Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:07:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160
Total: 160

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just tested poz/ had pcp/ cd4-87 / scared  (Read 10839 times)

Offline grzes

Just tested poz/ had pcp/ cd4-87 / scared
« on: November 28, 2006, 08:11:39 pm »
WHAT NOW!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
Re: Just tested poz/ had pcp/ cd4-87 / scared
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 08:32:20 pm »
Hello.

Name is Tim.  Sorry to hear about your diagnosis.  I'm sure you'll be getting a detailed response from the pros here shortly about what the next steps to take are.  I'm going to defer to them because they have a lot more experience with providing this type of guidance on these forums than I.  Meantime, know that you're not alone.  Plenty of others, myself included, have been right where you are now.  My own CD 4 count was somewhere below 89 when I started taking medicines.  There's work ahead, but you can do it.   Feel free to PM me if you wish. 
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline rayvjr

• Just Tested Positive.Com
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 03:49:33 pm »
You are not alone.  Those first days are the worst, but you will get past them.  Just know that this is a great place to start, read the forums, make some friends, and learn what you can. 

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 09:08:48 pm »
I am so sorry... I'll never forget those first few days.

While I am in no position to offer any sort of legitimate medical advice, I have been there... if you need to talk about anything, just PM me...
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline Teresa

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 11:26:49 pm »
hey there grzes,

So sorry to hear about your diagnosis. When my hubby was diagnosed in May he had a CD4 of 85. A couple of weeks later he was in the hospital with meningitis. He started his meds right away and now has a CD4 of 197 and his Vl is <75. He is taking his meds and doing great now.

I don't have any knowledge of PCP so I cant offer ya any advice on that. Just hang in there. Take alot of deep breaths. OK you know that you are HIV+ and now you can start kicking some HIV ass!

You have come to the right place. There is a wealth of information and alot of great people here.
WELCOME

Hugs
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 12:32:15 pm »
GR, I'm glad you found your way to this site. Welcome!

Tell us more about yourself if you will. What's your doctor saying about meds, etc.?

What may seem overwhelming and unmanageable to you right now can with care and attention gradually subside into into being a part of your life. You need some time for that to happen and for you and your doctor to develop a good working partnership to keep you well.

You're always welcome here to talk about anything that's on your mind and to ask questions.

Cheers,   
Andy Velez

Offline sdcabincrew74

• My Manhunt account
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 12:14:59 am »
Email me.  I was diagnosed with PCP, MAC, CD4 of 22 and a VL off the scale.  Today, CD4 in the 450's and VL undetectable in took less than a year.  Take care, it will get better, I promise.

John
The difference between an overnight and a layover is luck!

Offline suzieque

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 02:54:45 pm »

Hi,
    I too have had a CD4 of 24 and a CD4 of 87 on two different occasions, this last one with PCP, it is a tough one but hang in there! I am guessing that you are out of the hospital (if you were in) and so you are already on the mend. I know that the idea of taking the medicines can be scary, but not scarier than PCP right? They are actually a life saver, so just hang in there and things will greatly improve in awhile. Feel free to contact me, I just came out of the hospital after having PCP 2 months ago so I can empathise ( it was due to a treatment interruption and my CD4 dropping too low). I have been positive for 13 years. It must be hard to be unwell and find out that you are positive at the same time. Just know that although it may be hard to imagine now, life can still be wonderful, and get as much information, help and support you can. This is a good place to start! Best wishes to you,
                      Suzie :)

Offline SoSadTooBad

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 08:19:42 pm »
I tested poz and found out my CD4 count was 78 within about two weeks time.  Was rough, really rough.  After 3 months of treatment, my CD4s were up to 216, and things are really looking up.  I will hit the 6 month mark in Dec - hoping for another rise in CD4s.

As others have said - HANG IN THERE.  There truly is light at the end of this tunnel - you will get great inspiration from the people here, and great information.  This is the ONLY site that provides the facts, treatment news and inspiration in a single package - read on and move forward!! 

Offline dingowarrior

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 10:32:15 pm »
This is a great forum,with really caring people..good luck, your on the right track.

Offline jerek

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 11:53:32 pm »
hang in there bud, i know how you are feeling.  i was hospitalized in mid june with pcp with a cd4 of 5 and a viral load of 300,000.  i know pcp can be a very rough and devastating thing to deal with but hang in there and it will get better. shortly after i was diagnosed with pcp i was also diagnosed with cmv retinitis.  it may take some time to figure out a good combo of drugs that will work for you, but do not let that discourage you.  this first combo i tried did nothing for me (truvada & viramune).  my doc then switched me to truvada, norvir, & reyataz and in less than 2 months my vl has gone undetectable & my cd4 has risen to 65.  there is some light at the end of the tunnel.  if you need to talk about naything feel free to email or message on here. take care & keep your head up

jerek

Offline joyluckclub

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 12:15:08 am »
We are here for you!

Look through the information on this site and the links that follow.  They will provide you with some great information.  Take care of yourself and try to keep your stress level low.

I'll keep you in my prayers.
"Honey, be who you is"  Madea.........

Offline jcmiami

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2006, 10:58:19 pm »
Man, can I relate - left the hospital 1 month ago with PCP and thrush and at the same time diagnosed with AIDS. My CD4 count was 24 and my viral load was over 650,000! I almost died from the PCP cause I did go into pulmonay arrest. Scary...there are no words to describe the fear BUT there is HOPE. I am taking my meds, changed my diet and am exercising regularly(which I should have done a long time ago!!!). Today I feel good...I see my MD for follow up next week. The support these forums give has no price. The feeling that we are not alone anymore is beautful. I am no longer scared.

Offline Eldon

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2006, 11:27:55 pm »
Hey Grez,

It is unfortunate that you have tested positive for HIV. However, you made an important step in finding out about HIV and educating yourself with it. You will want to locate a good Doctor through your local ASO and have all of your vitals reviewed by him/her. You will want to know where you stand with your health. In fact, by knowing this you can take action with your health.

I wish to extend to you a WARM WELCOME here at the AM forums. Here you will find the encouragement, communication, understanding, support, some cries, some laughter, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS answered.

We have a great group of Real People who will listen as well as answer you. We are here to encourage one another and to learn from each other.

With the consideration of implementing a Positive Mental Attitude, it will also assist you on your journey in this life as well as having a Positive Impact on your immune system.

In fact, through your Positive Mental Attitude, it will help you push forward through all of the obstacles on your path that you are now walking on.

Talking to other people helps us see that we are not the only ones with problems. Feel free to come and vent with whatever is on your mind from time-to-time.

Often the act of writing and the ability to “see” your feelings leads to therapeutic insights and solutions. .

In the interim, you may want to start taking a multi-vitamin, Omega 3 and you may want to keep an eye on your diet.

Exercise at least three times per week for a minimum of 30 minutes.

"Don't Give Up, Don't Give In... cause it is all within you to WIN!"

Offline koi1

« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2006, 11:30:27 am »
Hey I hope you are feeling a bit better. I was diagnosed with aids on 11/20/06 and yes, I had pcp. My t cells are at 97 and viral at 23000. I have not started meds due to liver complications. However there are lots of people here who were once in our boat and are doing much better now.

You take care, feel free to instant message me if you need to chat.

rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.