Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:00:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773225
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 609
Total: 610

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: CO-PAY ASSISTANCE FOR INSURED PATIENTS  (Read 8191 times)

Offline cityboy

CO-PAY ASSISTANCE FOR INSURED PATIENTS
« on: November 07, 2013, 08:00:26 am »
I found out just recently that there is Co-Pay Assistance for the Meds I take(Reyataz, Norvir and Truvada) and probably for others.  You can get the information by googling your med or drug manufacturer's name and  co-pay assistance.    Unfortunately my doctor never told me about this from the start of my taking meds so much money was spent unnecessarily.   The Co-pay can be handled as a reimbursement to you if you use an on-line mail order pharmacy (they will not take the co-pay assistance directly) or if you go to the drug store, they should be able to take the copay assistance information and save you the step of reimbursement. 

Offline emeraldize

Re: CO-PAY ASSISTANCE FOR INSURED PATIENTS
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 08:19:10 am »
As many times as this has been posted here it never hurts to keep bringing it up. No one on my medical team, including the team's pharmacist told me or other insured's of co-pay assistance. I learned it on this site!

Talk about leaving money on the table! The pharmaceutical companies offer this fantastic program and providers don't even mention it to patients.

Thanks for posting this. It's easy to sign up and a gesture from Pharma for which I am most grateful.

Offline cityboy

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 08:28:55 am »
Spent so much money on co-pays unnecessarily.  Mentioned to my ID Doctor on the last appointment that he should mention this to new patients

Offline marcmoral16

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2013, 12:03:05 pm »
Yeah I found out through my own research.

Compilers and Stribild have Co-pay assistance programs that are very easy to get. Takes away my $40 co-pay which gives me money for my medical bills. I encourage everyone if your not on ANY government programs (Medicaid, Medicare, VA benefits) go do your research.
Tested Positive Jan 16 2013
CD4 119 6% VL 23980
Started Complera Feb 2013
March CD4 199 9% VL 1000
May CD4 255 12% VL 334
June CD4 284 15% VL 172
Switched to Stribild middle June 2013
July CD4 325 22% VL 51
October CD4 341 23% VL UD!!
Jan 2014 CD4 343 20% VL <20
July 2014 CD4 450 26% VL <20
December 2014 491 26% still UD!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2013, 05:01:20 pm »
At the ASO I work at, we often have co-pay assistance cards we give to people.  So, people could also check this option out.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2013, 03:28:46 pm »
Thank you so much for this thread.  I have been paying copays for my meds for the past five years.  My copays for Stribild are currently $90 a month, but I've paid up to $120 a month when I was on other medications..  I checked out the copay program and it was so easy to sign up.  I can't believe my neither my doctors nor my pharmacists mentioned this to me. 
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2013, 03:37:11 pm »
Isn't it frustrating not to have known? Funny thing is there are pharmacists, social workers and doctors all along the chain of care who are not helping people know this is available. They're supposed to be in the know and passing the know on.

Tell anyone who might benefit including the aforementioned.

Offline thomasgrn

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »
I just found out about this assistance a few days ago. I am in the process of getting forms filled out by my Dr and Pharmacist. I hope it is as easy as it sounds.
6-6-2017
CD4 Count 1303   VL Undetectable

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2015, 03:44:44 pm »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline thomasgrn

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2015, 05:01:38 pm »
We're Sorry

Unfortunately, you are not eligible at this time. Based on the information that you provided, you do not meet the eligibility requirements for this offer. If you have any questions or would like to speak with a representative, please call 1-888-281-8981.

thanks anyway
6-6-2017

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2015, 05:22:17 pm »
You should still call and check with a live assistant on Monday.  The things that would make you ineligible generally are based on the insurance you may have.  If you are on Medicare or Medicaid, you are not eligible, or if you have insurance as a veteran (publicly funded insurance), you are ineligible, or some other insurances that may be funded by taxpayer assistance.  Why does the automated response say you are ineligible?  Do you have publicly funded insurance?  The criteria should be on the link I provided. 

HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline thomasgrn

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2015, 05:38:31 pm »
I have private insurance from the healthcare market place. I pay over six hundred a month. Thought maybe I could get help paying for the co pay, but I guess not. no big deal, I can afford to spend fourty dollars for atripa ever month.
6-6-2017

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »
You should call them Monday morning, anyway, and speak with a representative and tell him or her you have private insurance through an ADA exchange.  By publicly funded, they really mean Medicare, Medicaid, or Department of Defense insurance (that pay for most of the meds).  You have nothing to lose and may save $480 a year in co-pays.  Maybe someone else in the forums, who has insurance through an ADA exchange, can advise you and tell you if he or she is eligible for co-pay assistance cards.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline thomasgrn

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2015, 10:29:19 pm »
yeah I will call them at work.

I am being denied for almost everything. I am pretty sure it is because I make a six digit salary.

dialysis is really started to get to me, both physically and mentally, but at least I have the mental part worked out...there are pills for that now.
6-6-2017

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2015, 11:38:40 pm »
Co-pay assistance cards have no income restrictions, so you won't be rejected because you make too much.  It depends only on the insurance you have: one is rejected if one has Medicaid, Medicare, or Tricare paying for prescriptions (and some other publicly funded insurances).  However, I'm not sure if subsidies (public funding) for ADA insurance will cause you to be rejected, but if you make six figures, you're probably not getting a subsidy.  Before you call, review the information on the link I provided.  Make sure that you explain that the insurance you have is private insurance, even if you got it through an exchange.  Good luck.

In regard to your kidney problems, in addition to your application for SSDI (SSDI takes kidney problems very seriously), check with your HR where you work to see if there is any company-based disability to which you are eligible (independent of SSDI).

I wish you well in dealing with your health problems.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 06:53:43 am »
EDIT:  Meant ACA (Affordable Care Act) not ADA in prior posts!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.