Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 02, 2024, 07:08:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37617
  • Latest: NChio
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772997
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 225
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 181
Total: 181

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Heading Back To Dallas  (Read 3713 times)

Offline tednlou2

Heading Back To Dallas
« on: March 26, 2012, 12:28:51 am »
As I was looking for old ads for another thread, I came across the promo for the new "Dallas" that is coming to TNT this summer.  I read about this about a year ago.  It will star the original cast, but apparently will focus on the young Ewings--primarily JR's and Bobby's sons, John Ross and Christopher Ewing.  TNT has done a great job with this promo, in my opinion.  It has all the sex, fighting, and drama we remember. 

Any fans?  Favorite story lines?  Of course, fans will remember "Who shot JR?"  And, Bobby being killed off, but returning the following season--making the season without him all a dream.  Family Guy did a spoof about the infamous shower scene.  I remember watching Dallas and Knots Landing with my mom.  Is that why I'm gay?  For those who don't know, Knots Landing was a spin-off of Dallas--Gary Ewing leaves Dallas for a California cul-de-sac.  The two shows had a few cross story lines.  Dallas had 13 seasons and Knots had 14.  Anyway, the promo looks good and I'll check the show out.  The actors playing the young Ewings are pretty hot.  I mean, if you like that type.  One played on Desperate Housewives.  He got his ass kicked in real life that was caught on video.  I miss the old nighttime soaps and I'm not into the CSI's or NCIS'.  And, those old shows had great theme music.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=d220ZdzdFTQ&feature=fvwp

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Heading Back To Dallas
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 12:35:50 am »
How much television do you watch each day, Theodore?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:28 am »
I was a Huge Knotts Landing fan growing up.  I loved Lisa Hartman's role as Ciji.  Maybe that is why i'm gay...lol
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:38:55 am »
I was more of a Dynasty child.  For some reason I found Dallas rather boring; they didn't have tough-as-nails bitches like Alexis Colby and Dominique Devereaux. 

Is Larry Hagman gonna be in the new version of the show?  The man must be like 80 now.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 12:49:32 am »
I was more of a Dynasty child.  For some reason I found Dallas rather boring; they didn't have tough-as-nails bitches like Alexis Colby and Dominique Devereaux. 

Is Larry Hagman gonna be in the new version of the show?  The man must be like 80 now.

Weren't you 3 years old when Dallas first aired?

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 12:51:39 am »
Weren't you 3 years old when Dallas first aired?

Yeah, but it played throughout the 80s.  I started watching Dynasty in 84.  I was an early blooming queen.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 12:54:13 am »
I always had a thing for Hart to Hart.

MtD

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 12:59:03 am »
I used to watch both Dallas and Dynasty each week with my best girlfriend Holly, at least the first few years until I spent every night listing to Dare over and over.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 01:20:17 am »

As a kid I thought Robert Wagner was kinda hot, in a daddy sort of way. 

I used to watch both Dallas and Dynasty each week with my best girlfriend Holly, at least the first few years until I spent every night listing to Dare over and over.

I did that in the early to mid-90s with my best girlfriend, Heather (and well, the "it" show at that point was Melrose Place).  The albums we played over and over back then were Little Earthquakes, The Red Shoes, and So Tough.  We were like so totally cool and stuff.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 01:33:02 am »

I did that in the early to mid-90s with my best girlfriend, Heather (and well, the "it" show at that point was Melrose Place).  The albums we played over and over back then were Little Earthquakes, The Red Shoes, and So Tough.  We were like so totally cool and stuff.

Yeah, well I used to watch Melrose while popping AZT bitch.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 09:05:04 am »
Yeah, well I used to watch Melrose while popping AZT bitch.

How hardcore of ya.  You probably drank "AIDS cocktails" while you watched Absolutely Fabulous?

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 10:33:27 am »
I was a Huge Knotts Landing fan growing up.  I loved Lisa Hartman's role as Ciji.  Maybe that is why i'm gay...lol

Between Knotts Landing and your love for Barry Manilow, you've definitely earned your queer card, Mikeyb.
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2012, 12:33:17 pm »

MtD

Johnathan and Jennifer were my template for the ideal relationship.

My parents would not allow us to watch Dallas growing up. We also could not watch Soap, Mary Hartman or Saturday Night Live.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 12:38:35 pm by GSOgymrat »

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2012, 02:53:51 pm »

I used to know a gay guy with "Knot's Landing" as an online handle.  He was talking about something totally else, though.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 01:50:12 am »
How much television do you watch each day, Theodore?

Not that much??  Watch first hour of Today Show.  Sometimes catch Hot Topics on The View.  Watch both NBC and ABC news.  Sunday's are Family Guy, American Dad, and Desperate Housewives night.  Nothing to watch until Wednesday's Modern Family.  Thursday is Parks and Rec and 30 Rock night.  Friday is Real Time with Bill Maher.  Saturday is SNL.  Oh, record Daily Show and Colbert and try to catch up through the week.  Then, begin Sunday's with Meet the Press and This Week--watching the opening interviews.  Not much, right?  I stopped watching Idol a year ago.  Don't get into all the reality shows.  Oh, I will watch me some Will & Grace and Golden Girls, if they're on and I'm looking for something to watch.  I do actually read, too.   

Now, I'm not as big a Knot's fan as the guys who produced this tribute.  I'm assuming they're gay, but perhaps just film students.  Okay, they're gay.  They reenact classic scenes.  If you're a fan, the acting isn't terrible.  The guy playing Val got her expressions down to a T, when portraying the scene where she's told her babies died during birth.  Of course as we know, they were stolen.  Anyway, regardless of whether you watched the show, it's always fun to see guys in drag acting out scenes from a show that's been off the air since 1992.   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbxsyx7xib0&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL6493837B5735DD9B 

Edited for spelling.  Perhaps I should read more.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 01:52:20 am by tednlou2 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.