Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 03:08:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 198
Total: 199

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Not Everyone Responds the Same Way...  (Read 4369 times)

Offline engineergirl

• What?
Not Everyone Responds the Same Way...
« on: December 22, 2010, 04:27:33 pm »
My name is Amanda...

I've been coming to this site for a time.  

Most have been receptive of my status...

Dating pool again... wasn't expecting this response:

http://h1vpos1t1ve.blogspot.com/

Amanda
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:33:24 pm by amandaj.brown »
amanda j.
Currently 28 weeks pregnant with a little boy...

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
Re: Not Everyone Responds the Same Way...
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2010, 04:37:07 pm »
Hi, I read your story on your blog. That's a real shame. If I understand correctly, Kensington never could deal very well with you being HIV+.
Well, keep your heart open - you seem like a catch.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 04:56:40 pm »
Thank you.

We are still dating... So I'm trying to be patient and educate.

Amanda
amanda j.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2010, 05:05:44 pm »

Sheesh Amanda, Kensington doesn't bite her tongue at all, does she?  I agree with Mecch keep your heart open.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2010, 05:08:06 pm »
I would rather.. perhaps not.

I would like to think that brutal honesty is better than leading one on...

Eh?
amanda j.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2010, 06:28:58 pm »
Well she definitely didn't lead you on by her words that we can agree on!  But if sex was possible after a few dates, and now isn't, and its only a few months in, sounds like we need some more honesty about what she thinks IS finally possible for this relationship.  
I know sex can wither, or come and go, but usually not in the first months?  What do you think? Thats what I was reading between the lines in your blog. Dunno.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 06:32:08 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2010, 01:37:30 am »
Hi Amanda, good to hear from you again even if it isn't good news.

I have to admit that I'm a bit confused. What happened to the woman with four children, one of which had recently given you two a granddaughter? I thought you two got married.

Hope you have a good Holiday season despite your current problems. You shouldn't be such a stranger!

Hugs,
Ann
xxx
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2010, 11:51:35 am »
Things fell apart unfortunately... I did everything I could to hold it all together. Ultimately in the end it was not enough.  I miss her... I miss the kids, I miss the grand-baby.

Chin up... moving forward.

Dating a new girl now and learning that not everyone responds the same way to my HIV status.  I guess in the past I have been really lucky with people who just didn't seem to "mind".  The new girl is scared and not as educated about it.  Work in progress...

Amanda
amanda j.

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2010, 11:53:35 am »
PS The grand-baby will be two in a couple weeks.
amanda j.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 12:27:35 pm »
Two already! Time flies.

I'm really sorry to hear about the breakup. I thought you two were good together but I guess that's life. I'm glad you're moving on with your life though.

I was just reading the other day how hiv is very stigmatised in the lesbian community and I hope you're not coming up against that very much. You're such a nice woman (pretty too!) and I'd hate to think of you having to deal with that kind of crap.

I hope the new woman in your life adjusts. Have you had her read any of the Lessons here? You are welcome to have her ask me questions via your PM box if you think it might help.

Wishing you a love-filled holiday! :)
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 02:31:09 pm »
It didn't work out... and the idea of dating seems daunting.  I think I'm giving up for a while.

http://h1vpos1t1ve.blogspot.com/2011/01/im-not-superwoman.html

Amanda
amanda j.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2011, 07:30:44 pm »
As long as you don't give up altogether you will be fine..someone wonderful is waiting for you.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline engineergirl

• What?
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2011, 07:55:46 pm »
Thank you for your kind words of encouragement.
amanda j.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.