Main Forums > Living With HIV

After 7 years of denial, I am getting my 1st labs done next Monday.

<< < (2/14) > >>

deprivedlol:
I had already had been poz for 5yrs when i was diagnosed (traced it back to an ex).  I was pregnant so I didn't know what the hell to do about meds let alone my pregnancy.  I waited 7yrs from the time I was diagnosed to start them, so altogether that was 12.  I have been poz 25yrs this month and am UD.  My son is neg.

The only bad reaction I ever had to meds was an allergic reaction to sulfa...a VERY UGLY few days, but other than that apparently I didn't do any damage by waiting.
 Don't let numbers scare you. They go up and down all the time.

Congrats on your sobriety! I'm coming up on 12 yrs this summer myself.

emeraldize:

--- Quote from: BoiBoy on April 17, 2014, 08:08:56 pm ---It's okay about the timing. LOL. I am very patient.

You are absolute right and outside of the Hep C scare, I am very optimistic about my future and health.
I just feel nervous and guilty about excess damage to my body.
That's all.
I love your attitude toward being positive. I feel that I will learn a lot from being here.

--- End quote ---

By the time I hit post--poof--you were gone!

Well, re: your guilt you can short-leash that, too. Ya just might luck out.

drewm:

--- Quote from: BoiBoy on April 17, 2014, 08:11:13 pm ---Thanks for your response.
I love the fact that I'm going to be able to connect with people with similar pasts and life stories here.
If I may ask you, what were the specific side effects you experienced?

--- End quote ---

Insomnia. Nausea. It seriously lasted about 2 weeks. It was like someone flipped a switch at the 2 week point and I felt fine. The nausea subsided after a week or so but the insomnia was hell. The results more than paid for the two bad weeks though and AGAIN not everyone has the same effects.

friskyguy:
hi there, I was just wondering how your emotionally coping with the fact that you knew were HIV pos yet risked others to HIV for many years.....did not read that in any of your posts......are we right to assume that you chose not to disclose? Anyway, CONGRATS on the sobriety.

tednlou2:
Welcome to the forums.  I am so glad you made your way through the drug use and are now focusing on your health.  That is something to be applauded.  I hope your labs aren't that bad and hope you don't have Hep C.  If that should be the case, there are members here in that situation, who can offer insights and advice. 

I went at least 7 years from infection to diagnosis and labs.  While I wasn't officially diagnosed like you and then dropped out of care, I do feel I basically did the same thing.  I knew there was a good chance I was poz, but did not want to deal with that.

If your labs should come back bad or if you should have Hep C, do you feel you're in a place now where you won't return to your former coping skills?  Keep in touch here.  If things aren't so great, then we are here to listen and be a support system.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version