Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 12:53:43 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 203
Total: 203

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What concerns you most about living longer with HIV/AIDS?  (Read 15163 times)

Offline newbernswiss

What concerns you most about living longer with HIV/AIDS?
« on: August 12, 2007, 06:46:46 pm »
 :P What is your biggest concern for living longer with HIV/AIDS?

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
Re: What concerns you most about living longer with HIV/AIDS?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 07:14:59 pm »

Tough question.  I'm not sure I can come up with one issue that concerns me the "most".  There are so many issues that most of us LTS are struggling with.

I suppose for me, right now, it's the financial issue.  I retired from a well paying job on January 1 of 1994 cause I was told I had 18 - 24 months to live.  I gave up a lot then, but even more if you consider where I'd be today had that not happened.  I also did as so many others and lived as if there were not many tomorrows.  (Once on a extended Prednisone treatment I went out and bought a Camaro Z28--I hated that damn car!)

Today I'm fortunate that I have a small LTD income in addition to my SSDI.  When I turn 65, that will go away.

Living on a fixed income makes paying the bills every month hard (especially when there is a huge disparity in income between my partner and myself--we split everything 50/50 and I won't let it be any other way.)  Doing it when I'm over 65 and beyond, doing it for another 20 -25 years (I fully plan of living to a ripe old age!), that just seems impossible.  I don't know how to fix that.

The close second is maintaining my access to quality health care and the prescriptions drugs that keep me alive. 

These two alternate positions frequently, but today, it's the financial issue.

RAB

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 02:55:35 am »
My biggest fear is when will I start looking sick. I constantly try to work at getting past this fear. I tell myself that we are all going to get old sick and die regardless of what disease it is. All I can do is make the best of what I have now and have faith that I will handle anything else that comes up

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 04:30:47 am »
Learning to deal with the ailments associated with growing older - on top of living with the issues faced by we hi-fivers.

It is one thing to face living with PN, lipo, etc. But just when you get somewhat acclimated, mother nature begins to add on the other things such as cataracts, arthritis and the like.

Then you add in the things that may be age related, or HIV related, or HIV meds related, such as high cholesterol.

There are times when it is a bit overwhelming.

I guess the only answer is to roll with the punches and come up fighting.

HUGS,

Mark
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:32:40 am by aztecan »
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline xyahka

• Dance together!! aha!! aha!! I like it!!
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 05:28:15 am »
My biggest fear is when will I start looking sick.

My biggest fear is about when I will start to look old!!! LOL  :D

I actually have lot of not fears, but concerns.... will i be married? will i be lonely? who will take care of me when i would be weak? when will my relatives start to leave this earth? will i go first? will i be last one? if i stay alive.. will i be able to take care of myself?

Actually the list grows and grows the more i think about it... so i took a decission... i won't think about it by now. When i become 50 or more i will try to answer some of those questions, even though.... life could have given me the answer for several of them by that time.

Juan Carlos (living a day at a time)
13/03/07 1er diagnóstico /Peso: 79kg
19/04/07 CD4: 494 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 80kg
19/07/07 CD4: 659 /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79.5kg
06/03/08 CD4: 573 (después de meses muy deprimido) /CViral: ?? /Peso: 79kg
17/09/08 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 84Kg
06/02/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 85Kg /HCV: Neg /HBV: Neg.
07/03/09 CD4: ?? /CViral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg / Gym 3días/semana y Natación 2días/semana.
12/05/09 CD4: 470 /Cviral: ?? /Peso: 87Kg.
08/07/09 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 77Kg.
09/12/09 CD4: 510 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg. No medicinas aún
10/01/10 CD4: ? /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
15/05/10 CD4: 320 /CViral: ? /Peso: 76Kg.
01/02/11 CD4: 291 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
05/05/11 CD4: 366 /CViral: ? /Peso: 78kg.
27/07/11 CD4: 255 /CViral: 138000 /Peso: 78kg.

Disfrutando y aceptando una nueva vida...

Offline aztecan

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 12:17:53 pm »
Hey Juan Carlos,

I am 50.  :'(

Actually, come to think of it, I am 50!!! ;D ;D ;D

To date, it beats the alternative.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline skeetau

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 12:27:22 pm »
Hi,

I am a long term survivor, I live in Brisbane Australia, I was diagnosed in February 1986. I have several concerns right now and I am not sure how to address some of them but after going through the crap this virus has delivered us all, I'm sure the answers will come to me eventually.  :)

My health has improved in the past couple of years, I am feeling the best I have in years. But my major concerns are what am I supposed to do with my life now that I'm clearly not going to die anytime soon, I mean seriously where do you head after not working in a fulltime since May 1994. I am on the Disability Support Pension (An Australian government pension), I am made to feel like a bludger by our homophobic, out of touch with reality, mean and tricky Federal government who has made it hard for us to survive let alone live. (please let them be turfed out at the soon to be announced Federal election) Thank goodness these cheapskates weren't in power when the epidemic started in Australia!

I suffer from debilitating peripheral neuropathy in my lower limbs, my fingers are always painful these days, I can't feel things with my fingers much now, my grip sometimes isn't great and I drop things because of it. I can't type or write for very long periods of time, my hand writing has become illegible to the point of being embarrassing and I take painkillers to reduce the discomfort, so working on painkillers would be a health and safety issue I suppose.

I know at this stage my health wouldn't stand fulltime work, and being in a deadend short term job would be boring after the things I used to do. I have thought about doing a University degree part-time, I have been studying French at Uni since last year so I would built a degree around that hopefully.

So I am at a cross road in my life. I now find myself in a position where I need to make the sorts of decisions I could have made 25 years ago but didn't because I left school at year 10 instead of going to year 12 and then onto Uni. Only difference is I'm a lot older and that is one thing I never thought I'd have to go through, was getting old!

There are so many issues it's hard to write them down but I hope this gives you an idea of how I'm going and the things I am now dealing with after years of illness. Finances are a huge barrier to doing lots of things and paying for some drugs that are not listed on our Pharmacutical Benefits Scheme. This is a great site and so many of your stories are truly inspirational, I will try to put one together in the next week to post on the "Introduce yourself" topic.

Until then take care and keep fighting your way through this as we now live in interesting times!

Hugs to all.

:)

Offline gaspode

• A very naughty nurse
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 02:02:35 pm »

My health has improved in the past couple of years, I am feeling the best I have in years. But my major concerns are what am I supposed to do with my life now that I'm clearly not going to die anytime soon,

Double edged sword!! Great to still be alive, but there was also, for me, some relief in thinking I might die soon after years of waiting. But I faced that one 10 years ago and went back to doing what I do best - being a nurse.

I guess living with the continuing fear of descrimination is fairly high up there. But probably biggest is the fear that, having rebuilt my life to be better than it was before, I will have to face losing it again, sooner or later - could I face that bravely a second time?

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 11:07:51 pm »
Hi,
I agree with Aztecan, I am 29.
I am 29 and counting.
I've been going with this for 13 years now, and I can only pray that I make it to 40.
But I was praying I'd make it to 30, and now I am 29.

I'll just keep on going and going until  I don't.
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2007, 08:25:08 am »

Preventing my brain, from turning to mush....Plus I am 55 years young, so I ain't no spring rooster !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2007, 08:32:30 am »
1. Becoming a political radical who would be willing to risk anything and do anything to create change.

2. Staying young and beautiful -- I certainly subscribed to "live fast, die young and leave a pretty body" for years.  Thank goodness I got a free face lift during my last brain surgery in Dec 1994, though I don't think I'll ever need the neurosurgeon again.

3. Being kept in a style to which I could grow accustomed in my golden years -- I'm fortunate enough to be able to save about 10% of my income now, and I push my partner to do the same, but living into my eighties and nineties like most of my elder relatives looks less attractive every year, though I'm certainly I'll still be a hot sexy Daddy at any age.
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline RICKY77531

• just Chill
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 09:09:10 pm »
staying sane...hoping treatment doesn"t stop working...also the effects HAART will eventually have on my body
06/2007   CD4 266  Vl 62000
06/2007   CD4 200  Vl 13495
07/2007   ATRIPLA
09/2007   CD4 323  VL Undetectable
11/2007   CD4 428  VL Undetectable
01/2008   CD4 357  VL Undetectable
04/2008   CD4 357  VL UNDETECTABLE
08/2008   CD4 402  VL UNDETECTABLE
11/2008   CD4 421  79 DETECTABLE..
2/2009     CD4 450  VL UNDETECTABLE

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 10:02:18 am »
Dementia or Alzheimer's and not being able to take care of myself and have to depend on someone else.  Being in a nursing home.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline smalltown66

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 07:06:52 pm »
Which is going to get me first, the virus or the complictions from the meds?
On the other hand, how long can I survive the financial strain and not become homeless and alone?
Lifting the weight of the world sure is easier with others with the same goal.

Offline wishihadacat

• Therainstorm.com
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 04:10:38 pm »

Less hair, less sex and more wrinkles.
Your name here  X_______________

Offline atxpozguy

• POZ+ 32 year milestone reached for Austin man
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 03:02:00 am »
My biggest concern is when there will be no more meds that are not resistant to the four virus mutations (strains). I just learned this afternoon (Thursday) while with my doctor going over the genotype results, that Lexiva is resistant to three of my virus strains (mutations). But, there is no resistance to Truvada to any the four strains (mutations).

When I asked what this means, she replied, "currently there are no meds in the Lexiva class available that you are not resistant to". Then I asked if this meant another med holiday for awhile, she said afraid so.

Although, on the horizon, there is a third stage clinical drug trial for a new Lexiva class drug, she said I should consider becoming a participate to control the viral load that has risen to 87,000 and is sure to rise quite higher.

Hmmm..what should I do, I was thinking while she left to room, thinking about the horrible experiences in the past with drug trials.

Well, when she comes back in the exam room, my mind was made up. Next week is my birthday on the 29th and I am going to spend 4 days of my family on the coast. Of course, turning 51 next week, actually makes my 25th anniversary of 25 Years with HIV/AIDS.

I will give it some thought and will let her know when I see my doctor the 2ND Monday in September.

Although, I am feeling really well, stopped smoking for good and the depression is getting better since my psychic doctor started me on Lexapro.

[attachment deleted by admin]
32 years poz LTS with no expiration date

Diagnosed HIV 1982
Diagnosed AIDS 2001

As of June 2015, VL <20 CD 435 26%

Currently taking a daily total of 17 meds while only two meds for AIDS, the rest for other body organs effected by years of retrovirals. Diagnosed with Lung Cancer 2012, COPD Stage 4 2015, IBS 2013, Chronic Cystitis, Chronic Renal Failure, Hearing Loss, Depression and everyday comes with different health episodes which has sent me to the Er via EMS on a regular basis.  My quality of life has been impacted dramatically.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2007, 04:35:20 am »
Less hair, less sex and more wrinkles.

In hindsight, that's not so scary.
 ;)
Mike
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 04:37:19 am by mjmel »

Offline aztecan

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 09:27:51 am »
There have been several things posted here that I hadn't thought about.

I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not.

Ever forward,

Mark

Offline redhotmuslbear

• A genuine certified freak of nature, and a hot one
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 10:00:23 am »
I just thought of one....... running out of good places to draw blood. 

In june at NIH and in April at Labcorp, the phlebotomists noted that my veins were getting doubly tough to puncture because of the scar tissue they've developed over the decades.  They are deep and roll, to begin with.

Ugh..... and in just over four weeks I get poked again by Labcorp for my 104-week (2 years)  off meds labs.  When they come back, I fax them to my study coordinators at NIH and Mass General (elite controllers), then wait to see how much blood they want from me before Thanksgiving.
"The real problem is not whether machines think but whether men do." - BF Skinner
12-31-09   222wks VL  2430 CD4 690 (37%)
09-30-09   208wks VL  2050  CD4 925 (42%)
06-25-08   143wks VL  1359  CD4 668 (32%)  CD8 885
02-11-08   123wks off meds:  VL 1364 CD4 892(40%/0.99 ratio)
10-19-07   112wks off meds:   VL 292  CD4 857(37%/0.85 ratio)

One copy of delta-32 for f*****d up CCR5 receptors, and an HLA B44+ allele for "CD8-mediated immunity"... beteer than winning Powerball, almost!

Offline allanq

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 03:56:36 pm »
Continuing access to good health care is probably my biggest concern. As health care costs escalate, it seems that each year my insurance becomes more expensive and more restrictive. I was able to get Fuzeon through my insurance, but they sure didn't make it easy. Raltegravir is due to be approved soon. If Merck prices it too high, I bet my health insurer will put up similar obstacles for continuing that drug.

My drug regimens have played havoc with my metabolism--high cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose. I take meds for all these conditions, but I'm still way over the "normal" range on all these tests. I'm sure this will eventually take its toll on my physical health. I'm resistant to many drugs, so it's not possible to pick and choose a regimen that will minimize these side effects.

Allan

Offline Pilot

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 05:23:30 pm »
Money will always be my major problem.  I have a fixed amount of money to live on and no hopes of making more at this time. I get my health care through Ryan White and when things happen my doctor tells me that unless I can come up with the money then we cant do much to find out what is causing me problems since i cant afford to pay for the test or any meds not covered by Ryan White.

God bless this country and the morons who run it. 

Offline dixieman

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 05:45:26 pm »
My biggest worry at one time was how much time I have left? Focusing on health... how to maintain my health? Reading everything, anything etc... now here I am after 16 years of hiv... Now I worry about will I live 5 more years for full retirement? I'm selling material possessions that I've inherited, accumulated over the years... what will I do when I retire? how long will my insurance last through my retirement years? Will my income be enough? How should I re-invest for the future? Who do I give power of attorney? so many things I never thought I would need to do... What will I do when I can not argue with my doctors on my best treatment? so I'm just chilling and taking one day at a time... I remeber when one of my doctors was warning about the possibility of having a stroke or a heart attack from high triglicerides etc... I told the doctor... Would that be so bad if I just fell over dead? I have faith that I know where, who etc... I will be going and turned the conversation in their direction... Do you know? needless to say theyve never pursued more warnings... I'm just doing the best I can... if that's not enough then so be it!

Offline aztecan

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 10:55:00 pm »
I have to agree with your tag line Dixieman, getting old ain't for sissies.

HUGS,

Mark

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 03:43:06 pm »
Hi,

I am a long term survivor, I live in Brisbane Australia, I was diagnosed in February 1986. I have several concerns right now and I am not sure how to address some of them but after going through the crap this virus has delivered us all, I'm sure the answers will come to me eventually.  :)
..I have been studying French at Uni since last year so I would built a degree around that hopefully.

So I am at a cross road in my life. I now find myself in a position where I need to make the sorts of decisions I could have made 25 years ago but didn't because I left school at year 10 instead of going to year 12 and then onto Uni. Only difference is I'm a lot older and that is one thing I never thought I'd have to go through, was getting old!
    :)

OK, we're all afraid of being sick and poor, especially if poor means without the meds or care we need! That fear has caused me to save what I don't need to spend, over the last 25 years. When income is low, savings aren't possible. But maybe there are ways to add another income, no matter how small (the poorer you are, the more you will appreciate every additional dollar). Creativity is the key. And then jump in and see how it works!

Need more money? Love French? Tutor French! Tutor anything you're good at. I have a highly educated POZ friend who tutors "any" subject in his apartment. You could even work by webcam (still got to shave and wear a shirt). Survive if you must, but LIVE when you can!

8) -megasept
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 03:45:17 pm by megasept »

Offline buca45

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 10:08:11 am »
I am not at all afraid of losing my looks and becoming old. It happens to every human and there is nothing we can do about it, HIV or not its a fact of life.
What does concern me is that is seems that being HIV poz intensifies the aging process and those things that may seem to be inconveniences to neggies will become serious maladies to deal with later in life.
My older relatives and friends complain about aches and pains in their 60s and 70s.....here I am at 48 and I am experiencing those same things now. I can't imagine living another 20+ years and having to deal with a body that is constantly wracked with pain due to arthritis and other such things.
Financially, I am fortunate to be in a good place and will be for years to come. We have a home that is paid for and at this point, it is comfortable......hope it stays that way.
"Love and Laughter and Happiness Ever After"

Offline hudstar

« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2007, 11:24:58 am »
Very good question ???
My first thought concerns my initial reaction when triple combo drugs came into being and I realised I was not going to die so soon

Great - Stigma, now with a longer shelf life!

Seriously though, I guess what  concerns me most about living longer with HIV/AIDS is ;

(a) I start to get physical symptoms like facial wasting and will not be able avoid detection therefore be subject to stigma all over again.

(b) I will finally get over my obstacles and personal fears and realise I'm 75 years old

(c) Be told I'm "too old" for something when I spent most my youth/adulthood life struggling with HIV issues

(d) get really worn down yet kept alive due to newer pills and cannot travel or be as wild as I want to be

(e) start to show really serious side effects to the drug trials undertaken during the 90's
diagnosed 1988
POZ personals - hudster

Offline bear60

« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 07:18:42 pm »
yea...as Buca says...the house is paid for..I just dont want to be alone....as in...all my friendfs are dead and I have noone.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline hudstar

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2007, 11:08:48 pm »
Hi,

OK, we're all afraid of being sick and poor, especially if poor means without the meds or care we need! That fear has caused me to save what I don't need to spend, over the last 25 years. When income is low, savings aren't possible. But maybe there are ways to add another income, no matter how small (the poorer you are, the more you will appreciate every additional dollar). Creativity is the key. And then jump in and see how it works!

Need more money? Love French? Tutor French! Tutor anything you're good at. I have a highly educated POZ friend who tutors "any" subject in his apartment. You could even work by webcam (still got to shave and wear a shirt). Survive if you must, but LIVE when you can!

8) -megasept

I agree however Australia does not have as much opportunity as America does in terms of diverse areas of employment nor does it have the modern social and intellectual mindset that America seems to explore - we are a democratic yet capitalist Banana Republic if you like! We have definitely gone backwards in leaps and bounds by way of HIV support and compassion. Aside from HIV stigma we are a very ageist culture. I also think the Disability Support Pension is misleading as the word "disability" itself creates stigma. I was never eligible for that in times of need and when I was really ill I had to hire lawyers to fight my insurer to pay me out. Skeetua, go do University - learn teaching or anything to get yourself out of this loop. I did two masters degrees after surviving lymphoma. I packed supermarket shelves at night for $22.00 hour while studying (good money). If you cannot afford University apply for a scholarship or HECS. Australia is not like our parents time. The golden age is over! We are not hand fed with wealth or opportunity anymore and you need to accept that reality. It can become a trap to be on a pension and rely on the Government or community to help you out. John Howard tapped into greed and Australian culture was hungry for it - those less fortunate were trampled in the stampede! Waiting for things to happen just wont happen and thinking a new Government will make things easier - think again. I think you are OK. Brisbane is a fantastic place - plenty of beaches and plenty of tourism. Learn French, move to Byron Bay and translate for tourism. You can do many things. Just don't become frustrated by Government or social issues and mix them with your personal concerns dealing with HIV. It will make you feel isolated and lost.
diagnosed 1988
POZ personals - hudster

Offline atxpozguy

• POZ+ 32 year milestone reached for Austin man
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 12:03:19 am »
Well, since my last post about this comment and reading what everyone said, I guess one of biggest concerns is if I make it into my 70's that I don't look like Donald Rumsfeld sprawled out on a nude beach somewhere.

Hospitals stays are a big concern of mine as I live longer and the level of care I will receive with medicare.

As someone said, all his friends are dead, alot of mine are to, but I always find ways to meet new friends without going to the bars. I have my dog, my 3 TVs, computer, Internet, cell and home phone, to call someone.

My ASO case managers always complains when I call her just to talk or request a volunteer for some help here at the house. But, as usual, nobody will come..

I at times, I find myself thinking about how many people will attend my funeral once pass away to enter heaven, I know God is watching over me.

32 years poz LTS with no expiration date

Diagnosed HIV 1982
Diagnosed AIDS 2001

As of June 2015, VL <20 CD 435 26%

Currently taking a daily total of 17 meds while only two meds for AIDS, the rest for other body organs effected by years of retrovirals. Diagnosed with Lung Cancer 2012, COPD Stage 4 2015, IBS 2013, Chronic Cystitis, Chronic Renal Failure, Hearing Loss, Depression and everyday comes with different health episodes which has sent me to the Er via EMS on a regular basis.  My quality of life has been impacted dramatically.

Offline chefrusty904

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2007, 05:45:27 am »
FEAR OF FINANCIAL INSECURITY !!!
gOOD OLD uNCLE sAM HAS HIS HAND SO DEEP IN MY POCKET IT IS RIDICULUS.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.