Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:30:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773224
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 608
Total: 610

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Im living with HIV and want to talk with others...  (Read 10061 times)

Offline rayvjr

• Just Tested Positive.Com
Im living with HIV and want to talk with others...
« on: November 19, 2006, 08:01:29 pm »
Hey...when I tested positive last November I really was depressed and didn't find anything but dating or medical sites.  So I created my own site, its just for us and doesn't cost a thing.  Lets meet and talk at www.justtestedpositive.com

Offline Eldon

Re: Im living with HIV and want to talk with others...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 08:17:06 pm »
Hey Rayvjr,

It is unfortunate that you have tested positive with HIV. However is is good that you are reaching out to others for additional support. You will experience many thing s on this site as you interact with us.

I wish to extend to you a warm WELCOME here at the forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real People who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.
Implementing a Positive Mental Attitude will also assit you on your journey in this life as well as a positive impact on your immune system.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time as it is highly therapeutic.

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 and eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, and low-fat dairy and avoid processed foods, saturated and trans fats. This will also help you maintain a healthy weight.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Make the BEST of each and every Day!

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 08:19:37 pm »

Can I still go there even though I did not "JUST" test positive..  Is there a cut off?  I tested pos in September of 2005.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 08:21:26 pm »

Eldon you keep giving me fits of deja vu!   I'm going nuts I think!
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline RevMC

• It's me!
    • Psychic AwakeningSchool.com
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 11:41:51 pm »
Hi Ray,

Great for you!!!  I wish you the best of luck with your website.  Remember too to point people to here if they have questions, there's a lot of useful information here.  People will visit both sites.

18 1/2 yrs of being poz so I guess I'm out  ;)

Love and Light,

Rev. Michael
Part of my story: "Sale Of A Lifetime" POZ December 2003
https://www.poz.com/article/Sale-of-a-Lifetime-752-6797

Started on Truvada and Viramune on 2/15/07

Jan 8, 2007   t-cells 215  Viral Load 10,000  24%
March 26'th  T-cells 306   Viral Load  UNDETECTABLE
June 2007 t-cells 375 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE
August 2007 t-cells 290 Viral Load UNDETECTABLE

Love and Light and Reiki sent your way,
Rev. Michae

Offline Eldon

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2006, 11:44:19 pm »
Hey Thomas,

Deja vu?

Make the BEST of each Day!

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 01:06:09 pm »
Everyone is welcome...its a site for all of us to come together and chat...since I posted this a lot of people have come by to chat...come and visit.... www.justtestedpositive.com

Offline rayvjr

You guys have alot to say...share it with me...
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:13:32 pm »
Just put up a webradio station page on my website for people like us.  You can put your voice comments on it and share ideas and thoughts...come by and visit...just a site for people with HIV to meet...chat...share ideas...I made it myself and dont charge...and never will....so pass by www.justtestedpositive.com and leave your thoughts and comments on the radio for others like us to hear...kinda like a voice message board..lol....Im also hoping some of you will put on a radio show...

Offline rayvjr

Re: You guys have alot to say...share it with me...
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:14:47 pm »
And you don't have to be recently positive...its for all of us....

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 03:16:05 pm »
So every one of this person's 7 posts has been a promotion for this other site.  Is that allowed?  Buy a banner ad.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:57:24 pm by MSPspud »

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 03:23:26 pm »
hey...Im just trying to bring us together...trust me Im not making any money...just making friends...

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 03:27:04 pm »
when I tested positive all I could find was pay sites and dating sites and medical sites...I'm just trying to bring us together, Im sorry if it seems otherwise...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 03:29:03 pm by rayvjr »

Offline dad1216

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 03:42:07 pm »
I think most of us has already found our site to share our ideas and thoughts with some of the greatest people around....

It's right here!!
23 years HIV+ (Oct 88)
11 years AIDS (March 00)

CD4=83  VL=47,000  (May 2011)
CD4=63  VL=78,470  (Oct 2010)
Prezista..Norvir..Truvada

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 04:13:45 pm »
I didn't expect such negativity trying to put together something new...its a shame.  Here I am trying to do something good...something that made me smile for a little while...and you two guys just bring me down.  If we don't look out for each other, who will.  What a bummer...

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 04:19:12 pm »
OK, then... you've reached a support forum, yet have told us nothing about yourself or your issues.  Your last 10 posts have been about nothing other then this site (which by the way, most of us are well past just testing positive). 

If I wanted advertisements, I'd turn off my pop-up blocker.

Just my two cents.

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 04:42:46 pm »
Its fine...I get it...won't bother you again...I just thought some people might actually benefit from your experiences....but I guess reaching out here is not a good idea.  Some of us haven't come to terms with HIV as easily as you...I was trying to be creative instead of crying, or being depressed over my condition...I guess I turned to the wrong people for support.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 04:52:06 pm by rayvjr »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 04:58:38 pm »
Ray,

I've merged your two threads that you started in one forum because they're both on the same subject. Please, try to start no more than one thread on a subject.

(That doesn't mean if someone else started a thread on a similar subject that you can't...)

It seems a little odd to me that you'd come to an established forum to advertise your own without getting to know us or even (it would seem) understanding that you're posting on a forum that is already set up... doing just what you say you couldn't find. Confused? Me too.

It's a bit like hacking into a Budwiser advert to hawk your own brand of beer.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 05:04:12 pm »
No Ann, I like this forum.  I created a very simple site that was my way of reaching out to others.  Its not just a message board and I just came here to share it with others...its not a profit thing...heck I put my money into and Im not charging a red cent and never will...I was just trying to share....but I guess this is upsetting to people here...Im sorry...

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 05:11:47 pm »
Hey, Ray! 

I don't think anyone's trying to stomp on your idea outright.  I just think we'd all like to get to know more about you & where you're coming from first before we hop over to broadcast our HIV stories.  Your other thread title was "share with me".  I think everybody just kinda wants you to share with us some first.

But I don't think anyone intends to make you feel like you're being run off or anything.
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 05:17:11 pm »
Ok, I am Ray from New Jersey.  I am a the father of an adopted 11 year old child, and was diagnosed one year ago this month.  At the time, i was an elected official in the State of New Jersey.  I went public with my diagnosis on World AIDS Day because I felt I needed to be an example that HIV affects us all, even, successful politicians.  The public was very supportive, the party kicked me off the ticket.  I did not run for re-election.  I have spent the last year of my life putting the pieces together.  I built a site to bring us together, not to make money...I am very disapointed that people have reacted to the fact that I came to the "well" to get "water".  Yes, you have many readers here and I felt that some might be interested in what I was doing....

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 05:24:46 pm »
Well, Ray-  good to meet ya!  And, yes I am interested.  I still think you'll probably need to stick around and spend some time among folks here before many would warm up to the idea.  It's an intensely personal arena that would probably require time to work up trust.  I'm sure you can understand that and that it's nothing against you individually. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline poet

• Poet living and working in Central Maine
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 05:56:07 pm »
Ray, let's talk about massage and massage sites.  Years ago, there was one website for male masseurs and bodyworkers to link or list from.  For some reason, the site's owner began to let things slip.  Listings no longer were active.  Links no longer worked.  With his permission, I created what became the largest website for male masseurs and bodyworkers (and kept expanding it into men's health and wellness).  We were both free sites, to use and to link/list from.  Then two site developers came along and created their own sites.  Both charged linkers/listers eventually.  But you know what?  We all met different needs and hit different markets.  Guys used all four of the sites.  Aspects of one site, profiling certain masseurs over others, were more attractive to some.  We co-existed.  So with that background, I would always welcome anyone looking at any website and figuring out how he would tweak the model.  It gives us all better products/sites.  I wish you well with your website.  Win
Winthrop Smith has published three collections of poetry: Ghetto: From The First Five; The Weigh-In: Collected Poems; Skin Check: New York Poems.  The last was published in December 2006.  He has a work-in-progress underway titled Starting Positions.

Offline srmn98

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 06:08:56 pm »
hey there,

I checked out your site and was excited by what I found. I'm recently diagnosed (6 weeks) and am looking for all of the resources I can. Best of luck and I will chat with you soon.

:)

s

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 09:56:30 pm »
Ray,

I think it's great that you started your own site. I agree with Thunter that folks were prolly taken aback by it because we don't know much about you. It's sad that your party kicked you due to being honest about being poz. This is not the only site I go to and feel free to PM with the addy to your site.
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline MSPspud

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 10:24:03 pm »
Welcome and thank you.  I am sorry for my reaction earlier but I am extremely leery of promotions w/o the person being on the board for a bit.  Overtime we have gotten a lot of that and it bugs the shit out of me when people just use the board only to promote.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 10:26:35 pm by MSPspud »

Offline rayvjr

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 09:41:30 pm »
Thanks for the change of heart guys...you guys have such great things to say on this Message Board.  I have a radio program on my site...anyone interested in sharing a few thoughts?  You can send me audio MP3 or WAV up to thirty minutes.  I broadcast a show every week...would love to have other people doing shows too!...any amauteur radio hosts here..LOL...you can email those MP3 files or WAV files to ray@justtestedpositive.com...if you listen to my show you'll see I'm not so bad after all...lol...just looking for friends!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 11:11:05 pm »
I'm still waiting for that addy? I use to dj back in the day for a college station. PM me with the details, please.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Longislander

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2006, 11:38:30 pm »
I just visited the site, and it's a nice little place he's got there. A few HIV related vid to watch, a chat room, and the radio broadcast thing.

Queen, justtestedpositive.com
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 12:41:33 am »
Ah, thanks Long....
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Longislander

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2006, 12:43:53 am »
 ;D
infected 10/05 diagnosed 12-05
2/06   379/57000                    6/07 372/30500 25%   4/09 640/U/32% 
5/06   ?? /37000                     8/07 491/55000/24%    9/09 913/U/39%
8/06   349/9500 25%              11/07 515/68000/24     2/10 845/U/38%
9/06   507/16,000 30% !          2/08  516/116k/22%    7/10 906/80/39%
12/06 398/29000 26%             Start Atripla 3/08
3/07   402/80,000 29%            4/08  485/undet!/27
4/07   507/35,000 25%            7/08 625/UD/34%
                                                 11/08 684/U/36%

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.