It just seems to me that a lot of older gay guys in their mid 60's and up are mostly a-holes. 

People think they are better than they are and want to date younger and hotter than themselves.  I just want a nice guy who is around my age. 

This week a thing that looks like the fat monster from the first Hellraiser movie got mad at me when I made a silly joke.

Jesus why do you go to that group if they are all so awful as described.

You got a point about men being dogs wanting younger "bitches" as it were. But this applies to HIV+ and HIV-, straight and gay.   

This sort of delusion is depressing, boring and sometimes disgusting, and I don't waste time with such people.  Why do you?  Even laughing at them or judging them doesn't return good energy.  Just stay away from them why don't you.

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2012, 08:25:36 pm »
To the OP.......Maybe you need to find another support group, that one you describe sure sounds like something I wouldn't want to go to, does any actual support even happen there, sure sounds like it doesn't to me......just sayin  :-[

Hugs

DEN
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2012, 11:50:32 pm »
Jesus why do you go to that group if they are all so awful as described.

You got a point about men being dogs wanting younger "bitches" as it were. But this applies to HIV+ and HIV-, straight and gay.   

This sort of delusion is depressing, boring and sometimes disgusting, and I don't waste time with such people.  Why do you?  Even laughing at them or judging them doesn't return good energy.  Just stay away from them why don't you.

It's not all bad, most of the worst show up one time (it's once a week) and never come back.  The guy who leads it is a nice guy, and so are most of the other guys, including some of the older guys.
Pray God you can cope

Offline onemoretime

« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2012, 06:16:55 pm »
I actually sometimes have trouble remembering if i was diagnosed in 03 or 04,  as I get older.  i sometimes have to refer to my data on this site to be sure.  i also purchased my apartment the same time, so that confuses me too.  because i signed the contract dec 03 and closed July 04, so that trips me up.  I do however remember the exact moment, the feeling of terror and paralyzing shock. even though i was 95% sure this time the result was going to be poz.  had some strange post infection issues. numbness in arms, soar wrists, infections on face and chest.  I just new my "luck" had run out.  had had those thoughts other times and still tested neg so I had hope.  but i do remember that day, but not allays the year strangely.
08/04 diag 490 cd4 vl 50,000
10/25/05 436 50,513 hvb 1.1 billion
12/13/05 truvada sustiva
02/16/06 742 und, hpb 63,000
04/27/06 740 und hpb 60,000
01/05/07 458 und hvb und
03/08   470 undetectable still on atripla. Non smoking (chantex)
08/08 cd4 550 undetectable hiv, Hep B UND. Atripla
06/09  cd4 444, vl undetectable testo 130
09/09/09 CD4 687 46% UND  Testo 213 started androgel
10/12/09 cd4 682 46% und testo 597
01/12/10 cd4 842 48% und testo 434
041010 cd4 693  53% testo 492
100410 cd4 568 48% testo 523
012711 cd4 523 hcv 56 testo 596
083011 cd4 280 Hcv/HIV und
042912 cd4 158 hcv /hiv und, was on hep c for 11 months. do have ssdi filed and getting LTD
061912 cd4 151, bactrum, hep c and hiv und
071712 cd4 287 52% HIV HCV und
112012 cd4 520

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2012, 06:35:23 pm »
Well as long as most realize that it's a support group and NOT a  dating service,  only then can any real support actually take place, that's why most of those types don't come back , if you were wondering why  ;)

hugs

Den
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2012, 07:25:46 pm »
Well as long as most realize that it's a support group and NOT a  dating service,  only then can any real support actually take place, that's why most of those types don't come back , if you were wondering why  ;)

hugs

Den

Ahem!  Stop cruising the boys in speedos on TV and pay attention...

But irregardless, an HIV support group IMO shouldn't be used as a dating service. If you're sitting there sizing up every member's appearance, age, and dating potential there's something wrong with you.
don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2012, 12:56:44 pm »
I actually sometimes have trouble remembering if i was diagnosed in 03 or 04,
I'm not sure when I was diagnosed either.  I think it was 97 but it may have been a year or two difference.  I try to remember via where I lived at the time and how old I was around then and where I was working, etc, but I'm not sure.  It may have been a year or two earlier.  One day I might have to dig up a copy of my old medical records to find out.  I got a copy when I moved to Florida from my old doctor, it was as thick as a book.   I don't know if my records from before I stared seeing him are in there because I went to a clinic before then,
Pray God you can cope

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.