Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 06:21:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 219
Total: 219

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: So very scared  (Read 3437 times)

Offline anonymous761

• Standard
So very scared
« on: February 19, 2013, 04:17:54 pm »
Here's my story. I'm a 28 year old bisexual male. On November 11th I engaged in unprotected oral (giving and receiving) and protected anal sex (I was the bottom) with a man of unknown status (though he did say he was negative, but who knows).

On December 21st I engaged in unprotected oral sex (giving and receiving and some mild frottage) with another man, again of unknown status though I did ask again and he said he was negative. He did cum on my face and potentially some may have gotten into my eye but I don't remember it being irritate (I had my eye lids closed and then wiped it away thereafter with a towel if I remember correctly).

Since this time I've been extremely worried about HIV among other STDs. I was rapid oral tested for HIV on January 5th (negative) at a Planned Parenthood and then I took the Oraquick In-Home swab test on Febuary 13th and 15th. Additionally, I received a HIV EIA test at a local Quest Diagnostic on Febuary 14th. All came back negative.

Based on the time of these tests, I'm outside of the three month window for the first encounter (95 days or so) but the 2nd encounter is at about 55/56 days (approximately 8 weeks) post encounter.

How safe/secure am I? As you can see, I've been worried considering I'm testing like a mad man.

Offline RapidRod

Re: So very scared
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 04:42:34 pm »
You don't have an HIV concern in any of the situations you've provided. Always use condoms for anal and vaginal sex and you won't have to worry about contracting HIV.

Offline anonymous761

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 05:00:01 pm »
Even if some of the semen may have gotten in my eye?

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:36:19 pm »
Even if some of the semen may have gotten in my eye?

There really is nothing to worry about in the situation you described. If you get HIV from semen in your eye, you will be the subject of pretty intense scientific scrutiny - given how this is a rather commonplace event.

Wear a condom for anal and vaginal sex. Don't share drug-injecting needles. It really is that simple.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline anonymous761

• Standard
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 05:17:36 pm »
I'm an idiot, I hooked up with another guy I don't know about 5 weeks ago. There was oral and some intense body rubbing. He laid on top of me and pressed his penis against my ass crack and simulated sex. I don't think there was any penetration and he claimed he was tested 7 days before our encounter. He came on my stomach if that's any consolation. On monday (28 days after the encounter) I went to LabCorp and had a DNA PCR test done and an HIV1/2 EIA test done and the results were supposed to be back within two days. It's now day 4 and I still haven't received an update. I'm affraid this means that the initial tests came up positive and they're needing to perform the reflex to the WB. I was tested through tstd.org and they claim that all results return within 72 hours and I'm beyond that now. Why is there a delay!?!?!

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 06:26:29 pm »
Believe me Anon, if you had been penetrated you would have known it. You're just allowing your doubts and fears to run over your better common sense. You have not had a risk for HIV. Period.

Labs run on their own often inexplicable time schedules. I don't expect you to get anything other than a negative result whenever they finally deliver your result.
Andy Velez

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 06:40:03 pm »
I'm an idiot, I hooked up with another guy I don't know about 5 weeks ago. There was oral and some intense body rubbing. He laid on top of me and pressed his penis against my ass crack and simulated sex. I don't think there was any penetration and he claimed he was tested 7 days before our encounter. He came on my stomach if that's any consolation. On monday (28 days after the encounter) I went to LabCorp and had a DNA PCR test done and an HIV1/2 EIA test done and the results were supposed to be back within two days. It's now day 4 and I still haven't received an update. I'm affraid this means that the initial tests came up positive and they're needing to perform the reflex to the WB. I was tested through tstd.org and they claim that all results return within 72 hours and I'm beyond that now. Why is there a delay!?!?!

You are absolutely NOT an idiot. You are a human being who sough intimacy - and you are not having penetrative anal sex without a condom. That's all you need to do to avoid HIV.

I honestly wish I knew where all this anxiety and fication with HIV was coming from. None of your postings suggest the slightest risk whatsoever.

Did you read our lessons on transmission? If you use a condom for penetrative anal and vaginal sex, you will avoid HIV. It really is that simple.

Perhaps this has more to do with anxiety over your sexuality than anything remotely based on scientific fact.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.