Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:51:42 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773205
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 572
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 521
Total: 523

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I hate being responsible.  (Read 8527 times)

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
I hate being responsible.
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:12:04 pm »
Actually, let me rephrase that to, "I hate putting off what I want to do for what I have to do as a result of my past irresponsibility."

Had to cancel New York trip because of a clap-infested prostate the size of a bowling ball? 

Check.

Had to cancel Atlanta trip because of a new job (technically, this wasn't the result of my irresponsibility... but still)?

Check.

Just had to cancel trip to Montreal because price of paying defaulted student loans on top of the remaining back taxes I owe to the IRS is too much right now?

Check.

I feel so lame and un-punk rawk. 

It feels nice to be taking care of the stuff I need to... but probably not as nice as potentially catching another case of the clap in Hotlanta whilst wastado.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline carousel

Re: I hate being responsible.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:15:32 pm »
Have you considered not travelling?  Every time you're on your way, you seem jinxed. 

Have you crossed anyone lately?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:17:28 pm »
Have you considered not travelling?  Every time you're on your way, you seem jinxed. 

Have you crossed anyone lately?

Seriously!

I go to Austin, and the plane has a teeny problem with the wings at 1800 feet, and we have to turn around.  That was fun.

I go to Charleston, and the train is six hours late coming home.

Perhaps... I should stay at home with my cats and slowly hate everyone.  I love travelling too much, though.  It pisses me off when I can't go places. 

Le sigh.

Offline jyngfilm

• AHH! I knew it, Betty had balls
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:19:18 pm »
can i say it any better than perry ferrell ?

"..Way down low where the streets are littered
I find my fun with the freaks and the niggers
I dont want much man give me a little
Or Im gonna take my chances if i get 'em

I love them whores they never judge you
What can you say when your a whore?
They cast that pearl and it don't upset 'em
They take their chances if they get 'em"

in response to  catching the clap in hotlanta
love ya benj. ...sorry you'll miss it.
maybe next time.
~jordon
munchausen by proxy is not an out in my case

Offline izprince1984

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2007, 02:05:45 am »
Actually, let me rephrase that to, "I hate putting off what I want to do for what I have to do as a result of my past irresponsibility."

Had to cancel New York trip because of a clap-infested prostate the size of a bowling ball? 

Check.

Had to cancel Atlanta trip because of a new job (technically, this wasn't the result of my irresponsibility... but still)?

Check.

Just had to cancel trip to Montreal because price of paying defaulted student loans on top of the remaining back taxes I owe to the IRS is too much right now?

Check.

I feel so lame and un-punk rawk. 

It feels nice to be taking care of the stuff I need to... but probably not as nice as potentially catching another case of the clap in Hotlanta whilst wastado.

Guess I got off lucky just having gonorrhea and pissing blood.

You make my life sound like a bowl of cherries, so bless you.
ryan@ryan-desktop:~$ apt-get moo
         (__)
         (oo)
   /------\/
  / |    ||   
 *  /\---/\
    ~~   ~~   
...."Have you mooed today?"...

Offline budndallastx

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2007, 10:51:31 am »
Seriously!

I go to Austin, and the plane has a teeny problem with the wings at 1800 feet, and we have to turn around.  That was fun.

I go to Charleston, and the train is six hours late coming home.

Perhaps... I should stay at home with my cats and slowly hate everyone.  I love travelling too much, though.  It pisses me off when I can't go places. 

Le sigh.

Please keep us posted on your future travel plans so we can make sure we're not on the same plane / train / ship !!

Looks like you have the proverbial black cloud around you while traveling.

Meds since: 11/20/2006
Sustiva / Truvada
12/08/2008 VL:<48 CD4 622 (38%)   
9/8/2008 VL:<48 CD4 573 (30%)
5/2008 VL:<48 CD4 464 (30%)
1/2008  VL: <50  CD4 425(28%)
9/2007   VL: <50  CD4 465 (27%)
6/2007   VL: <50   CD4 443 (26%)
3/2007  VL: <50   CD4 385 (25%)
12/2006 - VL: <50   CD4: 384 (25%)
11/2006 - VL:  22K  CD4: 208 (18%)

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2007, 01:18:16 pm »
Yeah, responsibility sucks.

Lately I'd kind of really like not having to travel so much.  I have stuff to take care of around here, a cat who is confused because I can't find anyone permanent to house sit, and a really screwed up workout schedule.    But then, I don't travel too much for fun... it's all work. 

So, while you were whittling away your carefree youth, did you often say to yourself "i will worry about this some day".... and now... it's that day?  I know that feeling. 
Guess what, though ... as you age, you don't stop making mistakes, you only get more determined to make them in the most spectacular way possible. 
Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 01:27:46 pm »
So, while you were whittling away your carefree youth, did you often say to yourself "i will worry about this some day".... and now... it's that day?  I know that feeling. 
Guess what, though ... as you age, you don't stop making mistakes, you only get more determined to make them in the most spectacular way possible. 

Yes.  Exactly. 

"I'll think about that tomorrow."

Tomorrow turns into three years.  You know how it is. 

I've had a lot of fun whittling away the carefree youth... I have some awesome stories... probably done more than most people my age.  But yeah, I have to be all good and shit right now.  Icky.

With all the mistakes I've made, I'm thinking about becoming a nuclear engineer  just so I can turn the entire East Coast into a giant uranium fondue, so I can top my previous mistakes in spectacularness. 

Oh yes.

Offline dtwpuck

• дано мне тело, что мне делать с ним?
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2007, 01:42:25 pm »
Believe me... i know the feeling.  I went on a collision course of bad decisions in my 20's, ending in bankruptcy, hiv, therapy and one really bad tattoo... which is now covered up.
But hey... at least I can look at younger guys now making all the same mistakes I did and think "If I say anything they are about as likely to listen as I would have been."
So instead, I choose to do what I've always done:  have fun with the moment.

Floating through the void in the caress of two giant pink lobsters named Esmerelda and Keith.

Offline bear60

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 03:11:15 pm »
Seriously Benj....it sounds like you need to do some work on your karma.
"Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The results or "fruits" of actions are called karma-phala. Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward; karma simply deals with what is. The effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to others. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well. It is cumulative."
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 03:13:09 pm »
Seriously Benj....it sounds like you need to do some work on your karma.
"Karma is a sum of all that an individual has done, is currently doing and will do. The results or "fruits" of actions are called karma-phala. Karma is not about retribution, vengeance, punishment or reward; karma simply deals with what is. The effects of all deeds actively create past, present and future experiences, thus making one responsible for one's own life, and the pain and joy it brings to others. In religions that incorporate reincarnation, karma extends through one's present life and all past and future lives as well. It is cumulative."

I have the very good fortune to not believe in karma.

Do I know that actions have consequences?  Indeed.

Do I think those consequences are directed?  Nope.

Offline bear60

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 03:15:02 pm »
well..... I get by with a lttle help from my friends...and a little karma....its all relevant.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 03:17:00 pm »
well..... I get by with a lttle help from my friends...and a little karma....its all relevant.

I'm a devout atheist, bear.  Remember?   :D

Offline bear60

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 03:21:03 pm »
Oh...somehow I did forget that.  But to me karma has nothing to do with religion...its kind of like tracing your ancestry...thats not a religious experience. But it can bring meaning to your life.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2007, 03:30:15 pm »
Oh...somehow I did forget that.  But to me karma has nothing to do with religion...its kind of like tracing your ancestry...thats not a religious experience. But it can bring meaning to your life.

Personally, my atheism extends to disbelieving in anything that's not material.

I reject all mysticism.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 03:35:29 pm »
I reject all mysticism.

So why do you keep having fucked up travel plans? lol

The emo forces working against you? :o :-*
Infected Probably: may 2005
Diagnosed: 11/2006

11/28/2006 CD4:309 / VL: 1907 No meds yet
12/27/2006 CD4:339/  VL:1649 No meds yet
  4/28/2007 CD4:550/  VL:1800 No meds :-)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 03:43:28 pm »
I'm not big on karma either... or any kind of mysticism.  I need logic.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 03:44:23 pm »
So why do you keep having fucked up travel plans? lol

The emo forces working against you? :o :-*

Jesus hates me.

Duh.

;D

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 03:49:31 pm »
hypocrite.....thought you didnt believe in jesus LOL

..i forget athiest is you dont believe in anything and agnostic is you choose not to acknowledge or the other way around (just curious)

-josh
(who doesnt know what he believes in but he likes the easter bunny and santa clause)

Offline bear60

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 03:54:17 pm »
I'm not big on karma either... or any kind of mysticism.  I need logic. quote Philly

As I hear it...you just need a big dick.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 03:56:31 pm »
LOL....big dicks are always a plus...

I try not to believe in KARMA but for some reason it usually tends to bite me in the ass....

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 03:57:02 pm »
hypocrite.....thought you didnt believe in jesus LOL

..i forget athiest is you dont believe in anything and agnostic is you choose not to acknowledge or the other way around (just curious)

-josh
(who doesnt know what he believes in but he likes the easter bunny and santa clause)

The words come from Greek.

atheism= a + theism.  "A" means "no" and "theism" means "theism."

"Agnosticism" comes from the "a" meaning "no" and "gnosis" meaning "knowledge."  There are many, many variations of agnosticism (and atheism for that matter), but in brief, atheists say there is no god, and agnostics say that they don't know if there's a god... and if there is one, we can't know anything about him, her, or it.

Offline puertorico2006

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 04:00:01 pm »
thanks for the clarification  ;D

-Josh
(who stole the tooth fairys tu-tu when he was a kid)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 04:10:25 pm »
Big dicks are always helpful.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.