Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:34:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 544
Total: 544

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Life An Times Of the Numb One!!!  (Read 3420 times)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
Life An Times Of the Numb One!!!
« on: March 19, 2009, 05:29:08 pm »
As many of you read a few days ago I found out about my younger brother dying of this dreadful disease.For three days I was Numb Body an Soul don,t get me wrong I have lost a lot of friends also but when it hits this close to home an not being there when he died is the hardest thing I honestly had to face in my life.I wait patiently by the phone waiting for it to ring but it,s not happening.Oh well after three days I am going back to what I normally do.But now I have to find a new way of cooking because one of the test is to high an the other is to low.And me being Cajun that all I know how to cook. An the sad part is I went to Job Corp,s when I was sixteen an seventeen to learn how to cook an bake then had to relearn how to cook for just for two.The courses I took were two years Long an completed them in ten months.So now must do every thing over again.Because I tend to cook to many fatty foods.I was so occupied with getting my V-Load an T-Cells where they should be I wasn,t paying much attention to much else.I am feeling a whole lot better for now.But some days it feels like you are numb an running on auto pilot.I,m I the only one that feels this way?Sometimes I am positive I,ts the Meds that do this.In twenty years I have become resistant to a lot of the meds so they have had to switch them often.Just when you get your body use to one they say well we have to change this one or that one.I am not trying to scare any of the Newbies but these are only the fact,s at least in my case.Have to stop now my hands are starting to shake to much to type.Dwayne 20 (Scooter) P.S. Song that gets me though the ruff times is The Promise by WHEN IN ROME!!! Check it out? Dwayne 20(Scooter)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:43:55 pm by Dwayn20 »

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
Re: Life An Times Of the Numb One!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 11:26:02 pm »
Hey Scooter,

I think we all operate on auto pilot sometimes. In fact, there are times I don't think we could continue all the time without it.

I love Cajun food. But right now, I have to eat like an herbivore.

Hang in there.

HUGS,

Mark

"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline knittygritty

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 04:30:56 pm »
 I'm sorry about your brother.
I think auto pilot becomes a way of life. Some times you have to let auto pilot take over or you'd just shut down.

I love eating. Cajun food sounds sooo good right now. Sometimes I get a little bummed cuz I'm a little chubby - just short for my weight I mean. But I think back to when I was real sick and weighed 87 pounds I love the 145 pounds I weigh now and grab another serving of whatever is in front of me.
I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you.  - Grandpa Simpson
  I knit, therefore I am  -  Me

Offline AndyArrow

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 10:44:16 am »
Autopilot is a great mental protector that unfortunately sometimes we just really need.

I really sympathize about learning how to cook & eat all over again.  With my esophageal problems I dropped down to 79lbs and then when I was able to start eating normally the doctors encouraged me to eat anything and everything ... and I did!  Now, I'm at 6'3 and 190lbs -- which doesn't sound so bad but I carry it all in my gut (the worst place) so now along with exercise I have to change my diet.  Having said that if you want to send some deep fried catfish & hush puppies my way I wouldn't say no.   :D

Great Song ... I still mainly listen to UK groups!

Hugs,
AA
It is not the arrival that matters.  It is the journey along the way. -- Michel Montaigne

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.