Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 11:41:32 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772783
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 211
Total: 211

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread Part XXIV: Shake the Cobwebs Off and Get Your Asses in Gear.  (Read 56404 times)

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Win- I hope you get better soon too, you know your limits, but please put yourself first.  I like your new pic- you are very photogenic :)

Thank you very much. I'll be ok.

LOL you know thats the face of AIDS.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Hi GFs~

Its been a rough week, with docs appts scheduled every night M-Th, and then group on Friday.  I have managed to catch a cold today or to succumb (sp?) to seasonal allergies, not sure which.

Betty, I have been thinking about how this week has been for you.  You are handling everything so strongly.  I just wish your pee-er felt better already.   :-*

Win, so sorry to hear you've had a hurl-n-go week.  Damn, if I threw up I would be home for two days.  LOL 

I reconciled about 40 bank statements today at work, I'm about halfway done for the Feb stmts.  Good gosh almighty.

More this weekend, I really need to rest.

Love you all, GFs.

Night.
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline netta

Evening ladies, I've had the diarreah all morning, felt like crap,stomach swollen, it must be that dam norvir they keep me on. feeling better now.I think I'm  going crazy, While watching the show "ER on the health chanell, a young man got  seriouly heart from a car accident and I literally started crying and boo hoo n along with the family!! Boy talk about hormones out of whack! do I need to get a life, is  this what 50 does to you? lol!

Queen- Listen to betty bout the section 8

Betty- I have a gas guzzler 8 cylindar  (97 caddy) car also. When I get on e, I loan the car out so I can get my friends to buy gas, so far so good!. I want to see that movie also",gone baby gone "is a good one also.

Snow- you made my day, I laughed  so loud, my neighbors must think I got company !!!! i live by myself and rarely have any. Snow my last name is codependant , l been hearing that for years, but i've gotten better, been to support groups like alonon, helps.

minismom- you are too blessed to be stressed!!! lol

Tendai- i don't know u well, bu I understand you live in Zimbabwe?? I hope things get better for you.

Keepin, and Moon- take care
Winn- get plenty rest and take care, i luv ur pic also, u are very pretty

Ladies , the rest of you have a nice nite. Oh lets all buy a lottery ticket this week!!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 11:23:04 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline vivyt

Hello all! Not much is going on. Some drama with one of my coworkers but that's it. You'd think the drama would be with the kids, but sometimes they behave better than adults. I do have a funny story about my autistic boy I mentioned before. He has anger issues and will hit or kick when he gets mad. Well, yesterday he hit a student in class with an encyclopedia type book on the head. I pulled him aside and was talking very sternly with him. I told him, "You do not hit, period!" Without missing a beat he replied, "No, COMMA, he bothered me!" That was the first time I almost laughed out loud when scolding a child. I had to cover my mouth so he would not see me smile. He was letting me know that it was not over and he had more to say about it.  :D

On another note, I have finally come to the realization that I need to find a group to meet with. This forum is great but I need to interact with others locally. I live in Orange County and a lot of the groups are all the way in Los Angeles so I don't know what I am going to do. My therapist thinks it is a good thing. She says that even though I talk to her she doesn't know how to relate to my circumstance. I think that maybe doing both will help. Who knows, but I guess it's worth a try.

Oh, I do have a question for anyone. Have any of you who are on Atripla noticed any weight gain?

Two days till Spring Break! YAY!

tendai

good morning all

the ways u guys are just saying Section 8 i get to thinking its some kind of futuristic secret government agency in a sci-fi movie.

wendy i hope your mouth heals soon so u can get back to doing those "interesting things" u cant do. at least its not full blown shingles, which i cant even think about without cringing.  is that paint on your face or u fiddled with the picture? very  nice though..

mum- hi welcome back. your life is sooo full and busy with all those kids. never a dull moment huh? but i sure dont envy u when it comes to laundry. thank goodness for clothes washers. imagine if u had to do it by hand? :o

netta - yes i live in zimbabwe, things are bad but hopefully if the elections dont get rigged by u-know-who things will get better. hope u're feeling better today

viv- that autistic kid of yours is precious.  sounds really intelligent and funny. good luck finding a group

cindy - i hope u have a restful weekend. is Iceman in the picture for the weekend? u always feel great after being with him ;)

betty - good luck with the chiropractor. have u ever tried acupuncture? or it doenst work with neck problems? and yes u have to be strong these days. its like a jungle here these days, survival of the fittest.

Queen - hope the mechanic fixes your car soon. $30 here is about $1,5billion.   

keeping - try a hot compress on your cramps, i heard it helps

snow - that story was funny. good luck finding a goup

sun - glad u're still together with Whitey, u'll find the right moment to tell him. its a miracle he hasnt complained about u not kissing him open mouthed and all. hopefully that means he's an understanding guy. any news on the results?

my sister i stay with ran away to my uncles to avoid going to sing at the funeral.  i wanted to go yesterday but noone was singing until after 7 and by then i was in bed. today i'm not going home because of the water crisis. i could still smell the stench from the toilet all the way to work. thank God its easter holiday , take a break from work and all. plus i have an excuse. i think the problem is that guy was stuck up, having being raised in the states and being deported for drug abuse or something, and the way he treated his stepmom was common knowledge. guess thats why theres such a poor turnout

guys isnt i mentioned that other sister of mine the one with the kid who looks like the worm aliens. she is "married" but the husband is in Botswana and wont be back until August if shes lucky. she's staying with her inlaws but the conditions shes living in are so bad and thats contributing to her and the childs general ill-health. i want to take her away from there and stay with her for a while. just until their health improves. or forever because nothing good is coming out of that "marriage". the stupid husband didnt even pay anything to our family so shes not officially married. i bet they just want a housegirl of sorts. she made a stupid mistake getting pregnant and running off to live with him and i think she realises that but she wont admit it coz people are saying "thats what u wanted deal with it". i just dont like seeing her live like that. i dont know.  i think i'll talk to my uncle and aunt about it hear what they say.

have a good one!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 05:24:04 am by tendai »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies:

Wendy, '94 was the year I was diagnosed with AIDS also.  That is a nice picture of you.  You have a beautiful smile!

Cin, I hope your sinuses clear up.  Those can be miserable.  I'm still fighting the nasal virus I got 3 weeks ago. 

Netta, isn't it funny how you can be watching a show and they have something a little sad on and you start blubbering?  That happens to me sometimes also; don't feel lonely.  I have a '94 Crown Victoria.  They sure are comfortable cars (the big ones) and I love the way they ride, but I sure wish gas wasn't so much.  Yes, we should all buy lottery tickets and if one of us wins, that would pay for all of us to meet somewhere for the cookout Queen & I were talking about earlier on.  No, seriously, I haven't bought a lottery ticket in many years. 

Snow, hee.  That story is funny about you seeing the man at the food bank.  Your mother set her own place on fire?  Well, I suppose that can happen. 

Viv, love those stories you tell us about the kids.  I know you're waiting for the end of tomorrow so you can start spring break.  Any plans?  Yes, a support group would be a good thing; at least that's what I've experienced.

Tendai, girl, where you live sounds like a nightmare.  I honestly don't know how you do it.  I sure hope the elections go smoothly and bring different leadership to your country. 

Well, between tomorrow and Saturday we're supposed to get 8 inches of snow. :o  I thought we were through with this shit.  I don't know what mother nature is trying to do to us.  Torture us, I guess. 

I really have nothing exciting planned for today.  I'm going to clean; my therapist comes over; and a friend of mine is taking me out to supper this evening.  Tomorrow I have to go to my parents'; Sunday my one sister is flying back to Phoenix.  That's about as exciting as it gets around here.  I hope you ladies have a good day. I'll check back in later-
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
Good morning sweeties!  HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SPRING!!  It would be more convincing if it wasn't supposed to snow today. >:( It's 8:30 and there's a million things I need to do and I'm not doing a single one of them ;D  We'll have to have school at some point today.  Hubby's off with clients, so it's just me and the booglets.

Tendai: when we lived in Honduras (#1 was born there), I DID have to do all the laundry by hand on a washboard.  I have pictures to prove it.  That was almost 11yrs ago.  We had to set up buckets to catch the rain as it fell off the roof because the government cut off the water every time it rained - which was every day! Anyway, soak the clothes, scrub, scrub, dip, scrub, scrub, dip, dip, ring out, dip in clean water, dip, dip, ring, shake, hang.  I had big ol' bicepts with in a week!  I'll need to find the pictures and post them here.  It was a hoot!

The process of finding a new doc for #'s 2 and 6 isn't going too well.  No doctor wants to take the time to sit with me and talk (interview).  I want to make sure he/she understands what I need, what we believe, and can deal with all the dynamics that I'd be bringing in.  It's frustrating.  I have more names on my list, but so far I keep hitting brick walls.  I tried to change last summer and went to a highly recommended doctor.  Within 5 minutes I knew it wasn't going to work out.  By that time, she went from standing to sitting, from smiling to slack-jawed, and from enthusiastic to dumbfounded.  I collected the kids, thanked her for her time, and told her we wouldn't be back.  I hung in there with our "old" doc, but I've had it. So, onward and upward!

So far, that's it.  Nothing exciting or earth shattering.

SMILE! and remember: hysterical IS the new calm.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline minismom

I know, I just posted, but crap!  Just got a call from the ENT / audiologist.  #6 had an appointment to have her hearing rechecked.  She has progressive hearing loss in her right ear (and periphreal blindness in her right eye).  I called last week because she keeps sticking her left ear ON the speakers.  I'm worried that she's now losing hearing in that ear, too.  It started out by her sitting closer and closer to the TV / radio.  Then, she started standing next to it.  Now, she puts her left ear on the speaker.  We assumed she was having a vision issue, now it looks like a hearing issue. Anyway, I called to get her appointment changed so we could get in earlier.  It was supposed to be the beginning of next week.  Now, suddenly today, it was moved to April 10th - hubby's birthday.  Now I have to call and get it changed again to something earlier.  I mean, come on!  I'm also upset because they won't aide her "bad" ear and now they both may be "bad".  If anything comes at her on the right side, she can't see it or hear it.  AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!  Sorry, just had to get that out.

Mum (who warns that this probably will NOT be the last rant of the day)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:31:20 am by minismom »
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Mum, you poor dear.  Rant on, sister, rant on.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
is that paint on your face or u fiddled with the picture? very nice though..

I tinkered with a picture of me with a photo editor. Its my face on top of my face. They are just tilted at different angles. And the photo was also given a slight color change.
The cold sore on my bottom lip is pretty much gone but my upper lip is nasty still. It will take 3 to 5 days to heal likely. The lower my tcells have gotten the more sores I've gotten in and on my mouth. Fortunately I have meds to keep them from staying forever or spreading.

Mum - sorry your having trouble with the kiddos and doctors. Stinks to loose your hearing. I had chronic ear problems when I was much younger and was deaf for a few days because of an infection and impaction. I have had more ear problems in my life than I've had BM's this year likely LOL
I have an ear infection right now. Its not too bad though I'm letting this one clear up on its own. Its only mildly uncomfortable and I can feel it draining in my throat so I know it is ok right now. 

Thanks to Betty and Netta for the compliments.

Viv - That was a cute story.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Wendy, don't push your body.  I trust your judgement, but don't try to just roll the dice and see what you get.  You may need antibiotics.

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
If it gets more painful or to where I cant pop my ear or I can tell its not draining. I'll get some antibiotics.

I usually avoid antibiotics unless necessary.

Honestly its only mildly uncomfortable and BTW I'm not 100% better but I do feel way better.
The blister on my upper lip is now scabbed and I'm only moderately more tired than usual.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
yeah I second Betty on that one. when I had less than 200 Ts I was kept on antiobiotics anyway all the time as a prophlactic, it was for 8-9 months. I used to have the sores all the bloody time too.

Wendy you are even a tougher cookie that I knew before, if that's even possible.

Betty, wishing things would go as smoothly as possible for you. It's great that you were able to share so much with the forums. I am quite dumbstruck when it comes to consolling unfortunately but I really care.

I will keep it short cos of the old arm. my BF got called in spain and told that he has the job, its not clear yet if he will have only the 2 days a week or they will upgrade him to fulltime (they said they'd try). I am so happy but waiting for the contract to be signed to really exhale. Thanks Snow. & Tendai I hope you enjoy any moment away from Dr. Evil's clinic, you'll probabaly only read this Tue. Cindy I am looking forward to a long post from you when you feel better. Netta I am sorry about your brother, that must be tough. Snow I'd have trip lets just to say I have them, how awsome, but I know it's not 3 times the work, but like 3 in the power of 3...

Hugs to all y'all, hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend. I got 4 DVDs, books, work and cleaning to do. If I don't clean soon I might get a visit from the Health Dept.

Modified to say Wendy just saw your reply and am glad you feel better
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Naaa not tough just stubborn.

They prescribe me Bactrim but I don't take it unless something hinky is going on with my lungs.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Evening ladies, well Wendy, I'm glad you're feeling some better.  Just watch yourself, girlie. 

Drag, good to hear from you.  Congrats on your bf getting that job.  So you'll be moving to Spain.  Do you know Spanish? 

I just got back from my gay bff taking me out to eat at Logan's Roadhouse.  I had a very good steak, a baked sweet potato and salad.  I'm so full.  We had a good time trashing people.  In a fun, loving way of course. ::)    Sometimes we all just need to get out and have some laughs.  My nose kept running though; it's always cold in my apartment, and I don't control the heat (the landlord does).  So when I get into some place warm, the nose starts in.  I still have pressure when I pee, but oh well, I guess I can live with that. 

Otherwise, nothing to report.  I hope all you ladies have a great evening-

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
hey Betty - no the job's here, that's the great thing, I can finish my contract and not worry about moving in the meantime. sorry, wasn't very clear. he called me from spain, b/c they called him there, he went to celebrate easter week with his family, its a very big deal there. just hope and pray that the contract and everything will be OK and that maybe they will get him up to fulltime like they said they would, but even part time is great. Just keeping fingers crossed everything works out.

maybe I'll move to spain at some point. dont speak much Spanish, yet.

I had to do a double take, btw you & Queen's gay bffs, I wasn't sure for a second I was addressing the right person .

So glad you went out and had a good meal and laugh. you so deserve/needed that
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline minismom

OH, Betty, I'm jealous!  A good juicy steak, some good juicy gossip...a perfect combo.

I'm thinking we may bypass the ENT/Audiologist and take her to a hearing center here in town.  They usually have very flexible hours and lots of openings.  At the very least, it may help me get her in to see her audiologist faster.  And, as if that's not bad enough, her left eye has been wandering to the left while her right eye wanders to the right - like the opposite of being cross-eyed.  She's had this issue since last summer, or at least that's when it was identified.  She's usually able to blink and it sets her eyes straight again.  Now, her right eye is staying forward and her left eye is wandering out and it's not going back.  I'll call her eye specialist on Monday to see when we can take her in to get THAT checked, too.  When it rains...it pours.  And, goodness knows that it's been raining here.

Thanks for llistening to my rant.  I try not to - I know everyone has issues here that are greater than mine.  It means a lot that you ladies consider me part of the "gang".  It really does.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
They may have her wear glasses to strengthen her ocular muscles. I hope its as simple a solution as that.

Offline minismom

Win, I'm the one who told the doc that something was up with her perifreal (sp?) vision.  The nurse that checked it said that everything was fine.  I was holding #6 and KNEW something was up looking at the back of her head!  So, when the doctor came in (who, btw, is mini's ID doc's hubby), I told him to check.  That's when he told me that she had no perifreal vision in her right eye.  I didn't know about the "wandering" until I got a copy of his report - a month later.  It said that #6 had a (something).  I had hubby look it up and found out that it meant her eyes wander out.  She was scheduled for another MRI - ended up having 3 over the summer - and nothing was found.  So, back to the doc who, after getting an earload from me, confirmed her blindness and her crazy eye.  I asked him at that point if either patching or glasses could help.  He told me no.  Then, he made a referral to a vision therapist through the WV school for the blind.  We have YET to hear from them - after several phone calls from us and the doctor.  So, here we sit.  I hate doctors!

We do have an autism advocate - did I mention she's autistic and has MR? - that's trying to see what she can do.  It sounds so silly to say, but sometimes Mini's HIV seems really "easy".

Mum (who only has 1 1/2 hrs. to rant today - because then it will be tomorrow ;D)
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Sorry to hear that. poor baby

Offline Snowangel

Hi Ladies-

Viv- That was such a cute comeback,  I just love those moments!  I totally understand you with trying to find a group in your area.  I wish you luck.  Supposedly there has been groups around here for years but I just recently found them, when I called around and asked before they told me they only allowed gay men.  So I guess, what I am saying, the operators/receptionist might not know everything that is available so be persistant.

Betty- Glad you had a good night out!  I love to people watch too.  No, my mother didn't burn down her house...yet.  She did have a house fire in the early 90's and the whole house needed to be gutted.  It was kinda freaky actually, she had taken a nap in the afternoon and around 10 pm decided she needed to go to the post office that was open in the next town ,so she left and took the 2 dogs with her.  She came back a 1/2 hour later and the house was engulfed in flames, if she hadn't taken a nap and got up and left she probably would have been asleep when the fire started and who knows what would have happened.  It was the cord to the fridge that started the fire. 

Moon- Only 40, geez. Slacker.  ;D I hate to see what you can do when you are feeling a 100%.  How are you doing?

Netta- How are feeling today?  Have you ever heard of CODA co-dependent anonymous?  I found it on-line yesterday and I sent an email to someone but I haven't heard anything back yet

Mum- Sorry to hear you have so much going on right now.  Thank goodness the kids have you to advocate for them.  I can't stand the docs that have "the complex" and don't really listen to the words that are coming out of your mouth. One of my kids has glasses.  He had eye surgery on one eye and hopefully the glasses will help the other eye.  He had to use a patch too.  I had to take him to a specialist and she told me to patch one eye and I patched the other and it turned out I was the one who was right.  They think what they see in 15 min. outweights what we see 24/7.  Good luck.  Vent on, girl, vent on!  That's what we are here for!  Right, girlz?

Drag- Congrats on the bf getting the job.  I don't speak Spanish either.  I know words like cocina and zapatos, and the people I know usually don't talk about thier kitchens or shoes much.

Win- I am glad you are feeling better!  I have to agree you are one tough cookie.  You're beautiful, funny and you even try out recipes while not feeling well.....Does Billy realize how lucky he is?

Brain fart....I totally forgot what I was going to say.  I am tired.  The kids don't have school tomorrow so at least, theoretically, I can sleep late. 

Oh, eyebrows.  Does anyone get thier eyebrows waxed?  Do you usually bleed?  I need to get mine done, big time.  Shoot, my 9 yr old son gets his done when he goes to visit his father, why can't I.  I don't know if I bleed but it hurts like a biatch and I feel like I might bleed.  Is this something I should worry about?

Hi to everyone else, I hope everyone is doing well.

Oh Ten- 1.5 billion???  What is the highest denomination bill you have?  I hope your elections go well too.

Take care everyone, Snow

Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies:

Mum, wow.  It sounds like you have your hands full, as always.  I agree with Snow, the kids are very fortunate they have you in their corners.  We're here anytime you want to rant-just go ahead and let it out.

Snow, I've never had my eyebrows waxed.  I don't know anything about that.  When I was in high school, I shaved my eyebrows completely off.  That was terrible.  I don't know what I was hoping to accomplish.  Cin would probably be the one to comment about that. 

Btw, where is Cin?  And Queen didn't post at all yesterday.  I hope they're alright. 

Well, today is the day of reckoning I suppose, at my parents'.  I hope my two sisters aren't all worked into a tizzy.  I just want to get in there and get out.  I don't want something that can be accomplished in an hour or two to be turned into a whole-day thing.  My brother and I have coordinated our times so we'll get there at the same time.  Then when he leaves, I'm outta there also.  No disrespect is meant by this, don't read it that way.  I just don't like to drag things out. 

I am officially sick and tired of this bladder infection.  Yes, it still hurts when I pee.  My doctor wants me to give them another urine.  He says there's a 20% chance it's resistant to the Bactrim DS.  Their office is only open 1/2 day today and I have to go to my parents'.  So I told him I would let him know Monday how it's going.  I'm so tired of water and cranberry juice I'm going to vomit.  No, not really.

I hope you ladies have a good day.  I'm going to check out a few more threads, eat and take a shower.  Have a good one-

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Afternoon Ladies---

I am still here. I read posts yesterday but really didn't have anything to say. So, I guess I kind of lurked and left. I got woken up early this morning around 8 am with a helluva headache. I took an 800mg Ib and went back to sleep. Funny, I just got up a few minutes ago and can still feel the headache a bit. It seems to be nice out today, I have my bedroom window cracked to let some fresh air in. My allergies have been giving me hell lately. Nothing planned for today other than washing some clothes for my son when I get around to doing it.

Betty-- I hope things run smoothly with the packing of the house. Sorry that bladder infection still has you. I know by now you have to be tired of the cranberry juice by now. Did you get those pills Winiroo was talking about?

Dragonette-- Congrats to your fiance on getting the job. I can understand how you can get me and Betty's gay bff mixed up. My bff's ex has now gotten the bff's cell number and wants him to spend the weekend with him. Bff is not going to do it but I knew it was a setup from the door. And I cooked my own steak last night with some rice and gravy..It was delish!!!!

I guess that is it for me, I was just checking in to let you gals know I am ok and so far things are right as rain. I am still waiting on the termination notice from the gas company. I haven't gone to a therapist yet because Ms Twice A week called and said the place she recommended by my house doesn't accept my insurance after all. WTF? Well, I have checked in, where is Wishful and Cindy? Holla at you guys later...
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline minismom

I posted this in the OT forum, but wanted to also post it here.  There was a news report last night about those new "energy efficient" light bulbs. These are the ONLY bulbs that will be sold as of 2016 (or 2013, i can't remember).  The problem is that these bulbs contain mercury - one of the most poisonous substances in the world.  In the story, a woman dropped one of these bulbs and called poison control.  She was put in touch with a company that charged $2000 to remove the mercury from her home.  Also, when these bulbs go out, you can NOT throw them in the trash.  They must be brought to (and paid for) a hazzardous materials drop-off site.

We HAD these bulbs in every light and lamp in our home until we heard that report.  They were replaced today with the good ol' standard bulbs.  The mercury bulbs were boxed up and placed in our barn.  I'm not paying to bring them to a hazzardous waste dump - which we can't even find in our area (within 60 miles from our home).

I know there are ladies here with kids / animals and accidents happen.  I'd be really careful if you have these in your home.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Snowangel

Mum- Are you talking about the funny looking light bulbs that are skinny and wrap around themselves?

Hi ya- Queen

Betty- I hope your day went well at your parents house.

Snow

Offline minismom

yeah, Snow, that's the ones I'm talking about.  They either look like that - all spiraled up - or they are just one tube that looks like a lower-case "n".  They are no longer in our home. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Snow - I've had my eyebrows and my lip waxed. I didn't bleed. The lip hurt like a mother. LOL
I'm premenopausal so I've been growing hairs here and there that don't belong and the peach fuzz on my upper lip has gotten a bit darker.

Mum - I saw something on tv that said you can dispose of those bulbs in ziplock bags and put them in the trash.

Betty - I was given a pill for one of my bladder infections once that made my pee turn blue. Cant remember what it was called cause I was a teen but it worked and peeing blue was pretty cool. LOL

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
I just got to Iceman's after group tonight.  I am going to kick his ass at Guitar Hero.

I'll post more tomorrow, I need to chill tonight.  :D

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Hello ladies,

Awful quiet here today, except for a few "guests". Wonder what's going on? Betty give us a shout so we'll know you're OK, I guess you're working on the house?

Wendy, I know those bloody stray hairs, but didnt realize they come before the period? I feel like the bearded lady sometimes. I don't wax but tweeze, I heard that waxing can cause wrinkles cos is tags on the skin as well. I also heard that tweexing makes them grow back faster, not sure that true b/c on the other hand they say if your overtweeze your eyebrows you wont get them back. That sure aint happening with the rest of my face though.

It's absurdly freezing here and I still didnt clean the house, but I will. Mañana. I have a bunch of girly movies, watched some of them, using my time wisely till BF gets back tomorrow night... I already watched Marie Antoinette & Devil Wears Prada, tonight I'll watch Closer. I also watched one very good Israeli film. I am such a loner, I haven't been seeing or talking to anyone these 3 days (except shortly on skype), but I did buy a ticket to go and see a friend in Italy in over a week, for 5 days. I feel like my close friends aren't here, as neither is my family. My friend doesn't know I am poz and I don't want to tell her, I'm afraid she'll freak out about my using her toilet etc. I told so many people, I don't know why with some people I am just shit scared.

Oh I went to the gym and there was some street dancing type class, damn I am out of shape, or out of enthusiasm, or both. I am also premenstural I think. I don't think I got pregnant, which is kind of worrying b/c in 2 weeks we did it 19 times... that's not normal though usually its much less. I know b/c there is only 1 syrnige left from the 20 that we bought.

Hope all of you are doing well. Queen, if you haven't got a therpaist yet maybe you can try and find one who does conginitive behavioral therapy or some kind of positive psychology. That helps me a lot and it's not something you need hundreds of meeting for like with conventional therapy. Evereyone's different but I don't beleive that only digging in the past can be that helpful. But like I said I can only relate my own experience.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Morning ladies:

Well, I was pretty busy yesterday at my parents'.  We (the sibs) took their ashes down by the St. Joe River, which empties into Lake Michigan, and put some of the ashes in there, then the rest got scattered at their home.  Lots (tons) of stuff.  My dad was a drummer (did I already mention this).  He has an autograph book which has Frank Sinatra's autograph in it.  He played a lot at the nightclubs in Detroit when he was younger.  I got some old (40's) records of my dad drumming.  Now if I just had a record player. 

Queen, I'm sorry you haven't had luck with finding a therapist.  Just keep plugging.  When do you expect your d/c notice from the gas company?  Good luck on all the craziness that is life.

Mum, thanks for the heads up on those lightbulbs.  I've wondered about getting some, but I never have.  Now I'm glad I didn't-I have a cat and wouldn't want to risk her getting any poisoning.

Snow, how you doing girlie? :)

Cin, how did Guitar Hero go?  I did some playing here myself, but not that game.

OK, Camms, where the hell are you?  I remember you told us we stuck with you.  Waiting for you to deliver on that, gf.  Other than that ladies, no big plans today.  I rented 'No Country for Old Men' yesterday and plan on wathcing it today.  All you ladies take care of yourselves.

Offline Snowangel

Hi everyone-
Queen- I am glad things went well yesterday.   You could try Craigslist or Freecycle in your area for a record player, you could probably get one for free.  Is your bladder infection feeling any better?

Drag-  It is in the 40's here during the day and colder at night.  I don't know about you but I am so sick of the cold weather.   I have one girlfriend that I still talk to and I haven't told her either.  I am not sure why, I am just afraid of that person telling someone else and it getting around.  Did you see "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet?  That is a cute chick flick. ;D

Queen- What's the 411 on your car?  I hope it was a cheap fix.

Cin- What is Guitar Hero, exactly?  Is it like playing air guitar or are you actually hitting some strings?  I can play pac man and that is about it and that tells you how long it has been since I played. :)  Are you feeling better?

Keeping-  How are you feeling?

Mum-  Thanks for the lightbulb info!

Paulette- Hope and your girls are doing well.  I was cleaning out the other day and found some pics of me climbing in tree class at school.  Geez, I wish I was still in that good of shape. :-\

Yesterday, the kids were home from school.  I had it out with my SO. I took my older son to see his father.  I visited my grandmother and then brought lunch to my Mom and Dad.  My parents have been divorced for over 10 yrs so it so wierd to see them together.  Technically, my father is still married so I am not sure what is up with that but he has been at her house helping clean and fix things up.  When the trips and I got home last night we put videos on and danced our asses off.  That is actually a pretty good stress reliever.
Today, I need to clean the house, go get some stuff for Easter dinner.  I finally just filed a dispute in with one of the companies I ordered our stuff from this morning, enough is enough, bet they call me back when they see thier money got taken back.  I think I have something on my forehead that says, F*ck with me!  I found another place anyway and I am not going to say anything else, cuz I will jinx myself  :-X 

Hope everyone is doing well!

Take care,
Snow

Offline netta

just giving a shot out, i'm fine. i was so depressed last nite I started crying, because the holidays are rough for me, plus i missed my friends in va and my manfriend in va had to go to Bagdad(navy guy) for a week. Just as i was into my pity party, the phone rang and a good male friend from new york (my home) called and knew something was wrong, he talked to me on and off till 2 am!!!!Wait it gets better, my best friend in va, called and bought me a ticket to come visit next month!!!!We are going to a family party for her brother in law who is being shiped off to the persian gulf, that week for 6 mos. her family and I grew up together. This is a woman who has been my friend for over thirty years!!! and has lost both parents to aids!!!She also has a ex husband who is hiv and lives in the va hospital. when her mom was very sick and livng in maryland the doctors had giving up on her, being a senior and all. then we moved her down here and i got her hooked up with my id doc and she lived a few more years! than expected, she didnt like taking meds, or I think she would still be here. People don't believe elderly better get aids too. why is that???? she got it from her husband who had a blood transfusion long before they tested the blood. Anyhow my best friend is a nurse, and she is not poz,which is a blessing. her husband was a vietnam vet and became a herione addict during the war. he also got shot.

ps I'm crocheting again!!

I hope everyone is doing well and has a good weekend !!! luv to all,
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:07:27 pm by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Hey Ladies---

I'm needing to vent today. I had to kick my gay bff out already. He lied to me about a date he had last night, the date was with the ex. But come to find out he has lied about a few other things too. The funny thing is that I am more hurt than pissed. It showed me that his ex and his addiction means more than our friendship ever did. When he came in this afternoon, about an hour ago, I called him on his shit and told him he has to go. He tried to give me the excuse that they had to finalize things but it was bullshit, he was holed up over at the ex's sister's house because I guess the ex had gotten a nice sized check from something. While I was stuck here with his traumatized dog. After I confronted him, he grabbed his dog and left. He still has to get the rest of his stuff. I am done and am going to wash my hands of him. One thing I can't tolerate is a liar and a thief. I did what I could to try to help but he doesn't want to help himself, so I am done.

The car is at mechanics and I am still waiting to hear back from the mechanic on what's wrong with it or how much it will cost. I am on the phone with my other bff so I will check back later....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline minismom

Netta, crochet is my therapy.  I have a big ol' basket of yarn sitting beside me as I type.  I just finished crocheting bookmarks for some folks for Easter.  If you want a list of sites that have FREE crochet patterns, just shoot me a PM.  If you are ever looking for something specific, let me know.  Chances are that I have a pattern for it somewhere in the house. I crocheted our youngest daughter's dress for tomorrow.  All 3 of my boys and Mini are all learning to crochet.  They are also learning how to cross-stitch (my other therapy). 

It is cold and nasty here today.  I NEED SUN AND HEAT!!! (but not too much heat...70 - 75 is high enough)

Everything else is really quiet.  Trying to catch up on the laundry.  Everyone have a really great day!

mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
wish I knew how to crochet or knit or quilt or something

freezing here like a witch's tit. Quiet is good Minis...

Queen, sorry bout your friend. Hes a big boy though. However can't help being sad and worried for the dog, poor thing.  were you counting on him for the rent? Yep you can't have a crack addict coming around if he's still in the relationship. Getting into any issue with a couple is complicated, people say they're going to leave like a million times, but something draws them back again and again.

Which reminds me, I wonder what happened with Afraid? Its been ages and ages.

Netta, what an uplifting post, sounds like you have some amazing people in your life.

I was at the supermarket and there was this beaitiful young black woman shopping with a guy (who seemed to be a relative), and she had very bad wasting, her clothes looked like there were empty, like there was no body in there, and walking very slowly using a stick. i know that "look". Of course could be something else, but made me sad. I kept bumping into them, I always go to the cheap shop first and then into the posh one to make up for things that were missing, and they did the same.

On a more cheerful note I forgot to write that there is this woman at my gym whose trying to pick me up... she looks Indonesian or something, but a bit on the tough side. Not really butch but not as waify as a lot of Asian women, anyway I have seen her check me out and today she came to sit with me when I was resting, I was reading a magazine and then I looked up and she was staring hard, I mean there was no mistaking that look  :D but I just walked away. It's rare for people to look at me like that so I guess it was a compliment, if I wasn't already spoken for, who knows? I don't consider myself bisexual but it could happen, I mean I have had some experiences. Well I doubt it cos I doubt I would be able to disclose. Although I did it with my BF it doesn't seem to get easier at all. Strangely it seems to get harder than in the beginning, my guess is cos I wasn't quite aware of the levels of prejudice till I became poz, and truthfully, using these as well as other forums and reading things online (talkbacks and such) has made me less, not more confident. It's like you carry the pain of others' rejection and discrimination on top of what you yourself have experienced. Do you find it the same?

Joining Betty on the shout out to Camms too... Betty your ceremony for your folks sounds very moving, very special.

Snow, thx, I have seen the holiday, actually I like a good chick flick but not too sweet... that was a bit much for me, I don't do the really romantic stuff, no Sandra Bollock bollocks for me  ;D I too am sick of cold, but in no way ready to bare myself... kind of a Catch 22 really, except sooner or later it will get warm. I'm contemplating starting a weight loss thread. anyoen intersted in reporting what we ate? a virtual support group as such? I have never done this before, in fact I haven't dieted since I was 20, but I have put on like 8 kgs since my picture. Id love to lose some before it gets warm...

OK ladies, ciao for now, have a good one.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 02:43:46 pm by Dragonette »

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
One thing I can't tolerate is a liar and a thief. I did what I could to try to help but he doesn't want to help himself, so I am done.

Good for you. I cant stand that crap either.

Wendy, I know those bloody stray hairs, but didnt realize they come before the period?
LOL Menopause not menstrual

Netta - I crochet but it doesn't come out nice. LOL I have no skill when it comes to crocheting. Its still fun sometimes though.

Offline Snowangel

I don't know what it is about crocheting but I ever time I see that word I read it as...CRAW- cheting and it makes me think of ornery, elderly people?  I can't crochet or knit or quilt, I don't have the patience.  I really like the crazy quilts that people do.  I used to do beading but I don't have the patience for that anymore either.

Netta- Sorry to hear you were so down yesterday, you must have vibed your friends. Glad they called and made you feel better. That is so nice of your friend to send you a ticket to visit, she sounds like a wonderful person.

It's rare for people to look at me like that so I guess it was a compliment, if I wasn't already spoken for, who knows?

Drag- LOL! It's probably not rare you just happened to catch the person checking you out  ;)
I could definately stand to lose some weight too.  As far as the disclosure thing,  I have only one girlfriend that I am really close to and I haven't told her because I am afraid to lose her friendship and I am not ready to take that chance yet but I am sure I will someday. I can't say that I think about what has happened to other people affects me telling or not, you have to have it in you and I don't yet :).

Queen- Sorry to hear about your bff.  I guess it is true when they say you can't help someone until they are ready to help themselves. Just know, that you did the best that you could.  I'm with Drag and  felt bad for the dog too, you took much better care of him then he did.

Win- I read it as premenstrual too :)  You look so young, how old are you again?  I am 36, and I already(started like 4 yrs ago) got a ton of grey around my temples underneath.  It sucks get older  :'(

Snow

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Win- I read it as premenstrual too :)  You look so young, how old are you again?  I am 36, and I already(started like 4 yrs ago) got a ton of grey around my temples underneath.  It sucks get older  :'(

I am 35 will be 36 in a couple of months. I've got all sorts of white hair when I don't color it. My hormones are whacked without birth control pills.
Probably HIV's fault.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Evening Everyone---

Thanks for the words about the situation with me and the gay bff. I was really bummed about it earlier and went to sleep for a few hours. I feel bad for the dog too because he is going to be neglected again. But there is nothing I can do about that. Our mutual friend who was trying to help the bff is done with him too. After I told him he had to leave, he called our mutual friend and tried to throw a guilt trip saying that he guesses that the mutual friend hates him too. I don't hate my bff but for the life of me I can't figure out why he keeps going back to his bf. I can only guess that he doesn't mind living a trifling lifestyle and going from sugar to shit because of the crack. He has burned his bridges when it comes to people helping him and his only other option is to live with the bf's sister who has about 5 kids and a bf. I'm guessing that is where he is but I don't see that situation lasting long either because no one there is going to put up with a dog who shits all over the house much less take the poor thing outside or for walks. No, Dragonette, I was not depending on him for rent. I wasn't depending on him for anything other than to be honest and not lie to me.

I forgot to mention that Kevin stopped over yesterday. He didn't get past the front door and I didn't talk to him. I guess he thought if he waited for a minute that I would change my mind about things....NOT!!!! The mutual friend and I was talking last night about hiv here in our town. He goes to meetings and was telling me that only one person showed up for the last meeting. He had asked me to go but I had declined because when I was ready to go to one, they cancelled. I told him, we must be the only person in our quaint little town who is poz. Bad joke, I know but it just shows that like I had said in the past people here are really on the DL (down low) about it.

LOL@the gray hairs thing. I have one hair on my head that is gray and you really have to look to see it. It seems that all my gray hairs decided to make their home down south if you know what I mean. No surprise to me since my poonani is not getting any action. So, I just shave them suckers away!!!! I guess I just have good genes and am aging gracefully...*hee hee*

I am off to surf the internet and the cable guide for something to watch. I'll check back in later. Happy Easter!!!
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
I am in a bit of shock about now. I swear the hits just keep coming. While checking my email on Yahoo, I get a PM from who I thought was Boo. Those of you who were here from the beginning remember how I felt about Boo. The person I spoke to claimed to be his gf of 11 years, another shocker. I met or should say corresponded with Boo from his profile on Poz personals. We use to talk for hours which made me think along with him telling me that he didn't have any gf. She was really nice, no drama and explained to me that Boo passed away on November 4th of last year. She went on to say that he never disclosed to her and found out he was poz from his sister. He had told her that he had cancer. Which immediately gave me a flashback kind of feeling because I remember when I was first diagnosed that is what I had told someone but eventually ended up telling the person the truth. Anyhoo, if you remember, the last time I spoke to Boo, I was upset with him because he had stopped taking his meds which ended up landing him in the hospital for about a week. I know Cindy remembers this because this was about the time me and her use to talk daily through IMs.

Right now I am just numb and stunned. Not from him not being honest about having a gf or how he became infected. He told me his ex infected him but found out it was the other way around. Not that any of that matters now but it is the first time that someone I know (or should kind of knew or maybe not) has passed from AIDS.

But I am also a bit puzzled too because remember about a few days ago I had mentioned that Boo had added me to his Fanbox friends. If he passed in November then who added me? I just joined up with Fanbox a few months ago. I asked the gf this but she said she had no clue to who it could be and did not know of his Fanbox account. I am feeling numb and confused. I would think that if it is indeed him, why would he lie and say he passed away? It would be a whole lot easier to just fess up and say he has a gf. I can't see it being a jealous gf or anything like that. From corresponding to Boo for the time that I did, I know he was very paranoid about certain things. But how could he have a gf for that amount of time and the times we talked it was for hours so I know no female lived with him. I am confused, in shock and honestly don't know what to think. If it is indeed true that he has passed, I feel awful because of the last conversation we had which was me jumping down his throat about not adhering to his meds..... ??? :-[ :-X :-\ :'(
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Snowangel

Wow. Queen- Sorry to hear your friend passed away.  The stuff about the fanbox seems kind of strange?  I am not sure what fanbox is but could someone else have his acct. that his gf doesn't know about?  I hate finding out someone isn't really who you thought they were, if he could get away with not telling his gf for 11 yrs, just think of what else he could get away with.  Definately not what you needed to hear right now.  Sorry.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Oh dear, Queen I am really sorry about Boo, that's quite a shocker. I don't know what fanbox is, don't have an account but keep getting invites from people I don't even know or people I am not in touch with, could be maybe some automatic thing? Do you have to contact details of the woman who called you, maybe you can speak with her again. What a sad, confusing story.

I have realized a while back that there are a lot of people determined to fuck up their own lives and not always in the most obvious way (i.e. drugs, booze), and all we can do is look out for ourselves b/c we can't fix these people, we just can't. I say this in reference to your BFF but also to Boo. And you know something... a lot of these people are men. Quite a few guys are not good at taking care of them selves and also do strange inexplicable things, esp when they are poz or otherwise have some problem like debt or something. I mean straight guys. That sounds like a terrible generalization but this has been my experience. I think it's because they don't know how to open up and how to ask for help. i think the state of mind of being a man and being a woman is far more different than we imagine.

Someone must have listened when I said I want to lose weight last night b/c I got the squirts from hell, don't remember it even being so bad apart from travelling in poor countries. Anyway I'm OK now, but staying in the vicinity of the WC.

I read the most horrible heartbreaking story in the news (US domestic) last night. I'm suprised no one's mentioned it on the Off topic. I wanted to, but didn't b/c it's so fucking awful there is nothing to say, so i just cried. I know awful things happen every day, everywhere, but some things just do your head in. I hope the bitch who did this will burn in hell a 1,000 times over. For once I am glad you guys have death penalty.

I am in the process of cleaning... a friend has dropped by, she's the most gorgeous girl ever, she looks seriously like a supermodel, like 180 tall and superslim,'beautiful face and hair and everything, she is super smart and succesful and speaks like 5 languages, and yet she has this guy who looks like George Constanza (from Seinfeld) playing her, I mean really, he is now with another girl in another country for a week and she has gone mental. Go figure  ::).

Have a good day ladies, Queen, Betty, am thinking of you

Offline vivyt

Good Morning everyone! Happy Easter!

Queen-Sorry about your friend  :(

Snow-I used to get my eyebrows waxed but my skin is so sensitive it always bleeds and sometimes tears so I either pluck or get them threaded. Much better  :)

Well not a whole lot is going on here. I have officially had it with myself. I have gained so much weight I can't even look at myself. Since I am on Spring Break I am going to hit the gym religiously...I hope ;)

Today I have lunch with my family. My family has been experiencing some drama and I dread getting together with them. I won't get into the details but I'll give you the basics. My parents got divorced about 3 years ago. Since then my father has been through about 3 ho bags who are total gold diggers who barely speak English and my mother started dating a man who lives in Texas who is the COMPLETE opposite of her. She is now engaged and planning to move to Texas. My sister, who just turned 18, has been basically acting out. In the last 6 months she has gotten her lip pierced, tongue pierced, and a tattoo. My mother and I have always been VERY close and knowing that she is leaving has been extremely difficult to deal with but she just doesn't get it. The whole family is just not happy about it. Her parents are heartbroken she is leaving (she is an only child) and she is angry that no one is happy for her. No one talks about it. It is just very stressful. There is more I could go into but I don't want to bore you all with the details... :)

I hope everyone has a good day!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Afternoon ladies,

Queen, I am sincerely sorry about your gay bff.  It's so true, though, a using addict is a liar and a thief.  I know, been there, done that.  You did all you could.  If you did more, it would only be hurting yourself and your friend.  He has to reach the bottom on his own and figure out how to come up.   I do remember Boo.  I was posting at that time.  I am truly sorry if he did pass; I don't know why someone would lie about something like that (death).  Don't feel bad about your last conversation with him.  It is what it is.  He knows how you feel.  I've lost many friends to AIDS.  It never gets any easier; just a reminder of what can and still does happen when someone doesn't take care of themselves.  Again, you have my condolences.  Sounds like you've had a very rough couple of days.

Viv, you made me laugh when you said you couldn't stand yourself.  HA (I'm still laughing).  I'm sorry, it just sounds funny.  My weight always yo-yos.  When I quit smoking awhile back, using Chantix, I gained about 30 lbs.  I guess my only saving grace is that I'm tall.  That's what I keep telling myself anyway.  I'm sorry about your mum.  But, what can you do.  I know it's hard.  When my mum died I thought my world would fall apart.  Maybe your mum will be really happy with this new guy.  It's hard for people to let go of others they love, whether it involves moving or otherwise.  Just keep your chin up.

Drag, a thread about losing weight?  Damn.  That would make me feel too accountable. ;)  I would be willing to participate in it, though.  I would just have to get disciplined.  Oh, and it would probably have to start once I eat all the candy in my place.  That's a good idea, though.

Snow, I have grey hair if I don't bleach it every month.  I get the bleach from a local beauty supply store and do it myself.  I don't know if I'd ever go back to natural color.  Don't see it in the near future.

Netta, it sounds like you have a really good support system.  I'm glad.  It sucks being alone.  I hope you have fun when you go visit your friend. 

Mum, how the hell are you?  I'm so glad you're back.  I was starting to feel mummi-less. :)

OK, haven't heard from Cin or Camms in awhile.  Camms in a long while.  I'm not really doing anything today.  Just listening to some music.  That seems to help my mood.   I'm not really in a funk, just blah.  It's so frickin' cold and grey here, I'm getting to the point where I'm about ready to pack up the wagon and meandor down South.  Or out west.  Someday, someday.  Have a good one ladies-

Offline Blessed1974

• Time waits for no one so don't dream life live it!
Good afternoon Ladies :)

I just wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone.  Since I've had the baby I've been learning the art of typing with one hand, (LOL).  Just to catch everyone up all is well with me.  I am finally starting to feel like myself again after the c-section and thru some kind of miracle have actually already gotten back down to my pre-pregnancy weight!!! The baby is growing like a weed and finally allowing me some sleep.  Since I've had the baby I've started taking some classes online with the hopes of completing at least my associates degree this year.  I also have an appointment to see about re-starting nursing school tomorrow.  I know it sounds like a lot but before I got pregnant this last time I was working 40+ hours a week, going to school full-time and managing to make sure the kids ate a real meal everynight.

Minismom- I love to crochet too.  I would love to get any websites for patterns.  I had seen this crocheted dress once in a bridal magazine that took my breath away.  I usually only make scarfs, blankets, hats and pretty basic things but I would love to expand.

Netta-I saw that you have locks.  My twins and I have been locking for a couple years.  Have you ever heard of or used Black Earth products?  I heard that they were really good but I wanted some feedback from someone with first hand experience.

Has anyone heard from Nygurl lately?  I was wondering how she was getting along with the baby.

I'll try not to be such a stranger ;)
Dee

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
Jeez Queen,
Instinct says not to believe this lady you talked to on her word alone. I'd investigate. Try contacting the person who added you to fanbox if you can. See if they respond and if they do is the response similar to Boo's.
Boo might have passed away but with his history of drama and the hitbox irregularity I'd want proof before I really believed he was dead.

Good luck and protect that heart.

Wendy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Blessed, thanks for checking in with us.  We were all wondering about you and the little one.  And good for you for trying to complete your associate's.  It speaks volumes about your character. 

Offline minismom

It's late, but wanted to pop in and check on everyone.  Today was busy and I'm finally getting to sit down and put my feet up. 

Blessed, I crocheted #6's dress she wore today.  I'll have to post the pictures as soon as hubby downloads them.  I'll PM you the free pattern websites.  I crochet things and bring them to the peds ward of the hospital.  They are always needing blankets, hats, "lovies", ect. to give out to patients.

Sorry that this is going to be so short, but I'm so tired that I'm starting to fall asleep.  I'll pop in tomorrow and tell you all about our adventure with #2 today.  I sware that child's brain runs in reverse.  More tomorrow...

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
Blessed, you're my hero (seriously). Bless you & your little ones.  :-*

Offline TreDai

• Miss Ohio Plus America 2008
    • my website
How is everyone doing? :) :D ;D
"Our people die because of a lack of knowledge"
 Miss Ohio Plus America 2008

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.