Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:31:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 230
Total: 233

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Magdas suicide has made me reflect. Montreal is about the future, not the past  (Read 5409 times)

Offline heartforyou

• I must be a survivor in many ways...
My dear family,

After Magda's funeral I had many emotions coming and going.

One was omnipresent : meeting each other eye to eye is the most wonderful event in mine and your lives.

All those  who are new to the experience simply cannot come close to the glowing, warming, but most of all HEALING POWER that lays within a real person, looking you in the eye and say : It's OK, I understand, i am positive too.

It is going to be about then and about us. Our stay on earth is way too short. Magda is gone and made me realise I am longing to be in your presence soon again.
Feel your hugs, your arms, cry together, sit together, just BE IN YOUR COMPNAY and feel like I belong there.

I am an alien to many people and I know many of you feel the same way.
Believe me, you are about to experience the bond that HIV forged for us.

This is a plea for :
forgiveness
understanding
letting go of our quarrels and fights
accepting our differences
opening our hearts
receiving love

This is not about judging, nor blaming. People, our live is like a lightning... remember Danny boy?

Open up your hearts... I have opened up mine and it is a big one.

Montreal, here I come

Hermie, who has overload in hugs and love :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
Infected 1983. Diagnosed in 1987 and still kicking
Dovato once daily. Hydrea

Happiness is the freedom of breathing fresh air every day.

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
Well done Herman. You will be receiving a hug and a kiss from Jerry. :-*

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
Dearest Hermie...

Bless your heart, honey, I haven't had a chance to tell you how very sorry I am about Magda. When we lose a close friend, or family member, it is very difficult....it does make us aware of how fleeting life is, how precious ever day is, that death is so final.

Years ago, I lost my best friend to Lymphoma. She was a vivacious soul, full of humor, compassion, and held a zest for life like no other. I find myself going back in time to nights long ago when we would go bar-hoppin', and she would show up at my door dressed to kill with her come-f**k-me-boots on, all full of vim and vigor. We used to go to a place down in the warehouse district of Minneapolis to do Kamakaze shots (can't remember what they had in them, but, oh my, did we ever have fun!!) and dance the night away. I can still hear her laugh, unique it was, and smile at those memories. She lives through that laugh, still, in my mind, and in my heart.

These types of memories are what I am so anxiously awaiting for us in Montreal.....fuel for the next year until we can meet again. I plan on being a cling-on as best I can (altho' I don't know how 40 of us are going to walk, connected, for several days.....!) Don't be surprised if you are constantly being hugged all the time, folks, when you least expect it!

Can't wait for the day I land in Montreal...............and into the arms of my Forum Family!!

Much love to you,

Zephyr :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline richfinsm

• Be better to one another
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 08:58:16 am by richfinsm »
Positive since 1/85.  Tested positive with full-blown AIDS 5/93.

Offline Trish

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

HUGS!!!

:-* :-*

"People grow through experience if they meet life honestly and courageously. This is how character is buit."  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline kcmetroman

We Rock

and there's no

ing
us now!!!

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
YAY Rich!!

So good to know you've changed your mind about Montreal!!! Can't wait to meet you, sweetie!!

And John (kcmetroman)...where on Earth do you find these images to post??? They are great!!

Love,

Zephie :-*
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Herman,

You are my favorite Alien, so please quit saying bad things about him.  You know, all this touchy feely sort of thing just brings back some of the best and warmest feelings that I had in 2005, and to be this close to re-living the time together; just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Herman, Rich and Brian; do you remember the night in my room in Toronto.  This was one of the warmest and enjoyable times of the whole trip.  I think back on it often, and garner strength from it on a regular basis. 

Counting the days, and staying busy till then.

IN Love with you all.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.