Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:23:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 592
Total: 594

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: San Fracisco AIDS WALK was a success  (Read 4768 times)

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
San Fracisco AIDS WALK was a success
« on: July 16, 2007, 12:13:16 pm »
The walk was a success  :D

AIDS Walk San Francisco was founded in 1987 in response to the growing epidemic. The first walk was attended by 6,000 people and raised $667,000.   Now attendance has grown to more than 25,000 people who set a record this year by raising $4.5 million—$300,000 more than last year.
San Francisco's typical summer fog, drizzle and chill didn't seem to dampen the spirits of the people who took part in the event.
It was really amazing to see so many people, young, old, gay, straight, poz and neg, wheel chairs, dogs, marching bands, belly dancers, drag queens, the cast for the "Jersey  Boys".  Wel you get the picture, it was really an awsome event.
I do have to say I encountered a very disturbing individual.  Right at the start of the walk we had a christian IDIOT yelling "AIDS CURES FAGS, YOU ASK FOR THIS, FEEL GODS WRATH".....It really got to me.  So I approached the IDIOT and asked him "Why are you here?"....of course, in usual christian hatred he starts again...GOD HATES FAGS, AIDS is the CURE......  so I asked him again...Why are you here?  Don't you know that there are thousands of people here doing something positive to help and love each other just as YOUR god supposedly taught you, so why are you here spewing poison and hate out of your mouth?  There are too many people in here that suffered and still suffer a great deal because of this decease and we don't appreciate you here spreading your message of hate.
again he replies with GOD HATES FAGS....
I lost it....I went off and had to be pulled back because I was about to shove his fucking face on the dirt.
I don't understand why these christians have so much hate, why they are so EVIL.

Anyway, after this little incident, the walk was FABULOUS.  The quilt was there, and they had a wall so people could write messages for their loved ones.
It is funny, even after 20 + years of this epidemic, and loosing friends, I still had a moment of my own when I saw the names of people I lost.  No matter how long ago, and how used to  HIV/AIDS I may be, I cried like it was 1987 all over again, it was so powerful.

ACT UP/SILENCE=DEATH forever

Rich
(who didn't think he could cry again)

ps.  I will post some pics later and please...anyone who is going to walk for HIV/AIDS, anywhere in the world...let me know...I will help you anyway I can.
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline JohnOso

Re: San Fracisco AIDS WALK was a success
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2007, 05:04:22 pm »
Rich,

I was there yesterday.   I"m sorry I didn't see your thread earlier, otherwise I would have hooked up with you at the event.

I saw those religous fucks at the beginning of the walk also (I don't know if they meant to be across from the Sisters or it was just coincidence).  I would have loved to have seen the crowd bum rush all of them and put them out of their misery.

Oh and in the midst of all that fog -- I still got sunburnt!

John

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
Re: San Fracisco AIDS WALK was a success
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 05:11:59 pm »
Rich,

Oh and in the midst of all that fog -- I still got sunburnt!

John

No kidding....my face and arms are so red and it hurts....plus I have the dumbest tan line on my face...I had one of those crowns,  so I have a tan line on my forehead....do I look stupid...LOL
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.