Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:10:28 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ladies Thread #57: Whichever way they throw us, we WILL stand!  (Read 31757 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
OK, here's the new thread.  It is in honor of our Ann, who by now realizes she's started a monster ;).  This is actually a small variation of the country motto for The Isle of Man, Ann's hometown.  Under my avatar is the saying in its original language, Manx Gaelic.  In my signature line is the meaning.  I just changed it to include all of us. 

We may stumble, we may fall down, but we will NOT be moved. 

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Ladies Thread #57: Whichever way they throw us, we WILL stand!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 09:31:03 am »
Morning all,

Queen, good for you for exercising.  I got a membership at the Y for $15/month, and have only gone for 1/2 of this month.  I always start things with a bang, but then I stop doing them.  Anyway, I think dancing is a great way to exercise.  And thanks for telling me about the rent rebate.  I really had never heard of it. 

Mum, how did you find that out about the isle saying where Ann lives?  That's pretty cool.

Today I'm going to study mostly.  Tonight I'm going to some a meeting that this committee in NA has for an upcoming thing called a Unity Ball.  Maybe you all remember me talking about the Unity Picnic last summer.  Well, this is its partner.  It's a formal affair, and these things are meant to bring the races together in the NA program.  After the meeting, I'm supposed to go with a friend of mine to a restaurant.   I hope you all have a good day.

Where has Camms been I wonder.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline vivyt

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:56 am »
Happy Saturday!

Betty- Are these last classes interesting or are you just so close to the end that you are anxious to be done?  :)

Queen- Good for you! Just moving around is good.

Today I am just going to grade stuff and attempt to fix my bathtub spout. Nothing much else  ;D

Have a great day!
Andrea

Offline minismom

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 04:43:47 pm »
Betty: Ann told me ;D  It's Mim's new motto - even had a shirt made that has the Gaelic in the middle surrounded by the English translation circling it.  Like I said, Ann created a monster.

Just got back from a birthday party.  We're here long enough to get everyone changed and we're off again.  Me, #1, and Mim are dancing for a fundraiser dinner / silent auction.  We're the dessert :P 

Tomorrow our youngest son, #5, will be 6yrs old.  I can't believe that it was 6yrs ago that I was in the hospital swearing this kid was NEVER coming out!  Where has the time gone?

I hope all of you are having a wonderful Saturday.

Mum
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 01:51:18 am »
Hey Ladies,

Long time no check in for me. I have been reading just not posting. Nothing exciting to report anyways. LOL. I am up this time of night waiting on DH to get in. I should be doing some class work but OH WELL. I have only 2 more classes to go YAY ME!!!..

Betty_ We're almost done.

To all my other snuggle bunnies (((Hello)))

i'm just checking in to let you all know i'm still around!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 09:29:59 am »
Mum, tell that little man happy birthday from me and Poppy.

Latrice, good to hear from you.   I know it's almost over; I can't believe it.  It's going to be weird to not study all the time. 

I'm just going to be doing homework today.  Last night I didn't go to that meeting, and I didn't go out to eat.  My friend, on Friday, was driving to the store to get something, and all of a sudden her windshield shattered.  She had a big hole in the side of her face with blood pouring out of her head.  Her son was with her, but he only got a cut on his ear.  A man that saw what happened, came over to the car and told her a deer went through her windshield, and flew up over her car.  An ambulance came and took her to the hospital.  She has stitches in the side of her face, she said it looks like a baseball is growing out of her head, and the muscles that control the jaw opening and closing are all swollen, so she can't bring her teeth together.  Hence, she has to eat things cut up very fine, or stuff like yogurt, soup etc.  And she's still picking glass out of her head. She's really lucky to be alive and I'm so glad she's going to be alright.  This is the 2nd time she's had trouble with deer and that car in the past 5 months.  It's a 2-door Honda Accura that sits extremely low to the ground.  She said she's going to sell the car as soon as the insurance company fixes it up, and go back to something that sits pretty high off the ground, like a truck. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 09:34:52 am by BT65 »
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

Offline bobean

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 06:39:37 pm »
Hi, I am Jean ,aka Bobean,I was reading about the deer hitting the car,Wal-mart sells a thing called a Deer Whistle. You stick them to the sides of your can and the wind goes through it and causes a whistle that deer can hear and it alerts them to you coming. My brother in law was killed when he swerved to avoid hitting a deer. Hope this helps.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2009, 08:21:03 pm »
Hello ladies. Still around, just verytired. Thank you for starting a new thread Minismum. I will post again tomorrow. I may be buying a car. TTYL.   Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 12:29:02 am »
Hey ladies.

Betty-That is so scary about your friend! My grandparents live in Michigan and I know hitting deer is a common thing.

Mum- Happy birthday to your little one!

Keeping- Hey there  :)

Bobean- Welcome!

Cristy- Get some rest

Well I didn't go to my brunch today. I had too much work and I was worried I wouldn't get it done. Next month...

Have a good night!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2009, 05:58:49 am »
Morning all,

Bobean, yeah, my friend actually had two deer whistles on the front of her car.  I guess sometimes that just doesn't make a difference.

Cristy, good luck with buying the car.

Andrea, sorry you didn't get to go to the brunch.  My friend, who got into that accident, lives in Michigan, just right over the state line.

Today I start that thing at the church.  I just hope I do alright, you know, not steer anyone wrong, try to be as helpful as I can be.  Other than that, I'll probably be doing homework today (and every day until I'm done).  I hope you ladies have a good one.

Offline minismom

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2009, 06:20:19 am »
Bobean, welcome to the ladies thread.

Betty, I'm glad your friend is OK, but WOW!  I had an encounter with a deer in our mini van when I was pregnant with #5.  Stupid thing jumped out in front of me on the interstate.  I was going 65.  I saw it coming and there was nothing I could do.  It didn't smash my windshield, but left blood and goo all over.  Everything under the hood had to be replaced.  The mechanic said there was no doubt I hit a deer - "evidence" was even in the radiator.  YEW!!  My grandpa had a low car and the deer can through the windshield and broke both his arms.  We call them WV cockroaches.

Little man had a good day yesterday.  We bought him a lawnmower - yes a REAL one.  He's been begging for one since he was 3.  It's one of those old-fashioned rotary ones that he only has to push - no motor.  It takes Hubby about 4hrs to pushmow the yard.  Since little man could walk, he'd put on his cuttin' grass shoes and follow Hubby around with his play mower.  The ENTIRE time.  At least now it'll be productive.  It's been raining and cold here.  Sweet baby watched the news last night to see when it would be sunny enough to mow the grass.  He has 2 vacuums and his own swiffer, too.  LOL...I'll have one happy daughter-in-law.

Not much going on.  School, dance, and baseball practice today.  Tomorrow, 2 of the kids have dance and all 6 have practice, at the same time, in different places. :-\  I'll do my best and already told the coaches that they'd be late. 

Hope every has a great Monday.  For those of you with warm sun, would you push some of it our way?

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2009, 05:43:21 am »
Mum, I'm so glad your son had a good birthday.  I'm sure he'll be thrilled with that mower.  So, your hubby mows the lawn every time with a push mower?  That just sounds like a lot of work. 

I'm with mum about the warm sun.  Send some my wary also.  Today it's going to be in the middle 50's, but raining.  Yesterday I handed out food at the temporary job, and talked to people.  Not sure what it is I'll be doing today.  Other than that, I'll be, well, you know, studying.  I hope you all have a good day.

Where is everyone at?

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2009, 08:02:50 am »
Good morning Ladies. Hope everyone is well. I will wish for sunlight coming your way, Betty and Minismum.                                               Things are good here, I got some rest and bought the car yesterday. It passed NC inspection and I will have it on the road,legally, by next Monday. Very happy about it and very broke.                                        Betty, glad you are working at the church. You will be great.              Sorry about the deer and your friend. I am glad they are okay. The car I just bought is very low so I will make sure I watch for deer.                      Minismum, sounds like #5 had a great birthday. What a hard working little man.  Robert has a fake lawnmower but we have several rotary mowers like you were talking about. I think it's time for Robert to mow for real.                                                                                      Queen, hope you are well. That rent rebate sounds like a good thing.                                                                                                Andrea, sorry you didn't go to the brunch. Maybe you can go to one this summer.                                                                             Keeping, keep up the good work.                                                      Anyway, I have work today, of  course. I'm going to get ready for that. Hope everyone has a great day. TTYL.   Cristy

Offline vivyt

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2009, 08:36:20 am »
Crisy- Have fun with your new car.

Mum- So cute! I can just picture him pushing that lawnmower.

Betty- Was it ok yesterday? I know you were nervous about messing up. I don't think you really can. Enjoy your studying...yeah right!  :)

I am kind of bummed that I missed the brunch but the organization does one at the end of every month so I can go in April.
I feel kind of bad that I don't have much to report. I am so wrapped up in work right now. We have state testing coming up and that always gets administrators worked up. Our school is one of the top performing schools but people take it too seriously. The principal makes us "prepare" for the test. I'm sorry but there is no prepping. If you teach the curriculum then you are doing what you are supposed to do. I could really go off on the whole No Child Left Behind but I will spare you all  ;D.

Anyways....have a great day!
Andrea

Offline netta

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2009, 11:27:29 am »
Hello ladies,
I am doing better,since I last posted, the day my brother passed. My mom is doing ok. I wish he had wanted a memorial but his wishes were to be cremated and no funeral.
It rained all weekend, Sunday the sun came out and it was beautiful.
Nothing much going on.
Hope all is well.
Queen , I am glad you get a rent rebate, I don't know if Georgia gets one, I never heard of it.
MInMums- I am goingto call you super mom!! Still waiting for you to post a pic of all the kids !
Betty- I am glad your friend is ok. We have plenty deer here in Georgia.
welcome Bo!!!
vivt- shout out to you !
Cj- congrats on the new car!
Keeping- I am so glad to here from you, you had some tornados last week!
love to all.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 11:30:22 am by netta »
"to thine own self be true"

Offline Snowangel

« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2009, 08:40:59 pm »
Hey Ladies-

Been trying to read and keep up with everyone's posts, things have been hectic, so I just wanted to let everyone know I have been thinking of you all.

My friends daughter passed last Monday and I was with her every day last week.  I am so glad she is not suffering anymore but it is going to be a long road for her Mom.  I am going to court Friday for the custody issue and I pray that everything comes out in my favor.  His father has had enough chances, now it is my sons turn.  I can't begin describe how nervous I am.

I hope everyone is well.

Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 10:51:47 pm »
Hey Ladies----

Just checking in with you all. Have been braiding my hair, you know how that is for me. I am also excited because I will be djing on an online station. Not sure when I will be starting, soon I am sure because I have been downloading the programs I need. I am doing late night since I seem to be up late once again. Most of you will be in bed. It's from 2-4am, eastern. I play r&b with a little rap but old school stuff mixed in with some current plus requests if I get any. The site is iglobalradio.com.

Other than that, not much going on. It's been nice so I have been getting out of the house. With a scarf on that's why I have to finish my hair. The oil got changed in the car. After figuring it out, the oil hadn't been changed since the previous owner. We figured that had been like 2-3 years. I was told I am lucky I didn't blow the engine. The Goddess was watching over me. It's running so much better now.

That is about it for me...Night ladies
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2009, 06:14:42 am »
Morning all,

Cristy, I'm glad you got a car.  I hear a lot about cars having to pass inspection in other states.  Here in Indiana, the only time a car has to pass inspection is if it's brought in from an outside state.  Not one car I've bought in the state has had to go through an inspection.  I guess maybe we're lucky in that respect.

Andrea, I'm not a fan of that no child left behind either.  And that state testing, geesh.  The kids here just got done taking that and on the news it said the tests were different this year, and a lot of kids went home throwing up, sick etc., they were so stressed out.  It's ridiculous.  I don't like the whole idea of only the schools who score good getting funding, while the other ones suffer.  Anyway, good luck.  I'll be thinking about you.

Netta, I'm sorry your brother didn't want a memorial service, but I'm glad he's at rest now.  I believe the memorial service/funeral thing is for the living.  Now, would you send some of the Georgia sun up here please?

Snow, what did your friend's daughter pass from?  I'm sure you talked about her before, I just can't remember (I'm getting old ya know).

Queen, that's great about that online dj thing!  You'll definitely have to keep us updated on that.

The job at the church is going well.  I saw a man waiting outside yesterday morning for the breakfast we serve.  I know him from the ASO here.  It was 8:15 a.m., and he was already drunk.  That doesn't surprise me, I just think it's sad.  The people are extremely guarded, and don't trust anyone.  I don't blame them.  When I was in that life, I didn't trust anyone either.  I've been helping mostly serving the breakfast and helping in the food bank.  The time goes by pretty fast, though they said we may slow down starting today because of everyone getting their checks/food stamps.  Speaking of food stamps, did you all hear about that raise everyone receiving food stamps is getting because of the stimulus?  Well, I got a whole $2 (maybe I already talked about this).  So, my food stamps went from $14 to $16.  That's pretty laughable, which is what I always do when I get something about my food stamps (laugh).

Well, after this week of school, there's only 3 more weeks, so it's getting closer and closer.  It's kind of surreal.  I can't believe I won't have to study anymore or do homework.  That's going to be an adjustment.  Tonight is my Anatomy class.  We have to know 86 bones for a quiz, so I'll have to review those later.  You all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 07:31:46 am »
I am SO glad that yesterday is over.  It wasnt' a bad day, just a long, busy day. 

Betty: WOW! 3 more weeks and it will be over.  I bet it's surreal.  Good luck on your test today.

Andrea: Our town has tons of teachers.  Actually, in our state most people either work retail, are coal miners, farmers, or teachers.  Some teachers here are blaming special needs kids for their schools' "problems".  It irritates me.  Meanwhile, boards don't want to provide services.  It's all messed up.  I hear you about testing.  That's why I don't test our kids.  It's not a real measure of what kids can / can't do.  Teachers here are encouraged to "teach the test" so kids get better grades.  :-\  What about how they do the rest of the year?  Frustrating, I know.

Today we're taking the kids to see "Monsters vs. Aliens".  With ball practices Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri, and Sat, it's the only day we have "off" to do anything.  We'll go see the 1st show at 1p. It's raining now, but should stop sometime mid-morning. 

Other than that, not much to report.  Hope everyone is having a great Hump Day!

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2009, 06:23:15 am »
Last night I got my cap and gown.  I guess it's for real now. 

Mum, how was the movie? 

Offline minismom

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2009, 06:57:56 am »
Betty, wow, that is SO cool!  2 wks and 1 day to go :o.  I hope you take tons of pictures and post them.  What's the name of the school you're graduating from?  I'm so excited for you!

The movie was wonderful.  We all laughed so hard.  There were some lines that were meant for the adults.  They weren't bad, just lines that the kids wouldn't understand.  Example: one of the charactors makes a comment about how hot it is and wonders if the world got hotter while he was in "jail" for the last 50 years.  He then says, "that would be a terrible inconvienance."  A reference to Al Gore's movie about global warming. I believe the name of it was "A Terrible Inconvienance."  (maybe unfortunate inconvienance?).  Anyway, lines like that.

It had a great message about finding worth within yourself and not based on what other people think about you, who your true friends are, and finding "untapped" strength within to do things you never thought were possible.

All in all, I give it a 4 out of 5 stars. Some of the dialogue was a bit "old" for the younger kids.  But, it had enough action and humor that they didn't notice what they were missing.

Back to running today.  6 kids, 3 teams, practices starting at the same time in 3 different towns.  Whose bright idea was this?

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline vivyt

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2009, 08:14:40 am »
Betty- How exciting! It's real now.  :) :)

Mum- I think they are calling it "climate change" now....LOL! I am glad the movie was good. I have seen the previews and it looks funny.

I still haven't kicked this cold thing that is lingering. I don't know what the deal is. I wish it would leave already!

Hope everyone has a good day....I just realized I say that a lot.  ;D

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 01:53:03 am »
Nothing to report, just following along....Have a good weekend...
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 08:09:41 am »
Morning all,

Mum, the movie is called "An Inconvenient Truth."  (I remember from when I saw it a couple years ago).  The name of the school I'm graduating from is called Trine University.  It was called Tri-State, the name just changed this year.  Some couple whose last name is Trine gave the university some huge donation, and they hire a lot of the school's graduates in their company.  I have to go there for the graduation, and it's an hour and a half away.  And it's at 10:00 in the morning, so I'm not happy about that.  Oh well, it's only once, right?

Andrea, I woke up this morning, and it feels like someone lit a bonfire around my eyes and nose.  I've been blowing my nose nonstop for like the past couple months, but now it's really starting to become a pain in the ass.  I'm going to take some o.t.c. sinus pills and see if that clears it up.  Did you say yours was congestion also, or are you having something else going on?  I can't remember.

Queen, I hope you have a good weekend also.  What's going on with the dj stuff?

Today I have bills to pay, I'm meeting a friend for lunch, and I have cleaning to do.  And of course homework (that's nothing unusual).  Only three more weeks, that's what I keep telling myself.  You all have a good day.

Offline camille07

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 07:48:31 pm »
Hey Ladies-  Missed you all.  I've been crazy busy with design work lately and I've been building a prototype for a product.  I'm saddened to hear of the accidents and loss first off. 
Betty-  Hope your friend is doing better.  I read about a man who hit a deer.  He called 911 but couldn't turn his head.  He felt the back of his head and realized brain matter was spilling out.  When the troopers arrived they were surprised to see the condition he was in because his head was perfectly fine.  It was the deer's head behind his that was the problem.  True story. I'm sorry to have  about a friend's brother who was killed.  Jersey is littered with them.  Everyone in my family has hit a deer, well, actually a deer hit my car.

Queen-  DJing, how cool is that.  When does that start?

Betty - You're almost there...You must be so proud. :D

Snow and Netta- so sorry to hear about your losses.

Mum-  I love the lawn mower idea. Where did you find one of them? 

This week, I start attending a film festival.  Its at a local AMC theater that is rented out by this particular group.  They run mostly indie films, which haven't been released to the public yet, with actors or directors attending a post Q & A session.  Three years ago they ran Little miss sunshine and Alan Arkin was the guest speaker.  That starts Tuesday. 

Weekend is here and I have my pjs on already for a rocking night watching House with my cat and dog.  It's nice to relax and have the windows open.

Hugs to you other ladies Viv, Christy and Wendy.  Welcome Bobean!

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Camms

Offline vivyt

« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 08:22:47 pm »
Something happened with my post so I am trying again...

Betty- I had congestion in my chest and sinuses. It was worse in the morning and at night. Eventually I ended up losing my voice for a couple of days. I still have a little cough and my voice gets raspy. Annoying

Camille- Nice to hear from you!  :)

I am definitely happy it's Friday! After next week, we are on Spring Break and I am definitely ready. I do have a funny story for you all. Yesterday at school a Kindergarten teacher shared a little story. She was talking to a student and another on came over and started telling her something. She said to him, "You are interrupting." To which the little boy replied, "I'm not interrupting, I'm Benjamin." Ha Ha! So funny... ;D

Have a good night everyone.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2009, 12:11:30 am »
Evening Ladies---

I am not sure when it starts, the djing, but soon. Though it was rainy today, and now broke, I must admit I still had a good day. Me and my gay friend took a road trip today. It was just nice to get out of the city. We were in Amish country, not sure if any of you heard of Spartansburg,Pa. We ate lunch and took some pics. Finally I get to post nice pics...lol...Broke because I had to pay the bills, you all know the drill. Now I am totally exhausted. So, I should sleep good tonight.

The first pic is an actual outhouse where this Amish store was. There was no electricity in the store either. I was tripping....The second one was the front of the restuarant where we ate at....Gift shop inside restaurant.

[attachment deleted by admin]
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2009, 08:01:02 am »
Morning all,

Camms, great to hear from you!  I was watching a movie last night on AMC, and they showed a festival going on, so I'm thinking it must be the one you're talking about, maybe?  That sounds exciting.  I loved Little Miss Sunshine, by the way.  Great movie. 

Andrea, that's such a funny story, it made me laugh this early in the morning (which is a good thing).  Your job must never get boring.

Queen, those are great pictures.  I love the one with you in it.  Amish restaurants are the best.  There's Amish country not too far from me, and there's a restaurant called Amish Acres (it's a whole big place, probably like the one you were at).  I love looking at the stuff they have in their gift shops, also.  I hear ya about being broke.  Probably nice to get away for awhile though, eh? 

It's actually supposed to snow here Monday (after we've had 60 degree days).  I can't believe it.  I'm tired from the week, my left leg is giving me a lot of sharp pain when I walk, but I'm content.  I didn't get any homework done yesterday.  I got my grandkids' Easter baskets.  I just got them candy; their mom said no stuffed animals.  They should be happy.  They're leaving next week when they're on spring break.  They're going to some water park, and Pennsylvania, 'cause that's where some of their mom's relatives are. 

Today I've got homework to do and an NA thing to go to.  I feel like there's so much to do, and not enough time to do it.  I really wish I was still sleeping, but my cat wasn't having it (she jumped up on the bed and started meowing).  Anyway, I hope you all have a good day.

Offline vivyt

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2009, 11:27:38 pm »
I guess everyone is out enjoying their Saturday. Good for them! Hmmm, let's see what did I do today? I turned in some recyclables, went to the market, did laundry, and sat around on my behind. I love the weekends! I finally decided to go back to Eharmony. A few years ago I was a member and went out with a couple of guys but nothing really came of it. They keep emailing specials so I figured why not? Of course I am kind of putting myself out there in regards to disclosure but that's a good thing right? Maybe it will help increase the motivation to get to the gym too.

Have a good night!

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2009, 01:55:59 am »
My birthday is May 29th. I dont know what the heck I was thinking when I posted the happy birthday picture. I suppose I thought it was someones birthday. LOL Must have had a brain fart. Too much HIV in my brain that day maybe LOL

Could be I read Happy's name and got confused some how. Thats all I can come up with.

I am going to get back online tomorrow and read all the posts I have missed. I just wanted to respond to the wacky unexplained birthday pic I did.

Offline minismom

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2009, 07:23:11 am »
Wendy, good to hear from you, hun.  I LOVE the picture in your sig line.  Very Charlie's Angels-esc.

It's been a crazy weekend.  I spent 6 hours tie-dying shirts for Mim's dance concert.  I still have 1 batch to wash and dry today.  Then, tomorrow, I need to fringe the bottoms and the arms.  There are still about 15 people who haven't brought in their shirts, so I'll have more to do this week. 

Friday we rented "Bedtime Stories", "Twilight", and "7 pounds".  "Bedtime Stories" was WONDERFUL!  The kids watched it with us and loved it.  We'll definately buy it - it's a real keeper.  "Twilight" wasn't terrible, but certainly NOT the book (are they ever?).  The special effects looked cheap. "7 pounds" was the most interesting boring movie I've ever watched.  It took us a while to figure out what was going on and still didn't know until the end.  If you like being confused and watching a 2hr+ movie having no idea what's happening until the last 15 minutes, then you'll like it.

By Tuesday we're supposed to have snow.  Yes, snow, with highs in the high 30's / low 40's. >:(  I want to plant flowers, wear short sleeves, pack up winter coats....*sigh* maybe in June :-\

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend.  Make today count - tomorrow is Monday.

Love to you all,
Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2009, 07:32:44 pm »
I think I have a couple of more pics too. Not much going on with me. Getting my playlists of music ready for when I go on air Tuesday night or technically early Wednesday morning, from 2am-4am. That's why I said most of you will probably be sleep. The site is called iglobalradio.com but there are other djs at different times playing anything from country to techno. You never know what you may hear. I guess that is the beauty of it. Other than that, not much going on with me....Nvm, now I can't find the pics, got to look for them...having a blonde moment, forgive me.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2009, 07:47:43 pm »
Thanks Mum. I took the pictures to make that sig line animation last Thursday or Friday. I thought it would be cool to see my hair moving in the wind. Its been really windy here. I must have taken 50 pictures and deleted 46 of them. LOL Wind and bright sunlight can be unforgiving in photos.

Modified because I forgot to mention something.

We had our bedroom painted this weekend. I like the new color a lot. Its a green called Rejuvenate.
I'll post pics later.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2009, 11:15:02 pm by Winiroo »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2009, 06:08:39 am »
Morning all,

Andrea, good luck with that eharmony.  I really don't know anything about it, other than the ads I see on t.v.

Wendy, I like the pic also. 

Mum, we have 2 inches of snow on the ground here, so don't feel lonely.  I love tie-dying shirts.  Years ago, a bunch of us did that to some NA convention shirts, then sold them and raked in a lot of cash. 

Queen, have fun with the dj thing.

I woke up this morning and thought maybe the house had gotten blown into the arctic.  It's so cold.  Hopefully this, the cold and snow, will go away by Wednesday.  I know this has happened years before, it just hasn't happened in a long time, so we've gotten spoiled. 

Yesterday I managed to get laundry and a little homework done.  Today, it's back to my temp part-time job, I'm taking my grandkids their Easter baskets (my granddaughter told me yesterday she has stitches in her lip), and I have tons of homework.  You all have a good day.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2009, 07:59:57 am »
Good morning , Ladies.                                                                   Betty, sorry about the snow. I hope it will be gone soon. You graduate soon, that is great.                                                                  Queen, love the pictures. Good luck with the DJing. I know you will be a hit ;D.                                                                                             Wendy, I like green. The whole inside of my parents house in Greensboro is painted green.                                                              Camms,hope you had a very relaxing weekend.                                                  Minismum, hope your family is doing well.I wanted to see Bedtime stories. I like Adam Sandler, he is funny.                                                    Anyway, the last week has been crazy. I bought a car, got a letter from Social Security, with a "Fully Favorable" Decision,for SSI, I think. I have an appointment with them Tuesday. I quit work yesterday. I worked a double Thursday, I worked Friday and Saturday night and was supposed to go in at 9am Sunday and I just couldn't. I am very tired and feel like someone beat me with a broom. So I didn't go in or call.  Should have called but honestly, I didn't want to hear it.                Today, I go to pick up Robert's report card and then appointment tomorrow.  I will rest in between.                                                                                        Andrea, I love the story about the kid at your school. When I was little, I would go to my Aunt and tell her I was hungry or thirsty and she would say, I'm Lynne, nice to meet you,  hungry.   It is funny now, not so much then.                                                              Hope everyone has a good day. I will write again soon with an update. TTYL.   Cristy

Offline netta

« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2009, 10:24:00 am »
Hello ladies, hope all i well. Nothing much going on, church sunday and cooked a great dinner, turkey wings baked with cornbread dressing , fried okra and corn, pig feet.
My dh has a healthy appetite and the stomach to show for it . lol. Well i am also broke from paying bills, and my dh gets his first paycheck friday, which is already spent on bills. My car tag of over 200.00 !that took a chunk out of my check!
Betty- excited for your graduation, hope you feel better
Winn-  I like your avatar, you should be a web designer!
Mum- Super Mum is all I can say, what color is your cape? Oh we rented 7pounds this weekend also, it was just as you said, didn't know wha twas going on till the end.
Cristy- great news about your SSI, get some rest baby, you deserve it!
Queen could luck with the djing, love your pics you are so pretty
Camms- good to here from you, love your  new avatar.

Offline minismom

« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2009, 11:36:02 am »
Netta, my cape is a lovely shade of purple ;D

Rain, rain, freezing cold, rain, with more rain and freezing cold changing to snow, snow, still freezing with snow for the next 10 days.  Yesterday? 72 with sun.  Today? 38F with rain (then snow). The wind is fierce, too.  What blooms we had on our cherry blossoms are all gone. :(  At least we won't have to worry about shuffling kids back and forth to baseball practice today and tomorrow - they've all been canceled.

Not much planned for today.  Trying to catch up on laundry and get dinner cooked before we need to leave for dance class.  Mim has her ENT appointment tomorrow (in the snow, again) so hopefully I'll have some good news to report tomorrow afternoon.

Have a great Monday!  Betty, hun, stay safe and warm.
Mum

edited because I keep forgetting to tell you my great news (said with proper amount of dripping sarcasm).  Hubby informed me yesterday that parts of his family are planning a trip to visit in early May.  Am I happy about it?  NO!  Do I plan on calling in dead?  YES!  Do I now hope and pray we have snow in May because they hate snow and cold weather?  Sorry Betty, but YES!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:05:06 pm by minismom »
www.watoto.com

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2009, 03:44:09 pm »
I promised pictures so here ya go.

Thank you Betty. Did your grand daughter mention how she got stiches in her lip?

Netta - It sounds like fattening comfort food. I've been making baked pork for me all week and baked fish for Billy. While we where at Sam's club he thought it would be a good idea to buy a pork loin because it was such a "good price." even though he doesnt care for pork too much because its dense meat. LOL He bought a couple of boxes of frozen fish also and I dont eat fish so we are working our way through the pile. I dont mind eating the same meat everyday as long as it taste good.
I took some college classes in web design and at one time I had a dot com. But it was too much for me. It stopped being fun and started being more like work. People where emailing me often asking advice, many of the same questions you will see on the "Am I infected" portion of this forum. Some of them would be nice people but others where perverts or persistant nut cases.

Mum - I'm with you. I dont care much for visitors in general. Especially the ones that dont go away within a few hours. There are exceptions of course but in general you know what I mean.

The front door is being replaced right now. I'm tired of having things done to the house. At least for now. I'd like some good long private time. With no strange men going thru the house and no extra dust everywhere. I say this while a man is outside the back door less than 3 feet from me working on the rotten wood on the back door frame. LOL
Plus having everything done in such a short amount of time Billy seems overwhelmed and stressed more often and I dont like that.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 03:48:49 pm by Winiroo »

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2009, 07:54:28 pm »
Not much going on with me either. My brother came to visit, I hadn't seen him in seven years. So, catching up and a whole lot of pics. He brought his gf and her kids with them. They are here til Saturday. I get a message from Rey last Thursday, talking about we can be friends? WTF? I thought that was what we were in the first place. No explanation about what happened which pisses me off. He can drop dead!!! 

I have been spending most of my time downloading music for the radio. I am excited about it even though it is only twice a week and late nights. That's how I started out when I was djing here, just longer hours. But I need to catch up on my music, it's actually kind of sad because I can't really play too much up to date stuff because of the N word, cussing is allowed. I finally realized how many songs I have with the N word in it..*sheesh* But I swear most of them is because I like the beat.. ;D

I can't believe it snowed and is cold as hell once again. All I know is it better not stick to the ground! I have been reading everyone's post, just really haven't had any comments. But I do like the paint, Wini. Pigs feet, ewwwwww, though I love chitlins, go figure. :D
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2009, 09:50:48 pm »
Thanks Michelle. I'll pass on the organs. I dont eat organs and forget about pigs feet. I've never eaten chitlins but I have smelled them once before at a friends house in Georgia. eeww
  ;)

The music I listen to most often is stuff from the 70's. I like ballads the most I think.

Offline minismom

« Reply #40 on: April 07, 2009, 12:25:35 am »
It's not that I don't like visitors.  I actually enjoy having folks come over for dinner, play cards, or play with the kids.  What I absolutely positively DON'T like are my in-laws.  They show up every few years and take my kids to Toys R Us and buy them stuff.  After that, they leave and we never hear from them again.  They don't know our kids' names, have no idea what their disabilities are, couldn't tell you even the months they were born in (I mean, seriously, we have 6 kids.  Pick a month and you have a  50/50 chance of it being right).  Our kids have no relationship with them and that's fine with me.  They don't even try.  I just wish they'd stay on their side of the ocean and stop disrupting our lives.

Wendy, I love the color of your bedroom.  I can totally sympathize with the remodeling.  This year we're going to paint our room, the girls' room, and the living room. We're also gutting and redoing the downstairs bathroom so it's not scarey. We're painting it green ;D.  Next year, we hope to replace all the windows, the front door, and the sliding glass door.  Year after that, hardwood floors, new baseboards, and doorframes.  I wish I could wiggle my nose and everything would just be done.  I'm always happy about the results once it's done.  I just hate the process. (Who knew there were 27 colors of tile grout?)

This Friday is Hubby's birthday.  I'm making him a pineapple upside-down cake and whatever he wants for supper.  That's also the day we're having a party with our co-op group.  I have 68 pepperoni rolls to make  :-\   I also need to finish tie-dying and cutting the shirts for the dance concert.  Some day I'll sit here and wish I had so much "stuff" to do. ...maybe.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline minismom

« Reply #41 on: April 07, 2009, 12:46:40 am »
Yeah, I know I just posted, but I wanted this to be a separate post, so here goes.  DISCLAIMER: This is a serious question and I'm hoping to get some serious feedback.  There's no real *nice* way to ask it, so don't dump on me if I say something the wrong way or in a way you don't like.  Here goes...

Mim is bi-racial.  She's 8 1/2yrs old.  She's over there <----- in my avatar.  The last few weeks Hubby and I have been noticing a strange odor.  It's not body odor, though.  It has almost a sulfur, or rotton smell to it.  At first we thought she wasn't bathing good, so I started bathing her.  Even after bathing, putting on clean p.j.'s, slathering her in coco butter, about an hour later she started to smell.  It's not like she went from her bath to running around outside getting hot and sweaty.  She came and sat on the couch with me to read a book.  I've been using deoderant and shower-to-shower powder on her 3x / day and it's helped but not gotten rid of it.

My questions are: first, has anyone ever had this happen either to them or to their (bi-racial) kids?  Second, could it be the meds "coming out" through her skin (even though she's not changed meds yet)?.  Or, third, could it be the beginning of hormonal changes that's triggered something?  She has dry skin, but I keep coco butter on her.  She's not been sick, changed her diet.  I haven't changed laundry detergent that may be causing an allergic reaction.  I'm stuck.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. 

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 07, 2009, 06:36:29 am »
Morning ladies,

Cristy, oh, that's wonderful that you got approved for social security!  You'll have to keep us updated.

Netta, I hate it when I have to pay for car tags.  That does take up a good amount of a disability check.  Do you know, since I quit smoking, I gained 20 lbs?!  So, I have a tummy now also.

Mum, I'm sorry, I have no clue what Min's problem stems from.  Hopefully someone else will have an idea.  Yeah, I went out yesterday morning and had to clear off my car, and the snow was wet and very heavy.  People with garages should be happy.  I'm sorry about your relatives.  That's too bad they're not more involved with you guys. 

Wendy, I love the color!  I don't believe I've seen that color too often.  The outside of my parents' house was green.  I don't know what possessed them to do that.  Oh, my granddaughter told me someone threw a ball at her, and when she went to catch it, her face went into someone's head.  Kid stuff.

Queen, that must be great to see your brother.

I'm going to get ready to go as soon as I post this.  There's so many people who come in for breakfast where I'm working temporarily, and to use the food pantry.  Some of them come in because of losing their jobs.  That's happening more and more.  You all know I live right by Elkhart, where Obama was, and who's one of the top cities in the country with the highest rate of unemployment.  All of their plants shutting down has affected everywhere.

Other than that, homework.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline minismom

« Reply #43 on: April 07, 2009, 08:17:16 am »
Mim has an appointment today with Dr. D (ENT) for a follow-up.  Not sure what he's going to want next, but I'm pretty sure we've got everything covered.  We got a call yesterday from our new HIV-specialist, Dr. F.  He just wanted to check-up on Mim and make sure we didn't need anything before we see him on the 15th.  I was FLOORED.  Never had a doctor actually call ME, let alone call *just* to check up on things.  When we go next week, we're bringing him (and his wonderful nursing staff) some homemade chocolate truffles. 

Betty, we have about an inch of snow on the ground.  I'm going to have to go out and scrape off the car before we leave.  Schools didn't have a delay this morning.  I'm hoping that means the crews have been out working on the roads.  We have some pretty nasty windy hills to traverse - the first one being our driveway.

More laundry to get done then off to dance class and grocery shopping.  Hope you ladies have a great Tuesday.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #44 on: April 07, 2009, 05:12:34 pm »
Good afternoon, Ladies. Busy, slightly confusing day here but ,Meh, I'll be alright.                                                                                    Minismum, not really sure what is going on with Min, could be the medicines or hormones or maybe both. I would ask Dr.D.  I think it is wonderful that you finally have a doctor who seems to care. It's about time for things to go well for ya'll.                                                      I got approved for both Disability and SSI. I had the appointment this morning  and left there as confused as I went but it boils down to, I take my paycheck stubs to her in the morning and she calculates my back payments  and my checks. I am so happy, now I can get a little rest. Since Sunday I have felt like somebody beat me with a broom and I'm sure it's from working too much. I will be allowed to work and can earn so much before my check is cut so I might try to find another part-time(for real) job in a couple months. I will keep everyone updated.                                Looking forward to Easter and Spring Break . I got Robert's Easter Basket and am working on his birthday gifts(April 20th). They might have late birthday presents this year,G-maw, Robert and G-paw are all this month .                                                                               Betty, I  am very glad that the job is turning out so well for you. I know the unemployment is outrageous everywhere so I bet a lot of people are relying on that for meals . My Grandma used to work at a place called"The Potter's House "in Greensboro and I helped her some.Just serving food but it felt good to be helping.                   Well, it has been a tiring day. I will check in again soon.                         Queen, so glad you got to see your brother.                                       TTYL.   Cristy     

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2009, 05:36:56 pm »
Hey Ladies---

Before I forget, let me address Mum first. Being that I am bi-racial, I use to sweat without doing anything. Certain deodorants didn't work for me until I started using Secret but then I had to switch to Dove because Secret started breaking me out under my arms. Has stuck with it since. I mean I am not a doctor of course but it may be something simple like switching deodorants. Just a thought.

Nothing much going on here. I got my music ready for tonight. And I can't wait. Wini, Sorry the chiltins and pigs feet comment was directed at Netta. I really try not eat a lot of pork but I love steak. Netta, what are tags? The license plates? My brother lives in GA and he said that they don't have to pay for inspections or emissions down there. I was like what? That is sweet. I am also considering moving down there, maybe next year. If I still go in July, I am going to see about getting my section 8 transferred down there. Seriously considering it. So anything you can tell me Netta would be helpful. Christy, congrats on getting the disability.

I think I may get a nap in since I have to be up late tonight. Have a good day ladies.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2009, 06:11:03 pm »
Wini, Sorry the chiltins and pigs feet comment was directed at Netta.
I knew. I just had to throw in my two cents.  :D

Mum you should figure out what part of her body the odor is coming from. I dont have any biracial children but my first thought was if it isnt hormonal it could be fungal. I'd consult with her doctor.
She is kinda young to be getting that funky smell. But some kids mature quicker than others and I'm not sure if girls stink as badly as boys. Aaron was a stinker around puberty. I was a late bloomer. 

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2009, 06:16:47 am »
Morning all,

Mum, the comments have seemed good so far about Min's problem. One thing to remember, is that kids today mature much faster than when we were kids.  There are many more hormones in the foods, mlik etc. that they're eating, which is causing their bodies to grow faster.  If things don't improve, I'd definitely mention it to the doc. 

Cristy, I think any government agency likes to confuse people, so they don't really know what's going on.  You'll probably get a letter, which may explain things better.  Things today are a little different than when I went on disability, so I'm not sure exactly what happens now.  I never dealt with my local social security office when I went on disability.  I hope you're starting to feel more rested.  The amount that a person can make this year without getting their check cut off is either $940 or $980, can't remember which it is.  It goes up every year, though.

Queen, I'm waiting anxiously to hear how your first night of dj'ing went.  I bet you're good at it.  Here in Indiana, we don't have inspections (unless it's an out of state car) nor have to pay for emissions.  I'm not suggesting you would want to move here.  Hell, I don't even want to be here most of the time. I'm sure Georgia is much more pleasant.

Today, there's just work and tonight's school.  I'm taking my car into the mechanic's also.  They have rental cars, and I'm counting on them having one when I take my car in.  Otherwise, I'll have to reschedule.  The last time they told me they were going to have one, they didn't.  Anyway, it needs the clutch replaced, and a few other things done.  Other than that, a little cleaning and homework today.  I hope you all have a good day.

Offline netta

Q
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2009, 02:22:11 pm »
Hey Ladies,
I am sick of pig feetm my husband had it two Sundays in a row. I only cok it once in a blue moon, maybe his feet swelling up was enough to scare him away. lol

Minmom- I would ask the doctor about Mins odor.
Queen- a tag isactually the taxes you pay here yearly on a car, the older thecar the less the taxes.No inspections needed here, I don't know about Atlanta.
The ease of living is what I like here as oppose to New York and Jersey. No one is i n a rush to do anything though, so you must be patient.
Food is great and weather is great, very mild winters. hot summers and spring canbe all year round, depending on the weather, last  weekend it was 70 and this week in the 50s.Today must be 70.
Hope all is well, anyone here from Tendai???

Offline keepingfaith

• Go Me!
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2009, 03:01:46 pm »
Hey Ladies,

How are you girls doing? I'm just checking in. I have been lurking and not posting much. Nothing's much been going on with me. Just the same ole same ole. Nothing but work and school for me. I am so ready for these next 2 classes to be done with. I got the results of my blood work from last month. MY CD4 is 804 and still U/D. It has come all the way from CD4 of 278. ;D

Queen- Yes, move on to Atlanta. that means y ou would be a little closer to me. How did the DJ'ing go lastnight.

Cristy - I'm happy you go appoved for Social Security maybe now you won't have to work so hard.

Netta- How is the married life still going for you? You sound so happy! Go girl!

Betty- We're almost there chick. I took a 2 week break after this class though. Are you still not smoking??

Viv- How have you been lately.

Snow-- HEY!!!!!

To all my other ladies I love you guys

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.