Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:18:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773198
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 503
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 442
Total: 442

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Stressed and depressed for family and life  (Read 8705 times)

Offline enm1sg

Stressed and depressed for family and life
« on: May 19, 2007, 10:11:54 am »
I still believe that I have the entire all type of virus in my body as the lady in question was professional worker and infected. I have sucked her nipple and boobs (which were tight due to silikan spray) and might have catch the infection, otherwise I have the protected vaginal exposure with the lady on top and bottom with condom. Very next day after my exposure , I have tingling sensation in Urethra and cold sour at foreskin .Tingling feeling cured after week I after taking doxycycline and reoccurred  after week 3  with new symptom and now  Everyday I am experiencing a new symptom since week 3 to present week 7 . Symptom are skin rashes of different type in body ,  tingling in arm , leg  and on urethra , Muscle Ache at back and joint , cold sour at foreskin and some white patches flu like feeling in mouth  , white tongue with red tips , open bites in skin ( very few ( may be four in nos. ) which start with sensation feeling then cured immediately after some hours )   but main things is that I have not experience any fever since day one to till date .

I am really very tense and worried for my family and kid otherwise I have killed myself long ago after exposures in March end.( To be honest it is the first and last time I have been there )  . Latest week 4.5 test for HIV, Hepatitis B, Gonorrhea, Chymidlya and Syphilis is still negative. Can you please advise me the good / reliable /test worthy testing lab in and around London for all three or entire sub family of Herpes, EMV & CMV. Further what is the treatment for this? In compression to HIV, if there is no treatment / cure available and how dangerous are these virus to life. Are they similar to HIV virus? I am planning to do retesting for HIV, Syphilis and Hepatitis B & C at the end of week 9 and 13 at GUM clinic. Marian, if it is necessary to test for Hepatitis C virus as GUM clinic does not test this also.

Presently I am living in dark with no hope of light. I neither do not have any experience guy to advise me in this matter nor I want to share my feeling with in my circle as it is very shameful to me as well as for my family . Your advice will really help me to plan my future strategy for my family and kid. .

Waiting for your advice and help in this matter

Offline RapidRod

Re: Stressed and depressed for family and life
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 10:47:33 am »
You had protected sex. You don't need to test and sucking on someone's boobs is not a risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 12:24:32 pm »
HIV is not the issue. You're a dog like the rest of us guys and you went straying. That's the issue.

Nothing you did put you at risk for HIV transmission. You're loaded with guilt and shame which doesn't do anything good for you or for your family. It's a self-indulgence you need to dump right now. If you REALLY care about your family, you will take a breath, accept what you did as a part of your history, let it go and move on with your life.

If you have physical symptoms that are troubling you they should be discussed with your doctor.

This is absolutely not an HIV situation. Period. End of story.

And oh yes, stop feeling sorry for yourself. Really.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 02:35:05 pm »
Thanks Andy for your kind word ,

After week 7 I have skin rashes of diffrent type they start with itching and heal after one - two days . No fluid inside . and muscle ache at my left shoulder . rest of the sympton have gone now . just minor sour tounge . I still feel that If it is not HIV , I have been infected by some virus . Initially I have been tested positive for Non specific Urtheritis ( NSU ) and treated . Lastly in week 3 , these symptom started after re tingling in Uretha which is cured now after taking antiboitics .  I am planning antibody test after week 8 . and final after week 13 . So can advise me something about present sympton .

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 04:54:15 pm »
No, I cannot advise you about your symptoms except to tell you that you should be discussing them with your doctor. Nor could any responsible person do that via the web.

They aren't in any way HIV specific, but that's no surprise since at least as far as what you have reported thus far you haven't put yourself at risk for HIV transmission.

Your mind is busy with scare scenarios about this and there's absolutely no basis in HIV science for you to be concerned.

I certainly expect you will test negative. Then you will be condemned to get on with your life and have to decide if you're willing to give up feeling guilty.

« Last Edit: May 19, 2007, 04:58:14 pm by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 07:59:18 am »
Andy ,

One more help from you . Should I go for week 8 normal Antibody test as available in NHS hospital in UK or paid P24 Antigen test at private clinic . What did you think the private clinic test are reliable

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 09:09:48 am »
You're not listening. I've already told you that you weren't at risk. There is no need for testing.

But if for your own peace of mind you insist on getting tested, the standard ELISA is quite sufficient. Testing at 13 weeks is what we recommend which is according to CDC guidelines. But whether you choose to do it at 8 weeks or whenever, if you have reported accurately, your negative result is a foregone conclusion.

Your symptoms are something you should be discussing with your doctor. They have nothing to do with HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 04:44:54 am »
Andy ,

One more question to clear my doubts . During course of Vaginal intercourse , the lady in question use lubricants( some lotion or cream) over my condom . when i resisted then she used  all over her vagina .

Now my question is that if using lubricant or cream reduce the effectiveness of Condom at its tip and make it transparent to Virus including HIV or STD 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 09:00:07 am »
Although a water-based lubricant is what should be used on a condom because others can cause breakage, the important thing here is that YOUR CONDOM DIDN'T BREAK. You would have known if that happened because when it breaks a condom looks like a fringed hula hoop on your penis.

And no, the oils and such didn't cause some kind of teensy weensy break because when a condom is damaged it's not a subtle event. It's what I have indicated above.

You were not at risk in this incident.
Andy Velez

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 10:55:10 am »
Andy ,

Just to update you guys that I have boked a test on next tuesday . But Andy I am really very stressed . As every time I want to forget this and move with the life , a new symton comes and become tensed and fail to belive that I am positive . Now I am experincing  only remaining symptom of Swallon lymp gland below cheek . Really very tense and do not know how I will live pass my life in future . My heart is sinking and future really looks dark and blink for me .
I know I am giving you gyus very hard time but I am helpless . Please bear with me . 

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 11:09:11 am »
You didnt have a risk.  I would urge you to seek out the help of a mental health professional if the anxiety of this non event is too much for you to handle on your own.  They can really help you.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 11:19:55 am »
enm1sg, you can stop with your drama. You are talking with people here that have HIV/AIDS and have for years. You never had a risk to begin with. So if you want to continue your pity party take it to the couch of a mental health professional. We can't be of any futher help to you here. 

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 05:57:44 pm »
Torture yourself as much as you need to. There's nothing we can do about that nor about your various lumps, bumps and symptons, none of which of course have anything to do with HIV.

At the end of the day when you test you're inevitably going to get a negative test result. Hopefully that will settle the matter for you.

No matter how you insist to the contrary this is NOT an HIV situation. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2007, 03:57:59 am »
Thanks guys for your kind help .

Now I accepted this gracefully and leave it to god .

Regards ,

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2007, 05:01:45 am »
Guys I tried nos. of time to be awy from these forum but unfortunately still after 9 week from exposures , new symptoms are forcing me to bang my head . I really want the answer from the experts from their past experince

1)I have taken Doxycycline and Azithomycin in week 1 and week 3 as I have burning in Uretha . So my question is if  taking these medicine can cause late servoconversion

2)  How long symptom of ARS like rashes and muscle ache at collar borne and left upper arm last as I am experincing the same since week 3 to till date week 9 . I will do the testing at week 13 .

3) If one can pick the virus like HIV or EBV by sucking the nipple or boob of the lady as I know she has used some spray to tighten it or done some cosmetic surgery I do not know but they were very tight not able to press it that I remember .

Please reply ASAP I am rally stressed .

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2007, 05:27:50 am »
Guys one more update ,

My 8 week normal HIV test result is negative which I have just recived .

Can anbody in this forum have some idea ,that a person with symptom of rashes which have started just after week 4 come and with negative week 8 result come positive later on .

Really stressed as rashes can not be because of anxiety or stress condition .

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2007, 05:51:46 am »
Sorry to inform you, but stress and anxiety can cause rashes. Whatever your problems are, are unrelated to HIV. You have to have a risk inwhich you did not.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2007, 06:01:06 am »
en,

The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks - so your eight week negative isn't going to change.

You didn't even have a risk of infection as sucking boobs is not a way hiv is transmitted. Also, condoms prevent hiv infection, so you didn't have a risk when you had intercourse either.

You are hiv negative. You do not need further testing. Keep using those condoms and you will remain hiv negative. Check out the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use them with confidence.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2007, 06:50:08 am »
Thanks Ann ,

For your reply . All my STD test are also negative .
I am wondering as I have not checked for herpes simplex or sub family virus . I have been detected NSU at week one and that thave been cured now after taking antiboitics . So if rashes and muscle pain can be due to herpes . IF yes what are the symptom and tretament for herpes .

Secondly I am also worried that if Herpes virus can enter my uretha and cause infection , then whats the gurantee onther including HIv can not enter as the same time  as the symptoms I am experincing of ARS . Further the I was the reciptive of the sex on later stage and use of cream over her vagina and on my condom may have litrally made condom uniffective and transparent to invaded by virus .

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007, 10:14:05 am »
Dear Senior Modertors ,

Again after 3 month of testing I am confused and dippressed . My 12 week antibody test is negative . But I am having a chest pain since last 10 days , swallowed lymp nodes at neck sour throat , Ulcers in mouth . and pain in arm and mucle ache . I am confused . Should I try PCR viral load test to diagonose or it may be due to EBV or herpes . I do not know please help me .

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007, 10:45:04 am »
You're done here. You are HIV negative and you need to see a doctor for your concerns. They have nothing to do with HIV.

Offline enm1sg

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 04:15:01 am »
I  have tested negative for  by PCR DNA qualitative test , Western Blot , Elisa at fifteen week . Test for Herpes is also negative  But I have again the following symptom

Itch Red bumps with red scaling which come and go on upper body
Dry skin

Sore throat

Tingling , pain inflamation , mucle ache in chest , left arm , hand and foot

Respiratory  infection ( Though I am astamatic since long time ) 

Headache and uneasines .

AT sixteen week I have feaver with 103 and my White blood cell reduced to 4300 from 8900 with CD4 count also reduced to 384 . I am confused if it is due to general flu or HIV ARS FEAVER i have not checked the viral load testing as it is not been used for diagonosis test .

Please help me to solve my symptom and wheather I should  do Viral load test and CD4 count after some time for HIV testing  after my flue is over . As viral load test may result in false positive result and raise more question then it solve  so confused about testing and symptom .

Help me confused and dipressed .

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 05:51:09 am »
en,

All those negative test results at more than three months means that you have conclusively ruled hiv out as a cause of your physical problems. You never had a risk in the first place, as we've repeatedly told you. You do NOT need further hiv testing.

You need to go to your doctor to find out what is wrong - if anything - with you. We cannot diagnose you over the internet and neither can anyone else.

If you've read the Welcome Thread like you're supposed to, you would have read the following:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned.

You did not have a risk and you are hiv negative. Absolutely hiv negative. Period. End of story. Go see your doctor to find out what's going on. There's nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.