Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:21:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773185
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 329
Total: 329

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Oral and Handjob  (Read 14473 times)

Offline ram123

Oral and Handjob
« on: October 13, 2008, 01:11:52 am »
I know this is low-risk or no-risk activity but i couldnt convince my self. i need someone else words.

I had unprotected oral sex and protected vaginal sex around end of august. and then protected oral and (unprotected???) handjob yesterday.

is any of the above risky activity?

plz answer me.

thank you vey much

Offline RapidRod

Re: Oral and Handjob
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 02:11:55 am »
No you were never at risk.

Offline ram123

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 09:46:28 pm »
thank you very much for your reply.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2008, 08:07:34 am »
Fortunately, as strong as feelings maybe they aren't facts. And the facts of what you are reporting point unequivocally to your not having been at any risk for transmission during that incident.

Keep using a condom everytime you have intercourse and you'll be well protected sexually as far as HIV is concerned.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:10:36 pm »
just a quick (stupid??) question: is not possible to have tiny invisible holes right? coz I read somewhere dude was saying his condom had holes here and there (he noticed after sex)? Thanks in advancee..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 08:14:30 pm »
No it's not possible for comdoms to have tiny little holes.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:41:09 pm »
When condoms break it's not a subtle event. It's not about teensy weensy little holes. The whole thing ends up looking like a fringed hula hoop.
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 08:29:28 pm »
Another question sorry... does fingering pose a risk for STD including Aids for the person fingers? does the risk increases if the person who finger is nail bitter?

( I know you dont deal with other STD but im pretty sure that people reply here have knowledge in that)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:35:00 pm »
Fingering is not a risk of "AIDS", which you have to contract HIV before you progress to AIDS. As for STDs you need to seek out the answers to that elsewhere. I don't know of any STD that is transmitted in the manner.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2009, 10:48:03 pm »
Fingering is absolutely not a risk for HIV transmission. Nor have I ever known anyone to pick up any other STD in that manner.

We do generally recommend that anyone who's sexually active ought to have a full STD panel done regularly. That's at least once a year as other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV.

Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2010, 09:43:02 pm »
Hi there,

I had a very brief encounter with a sex worker. It was only like 10 seconds. I know What I did was so stupid. But then Now I'm worried.

She did unprotected Oral then we did covered sex.  BUT at the end I inserted without condom for like 10 seconds. And that got me worried. She had no signs no rash or what so ever down there. Looked perfect. I know looks can be deceiving.

What should I do now? Am I going to be infected? I'm uncircumcised and it only lasted 10 seconds max. Hope that helps.

Please help me out?

Actually the condom broke and I noticed and pulled out. But I still ended up ejaculating inside her. But I'm really sure it was not for that long. Only maybe like 10 seconds. But Still yea I'm worried. But Please answer me. Dont ban me or avoid me cause I'm already paranoid.  :(

Offline ram123

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2010, 10:25:21 pm »
And I recall she saying she got tested 1 month back and also she said I don't have to worry.  ???

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 12:35:42 am »
ram,

You have had a risk but one very much on the lower end of the scale. Test at the three month point.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ram123

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 08:34:35 am »
So Is it something I should be really worried about and get into PEP?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 08:48:47 am »
HIV is much harder to transmit from female to male than the other way around. It is also a fragile virus and not easy to transmit. As you have described it this was a single and very brief unprotected incident. So no,

I do not think it warrants doing PEP, but you will have to decide quiickly whether to do it or not since the window of opportunity is within 48-72 hours. 

Since you technically had a risk you ought to get tested at 13 weeks. I certainly expect you will get a negative result.

For the future remember it doesn't matter how great someone looks, what you think you know about their history or anything else. Always without exceptions use a condom for vaginal and anal intercourse. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 07:51:46 pm »
I've called that lady and she insisted again and again she had tested 1.5 month back and this is the first ever condom breakage she had after. and then said she is a mother of five and she needs to care more than I do.

I know I shouldn't take others words when it comes to my health.

So as Andy said, I would take the test at 6 weeks and take a conclusive test on 13th week. Whats ur take on this? Am I worrying too much?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 07:58:04 pm »
I've called that lady and she insisted again and again she had tested 1.5 month back and this is the first ever condom breakage she had after. and then said she is a mother of five and she needs to care more than I do.

I know I shouldn't take others words when it comes to my health.

So as Andy said, I would take the test at 6 weeks and take a conclusive test on 13th week. Whats ur take on this? Am I worrying too much?

And she's quite right. Stop harrassing her. No doubt she's got better things to do than deal with your neurotic carry on.

As Ann and Andy have noted this is a very very low risk. You should be tested more for peace of mind more than anything else.

MtD

Offline ram123

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 08:29:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply MtD. But I was in without cover for like 10 seconds. Thats what makes me worry. Im EXTREMELY sorry for being annoyance. But I have no one to talks to about this.

So its considered very low risk right despite i was inside cover? Please don't hate me  :'(

also for which STDs I can test right away or within 3-4 days? its been 24 Hrs. I wanna test for STDs first because they are far more common for it can a reassurance for me. Please excuse my paranoia. I know you all are volunteering here and I understand i shouldnt not annoy you. but please help me out.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 08:52:42 pm by ram123 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 07:50:12 am »
The waiting period for most STDs is the same as HIV: 13 weeks. We are very HIV-specific here, but if you acquired any other STD you would likely have symptoms within a couple of weeks. If you have any doubts about whether you have acquired something, discuss it with your doctor.

Man, you really need to take some deep slow breaths and chill. The likelihood of infection from the incident you are concerned about is low. You have some waiting time to be tested and then we expect a happy negative result for you. Meanwhile you need to make a real effort to direct your attention to other matters in your life. Don't bother saying you are too upset to do that because I can tell you that response isn't going to fly.

Now, breathe deeply and slowly in and out. And do that everytime you find yourself starting to worry and tense up. It really helps.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 07:58:16 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 02:38:50 pm »
Thank you for the nice words Andy. :) I have one more question. Pretty much thats it.

Does a CSW having Tubal ligation (tying Tubes) play anything in the risk level? I heard Cervix fluids are more infectious. Does Tubal ligation prevent Cervix fluids? Please answer this one last question. I have nothing else to ask.

Please... This will be the last question I have for this incident.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 02:46:25 pm by ram123 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 06:30:53 pm »
The cervix is far up in the vaginal cavity and not likely where you penis would be reaching to. And in any case tubal ligation would not play any part in the risk level of the situation.

Stop trying to tie down every detail. You had a minimally risky incident. The likelihood is that you are going to test negative. You need to stop focusing on this issue and get busy with other things in your life. Doing that will help the waiting time to pass much more easily than you may imagine.  
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 08:14:15 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 10:16:26 pm »
Thank you Andy. Much Much respects to you.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 08:16:03 am »
You're welcome.
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2010, 04:40:15 pm »
Hey Andy ,

I have one quick question. I went back to the health clinic and they told me to come back after 2 weeks from exposure for any STD tests. Also the doctor over there told me I'm reacting over and said I have more chance of getting pregnant than being infected. ( I'm a male.) what's your take on this Andy? Please answer this one last question. I won't bug anymore.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 02:09:33 am »
Ram,

I pretty much agree with your doctor. You should test for peace of mind, but I fully expect your result to be negative.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ram123

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 11:42:30 am »
Thank you for assuring reply Ann. I also read somewhere how you had neg partner for 18 months without him being infected. Can I consider this as additional re assurance? God bless you Ann and others.

Thank you.

Offline ram123

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 05:06:08 pm »
also is that true that you have not seen any one turning positive after a brief condom breakage/brief unprotected episode? I've read this post by Ann and just want to confirm. time isn't flying. and Im becoming nuisance to all. Sorry..  :-[

Edited:

I read somewhere Ann saying Cervix fluids are the infectious fluids. So does the deepness matter in contracting the virus?  ???
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 07:57:21 pm by ram123 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 08:55:32 pm »
Man, you are just trying to cover every base about something that can only finally be addressed by taking the test. And which we have told you that we expect you to get a negative result when you do that.

Yes, that is correct. With all of the broken condom instances we have addressed through the years, we've never had anyone end up testing positive from that kind of incident. I don't expect you to become the first.

Now, get busy with other things in your life while you are waiting to test.
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 09:01:31 pm »
Thanks Andy. But one quick question. Are those condom failures are big failures such as exposing penis fully or small size holes on condom? Also my condom was broken for the last 10 seconds of the act. so that classified as broken condom or unprotected sex?

I'm trying to continue with my life. But sometimes get paranoid. Coming to this forum and reading yours and Ann's reassuring words keep me going.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:39:49 pm by ram123 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2010, 09:17:49 am »
You're still caught up in trying to nail down details in hopes of getting an answer that only an HIV test can give you.

When a condom fails it's not a matter of teeny weeny little holes. It goes and often looks like a fringed hoop on the penis. Stop trying the fruitless effort to quantify your risk.

My expectation continues to be that you will test negative.

Now, get on with other things in your day.
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2010, 07:32:32 am »
Extremely Sorry for the trouble Andy. But one last question. I have a skin abrasion on my penis. I have this for last 2 years and doctors have said is not syphilis. So Is it considered "fresh" wound? does that increase my chance? Also, the CSW was not that interested in using condoms. Scares me.

Do you still expect a negative result? Andy, Please answer this question. Please..... I won't ask any other question. Please...  :(

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 08:00:26 am »
An "abrasion" is not a fresh wound if you have had it for 2 years.

And I still expect you to test negative. 

Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2010, 05:50:08 pm »
Thanks for reassuring Andy. I've planned to do the test at 6th week and follow it in 12/13th week.

One quick question, Andy. Did anyone end up positive despite your expectation of negative result? Would you please be honest? Not that I insist you are not honest. But I want an answer so I do not be too optimistic. Can I be really optimistic about test?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2010, 06:31:43 pm »
Whenever I say I expect a negative result I mean just that. That's not the same thing as getting the result, but I am very careful about what I say.

Now, get busy with other things while you're waiting. It really will help to make the time pass more easily.

Cheers.
Andy Velez

Offline ram123

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 06:14:30 pm »
Thanks Andy for your reassuring words. It also nice to hear your expectation. definitely helps me.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2010, 07:26:04 pm »
Glad that helped. Good luck with your test.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.