Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:10:09 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 373
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 352
Total: 352

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Nutrition, Wumpette Style  (Read 1623766 times)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Nutrition, Wumpette Style
« Reply #350 on: February 04, 2012, 11:38:14 am »

PS, who was talking about call centers?  That has nothing to do with the conversation. 

mebbe he's thinking about this
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #351 on: February 04, 2012, 11:46:17 am »
Also, this is for Wumpasauras who questions the authenticity of Little Mexico in Philadelphia. It's about the area located five blocks from me. ::)

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #352 on: February 04, 2012, 03:01:45 pm »
Yeah, Miss P, neither pork nor beef are popular meats for the majority of Indians. Hindus usually don't eat Beef though many do (especially in the state of Kerela and North Eastern Indian States bordering China) and Muslims don't eat Pork. Pork is popular in Goa and Kerela (both states also have sizeable Catholic communities) again. Indian Corn bread (though quite different to Mexican Tortilla) with Mustard leaves curry is a popular dish in Punjab (North India) in the winter season but that's more of a speciality and you're right in that  corn isn't the mainstay cereal in Indian cuisine.     Bangladeshi food is practically the same as the cuisine of the Indian State of Bengal- lots of fish And seafood preparations. Likewise Pakistani cuisine is  virtually the same as North Indian cuisine. The main difference between Indian and Pakistani/Bdeshi cuisines is that in  the latter they lay more stress on Non-veg dishes and don't have a wide range of vegetarian options.    I don't know about the US, but the majority of Indian restaurants in the UK are run by Bangladeshi's so one ends up being served an essentially North Indian dish prepared not just in a Bengali style but also cooked  for an  European Palate - the end product is totally different to standard Indian restaurants in India. Of course one can get authentic stuff too, but you've to know where to look.
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #353 on: February 04, 2012, 03:15:18 pm »
Oh, here's something for you spacebar -- our local version of Indian but trendy-fied and on one of the hottest new restaurant streets (a decade ago it was a row of gay smut shops and peep show booths):

http://bindibyob.com/bindi/

(feel free to scoff at the menu) :-*

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #354 on: February 05, 2012, 01:46:24 am »
The Menu looks fashionable and exoticly fusion-esque. LOL.

I ate at a French/ Indian fusion joint a while back. And it was quite good actually.

Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #355 on: February 05, 2012, 01:56:56 am »
The Menu looks fashionable and exoticly fusion-esque. LOL.

I ate at a French/ Indian fusion joint a while back. And it was quite good actually.

Fear not, it is now closed a replaced with Spanish tapas :)

Did I mention that both places are/were run by lesbian partners? Well, hello there -- they run six businesses all on one block. Three restaurants, two shops, and an upscale minigrocer.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:02:38 am by Miss Philicia »

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #356 on: February 05, 2012, 02:20:38 am »
My event was Bareback (coincidentally),

Really?  You just HAD to say this didn't you.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #357 on: February 06, 2012, 08:15:08 pm »
Really?  You just HAD to say this didn't you.

Well. You know I was VERY good at it. I even won a buckle.  :P

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2012, 05:14:30 pm »
Well. You know I was VERY good at it. I even won a buckle.  :P

Dear lord, why are there 8 pages in this thread?  Have you been taking pictures of your every gease-soaked meal and posting them online again?

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2012, 07:59:28 pm »
Dear lord, why are there 8 pages in this thread?  Have you been taking pictures of your every gease-soaked meal and posting them online again?

Well, actually it's mostly MissP yammering on about Squab, Caviar and White Castle.

But since you asked, here was my breakfast...

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #360 on: February 07, 2012, 08:11:08 pm »
Do you own a gun?

Offline buginme2

« Reply #361 on: February 07, 2012, 10:26:28 pm »
Well, actually it's mostly MissP yammering on about Squab, Caviar and White Castle.

Love the china
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #362 on: February 08, 2012, 09:34:23 am »

LOL this what he neglects to mention is he already ate half the bacon

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #363 on: February 08, 2012, 10:09:54 am »
Love the china

OEMGEE, it is totally grannylicious (except for the mug with guns on it). 

Time to donate it to Goodwill.
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #364 on: February 08, 2012, 10:28:51 am »

Hey Willum...  Jack in the Box has a new indulgence for ya'.... the new bacon milkshake!

http://www.newsoxy.com/odd/bacon-milkshake-53677.html
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #365 on: February 08, 2012, 10:51:38 am »
Hey Willum...  Jack in the Box has a new indulgence for ya'.... the new bacon milkshake!

http://www.newsoxy.com/odd/bacon-milkshake-53677.html

I'm sure that he's had a few of those.  He knows all the "secret menus" by heart. 

Oh, and here's a fashion statement for Willy's next twink. 

"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #366 on: February 09, 2012, 04:54:48 pm »
Do you own a gun?
Several of them. Check your notes, and do you not remember the great gun debate of '10 where all you libs jumped my ass because I have a pistol in my bedroom ::)

OEMGEE, it is totally grannylicious (except for the mug with guns on it). 

Time to donate it to Goodwill.

LOL this what he neglects to mention is he already ate half the bacon

You people are so gullible, That pic is from Photobucket

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 04:57:51 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #367 on: February 09, 2012, 05:02:15 pm »
Several of them. Check your notes, and do you not remember the great gun debate of '10 where all you libs jumped my ass because I have a pistol in my bedroom ::)

So aside from wanting to control women's bodies with your vile anti-choice views, you're also one of those wacko gun types. Got it. You're a sorry excuse for a cock sucker. Seriously, I could never date you so I hope the your forum fan club quickly puts that all to rest.

On another note, and Helltwatter will appreciate this, I discovered a gastropub in Old City that supposedly does a fab-u New Orleans style brunch. Though I don't understand why it's named after a mountain pass in Afghanistan.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #368 on: February 09, 2012, 05:11:33 pm »
So aside from wanting to control women's bodies with your vile anti-choice views, you're also one of those wacko gun types. Got it. You're a sorry excuse for a cock sucker. Seriously, I could never date you so I hope the your forum fan club quickly puts that all to rest.

...you forgot the Bible thumping  ::)

New Orleans style brunch. Though I don't understand why it's named after a mountain pass in Afghanistan.

That looks A-M-A-Z-I-N-G, and 2 snaps on the Banans Foster French Toast!
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #369 on: February 09, 2012, 05:29:48 pm »
I need to locate a source here for those Anson Mills grits as I've read many good things about them. I only make grits a couple times a year so I can spring for the pricey bag.

edit: well what do you know, they actually carry these at Green Aisle Grocery specialty hipster food shop a mere five blocks from me. I go in there at least once a month.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #370 on: February 09, 2012, 05:37:40 pm »

Around here, we get our first shotgun before we started school.  I still have my first 410.  By the time we started school, we knew how to use them.  Oh yeah, we seldom have violent crime in our area and only need a small police force.  Usually just to take the report and call the coroner.   :o

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #371 on: February 09, 2012, 06:39:15 pm »
Are you all  gun shy in this dam forum (most of you) then I guess you really wouldn't like me, I still have my off-duty S&W 4516 in the safe , and a Tennessee slugger behind my front door :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #372 on: February 09, 2012, 06:59:40 pm »
Oh gee... here comes the conga line of men with small dicks out to prove something butch. ::)

We all might do better to stick to the topic of La Wumpella's lousy diet.

Offline denb45

« Reply #373 on: February 09, 2012, 07:04:10 pm »
Oh gee... here comes the conga line of men with small dicks out to prove something butch. ::)

We all might do better to stick to the topic of La Wumpella's lousy diet.

I don't have anything to prove, I had to carry one for a living , it was a part of my job ( it was required )

but yeah, let's get back on topic shall we  :-*
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #374 on: February 09, 2012, 07:16:38 pm »
, I still have my off-duty S&W 4516 in the safe , and a Tennessee slugger behind my front door :D

Beast!!   I use to own the little brother S&W 916 with a 21 round clip. 
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline denb45

« Reply #375 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:03 pm »
Beast!!   I use to own the little brother S&W 916 with a 21 round clip.

I'm gonna refrain for gun speak in here, as we all know it upsets most people (at least the non-red-necks & gun shy ones)  ;D

Hey WIllywump  what's for dinner, anything good  ;)

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #376 on: February 09, 2012, 08:22:15 pm »

but yeah, let's get back on topic shall we  :-*

FUCK all this talk about guns. 

Here's a picture of The David, Wumpette style

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #377 on: February 09, 2012, 09:25:21 pm »

Here's a picture of The David, Wumpette style

Umm, can someone please clean under ma belly. I cant reach.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #378 on: February 09, 2012, 09:34:15 pm »
Rev. Moon, I think your statue pictar needs this t-shirt from Wumpy's (at one time very deep) closet

Offline denb45

« Reply #379 on: February 09, 2012, 09:39:11 pm »
Rev. Moon, I think your statue pictar needs this t-shirt from Wumpy's (at one time very deep) closet

::) miss p will you please post a pic of an original HOGGIE PHILLY for me, AKA a Grinder , Thanks Doll baby  :-*

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #380 on: February 09, 2012, 09:42:31 pm »
Oh btw fatties, I've been a really really good boy for the last 3 months. Each morning I have had Oatmeal and a banana, in place of the Tacos and such (As you remember my cholesteral was slightly elevated at last labs). Cant wait to see on monday how my lipids look now after all the oatmeal and fish oil  ;D

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #381 on: February 09, 2012, 09:43:46 pm »
::) miss p will you please post a pic of an original HOGGIE PHILLY for me, AKA a Grinder , Thanks Doll baby  :-*

IMO, Sarcone's makes the very best hoagie in Philadelphia:

http://www.foodaphilia.com/2008/10/sarcones.html

... and the reason is because they have their own bakery that makes the bread daily, and they also probably are the source for 75% of the top hoagie delis in the entire city

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #382 on: February 09, 2012, 09:45:00 pm »
Cant wait to see on monday how my lipids look now after all the oatmeal and fish oil  ;D

Whatever they end up being you'll need to scan your lab report for proof. And while you're at it scan your driver's license.

Offline denb45

« Reply #383 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:21 pm »
IMO, Sarcone's makes the very best hoagie in Philadelphia:

http://www.foodaphilia.com/2008/10/sarcones.html

... and the reason is because they have their own bakery that makes the bread daily, and they also probably are the source for 75% of the top hoagie delis in the entire city

OH YES, now that's what I'm talking about...mmmmmmmm D 'yum   you need to show us around D.C. you know most of us from all points west are gonna be lost  :-[

Offline wolfter

« Reply #384 on: February 09, 2012, 09:48:57 pm »
OK, to get back off topic...I couldn't resist sharing this even if it's made up.  Reminds me of my grandmother.  (who is doing quite well after a successful surgery).

Wolfie
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2012, 09:51:48 pm »

Or should he go with this one?

Or perhaps...

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #386 on: February 10, 2012, 01:43:37 pm »
Paesano's Daddy Wad: mortadella w/pistachio, Genoa salami, sopressata & cappacolla, sharp provolone, arugula, tomatoes, onions, sweet & hot peppers... oh, and a Jarritos Mexican Cola -- and I should add that the bread used at Paesano's is the afore mentioned bread from Sarcone's bakery.

ps: Paesano's won on the Food Network throw-down against Bobby Flay :)

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 01:48:30 pm by Miss Philicia »

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #387 on: February 10, 2012, 04:06:24 pm »
Genoa salami, sopressata & cappacolla, sharp provolone, arugula, tomatoes, onions, sweet & hot peppers...

...this pretty much is the perfect sandwich.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #388 on: February 10, 2012, 04:07:42 pm »
...this pretty much is the perfect sandwich.

... but it wasn't from a chain establishment or a buffet line -- are you sure you can handle such a thing?

Offline denb45

« Reply #389 on: February 11, 2012, 04:30:12 pm »
... but it wasn't from a chain establishment or a buffet line -- are you sure you can handle such a thing?

Miss P, why do you torture teh Wumpette so much? is this the way you treat all men....lol  :-*

Offline Hellraiser

• Semi-misanthropic
« Reply #390 on: February 11, 2012, 07:10:56 pm »
Miss P, why do you torture teh Wumpette so much? is this the way you treat all men....lol  :-*

Awww Philly's not all bad.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #391 on: February 11, 2012, 07:16:43 pm »
Oh look -- I finally found Wumpy's youtube channel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzyRTcYU_Qo

Offline denb45

« Reply #392 on: February 11, 2012, 07:18:45 pm »

Now that is just SAD  ::) 

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #393 on: February 11, 2012, 10:47:30 pm »

sigh. It's true. I'm really a 700 pound Yankee with a bad Boston Accent.

What's funny is he is auditioning for a weightloss program with an open box of Lucky Charms behind him. What happened to his cat? Didnt he have a cat? did he eat him? Poor kitteh.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #394 on: February 11, 2012, 11:58:52 pm »
Only 7 more replies needed and "Nutrition, Wumpette Style" will be in the hall of fame - that's right it will make the "Top Topics" list of the forums....   (I'm very proud of you Will).

And, I refuse to dishonor your glory by promoting the "Dayummm Syphilis" thread here. So, once again, from the creator of the "Dayummm Syphilis" thread to you - I send my  heartfelt congratulations --- I knew you could do it.
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #395 on: February 12, 2012, 12:05:42 am »
Only 7 more replies needed and "Nutrition, Wumpette Style" will be in the hall of fame - that's right it will make the "Top Topics" list of the forums....   (I'm very proud of you Will).

And, I refuse to dishonor your glory by promoting the "Dayummm Syphilis" thread here. So, once again, from the creator of the "Dayummm Syphilis" thread to you - I send my  heartfelt congratulations --- I knew you could do it.

LOLWUT? How do yall get this data?

*clears throat* I'd like to think all the little people (like MissP) who made this possible, oh and McDonalds and Pancakes and all the others. *sniff*

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #396 on: February 12, 2012, 12:15:12 am »
Only 7 more replies needed and "Nutrition, Wumpette Style" will be in the hall of fame - that's right it will make the "Top Topics" list of the forums.... 

To celebrate this achievement let us all eat some donuts.

5 more to go.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #397 on: February 12, 2012, 12:17:30 am »
To celebrate this achievement let us all eat some donuts.

5 more to go.

I jsut popped open a box of Cheez-its, and am working on a 2 liter of Diet Dr. Pepper.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #398 on: February 12, 2012, 07:25:49 am »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #399 on: February 12, 2012, 09:16:39 am »
Am I the only person who never buys 2 liters of soda?

ps: I did, however, purchase three bottles of Jarritos this week -- Lime, Tamarind (my fave!) and Mexican Cola.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.