Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:59:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773214
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 436
Total: 438

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Doctor's Appointment  (Read 11907 times)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
Doctor's Appointment
« on: January 10, 2007, 03:05:00 am »
Hey Everyone,

I had my appointment with my primary doctor today. I can't say it was bad really. I actually missed him because he had been overseas the past few months, he's in the military. He got the dictation from my id doctor. We talked about a few things. As for my diabetes, which some were concerned about. Right now I take 3 pills, Glypizide, Glucotrol, and Advandia. Since I just refilled my Rx, he told me to finish off what I had by taking the Glipizide and the Glucotrol, 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening, he left the Advandia as is. I love him cause he is trying to do whatever it takes to keep me from taking insulin shots. He also told me that some test showed that I had protein in my urine, not quite sure what that means but just knows it wasn't good.

He also told me that my tryglicerides where high so he wants me to stop with the fish oil pills and wants me to start taking Tricor. Anyone have any experience with this medicine? I plan on doing some research. The bright side he said was that my ldls were low, he just didn't like that my hdls were so low. I must admit, I am scared and I haven't felt this way since I first found out I was poz. I'm not depressed or anything but just scared I'm going to mess around and have a damn heart attack or something.

We also had a talk about my appetite, which is basically nil if I don't smoke some trees. He wants to put me on Megace, I think it's called but is concerned it might conflict with the depo shot I get every 3 months. I have to call my gyn and have him talk with the primary. But he's pretty liberal about my smoking, not that he condons it but he basically said I have to do what I have to do to eat or I will die. He wasn't saying it to be mean but was being real about it. I'm hoping that something can be done other than the Megace because I have come to love not having monthly bitchiness.

Any advice, suggestions or humor is appreciated....
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Doctor's Appointment
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 04:54:09 am »
I take Tricor and fish oil pills. My cholesterol and triglycerides have gone down considerably but I think switching meds made the biggest difference. Tricor has a side effects warning for making you drowsy but I have not experienced any side effects from it.

There was a detailed article in Men's Health recently about how some doctors believe diabetes can be treated by eating a low carb diet. Apparently until the 1980s the Inuit people had virtual no cases of diabetes because they mainly ate meat and whale blubber-- very few carbs. Here's a link to the article:

http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do?site=MensHealth&channel=health&category=other.diseases.ailments&conitem=4a935e4e40fae010VgnVCM20000012281eac____

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 08:02:27 am »
Queen you are one pill-poppin' momma! ;D You sound very proactive when it comes to your own care and treatment. Did you ask your Dr. about smoothies? I'm telling you girl they can be a great way to add calories and nutrients to your diet. Does your health care cover seeing a nutritionist?

As we say down here in the South, having the sugars is a bitch. Thinking of you.

Aunty Doxie

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2007, 08:31:48 am »

Queen,

I think maybe a tag team session with KC and I would clear all your troubles up rather quickly..  That's just my take though..an opinion off the streets.

Thomas
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2007, 09:30:12 am »
Yah, but Thomas that's what you advocate for hangnails, hiccups and nearsightedness too.

Is that what's called one or two sizes fits all? Just askin'....
Andy Velez

Offline Javicho

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 09:58:29 am »
Queen don't be afraid you are a very brave woman and very smart too, we all love you here  :-*

I hope everything goes well, love

Javier

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2007, 12:07:42 pm »
Queen A.,

Your report doesn't sound too bad -- you're apparently able to control diabetes without insulin shots and your LDL is low even though your HDL was too.  I'd tell the doc to get you a prescription for medicinal marijuana, not that you have a shot at getting it but just so you can use it if you ever get busted (JOKE!! ... [and a bad one]).  If pot helps you keep an appetite why switch to something else?  Follow up on the protein in the urine though because you don't want that, not that I can remember why.  I just took a couple of hits off a doobie and have no long or short-term memory.

Good luck!

Boo

String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Christine

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 12:54:35 pm »
Hi Queen,
Just wanted to send you my good thoughts and prayers. Take one day at a time, you will get through this.

Keep smoking if it helps your appetite. Do what you have to do to get food in you.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Jean-Yves

• Meow!
    • Home for Sign of the Tiger
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 02:10:51 pm »
I'm not on Tricor, but I take Lopid and Lipitor, and fish oil pills. Now the say that my triglycerides have more than doulbled, so they want me to start seeing a cardiologist. My bllod pressure is always ideal, just a problem with the cholesterol. Don't let it get you down, Think of Bob Marley,  "Don't worry, Be happy".
(wish I could afford some of those trees)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2007, 04:46:48 pm »
Yah, but Thomas that's what you advocate for hangnails, hiccups and nearsightedness too.

Is that what's called one or two sizes fits all? Just askin'....

It depends on what Queen can handle....  With proper technique I am sure she could..

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2007, 07:56:27 pm »
I'm afraid I don't have any advice or suggestions, Queen.

But I would like for you to laugh...

Since you asked for humor... here's some Family Guy.  Family Guy and that guy from the diabetes supply commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiiCrldF5Q0
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2007, 07:57:19 pm »
I'm being told that this is the WRONG PLACE FOR YOUR HIV RELATED POSTINGS>>>>>>>
Who was it wrote; Give any one species too much rope and they'll fuck it up?
-Roger Waters

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2007, 07:59:15 pm »
I believe this is mostly regarding diabetes and cardiovascular issues...

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2007, 08:06:29 pm »
Hey Everyone,

I had my appointment with my primary doctor today. I can't say it was bad really. I actually missed him because he had been overseas the past few months, he's in the military. He got the dictation from my id doctor. We talked about a few things. As for my diabetes, which some were concerned about. Right now I take 3 pills, Glypizide, Glucotrol, and Advandia. Since I just refilled my Rx, he told me to finish off what I had by taking the Glipizide and the Glucotrol, 2 in the morning and 1 in the evening, he left the Advandia as is. I love him cause he is trying to do whatever it takes to keep me from taking insulin shots. He also told me that some test showed that I had protein in my urine, not quite sure what that means but just knows it wasn't good.

He also told me that my tryglicerides where high so he wants me to stop with the fish oil pills and wants me to start taking Tricor. Anyone have any experience with this medicine? I plan on doing some research. The bright side he said was that my ldls were low, he just didn't like that my hdls were so low. I must admit, I am scared and I haven't felt this way since I first found out I was poz. I'm not depressed or anything but just scared I'm going to mess around and have a damn heart attack or something.

We also had a talk about my appetite, which is basically nil if I don't smoke some trees. He wants to put me on Megace, I think it's called but is concerned it might conflict with the depo shot I get every 3 months. I have to call my gyn and have him talk with the primary. But he's pretty liberal about my smoking, not that he condons it but he basically said I have to do what I have to do to eat or I will die. He wasn't saying it to be mean but was being real about it. I'm hoping that something can be done other than the Megace because I have come to love not having monthly bitchiness.

Any advice, suggestions or humor is appreciated....

My dear,

I have a genetic cholesterol problem - which ultimately will kill me WAY BEFORE any HIV related complications...  I have been on EVERY cholesterol medication since before having a cholesterol problem was even in style.  There is a new test, if you are concerned about your having a heart attack, which basically measures the build-up of plaque in your arteries... it is a blood test, called the CRP (I call it the crap test :) ).  Ask your doctor to give it to you.  It's a relatively new test, and I had to fight my doctor to get him to order it... in fact, I even marked the box on the lab request.

Right now, one of the best medications, if you can get it, is Vytorin.  It lowers your cholesterol with a statin and there is a second medication component to it called "ezetimibe" which inhibits cholesterol absorbtion by the intestine.  It is one of the few things that I have taken which has actually helped me.  Additionally, you may want to ask about niacin.  Don't get the flush-free niacin, as according to my doctor it tends to be harder on your liver.

Also, In addition to asking my doctor about taking the above things, I would also ask him whether you can take the vitamin supplement "Milk Thistle" (very cheap you can get it at the grocer) which helps the liver to repair itself from medication overload.

Oh yeah, and lipids are a fancy name for "fats"... by decreasing saturated, polysaturated and unsaturated fats, in your diet, you'll help to decrease the cholesterol... NO EGG YOLKS!!!

Actually, ask him about the Atkins diet, the right proteins and decrease in carbs could help both your diabetes AND your cholesterol.

I love you, honey!
(hot legs)

-joseph
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 09:33:44 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2007, 08:09:52 pm »
so: I still say:

if I am scolded for bringing my illness (any illness)  into this forum, so should queen akasha..
-Roger Waters

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 08:15:37 pm »
No one scolded you.  And im sorry you have to deal with this Queen.  He is having an off day.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 08:15:47 pm »
so: I still say:

if I am scolded for bringing my illness (any illness)  into this forum, so should queen akasha..

Let's talk about your illness...

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 08:25:07 pm »
sorry, musn't speak of illness.....thhis forum is for HAPPY thoughts!
-Roger Waters

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2007, 08:28:33 pm »
sorry, musn't speak of illness.....thhis forum is for HAPPY thoughts!

I really hope you find peace.  Find me when you decide that you really want to talk and stop the game playing.

-joseph

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2007, 08:35:32 pm »
stop the Game Playing???

would you like to say that to my face?

or would you just as soon FUCK OFF
-Roger Waters

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2007, 09:20:20 pm »
I really don't want the post previous to mine to be the last one in my Queen's thread.

So... I guess this is a bump. 

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 10:40:19 pm »
I'll ad to the pile, since everyone else seems to enjoy piling on me...

how is it MY doctor related thread gets shut down, yet other doctor related threads continue??

why doesn't this thread get shut down also???????????
-Roger Waters

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2007, 01:43:47 am »
I really don't know what 2fires issues are but read my signature line, I don't need to say anymore...

Everyone other than 2fires~~

Thanks for the kind thoughts, jokes and advice. Auntie Doxie, I forgot to ask him about the smoothies but I am going to start making them. I am going to the grocery store sometime today.

Thomas~~ Are you talking double penetration? That doesn't work for me, I'm a one hole woman, only because I can't get past the pain and it gives me the urge of having to go to the bathroom. Now one at a time is more my speed plus I can't mess with AC, he's a married man! The Queen has morals, at times that is.... ;)

Wishes I could get a script for weed here but it's illegal I think unless you have glucoma, which sucks. I think I am building up a tolerance to the weed I have been getting...*sighs*...And I'm sure not gonna hit the highway...I am considering something though....*wink wink*

Joseph, I will ask my doctor about that test next time I see him.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 01:45:41 am by Queen Akasha »
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2007, 01:45:52 am »

Double penatration ain't my thing either Queen..  Tag teaming means one at a time in the ring BTW ;)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 01:49:04 am »
Yeah, I know what it means in terms of wrestling but the world of sex is a whole 'nother ball game. ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2007, 10:03:36 am »
Akasha honey,

I found a photo of you in a previous life. You don't have to thank me, I know you appreciate it.

HUGGLES,

Mark

(Who didn't know having "the sugars" could make a person look like this!  :o )

[attachment deleted by admin]
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2007, 10:43:52 pm »
OMG, Mark....No wonder I got issues.... ;D

Just to update, I'm feeling crappy today. I don't know if it's cause of the increase in my diabetic meds but I feel like I have to barf... I have also been very jittery like I need a fix or something. I'm wondering if this is just cause of the increased dosage and if so, how long is this going to last. Tomorrow am I will start taking the Tricor. I'm hoping it will not be another side effect.

But I must admit that I am very scared about this tricor and the heart thing. I know worrying does no good but I really can't help it. Thanks for listening to me...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2007, 10:47:27 pm »
*posting deleted*

-joseph

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2007, 11:03:46 pm »
why you delete the post, joseph? You know I value your advice....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 11:13:01 pm »
why you delete the post, joseph? You know I value your advice....

my dear queen...

after reading my post, I recognized that my fears in my own battle with cholesterol, when voiced, might only cause you fears and distresses to you that were undue.  You don't deserve to carry my fears as well as your own. :) 

Smoke a bowl, baby, I love ya! :)

-joseph

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2007, 01:03:45 am »
my dear queen...

after reading my post, I recognized that my fears in my own battle with cholesterol, when voiced, might only cause you fears and distresses to you that were undue.  You don't deserve to carry my fears as well as your own. :) 

Smoke a bowl, baby, I love ya! :)

-joseph

Aww sweetie, you still could've shared them with me, we prolly have a lot in common. And me worrying about you would actually take my mind off of my own concerns. It's that mother hen complex. SO, if you feel like sharing you know you can always hit me up!

--smoked a birthday joint ;)
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 07:45:56 pm »
I just thought I would update this, no one has to respond. I have noticed that I have gotten very depressed since being told that I have to start the Tricor. Why? I guess because I feel I have enough going against me as it is and now I have to worry about my heart, thanks to the diabetes. Even though my ldl's are low, which my doc tried telling me was the bright side, my hdl's are also too low, how ironic. But my triglycerides which I'm still not clear on what they are is also high. I did some research on the Tricor and saw that it is used to boost low hdl's. I guess I should be grateful for that but I am concerned on the side effects and how they will affect my liver.

I don't think I have had any side effects from the Tricor. If it is suppose to make you drowsy, I have not experienced this because I am still always up til 5 am every night. I am trying not to stress about it cause it will do me more harm than good but I can't help it. I also find myself becoming angry because I have so much working against me healthwise as it is. I am trying to hype myself into believing that maybe by the time I see my doc again things will be better.  Thanks for listening to me rant.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Longislander

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2007, 07:48:46 pm »
Hey sweety, I hope your next visit shows improvement. Let it out and vent. Just remember how you've handled HIV for 9 years now (or so)! You're strong and you can get through this!

Love,
Paul
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2007, 08:02:52 pm »
http://www.brist.plus.com/compheart.htm

It talks about triglicerides and what you can do to make changes...

*hug*

-joseph

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2007, 08:44:03 pm »
Thanks, I checked the link out..
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Christine

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 02:08:49 pm »
Big hugs Queen! Vent away to us...that is what we are here for. Like Paul said, you lived strong through Hiv, the same will happen with this.

Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2007, 02:03:38 am »
Thanks for the kind words, Christine.

I have been having a rough few days. I think I'm just getting the side effects from the Tricor, I have been feeling tired and weak. I had to have my friend do my shopping for me because I felt too weak to go to the store. I'm considering calling my doctor but he will prolly just tell me it's the side effects and I need to ride it out. Keep in mind my diabetic meds have been increased too, well 2 out of the 3.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline JohnOso

« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2007, 07:32:19 am »
Babe,

thinking of you in these parts too.  you were kind enough to offer me a helping hand, so i thought i'd return the favor  ;)  I'd still let the doctor know if your weakness lingers on or gets worse darlin.

Hugs,
John
(who would be honored to do the Queen's shopping anytime)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2007, 07:52:23 am »

Queen,

Sorry to hear you are having it rough as of late.  Like John said I would still let the doctor know what is going on and how you have been feeling since the starting of Tricor and the increase in the diabetes medication.

I hope this all levels off for you soon..  In the mean time when you lite that next one could you take a nice long drag and blow it in the direction of Florida...   :)

Keep us posted on how you are doing, please..

Thomas

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2007, 04:16:02 pm »
Hello my Queen:
                        I've been taking Tricor for years because my triglycerides are always high. Tricor does control them from time to time. I don't get secondary effects from them though I am constantly tired. I do get my liver checked on a regular basis. I blame the hiv meds for my occasional weakness because they do cause fatigue. Sometimes I just think it is plain depression because we do live a hard life just being positive and it does take a toll on our strength. Relaxation may help and meditation but I know single parents don't have much time for this. I constantly listen to music that soothes my emotions and calms me down. That means in my car on my way to and from work and in the shower. Your body is constantly fighting hiv so remember that it is in a constant battle and rest is always recommended.
 A good cd to relax by and probably fall asleep is NARADA: Decade, The Anniversary Collection 2 cd set. It's from 1993 but I still enjoy it. Take care.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2007, 03:39:12 am »
Thanks for the concern, guys, I appreciate it. Things seem to be a little better today even though I do still feel tired. I often sleep 10-12 hours and wake up feeling really groggy.

Catman~~ I meditate before I go to sleep because if I don't my mind tends to get restless and I think about every little thing. I figure my health is prolly why I sleep so long but it doesn't hurt when I take my hearing aids off, I don't hear much anyway which makes for perfect sleeping, ya know.. ;)

Thomas~~~ Thanks for the kind words. I decided to try to stick it out til Monday before I call my doctor. I think going from 500mg to 1500mg would be a shock to my system, I don't have a tolerance to anything. And that's just one of the pills I'm taking everything else is lower dosage. I took count, I am taking 10 pills a day. I know to most that is nothing but for me it is like a shock to the system. But having a pill box has helped and I look at it as a stepping stone to ensure that I adhere to the atripla whenever I do have to take it. Btw, you know you got that fire down there in Florida, you should be trying to blow at me... ;D Yeah, I know you don't smoke anymore..

JohnOso~~ Thanks for the love, honey. I shoulda had you go shopping cause I don't know what my friend brought up in here..*lol*...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.