Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:07:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 212
Total: 215

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 6 almost 7 months later and I can say this..  (Read 4823 times)

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
6 almost 7 months later and I can say this..
« on: July 02, 2010, 08:48:17 am »
I'm happy again =).

Barely do I think about the fact anymore that I am even poz, except for when I take my meds.  In fact I find lately that I have more energy then ever. I'm even opening my own consignment business (It's done mostly online and thru flea markets until I can afford the store space)

I don't think about "omg how much time do I have left?" Instead I make plans for the future once again,  When I first came out and told literally 100's people.  they all treated me different, my friends after a couple of months of support fell off the earth. Now suddenly, everyone's back. No one treats me like I'm sick or different anymore. 

I cut my arm pretty bad yesterday looked down and there was just blood everywhere.  My friend was over with her kids. She didnt freak out when her daughter came near me. Even though I told the little girl to step back.  The situation went a lot smoother then I thought it would. I stopped the bleeding and that was it.

Before I got HIV I was a really reclusive person and now I find myself going out a lot, even got myself a van.  I'm loving life and has terrible as HIV is..I don't think I would be enjoying life as much as I am now had I never got it.  nor would I have realized how miserable I was before. and while HIV isn't a good thing to have, it'sg given a little something back to me.
April 2006 - Sero-Conversion
December 2009 - Diagnosed
Jan 2010- VL 3,800 CD4 152
Summer 2010 VL UD, CD4 over 200
September 2010 VL UD, CD4 324
March 2011 VL UD, CD4 477
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
Re: 6 almost 7 months later and I can say this..
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 08:53:11 am »
Glad to hear it Ravhyn I was just talking about you in another thread to a newer member.  I was wondering what you had gotten up to in the last couple months cause I hadn't seen you around.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2010, 08:56:57 am »
Hi Ravhyn ... Did you go on that vacation yet ? and congrats on your new business venture .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:59:47 am »
Been very busy =) with the business starting up my entire living room right now is covered in stuff for this week-ends yardsale lol.  I woke up this morning though, and the first thing that came to my mind was coming on here and seeing how people's were doing and letting everyone know I haven't fallen off the face of the earth.  

jg ahh, the vacations...looks like we have a year and a half  ahead of us.  gotta wait until my husband comes back from his deployment.  But I think I've got most of the trip planned out lol. 
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline HippieLady

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 09:33:51 am »
Hi Ravhyn,

Best of luck on the new business venture!  Going to yardsales, auction and the like is a lot of fun.  It'll be so exciting once you open your new store too....I know it's a ways off but something to shoot for.  I've always wanted to own my own cafe.  It's a dream both my mother and I share.

Good luck again!
~Katie~
Diagnosed HIV+ April 30, 2010

Current CD4-638  VL-UD  11/2013

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 09:38:17 am »
Ravhyn, I recall when you first appeared on these forums that's you'd pull through quite well, and I'm so heartened to read your post.  And HIV diagnosis is certainly a big challenge, but life does go on and a defeatist attitude serves no purpose.  Thanks for this post.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline john33

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 09:43:58 am »
Rav,
I'm so pleased to hear your doing more than well.

You Go Girl!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2010, 09:44:46 am »
Hippie you should go for it! =) my mom is a co-owner with the consignment business, and I think it makes it twice as special sharing that with her.

Miss Philicia, thank you =) I think a big part of making it thru those first months was all of you.  If I didn't have this forum and you guys I would have probable been a wreck. I wouldn't know half of what I know now.  and I wouldn't have been able to see the courage and drive that keep's all of you going.  In my eyes all of you here are my heroes.  Many of you have made it thru times of bad drugs, bad healthcare and the stigma that comes with being poz especially back in earlier decades.   You guys made it thru and that really gave me a lot of strength and belief that it will be okay and I'll make it.

John

ty =)
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline john33

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2010, 09:48:00 am »
John

ty =)

Sorry Rav what's ty???

John (who's suspecting he's going to have to learn american slang)

Offline Ravhyn

• Nerd Alert
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 10:01:50 am »
LOL Ty = Thank you =) Internet Slang

and its time for me to bounce my dad is here to collect me for my husbands graduation ceremony for NCO school take care you guys!
May 2011 VL UD, 338

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 10:04:07 am »
I'm happy again =).

Barely do I think about the fact anymore that I am even poz, except for when I take my meds. 

YES! Isn't it a great feeling! Glad you're there!

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 10:33:43 am »
Ravhyn,

So glad to hear that you are doing well!

Best.
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 11:33:23 am »

Glad everythings coming together for you Rav!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
    • Psychic AwakeningSchool.com
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 01:31:39 pm »
Congratulations!  Isn't it great when we finally get to that point.  Best of luck on your new business venture.

There will be many new first in your life and this is just the beginning.

Again, congrats!
Part of my story: "Sale Of A Lifetime" POZ December 2003
https://www.poz.com/article/Sale-of-a-Lifetime-752-6797

Started on Truvada and Viramune on 2/15/07

Jan 8, 2007   t-cells 215  Viral Load 10,000  24%
March 26'th  T-cells 306   Viral Load  UNDETECTABLE
June 2007 t-cells 375 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE
August 2007 t-cells 290 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE

Love and Light and Reiki sent your way,
Rev. Michae

Offline max123

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 08:59:26 pm »
hi ravhyn,

a really uplifting post. congrats & thanks for sharing.

max
1/86 - 6/08 (annually): neg elisa
7/09: pos elisa/pos wb
8/09: cd4 560, cd4% 35, vl 13,050
12/09: cd4 568, cd4% 33, vl 2,690
4/10: cd4 557, cd4% 29.3, vl 6,440
7/10: cd4 562, cd4% 29.6, vl 3,780

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 06:10:58 am »
Heartwarming and hopeful news for us all. Bravo to you
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline hjeffs

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 10:57:58 am »
5 years later for me and I can relate with what you say. My saying is that I am HIV+ but it is not what defines who I am! I take 11 pills a day and that is also the time I most think about what I have, once again...not who I am. I actually have a ritual of placing my medication out in daily pill containers and have gotten into the habit of a prayer of sorts that find gratitude and blessings for the support of my body and my life.
It is funny how some of the most difficult times in my life, and some are around being diagnosed, have turned out to create some great wisdom for me. My life is now, the care I give myself, and the attention I have for others creates what my future can be.
Blessings on you and keep up the good work. I know that part of me is to remember my past and the results of my HIV+ but to not create resentment or fear out of this experience but to come away with understanding and wisdom. Good luck to you and keep working on yourself.

Jeff

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 11:24:29 pm »
Rave,

From day one I somehow knew that you'd be fine, and that it wouldn't take long for this state of mind to arrive.  I'm glad that you shared this post with the "team"; the newly diagnosed always need to see that there is life after HIV.

Hugs :)
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2010, 12:32:46 am »
I'm so glad to hear you're doing well.  I often think I actually felt better physically and mentally after just 4 days of Sustiva and after it got my CD4 over 1,000 and vl ud.  I think about that a lot when considering when to start meds.  It sounds like they've given you more energy than you've had in a very long time. 

I'm getting to where I don't think about being poz as much, but I still think about it a lot.  I use to wake up and have a moment of feeling like the old me and then remembered I have this virus within about 2 mins.  I've noticed lately I will still think about HIV when I first wake up, but in a different way.  I will wake up thinking about something funny or meaningful someone said on here. 

Wishing ya all the best on the new business!   

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 04:58:48 am »
Rayhyn,
congrats man. Way to go. I'm Glad for you, and thanks for sharing this great news.
Jeff
Positive since 1985

Offline buca45

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 11:37:05 am »
WOW!!
It was a real pleasure to sign in and read such a wonderful post, esp from someone so new to their seroconversion.
I have seen over the years that the power of positive thinking does indeed play a huge role in how we feel both emotionally and physically. For you to feel this positive so early means you will remain healthy and happy for years to come.....GOOD FOR YOU!!
I remember when I first converted. I went through all of the steps of grief, *denial  *anger  * bargaining  *depression  *acceptance. The first step was a year long one during which I drank and drugged myself iinto oblivion. Whenever I thought of what I would experience, Johnnie Walker came and sat with me for hours! I isolated myself and refused to talk to anyone, doctors included.

I could go on and on about this as I think deep inside I still have a lot of thoughts about not being able to accept myself. It has put me on an emotional roller coaster and this ride doesn't seem to have an ending to it. At present I am going through some very trying times. SO many issues that seemingly have no chance of resolving themselves.
But I am not going to focus on the bad today as to do so would mean losing this great feeling you gave me.
Your post has really...REALLY had such a positive impact on me! And for that, I thank you!!
"Love and Laughter and Happiness Ever After"

Offline peteb

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 01:28:21 pm »
Hi I am glad things are coming together
hugs
Pete

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.