Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:25:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772963
  • Total Topics: 66312
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 276
Total: 277

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: PMMA Hip "fillings" & Injections  (Read 18505 times)

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
PMMA Hip "fillings" & Injections
« on: April 20, 2007, 07:14:48 pm »
  Something just came up that I'd like to know. I "briefly" thought of going to Rio to have fillings in my hips, but then, I suddenly realized that I'm injecting Fuzeon and occasionally use my hips, but with PMMA there I could not use that area for ANY injection of whatever medicine I may need. Not even antibiotics given the case or Demerol for pain. This would really complicate my life so I'm staying with what left of my buns. At least my hiv negative partner still enjoys them as when they where nice full hips! ;D

But really, is my assumption true of not being able to inject medications once a filling is placed in that area? ??? I need some feedback on this issue...
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
Re: PMMA Hip "fillings" & Injections
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:31:31 pm »
Wow. :o For the first time nobody has answered one of my posts! Lol. I guess nobody knows the answer to this one. I did ask the doctor who did my cheeks and my assumption is correct. You cannot inject anything into the hip area once a filling is placed there. Nothing. No medication at all. So that makes a "hip filling" a blade with a double edge...
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline panda

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 12:08:56 pm »
hI THERE , I got into this brazilian dr. who use this pmma fo rthe leggs and such .. maybe u can sent him a mail with this question ? I was also considering doing this treatment... but I need it in the bottocks, in the leggs, in the hips,and if it means i wont be able to inject there any meds of any kind its very bad, I leave in Israel and I wont go to Brazil only for the bottocks ...

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 08:44:31 pm »
  I think I know the Brazilian doctor you are talking about. I might email him soon just to ask that question because he is the one with the most experience using PMMA.
  My doctor in Puerto Rico did my face only because that was my most affected area. When I posted this email I called him to ask that question and his reply was that I should not inject anything in the hip area If I did go through with the hip filling with PMMA. That was enough for me to forget about the whole hip filling. I'm pretty happy the way I am right now, anyways. Thanks for replying to my post and good luck in your future procedures.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline jenfromzen

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 07:54:08 pm »
I had hip injections of PMMA for cosmetic reasons, genetic birth defect of hips that had like an S curve to them, made me look like a boy, wanted to look more like a woman.  You really have to be careful of your doctor.  I really liked mine at first, but turned out that he was not as experienced with hips as he lead on.  I did end up with overfilling on one side so that now I look like my hips is a muscle that bulges out. It did not get tapered properly into my thigh or buttock and so I really am not too pleased about that side.  Still, overall, the funny bump is probably better than the funny indentations I started out with, but after spending so much money, I really wanted any imperfections to be extremly minor.  Also, due to high pressure or whatever, some of the filler migrated instantly to the front of my pelvis right after injection so I ended up forming a lump where I did not want one.  I think with the hips the key is to have patience and a doctor who will take the time to do it really s l o w l y so as not to overfill.  I think the last time he rushed and maybe got overconfident and overfilled one side.  He also just really didn't seem to have a feel for how a women's hips should look.  I am sorry that I did not seek out the female doctor, but I chose him for price and that he claimed to have hips experience.  I also have hard nodules.  PMMA is terrific, but it works best under a muscle.  Put directly under skin as on the hips and you will see the outline of an implant there and it will form bumps and lumps probably to some degree no matter who you go to or maybe there is someone so skilled as to prevent this.  It is a tough area to fill and I will give him that, but I can see from how well one side came out that he could have had the talent to make the other side come out a lot better than it did.  Then when I asked him about it, he actually had the nerve to blame me for the mishap because I pressured him to fill more when he felt it should not be done.  But ultimately I was the patient and he was the doctor and if he trully felt no more filler could go there then he could have simply refused.  But he AGREED to do that last visit and so now to blame me for rushing thru it and slopping it up really just addes insult to injury for me. I'm the one stuck with this now.  I just wanted him to add a little bit if that was all he could do. I did not want a bump on my hip that he gave me.  I would have listened to reason. We could have worked this out with some more converation and time.  He wanted to please me and after screwing it up, coming up with a way to fix it would have been appreciated over yelling at me that it was my fault and now banning me from the practice.  So I'm not saying don't fill the hips, but go really slow.  If you get close to where you want to be, consider if you would be happy with it like that and not risk overfilling. I really just wanted to even it out a little bit and he went and just pumped a bunch into one spot creating the unnecessary bulge.  I think it was not that I wanted more filler, but that he lost his artistic way.  I think hips was not his forte.  Butts he does awsome and faces too, but hips he really needs to think out more as it is not just some lump or bulge on the side of a woman's body.

Offline Catman

• Who is the Catman?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 10:23:16 pm »
Wow. I had forgotten about this post. Reading your post, jenfronzen, really suprised me because I think you are the first to ever mention this "hip" problem issue on the pmma topic. Still, it is a good thing to take into consideration when anyone is about to do hip fillings. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end

Offline panda

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 04:28:41 pm »
This is a message that jumped in and its from 2007 - is there something wrong here ?

Offline xsufferer

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 08:17:36 pm »
I don't know if the implants complicate injections, could be.
To fill in the lost fat and muscle I use SitRelief Shorts.
Now I can sit almost anywhere comfortably.
www.lipowear.com
xsufferer

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.