Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:49:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 325
Total: 325

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: To Blessed To Be Stressed  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Afraid

To Blessed To Be Stressed
« on: September 20, 2007, 02:29:07 pm »

I just needed to come online and vent, and share with you all the things that I have been going through the last couple of weeks.

OK I had shared with you all that I was going through problems with my job, you know being able to get time off etc, for my appointments. I haven't been there a year so I don't qualify for EML, so I am just assed out when it comes to job protection, I wasn't feeling the best for a couple of days and I decided to say F*ck it, and call off from work to go see my PCP, I am not sure what happend but the next thing I know I was having a seizure, which never happend before, I can't even tell you how I made it to the hospital because I don't remember. So comes to find out I have epilepsy, they took me out of work for a month. I went on STD, and when I returned back to work it happend there. so I am now back out again. I am really stressed out concerned about if I'm going to loose my Job or what have you. I don't know what to do at this point. I am just praying that my job understands. I had to disclose my status to the person that was handling my STD case, which made me cry. It just made me realize that I am going to be going through this for the rest of my life. as I was crying my phone beeped and I looked and it was my best friend in the whole entire world.

I answered and she was hysterical she told me that her brother was killed and that she has witnessed the murder. I didn't know what to say. I just talked to her made her laugh about certain things her brother did or said. I told her to call me whenever she needed to vent about her loss.

She called ad told me that his service was being help that Friday, and I was like well I would be there.
I got to the service and the most weirdest feeling entered my body. It was so packed with people I haven't seen in years.  I walked into the room where the remains was being held, and I seen my Girlfriend she embraced me and I held on to her we just hugged and talk to one another for like 15 minutes. I haven't seen her in almost a year and it was said that it had to be under the circumstances.

The preacher began to speak, and he had my attention as he spoke I just began to reflect on my life, and all the things that I have to be grateful about. here it is this 22yr old man was laying in a casket life stolen from him, he doesn't have a chance in the world to fight for his life like I do. I t just made me appreciate so many things that I was taking for granted like that fact that my life isn't over. Even though I have to make adjustments. I still have a life.

I can fight for my life. I have the opportunity to to whatever it is that I want to do.
On that day I decided to no longer feel sorry for myself, but be happy that I am still alive and healthy and happy. My life isn't the fairy tale that I always dreamed about, but I will try my best to get it as close as possible to it, as I can.

It's just sad that it took my best friend to loose her brother for me to realize that I am to blessed to be stressed.

Camry

Offline ubotts

Re: To Blessed To Be Stressed
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 03:36:10 pm »
Life is strange at times..
One never knows and walks around in a daze, consumed by there own grief, until
they hear about someone Else's troubles..

In this matter death..

Its a bitch being Ill and having to hide it from some people, but Life goes on for you and myself as well..

Just take it a day at a time.....Shit happens and we have no choice but to deal with it.
Its good to vent.. and iam glad you posted.

We are all here for each other..Some of us have good days and some days we would like to stay under the covers........

Things pass, and you move on...You get blocked now and then with too much on your plate, but ya keep on going.....

We are amongst the living..So live life the best you can...

I try to do that every day, because everyday is a gift from god ;)
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: To Blessed To Be Stressed
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 07:26:55 am »
Wow Cam-
  You just made me realize that my problems I'm having right now aren't quite the mountains I make them out to be.  It was really inspiring to read you thread.  I'm so sorry about you having epilepsy.  That's got to suck.  Are you on medication for that now?  Also sorry to hear about your friend's brother.  I don't know what I would be like if I saw a murder of anyone, let alone my own brother. 

Thanks for that.  I needed to read it.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.