Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:58:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 636
Total: 638

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Pat Robertson Predicts Horrific Terrorist Attack on U.S.  (Read 7708 times)

Offline Tucsonwoody

Pat Robertson Predicts Horrific Terrorist Attack on U.S.
« on: January 02, 2007, 09:09:04 pm »
Okay folks - better have all the fun you can before September - !

VIRGINIA BEACH, Virginia —  Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday a horrific terrorist act on the United States that will result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

"I put these things out with humility," he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,240841,00.html
« Last Edit: January 02, 2007, 09:41:01 pm by Tucsonwoody »
And I wished for guidance, and I wished for peace
I could see the lightning; somewhere in the east
And I wished for affection, and I wished for calm
As I lay there - Nervous in the light of dawn

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
Re: Pat Robertson Predicts Horrific Terrorist Attack on U.S. i
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:25:31 pm »
As a former resident of Virginia Beach, and one who is eternally grateful for Pat Robertson praying away hurricanes from the fair Hampton Roads regions (with, of course, the notable exceptions in 1996, 1998, and 2003), I still feel the need to call bullsh*t on this.

Just a hunch. 

God told Pat there'd be a terrorist attack?  Well, my cat told me that Pat Robertson is full of crap.  And unlike Pat's God, my cat loves gay people.  I'm more inclined to trust him.

Call me crazy. 
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:31:19 pm »
Why do I keep coming back to this same song?

God wants goodness
God wants light
God wants mayhem
God wants a clean fight

God wants peace
God wants war
God wants famine
God wants chain stores

God wants boarders
God wants crack
God wants rainfall
God wants wetbacks

God wants voodoo
God wants shrines
God wants law
God wants organised crime
God wants crusade
God wants jihad
God wants good
God wants bad

What God wants, God gets
God help us all
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:33:36 pm »
aupointillimite, maybe your cat will bury him.  He must have went off his thorazine medication again. They start hearing voices every time.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:36:38 pm »
aupointillimite, maybe your cat will bury him.  He must have went off his thorazine medication again. They start hearing voices every time.

Rimbaud would terrify the hell outta Pat.  No joke.

In all seriousness, I was talking to my mom about Pat Robertson when he said that Sharon's strokes were because of God punishing him by giving land to the Palestinians... we've come to the conclusion that he probably really is losing it... like senility losing it. 

It would be sad except for the fact that people listen to him...

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
Re: Pat Robertson Predicts Horrific Terrorist Attack on U.S.
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 10:03:06 pm »
Better yet - sue:
Tele-evangelist sued over 'God can heal' claim

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,1981151,00.html

From the Guardian newspaper:
Tele-evangelist sued over 'God can heal' claim

Ed Pilkington in New York
Tuesday January 2, 2007
The Guardian

Darlene Bishop, a tele-evangelist with a nationwide following, does not do things by half. When she and her husband Lawrence erected a statue of Jesus on the grounds of their mega church in Monroe, Ohio, they made it 62 feet high.
No less gargantuan are her claims about the power of prayer to overcome illness. Through a series of sermons, books and a television show, Sisters, broadcast on religious satellite channels throughout the US and abroad, she preaches that God has the power to heal even the most deadly diseases, including cancer.

But the contention is now the subject of a court action. Four of Mrs Bishop's relatives are suing her over her claim that God cured their father - her brother - of throat cancer. He died of the disease 18 months ago.
In her book Your Life Follows Your Words, Mrs Bishop tells how she overcame her breast cancer through prayer, and how her brother was also cured. There is no mention of his death in the book, which she says is due to the fact that it was published at a time when he had been in remission for more than a year.

But the volume is still on sale through her website (price $15) under the blurb: "How God healed her of breast cancer and her brother healed from throat cancer".

Mrs Bishop's brother, Darrell "Wayne" Perry, was an accomplished songwriter whose work has been performed by big names in country music such as Tim McGraw, and by the Backstreet Boys. For a year before his death in May 2005, aged 55, he was cared for by his sister.

His children, Bryan, Justin, Olivia and Christian, have issued a lawsuit for wrongful death against Mrs Bishop because they claim she persuaded Perry to stop chemotherapy and rely instead on God's healing. They contend in legal depositions that at the moment Mrs Bishop and her brother were touring the country preaching about the miracle of his recovery, they were both aware that he had been advised by doctors that his illness was terminal.

In a separate legal action to be heard on Friday they also accuse Mrs Bishop of probate irregularities and of mishandling her brother's estate. "I am the oldest son of Wayne Perry", Bryan has written, "and I think it's a damn shame that we have to spend our money fighting our aunt."

In her blog, Mrs Bishop dismisses the allegations as "complete lies", insisting she would never tell anyone to refuse medical help. "I encouraged him to listen to the doctors, but he refused surgery."

There is no sign of Mrs Bishop falling on her sword. The motto of her church, founded in 1978, is: "Because Emmanuel lives, I expect victory every time."

"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 10:15:37 pm »
Pat Robertson is a terrorist attack!  Although I am a life-long opponent of the death penalty in his case I'd make an exception.

Boo

String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 05:56:56 am »
Yes he is, Boo.

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat ....

Don't they make antipsychotic drugs for that?

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 08:01:43 am »

Every once in a while I will catch this guy on TV. I make sure I have the sponge brick in my hand, so I can toss it at the television.  >:(

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 08:19:29 am »
Pat Robertson, remember he wanted to be preznit - what a hell of a theocracy he woulda made the US inot!

then he called for assasination of Hugo Chavez (such a loving christian!)

freaking nutjobs are everywhere: even my Mom lets Jebus tell her what to wear on a daily basis, also Jebus sez she will surely win the Publisher's Clearinghouse $10M, one of these days....

and while 80% of Republicans still say they have faith the Dubya, 25% also believe Jebus is gonna return sometime next year so we really *don't* need an exit strategy for Iraq...
Who was it wrote; Give any one species too much rope and they'll fuck it up?
-Roger Waters

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 08:26:23 am »
oh and here's another quick little scary thing to think about for '08:

Mitt Romney is Mormon

Mormons are totally wrapped up into the Mayan Calendar which kind of just ends on Dec 20, 2012. Maybe its the 21st, I forget

The Mormons believe the Mayans are an off-shoot of one of the 12 tribes that wandered into the new world (2 of the 12 tribes ended up here)

Therefore, a good Mormon *must* believe the world will end in 2012, just at the end of the next Presidential rotation.

So be afraid, very afraid if you start seeing Romney pull out all the stops with his campaign. The Mormons have a shit load of money to pump into this if they really want to. Mitt would probably like to make this world ready for the return of *his* king, meaning of course no gay marriages in Massachusetts and we are already seeing an effort to try to ban it again.

The Mormons are just as crazy/kooky as the Scientologists, and Pat Robertson is as crazy/blood thirsty as Muqtada al-Sadr...
-Roger Waters

Offline josenav

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 09:59:49 am »
Do people believe in those kind of TV shows????   ???  is just a business!  :P
I do believe in God!
But religion is now a business, Catholic priest here in Mexico, Claim to help people and tell em to live giving others, while they play golf in exclusive places, have lots of houses and  luxury cars, and do nothing for people.
Just my 2 cents

Jose

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 10:58:22 am »
25% of the country is certifiably insane

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/1/2/15844/73361
-Roger Waters

Offline bear60

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 11:03:41 am »
My first reaction to this news was: " Ole Pat has done something really nasty this time!!!"  " Most likely with a prostitute!"
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 11:46:11 am »
good thing I still have all that duct tape from a few years ago
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2007, 12:54:34 pm »
Why Pat Robertson REALLY doesnt play golf!!!

LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 05:15:39 pm »
Should have used this one before...

Do you believe in a better day?
Do you have a faith in a golden way?
If you do, then we must come together this day
Come together as one united television audience

Brought together the sound of my voice
United!  United financially, united socially
United spiritually, and all possible ways,
Through the power of money,
And the power of your prayers!

God wants dollars
God wants cents
God wants pounds, shillings and pence
God wants guilders
God wants kroner
God wants Swiss francs
God wants French francs
Oui il veut des francs francais
God wants escudos
God wants pesetas
Don't send lira
God don't want small potatoes
God wants small towns
God wants pain
God wants clean up rock campaigns
God wants widows
God wants solution
God wants TV
God wants contributions

God wants silver
God wants gold
God wants his secret
Never to be told
God wants gigolos
God wants giraffes
God wants politics
God wants a good laugh

God wants friendship
God wants fame
God wants credit
God wants blame
God wants poverty
God wants wealth
God wants insurance
God wants to cover himself

What God wants, God gets
God help us all

AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2007, 09:42:53 pm »
I believe him.

I was telling my friend this very thing just before last halloween... LOL

-joseph

Offline Jody

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2007, 09:50:30 pm »
The saddest part of the whole "prediction" is that Pat Robber-son and his ilk really want, virtually crave an attack of some kind, particularly on New York, or better still, San Francisco or some other "liberal den of iniquity"...He virtually "kvells" for it (I think that is a Yiddish term for crave or hope and if it isn't it is now)  ;)

Deeply "religious" people can be so cruel...I recently saw a preacher giving a lecture on TV on a LOGO channel program decrying the fact that public schools might have to be "forced" to teach tolerance toward gay people in public schools in Texas and he asked, practically crying, "Is THIS what they will be forced to teach in our schools?, not in my state !!!" and the very first thing that came to mind for me was "Is THAT what they teach in our places of worship?".

Be it funny-mentalist Christians, ultra-orthodox Jews or Muslim clerics bashing gays and spewing intolerance because they just love God so damned much, they are hurting us daily with their words...Some Muslim clerics in places like Iran and Malaysia force "trials" of gays where they are put to death in horrible ways such as hanging or being thrown from tall buildings...Orthodox Jews in Israel scream "Death to Palestinians" and "run them out of the country" and guess what- They don't go sign up or get drafted into the Israeli army and risk life and limb like Reform Jews who do have to serve, after all they are "religious" men.  Hmmm.

Not to be cruel but it would be nice if maybe a bomb did go off- right up Pat Robber-sons butt hole !!!  :D

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2007, 09:53:45 pm »
The saddest part of the whole "prediction" is that Pat Robber-son and his ilk really want, virtually crave an attack of some kind, particularly on New York, or better still, San Francisco or some other "liberal den of iniquity"

Ding ding ding!

You're completely right!

Of course, when some white, Christian nutjob sets off a bomb in Oklahoma City... all is strangely silent from the Fringe Front.

Interesting, n'est-ce pas?

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2007, 09:58:35 pm »
jody is totally right on!  not only would they get a good bombing in a 'den of iniquity', they could also then say:  SEE?!  I told you God said so!
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2007, 10:00:26 pm »
Does anybody remember a couple of years ago when he thought that putting a nuke in Foggy Bottom (the neighborhood in DC where the State Deptartment offices are) would be a good idea?

Offline twofires

• Artists Farm
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2007, 07:24:50 am »
I tell you one thing: chrsiatians generally are a pain in the ass. Over christmas i was in Pittsburg, and had taken a wrong turn so ended up smack in downtown, so I drove up to a group of festively clad party goers, I have no idea who the fuck the were except they were all dressed up for Jebus' Birthday. When I tried shouting out to them from my van, they all turned their sorry heads away so they wouldn't have to see whatever it was that was happening around them. You should have seen the look of relief in their faces when they realized I was just a lost driver looking for directions, then they were all light and happiness. Up to that point though, I was OF COURSE some kind of pariah to be avoided like the plague.

-Roger Waters

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2007, 09:16:19 am »
I certainly don't want to besmirch the man with apocrypha, but wasn't he the one (or was if Falwell...) who declared hurricane Katrina was god's punishment?  I know some geniuses declared god was preventing Southern Decadence Day but that made no sense as Katrina struck the weekend before SD.  I mean, if god wanted to teach filthy sodomites a lesson he would wait until they were all in N.O., right?  Fire and brimstone on the sinners themselves, not poor schmucks who lived in St. Bernard parish and the 9th Ward, Lakeview, Mid-City, etc. in New Orleans.

Boo

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline libvet

« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2007, 09:40:05 am »
Well, keep in mind, Robertson's brand of televangelists are the same people who think HIV is God's punishment against gays and drug users.   Apparently, in addition to being all-powerful and all-knowing, God has really bad aim or has it out for poor people in third world countries that make up the majority of people with HIV.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2007, 10:24:04 am »
Let's not besmirch all Christians with a wide brush.  My mother's Episcopal priest loves me and my disease.  He's married evidently but my gaydar goes up quite high when he enters the room.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Boo Radley

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2007, 10:41:42 am »
Let's not besmirch all Christians with a wide brush. 

I don't think anyone has -- so far the discussion has been about fundamentalists of all religions although since here in the USA Christianity is the "default" religion we're bound to mention it more often.

My mother's Episcopal priest loves me and my disease.  He's married evidently but my gaydar goes up quite high when he enters the room.

I think married Episcopal priests are almost always gay... in my limited experience.

Boo

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2007, 01:32:39 pm »
Pat lied to us. God said he didn't talk to Pat.

http://www.madblast.com/index.cfm?action=view&id=13003&scid=9668

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.