Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:33:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773201
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 563
Total: 565

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: yet another broken condom  (Read 3221 times)

Offline stupidmove22

• Standard
yet another broken condom
« on: July 24, 2013, 10:55:39 pm »
hey. i am a bisexual guy who had sex with a guy 2 1/2 months ago. at the time of the broken condom he stated he was hiv neg and std free and his last test was 2 months before hand. of course i must assume he is not. any way, i entered him and about a minute 30 2 min max (most likely a shorter period) i pulled out noticing the condom had broken. (i am uncircumsised) i freaked out a little he assured me he was neg. anyway i googled (ofcourse) and found out i  have to wait 3 months. i made an appointment with me dr and since the condom break have been using a condom with gf except for oral. (is this a risk for her?)
in your experience, do i have a good chance of contracting hiv from this experience?
i have had zero symptoms up untill 3 days ago when i noticed a small pea like lump in my armpit
i was worried about bumps in my neck but have come to the conclusion they are muscle nots and arteries as the majoriy are on the lower and down the side of the trapzious muscle, which from charts, only appear to have ocipital nodes on the top where the scalp is.
the "node" in my  armpit had no pain. after some fiddleing the next day it was sore and continues to feel i guess like a pimple but below the skin. i am hoping for a cist. i have never felt a lump in my armpit before so it has caused me to stress as my apointment  is still a week and a half  away. is it possible sercoconversion started  late with  me and i am getting it 2 1/2 months after the incident? if it was a swollen node due to hiv, would it be more than one in the armpit or would itb be more? and would nodes swell everywhere or just in the one area? if so is it all at once? i have not been concerned as the guy it happened with said he had an appointment in july. which he let me know he went and would find  out the results and a week later told me all was good. so he is either telling the truth or has some pretty planned out lying (when you hear hoofs think horses not zebras) but i can't stop thinking he has been lying. so scared.  thank you all who answers and sorry for bad english

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: yet another broken condom
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 11:34:25 pm »
In the ten plus years I have been answering questions on this forum, I have yet to see an insertive partner test positive over a condom break. Regardless whether he took PEP or not.

That having been said, your low risk incident was not a NO risk incident. To be prudent, I would wait a couple of weeks to make it a full three months, and then test.

I do not see you testing positive over this encounter, but it never hurts to make certain.

Also, as you know, every sexually active person who it not in a mutually monogamous situation ought to get a full STD panel, including (of course) an HIV test. I recommend twice a year.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline stupidmove22

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 06:39:08 pm »
so the bump under arm is not enough concern to go to a walk in clinic instead? im canadan so it is all free regardless. i have never had a bump under my pit or have never felt a swollen node before. so it is quite the coincidence the first time i do is within the 3 month window. i have seen on here ppl say the average for sercoventing is 22 days so is it possible i am just getting it now?
i have also read localised lymphoma can sometimes be assoicated with hiv
if i did have a swollen node because of hiv would it be generalised? i only have the one bump very little pain a bit tender to the touch and skin is pink above it.
could the other nodes be swollen but i can only feel one?
and lastly if it was a swollen node due to ars 2.5 months after, would i feel sick? i feel fine aside from a headache this morning. thank you for your help

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2013, 07:10:16 pm »
You need to stop feeling, squeezing and otherwise bothering your lumps and bumps. You can definitely create a big problem. Go to your doctor and have them evaluated. There is absolutely nothing HIV specific about lymph node swelling. Nor about your headaches.

Yes, you had a very low level risk with a broken condom. As the insertive partner for a single incident the risk was very, very low for potential transmission.

Get tested at 3 months and collect what I expect will be a negative test result.

Good luck with your test.

Andy Velez

Offline stupidmove22

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2013, 02:21:46 pm »
what are hiv specific symptoms? i didn't think there was any since the symptoms listed with hiv can be caused by numerous things.

I also had angular cheitlis which i have seen ann on here say it has nothing to do with hiv but the world health org has listed it under there stage 2 symptoms. i am unware the time frame of these staging. i have not had angular cheitlis since i was a child and have never had a swollen node under my arm before. i am truly concerned since it would be quite the coincidence.

i only fiddled with the node in my armpit the day i discovered it in the shower. it was tender the next day after the hr i did fiddle with it in the shower but havent since. it has remained swollen and painless. the exact type from hiv infection. mind you i is one in my armpit but perhaps it is the only swollen one i can feel.

swollen lymhnode might not be hiv specific but is also the only symptom in each staging from WHO.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2013, 03:00:37 pm »
You're looking at this the wrong way. Neither the presence nor the absence of symptoms is ever the way to consider your HIV status. The kinds of symptoms which sometimes show up when newly infected such as fever, rash, etc. are too much like symptoms for other illnesses.

So the ONLY reliable way to know your status when there has been a possible risk is by getting tested at the appropriate time. The average time to seroconversion is 22 days after a risk. A negative result at 6 weeks after is very encouraging and points to a likely conclusive negative result at 3 months.

So that means there is waiting time which is difficult but that's the real deal.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.