Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:47:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773290
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 697
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!!  (Read 7287 times)

Offline zezo

• Standard
I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!!
« on: September 08, 2014, 06:13:43 pm »
Hi there guys, I've been reading a lot on this form and allow me to say goodjob!! seriously i really appreciate what you are all doing *thumbs up*.
moving on to my lovely story, i'm a 24 years old guy who one day decided to call a hooker for the first time to get some good time(i wish i died before doing that)
so i shaved my testicles and public area about 1 hour b4 the sex act and had a few razor cuts which kept bleeding for quite some time. she came over and I had a full body oil massage then she put a condom on me and started doing oral on me then she asked me if I wanna F her and i said no(obviously i wasnt strict enough) but she climbed on me and once i got inside of her i couldn't really pull out.
i came in a lil while and i saw that the condom didn't break and all the semen remained in(hopefully), then we went and washed up and got back for round two which was a handjob... etc etc
and just after the sex i started googling hiv and stds and didnt worry since everyone says protected sex is SAFE and forgot about the whole incident.
7 weeks after the sex i discovered a rash which was just red skin on my buttcrack and it gets redder the more it gets close to my anus(and its still there now at week 15) and hell decended on me since then.. anxiety started and i thought its an ARS symptom and 2 days after discovering it i had MOST of the ARS symptoms (or anxiety ) including: fatigue, muscle aches, 0 energy, diarrhea, the rash on my bootie ofc, painful and swollen lymph nodes in armpit and groin, noisy bowel movments, no appetite and weight loss. and some anxiety symptoms (rapid heart beat, high blood pressure, extreme chest pain on the right ribs) so i went to the ER and docs did some blood tests all came back good including HIV and HEP B and C at week 7 and a half and doc gave me some antibiotics for the rash. then at week 8 i went for a private clinic in Dubai which i definelty dont trust but its my only choice since if i get a POZ result they would throw my ass in jail untill im deported to my lovely country which having a very lovely civil war *sigh* , so at that clinic i had an elisa 4th generation test and a PCR(either proviral DNA or RNA) at week 8 which both came back negative, the next day of having my pcr result(week 9) all my symptoms went away and i forgot about this whole thing and put it right behind me even though my armpit and groin pain continued. then some new lovely symptoms showed up and reminded me that something is wrong with you boy, i had painful testicles and they became very red but the same doc i met at the ER told me its all cool and the antibiotic he gave me can kill gonorrhea if it was it causing the pain (did a urine culture and found nothing down there at the time) and i really couldn't focus on getting tested for other things since this fear of HIV controlled me(still do) but testicles issues resolved anyway. then i went to that same private clinic in Dubai (Zack medical center) and did another elisas at days 84 and 92 after the exposure.. negative result but i really just cant accept that, not with all those symptoms and lymph nodes pain and everyone who states that in some very rare cases -which I'm sure i'm one of them- it takes up to six freaking months to show up positive. CDC says that which i'm sure you all are well aware of.
today is week 15 post exposure and that painful armpits of mine will force me to go the clinic and get another test tomorrow for hiFv and the other stds i didn't check for yet.
I really need to make sure im okkay b4 going to the mandatory HIV test for the visa here which will be at month 5 after my what so called exposure.
what a deep dark hole i put myself into... i have so much on the line here and i put it all in danger just because this stupid stupid mistake, I can't even look my girlfriend in the eye anymore, I spent my my birthday surprise party a few days ago shaking at fear of HIV and thinking how much I DON'T DESERVE ALL THIS, my university started this week and can't I just can't go and attend classes anymore. I've risked everything here... being with my family, my new sports car which i hate to look at now, my nuclear engineering study and most importantly my freaking health and my freedom or life if i get deported back to my country.
now i know all of you guys will tell me i'm fine after the 3 months test but i just cant let go anymore, im suspecting everything, the window periods and the clinics results and my immune system which isn't producing the antibodies yet.
 idk if you guys can help me or not because i'm in such a mess right now but nevertheless what you guys think? 1_does the fact that i had an oil massage which included my penis can make the condom fail in protecting me even if it didnt break? 2_can i get HIV from the fresh razor cuts on my testicles and public area 3_do ARS show at week 7? 4_and if i had a late ARS then that definelty means it'll take me more time to show up POZ on the ABS test?? 5_anyone has any idea if the clinic i went to is legit or not?!?! 6_ can anyone PLEASE give me a hug?!?!!? 7_ am I a drama queen? on a more serious note though i would really appreciate if someone can answer my questions one by one and tell me guys what do think?
finally I'd really want to tell you how much this site was helpful for me- and to others ofc- and full of good infos and kickass awesome users and administrators and members. and sorry for writing too much and for any English language mistakes.
I will post tmrws test results soon and hopefully they'll be negative.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: I WANT MY LIFE BACK!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 06:26:41 pm »
A negative HIV test at 12 weeks past any unprotected anal or vaginal sex is conclusive ... not 6 months, its 3 months  . You do not have HIV and do not need to test again for this incident . You never had a risk and have tested beyond a doubt negative so you can move on now and put this behind you .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Although you did not have a risk and do not need to test for this specific incident , anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline zezo

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 06:40:51 pm »
thanks a lot for the reply Jeff but as you know anxious ppl like me won't let go very easily.... specially since studies shows that it could happen to someone to seroconvert beyond the 3 months window period, the CDC says only 97% of POZ ppl test POZ at 3 months. and there are plenty of stories about people getting HIV from protected sex    -maybe those people think the protection didn't fail and maybe i am one of them-
anywayz i'd really appreciate for some more explanation from you jeff or any other experts here,(probably you're all sick and tired of reassuring irrational ppl like me but i'd really like some answers to my questions) i just want peace of mind and just like any other person i really believe i'm one of those rare cases with special immune systems.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:02:47 pm »
A negative test at 3 months is conclusive ... if you can't accept that then its your choice to keep wasting time and resources on unneeded HIV testing . Also ... YOU NEVER HAD A RISK !

Its really simple ... no risk means no HIV and a negative test at 3 months is conclusive .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline zezo

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:40:55 am »
went for some tests today and all is negative including HIV at day 108 post exposure.
and i'm slowly winning the war vs my anxiety. I've a question tho, didn't check for HEP B today but I did 7 weeks after the exposure, should i go for another test? what's the window period for HEP B?i'm worried about it bcz of my chest pain in the right side and armpit pain tho doc told me he didn't find any swollen lymph nodes.
and Jeff, thanks a lot for the support and advices man ;)

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 01:02:48 pm »
Hepatitis shares the same testing window period as hIV ... we deal on HIV on the forum so it would probably be best to talk to your doctor if you need to follow up on that . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.