Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:53:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 237
Total: 237

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I'm Tired Of This Shit.  (Read 33357 times)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
I'm Tired Of This Shit.
« on: October 15, 2007, 08:56:47 pm »
This is nothing but a rant thread.  In the scope of things, I realize it's not that bad...but I am still oh-so-fatigued with my near constant attachment to the damn toilet sometimes. 

Tired of the endless swallowing of Immodium (that may or may not always work).

Tired of the sudden (and sometimes damn near unstoppable) potty panics that ALWAYS seem to present themselves at the worst possible places and times.

Tired of having my crapper ending up looking like some Jackson Pollock installation at the local art museum.

OK.  I know to appreciate that I'm still alive and "hail to the meds" and all that...

But damn.

>:(

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline whizzer

Re: I'm Tired Of This Shit.
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 09:06:55 pm »
Have you thought about swapping out the special K for a more poop-friendly PI?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 09:08:24 pm »
Whizzles has a point, YPT.

Atazanavir/Norvir is a poop friendly combo.

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 09:11:06 pm »
Have you thought about swapping out the special K for a more poop-friendly PI?

Yes, I have...though I was not really all that sure that there WAS a more poop-friendly PI.  I've heard some gripes from folks on several of them, though I admit that the K has an even nastier reputation for it than some.  Thing is, the combo has been working- and working well overall.  Part of me wants to ride that train as long is it runs.  

Yet at the same time, it's the runs that are killing me.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline ademas

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 09:28:11 pm »
I hear you loud & clear, pal.
It's been so long now that it just seems normal,
and I forget that the rest of the world doesn't spend the better part of the first couple of hours of each day on the crapper.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 09:30:08 pm »
Sorry to hear you have been worshipping the porcelain god, Thunter Bunny. I hope you are using some soft tissue for the sore bottom. Maybe you should consider what Matty and Whiz suggested.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 09:36:27 pm »
Also, if your parts are getting sore and irritated, try putting some neosporin or bacitracin around the heavily trafficed areas to minimize wear and tear, Hunter. Lubing for pooping so to speak.

Even better, ask some good buddy to do it for you?

Andy Velez

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 09:40:27 pm »
How much imodium are you taking?  Do you take it regularly with each morning and evening dose of Kaletra?  I'd suggest trying Pancrecarb if it's on your state ADAP in addition to imodium.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline milker

• Protected phone sex
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 09:41:32 pm »
And give us the link to the torrent :)

I hope you get better soon, my friend.

Luv,

Milker.
mid-dec: stupid ass
mid-jan: seroconversion
mid-feb: poz
mar 07: cd4 432 (35%) vl 54000
may 07: cd4 399 (28%) vl 27760
jul 07: cd4 403 (26%) vl 99241
oct 07: cd4 353 (24%) vl 29993
jan 08: cd4 332 (26%) vl 33308
mar 08: cd4 392 (23%) vl 75548
jun 08: cd4 325 (27%) vl 45880
oct 08: cd4 197 (20%) vl 154000 <== aids diagnosis
nov 2 08 start Atripla
nov 30 08: cd4 478 (23%) vl 1880 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
feb 19 09: cd4 398 (24%) vl 430 getting there!
apr 23 09: cd4 604 (29%) vl 50 woohoo :D :D
jul 30 09: cd4 512 (29%) vl undetectable :D :D
may 27 10: cd4 655 (32%) vl undetectable :D :D

Now accepting applications from blowjob ninjas™

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 10:34:36 pm »
Darlin Tim,

Special K is world renowned for its poop inducements. I know someone who just made the switch from Kaletra to the Reyataz/Norvir combo.

For the first time in quite some time, she is now able to keep a schedule and eat normally without fear it was all going to come out when least expected.

Trading straight across, pardon the expression, should not cause any resistance problems or alleviate your ability to go back on Kaletra should you ever decide to.

Think about it sweetie. Staying alive is great, but its even better when you actually are enjoying life too.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Robert

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 10:53:54 pm »
HI timmy.

I started out on Kaletra and combivir and it was positively, without  a doubt,  the   worst regimen I have ever had IN MY LIFE.  The runs was only one of the problems I had with it.  It's like the pill version of Psycho.

Of course doctors are a stubborn lot and don't like change.  It took a lot of talking from  me and my brothers to get her to change it.  Now I'm on Truvada,  Reyataz and Norvir.  Life is good (sorta).  I'm sitting pretty at 500+ t-cells (36%).

Give it a shot.  In the meantime just try to take care of your pretty self.

robert

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 10:57:44 pm »
Darlin Tim,

Special K is world renowned for its poop inducements. I know someone who just made the switch from Kaletra to the Reyataz/Norvir combo.

For the first time in quite some time, she is now able to keep a schedule and eat normally without fear it was all going to come out when least expected.

Trading straight across, pardon the expression, should not cause any resistance problems or alleviate your ability to go back on Kaletra should you ever decide to.

Think about it sweetie. Staying alive is great, but its even better when you actually are enjoying life too.

HUGS,

Mark

Mark,

One of my other concerns is the initial sickness of starting a new medication.  To put it straight out there:  I went through some serious hell getting adjusted to this combo originally.  Took months to get used to it & I was "can't even sit upright" sick for weeks of that.  I wondered if I would have to go throught that same kind of adjustment hell from making any switch- and what it might be like also if I have to switch back.  Something about your phrasing "trading straight across" sets me at ease a bit.

Mind you, I'm taking all these suggestions quite seriously.  I'm not trying to nix any of them.  I'm just going ahead and laying all my concerns right on out here.  I appreciate the responses, folks.  Thanks.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 10:58:40 pm »
Also, if your parts are getting sore and irritated, try putting some neosporin or bacitracin around the heavily trafficed areas to minimize wear and tear, Hunter. Lubing for pooping so to speak.

Somehow it loses a bit of its romantic lustre when put in such a context.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 11:00:42 pm »
Timmy,

The most common side effect from Atazanavir (Reyetaz) is turning yellow for a couple of weeks. Outside of that it's pretty good. Even when boosted with Norvir. It's potent stuff in terms of viral suppression.

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 11:07:42 pm »
Timmy,

The most common side effect from Atazanavir (Reyetaz) is turning yellow for a couple of weeks. Outside of that it's pretty good. Even when boosted with Norvir. It's potent stuff in terms of viral suppression.

MtD

Rich seems to be handling it OK, so I'll consider it.   ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline aztecan

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 11:12:17 pm »
Hey Tim,

I switched from Crixivan to Sustiva (the drug from hell in my case) then to Reyataz/Norvir. I never experienced any side effects from it.

No nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, etc., nor did I turn yellow.

The young woman I mentioned in my earlier post also reports she did not suffer any side effects from Reyataz/Norvir. It was she who switched from Kaletra.

By switching "straight across," I mean one PI for another. I have not heard of people having many problems with Reyataz/Norvir. I believe our Jan did indeed turn yellow, but I don't know if she suffered any other problems. She had been off meds for quite a while before starting, but she seemed to be doing fine in SF.

I wish I could guarantee you would have no problems, but we both know I can't. But I have not run into anyone who has had any real problems with Reyataz/Norvir as yet.

Hang in there young one. Have a chat with your doc and see what he'/she says.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 11:18:50 pm »
How much imodium are you taking?  Do you take it regularly with each morning and evening dose of Kaletra?  I'd suggest trying Pancrecarb if it's on your state ADAP in addition to imodium.

Philly is right about the Pancrecarb.  I started having these same issues myself and mentioned it to my doctor.  He said that a few years of HIV can make the villi in your small intestines flat which causes your body to not absorb sugars quickly.  When sugars sit around your intestines for too long they feed all the bad bacteria that your body tries to wash away with diarrhea. 

For me the problem was solved by Pancrecarb AND some Lactaid (dairy sugars are particularly bad).  I'd highly recommend checking into something that helps you digest better.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 11:21:35 pm »
Thanks, Mark.  The explanation of "straight across" helped a lot.  I'm seriously gonna have this discussion with my doctor on my next visit (which is the first week of November, so only a couple of weeks away).

And that goes to all you folks...thanks for taking the time to talk shit with me.

;)

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 11:26:30 pm »
Philly is right about the Pancrecarb. 

don't sweat it honey... thunterwhore has me on "ignore"

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 11:40:05 pm »
Then it's agreed. Youth Pastor Tim will change his combo as of tomorrow.

:)

MtD

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 11:42:51 pm »
don't sweat it honey... thunterwhore has me on "ignore"

Never!  You've proven yourself too good a resource for net flesh for that.

Not to mention tea.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 11:43:11 pm »
Dear god(dess) man!  Switch.  You can always go back to it.  I now only poop once a day and it is nice and firm, plus my triglycerides are back at a normal level.  You deserve a break and all that immodium cannot be good for you!
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 11:49:13 pm »
d all that immodium cannot be good for you!

Oh please Mary clutch the pearls.  I've been popping imodium for over a decade twice a day. 

Offline aztecan

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2007, 12:11:17 am »
Oh please Mary clutch the pearls.  I've been popping imodium for over a decade twice a day. 

Wouldn't a large cork be easier - and less expensive?

Immodium isn't on the formulary here. Neither is Pancrecarb, so you better be ready to shell out the sheckles, honey.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2007, 12:18:12 am »
Wouldn't a large cork be easier - and less expensive?

Immodium isn't on the formulary here. Neither is Pancrecarb, so you better be ready to shell out the sheckles, honey.

Same here.  I have to shell out for the never ending Immodium.  Doubt the other is available either.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Londonguy

« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 12:20:18 am »
I can totally sympathise.  Having been on kaletra for about 4 months I'm still getting the shits all the time.  The first morning after I took it I threw up and I was immediately concerned that it would give me constant nausea but it never has.   It does however turn my crap to liquid all the damn time unless I take immodium.  I've been trying to cut back on immodium because it has made me very very bloated and constipated in the past, but it's a tough balancing act.  And when your arse feels a bit sore neither a torrent of liquid nor an incredibly solid bit of crap helps the matter.  And lets not even get into the anxiety I feel if I want to be passive during sex  ::)

It's unfortunate because apart from this my combo has been fine but it's quite a big annoyance.  I would look at switching but norvir has to be kept in the fridge and because of where I live I couldn't really do that so....it pretty much looks like I'm stuck with the kaletra because it's the only PI whcih is combined with the norvir. It's a shame no other PIs are like that.  I'll look at trying this pancrecarb stuff I guess.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 12:23:00 am »
It's not my fault that you people live in sucky states with insufficient ADAP formularies.  Have you tried holding a sign up in front of the governor's mansion that says "AIDS TURNS MY INNARDS OUT AND YOU DON'T CARE"

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 12:38:36 am »
 And when your arse feels a bit sore neither a torrent of liquid nor an incredibly solid bit of crap helps the matter.  And lets not even get into the anxiety I feel if I want to be passive during sex  ::)

Dunno about all that, London.  There are times that I have such bouts with this that I'm downright proud once I finally pass a solid poo. 

I am with you on the latter part quoted.  "Inconvenient" doesn't even begin to describe it.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline SouthSam7

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:59 am »
If you have high cholesterol, they can put you on a statin that will knot you up for sure.  I haven't had to take imodium in a year.

Peace and good luck.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 12:50:47 am »
If you have high cholesterol, they can put you on a statin that will knot you up for sure.  I haven't had to take imodium in a year.

Peace and good luck.

Not so for me.  I am on Crestor, but still gets the drips. 

By the by...thank heaven for laptops.  All this time spent on the toilet this evening, and you guys have really been there for me.

And with me.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2007, 12:59:08 am »
Have you tried heroin?  It works quite well too.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2007, 01:04:47 am »
Have you tried heroin?  It works quite well too.

I'm more the crack and crystal sort.   ;)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2007, 01:15:31 am »
I'm more the crack and crystal sort.   ;)

Then you'll just have to suffer.  Don't say I didn't try to help you.

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 01:52:55 am »
I had nausea bouts after most dosings on Kaletra. Dealt with it as just par for the course and did what I had to do, but then I switched docs and he insisted on a switch and glad I did. I'd definitely consider lookimg into the other PIs. Good luck...

"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 01:56:50 am »
I'm definitely considering it.  Despite philly's advice, smack just isn't in my budget these days, nor is it on the ADAP formulary.  So a regimen change seems like the best route.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 02:12:23 am »
Damn, we even have Laudanum (tincture of opium) on ADAP up here.  You folks are being dreadfully short changed.

What IS on your ADAP formulary anyway? 

Offline fearless

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 03:21:37 am »
Timmy, poor Timmy.

Even over the counter medications that contain codeine help with the Kaletra squirts. I can't stomach imodium so just pop painkillers with codeine for a day or so before I know that I need to go out and be a good clean bottom  ;D
Bananas and cheese work for me too.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 03:42:26 am »
Thanks for this thread, my choice now is between Kaletra and atazanavir. I think I'll go with the yellow  :-\

Hope it gets better or you make it go away
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline Cerrid

• only as good as your last haircut
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 05:14:37 am »
Timmy,

I can totally empathize with your bowel issues. I've been taking Kaletra myself for a year now and, while it's very effective, I encounter the same side effect. Changes in my diet (more rice and bananas, less fat and milk) caused some improvement but it's still a slippery and sometimes unpredictable business.

I tried Pancrecarb but it didn't help, in fact I had the impression it worsened the condition. What works better is a stuff called Cholestobran, an oat bran preparation which can be taken with the pills. It contains lots of soluble fibers and pectines which absorb excess water and make a more solid poop. It's not the perfect solution, but makes it somewhat manageable. Cholestobran is cheap but I'm not sure if you can buy it in the US. There's probably something equivalent on your shelves.

However, I've been thinking about switching to another PI as well but I'm a bit afraid of going yellow from Reyataz. Are there any experiences with boostered Prezista or Lexiva as far as diarrheas and blood lipid levels are concerned?

"Boredom is always counterrevolutionary. Always." (Guy Debord)

Offline BassMan

• Gran Canaria 2006
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 05:35:04 am »
Cerrid

I've been taking boosted fosamprenavir (Lexiva, or Telzir as it's called over here) since June 2005. I have only very slight issues with "the trots;" if it happens, it's usually about an hour to 90 minutes or so after taking the meds, so it's predictable and therefore much easier to control. I have loperamide (imodium) on standby but rarely need to use it. My lipids are also excellent. I should point out I take it once daily, boosted with 200mg of ritonavir (Norvir) though I'm going to discuss dropping this to 100mg with my consultant.

I've tried Reyataz (atazanavir) and found no issues with diarrhea, sickness or yellowness; I only came off it because of very slight resistance caused by a polymorphism.

Of course what's sauce for the goose isn't necessarily sauce for the gander, so I guess you'd have to suck it and see.

Hope this helps.

Carl
Manchester, UK
Diagnosed December 2002
CD4 810 VL 750,000

Started meds October 2004
CD4 405 VL >100,000

Latest Results: October 2009
CD4 888 38%, VL undetectable
on fosamprenavir/ritonavir & Truvada

VL undetectable since November 2005

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2007, 08:47:28 am »
Then it's agreed. Youth Pastor Tim will change his combo as of tomorrow.

:)

MtD

as if it would move that fast.  i wonder about the differences in our health systems sometimes. i know doxie will get this...but if i intend to change, i will have to first discuss it with my doc during my regularly scheduled appointment in two weeks.  if he is in line with it, i will then have to have an appointment to speak with the "meds nurse" about the new drug.  never mind that i already know more from this thread than she is going to tell me about it.  it's part of the procedure and nothing will go until i plant my ass in her office.  once i do that, the change can go as soon as i get back from her and then get the official scrip from him...most likely on my NEXT doctor visit (say, three months from now).  this sort of thing only gets speeded up if you are having a severe allergic type reaction to your meds and if your t cells are in free fall. 

i'm gonna address this with my doc, but i expect to be planted on the potty for some days to come.  though just not right now.  the immodium has kicked in, so i'm now in cork phase. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2007, 08:52:23 am »
Deal with it Timmy boy. We all have to do this at least two or three times a day. I have come to the decison to just bring the tv into my bathroom for all the times I have to run to the bathroom. They should supply anyone that is living with HIV a supply of toliet paper. :-*

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2007, 09:04:22 am »
Deal with it Timmy boy. We all have to do this at least two or three times a day. I have come to the decison to just bring the tv into my bathroom for all the times I have to run to the bathroom. They should supply anyone that is living with HIV a supply of toliet paper. :-*

yeah, i found myself laughing at Sheryl Crowe yesterday quite a bit.  i think by her estimation, i used about 2 year's worth of toilet paper.   ::)

and like i said above...that's why i'm thankful for my laptop.  i can poo and tenderly reach out to all of you at the same time. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2007, 09:06:18 am »
Well it will not be called a laptop anymore it will officially be called the shittop. LOL :-*

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2007, 09:15:22 am »

Craptop

Offline David_CA

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2007, 10:36:35 am »
We all have to do this at least two or three times a day.

We (hubby and I) have no problems with the runs.  I guess we're just lucky, so far.  I sure hope Atripla keeps working for us.  However, that's not to say I don't appreciate the portability of a notebook pc anyway!

I'm assuming it's just the Kaletra causing your problems.  Is this common with all PI's?  Years ago, I'd take Lomotil http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lomotil.  It's by prescription only, and I'm not sure if it's available to you, but if so, it works like a champ.  I had to be careful and make sure I really had the runs prior to taking it, else I'd be stopped up for days.  It sounds like it might be the ticket for you. 

David
Black Friday 03-03-2006
03-23-06 CD4 359 @27.4% VL 75,938
06-01-06 CD4 462 @24.3% VL > 100,000
08-15-06 CD4 388 @22.8% VL >  "
10-21-06 CD4 285 @21.9% VL >  "
  Atripla started 12-01-2006
01-08-07 CD4 429 @26.8% VL 1872!
05-08-07 CD4 478 @28.1% VL 740
08-03-07 CD4 509 @31.8% VL 370
11-06-07 CD4 570 @30.0% VL 140
02-21-08 CD4 648 @32.4% VL 600
05-19-08 CD4 695 @33.1% VL < 48 undetectable!
08-21-08 CD4 725 @34.5%
11-11-08 CD4 672 @39.5%
02-11-09 CD4 773 @36.8%
05-11-09 CD4 615 @36.2%
08-19-09 CD4 770 @38.5%
11-19-09 CD4 944 @33.7%
02-17-10 CD4 678 @39.9%  
06-03-10 CD4 768 @34.9%
09-21-10 CD4 685 @40.3%
01-10-11 CD4 908 @36.3%
05-23-11 CD4 846 @36.8% VL 80
02-13-12 CD4 911 @41.4% VL<20
You must be the change you want to see in the world.  Mahatma Gandhi

Offline catwoman

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2007, 01:03:47 pm »
I've been taking Kaletra for a year and 9 months.  It does run your belly but over time it has gotten much better.  I do notice, when I really start having problems, I realize I haven't been eating as much yogurt.  I truly believe making sure your acidophilus population in your gut is high helps.  I eat more yogurt or drink kefir and my bowels return to normal.  Try it.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2007, 01:26:12 pm »
Sweet Tim, if Pancrecarb is on the list of approved meds in Georgia, do give it a try. It's worth it. After a month of Pancrecarb dosing, I now can handle a missed dosage with no problems. I just notice this today. I had missed my dosages yesterday and had no problems this morning. Of course, I did take my morning dose.
Sound too good to be true, doesn't it?
But the shit works.  ;D

Mike

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2007, 01:36:13 pm »
Timtation~

I have been reading this thread and wish I could help you!  I remember taking the PIs (Fortovase 18 pills per day) for 6 years.  I eventually complained to my doc about trips to the potty.  I started taking 1 Imodium every morning and suddenly I could hear angels singing!  It was an overnight success!  LOL  I'm so sorry that Imodium hasn't done the trick for you in this case.  I guess the "K" really is more "special" than I know!

Have you been buying generic (i.e. Target or Walmart brand) anti-diarrheals?  The price is much cheaper and it works great.  I just discovered the other day that Walmart actually has a bottle of their brand, 48 pills, NO bubble foil pack thingies to tear open.  I hate those things!

As for the long wait to see the meds nurse and eventually get your new script, months down the road, have you been dehydrated, run down, even losing weight?  Tell them this on the phone and ask to be seen SOON!  Squeaky wheel gets the grease!  I finally got through to my doc's office today, wanting to be seen for a cough.  This is my primary, a general practitioner.  I told the receptionist right off the bat that I was on insulin as well as HIV+, and wouldn't you know it?  They are seeing me today at 3pm!

If the squirts are causing such trouble and then some (dehydration, fatigue, weight loss) then there's no reason why you can't get your ass (no pun intended) in to see the doc sooner!  I am like you, I don't want to change a regimen if my counts are good, but this is compromising your lifestyle a bit too much, even after you've tried to handle things with Imodium.  Its just not working for you like you want it to.  I also was relieved to see that moving "straight across" in the same med category for a switch wouldn't be so detrimental, if I read that correctly.  

Lord knows I want you to be able to hear angels sing, that first morning when you wake up and have success on the shitter!  I really hope this all works out soon for you!  Maybe pick up the phone and call your doc?  It can't hurt, and its better than waiting.

~Cindy   :-*
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 01:42:53 pm »
*1* immodium?  Child please... try taking 10 of them every day for years.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.