Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 07:33:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37649
  • Latest: MSB92
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773264
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 361
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 320
Total: 321

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Living with HIV and normal life too!  (Read 3675 times)

Offline getbusyliving

Living with HIV and normal life too!
« on: July 25, 2006, 10:08:57 pm »
I have not posted for quite a while.  I have found a special friend via these forums and we have been in constant contact for over a year now.  Our (elctronic) relationship has gone from initially dealing with having HIV, to learning to live with HIV, to learning to live a normal life with HIV. 

To that end, I thought we should discuss current events (i.e.) life as we know it, even though we all have this bleepin virus. 

So what the feck (quoting Ann) is up with Israel and the Hezbollah?  Everyone keeps telling me that Hezbollah are terrorists and that the Middle East citizens are all whacko and there will never be an end to all of this.  At first glance it would be easy to agree.  However, I fianlly tried to think as if I were a living in Lebanon.  It started to remind me of how I feel being HIV positive.

Isn't it or wasn't it so hard to imagine how you feel today when you were first diagnosed?  So how would you feel if you were a Lebanon resident?  Who's the terrorist and where does USA fit into this ideology?  Perhaps this is too far off the beaten path to solicit your comments, but perhaps you remember life before HIV and have learned via HIV that we never know how we are actually going to handle a situation until we are dealt the cards. 

By the way I am a middle aged caucasion professional born and raised in USA (i.e) I am not a middle east national soliciting support, I just wonder how what we are all thinking about current events.

GBL     
I decided it was either time to get busy living or get busy dying.

120304 diagnosed cd4 26 vl 30,000.
012305 started meds - Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada
06xx05 simply undetectable
07xx06 cd4 202 vl 94
0507 cd4 198 vl undetectable
today - feeling strong

Offline Jeffreyj

Re: Living with HIV and normal life too!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2006, 01:42:53 am »
Wow...Spinning HiV into the Middle East Mess...quite a reach. Shouldn't this be in the "off topic" area?
Positive since 1985

Offline purplerain

• finally figured out the pic thing
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2006, 03:47:44 am »
U said it Jeff. 

I'm not gonna say that I don't understand what your saying on some level but I will say I don't understand ANY OF IT ON ANY LEVEL!!!!!!!!!!!

But that's just me religion,  just not sure this is the right forum 2 discuss such issues

Just my thoughts

Offline getbusyliving

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 08:38:17 am »
That is absolutely understandable.  If you want to reply feel free.  If you feel this thread is misdirected, than that is ok too.
I decided it was either time to get busy living or get busy dying.

120304 diagnosed cd4 26 vl 30,000.
012305 started meds - Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada
06xx05 simply undetectable
07xx06 cd4 202 vl 94
0507 cd4 198 vl undetectable
today - feeling strong

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 09:03:29 am »
I spent some time with a young couple from Lebanon week before last,who live in US now. They had just returned from a vacation in Lebanon visiting their families. They told me the overwhelming mood in the country is pro Israel. They were very frustrated that every US news show or paper is reporting the opposite.
The said the terrorist forces that have hijacked their country are funded exclusively by Syria and Iran and Lebanon is not powerful enough to expel them. They also know that Lebanon civilians may suffer some casualties but the need to rid Lebanon of the Syrian and Iranian forces comes first.  They were very happy that the US was not stopping Israel as US has done in past, cause it only lets the terrorists reload.

Offline simon2

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 05:42:28 am »
Hi there,
It is very heartening to see you raising the question of Lebanon and relating it to HIV....how a Lebanese resident feels, etc.
It is a very complicated question. USA is, after all, supplying arms to Israel.
Israel (and many observers) claims that the Lebanon started these attacks.
However, it is not a clear cut simple case as many other countries, interests, terrorists overlap, and everyone has some motive for egging their side on, not to mention Bush's own agenda and the gasoline supply (and price).
It is a seemingly unsolvable question, made up as it is of religion wars, gas wars, and plenty of crazed terrorists who just want to kill themselves and take as many with them as they can.
Is there one source of news we can really trust?
The London-based BBC is now accused of being biased against Israel and only shows the Lebanese casualties and wounded children on its news reports. I wonder (being English) if this could be true?
Any suggestions as to where to get really unbiased info on the current situation would be most welcome.
I get NY Times online, and wonder how unbiased that is. I am Jewish, but I am aware that NY Times ownership is Jewish, so can it be unbiased?
I find it VERY difficult to track down replies on this system, so if you wish an exchange of views or conversation, please contact me at:

simon2blues@yahoo.co.uk

Hope to hear from you!
Best Regards,
Simon

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.