Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:11:49 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158
Total: 158

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: recreational drugs while on meds??  (Read 40717 times)

Offline PozJeepGuy

• Facebook - Jacob Perry
recreational drugs while on meds??
« on: May 22, 2011, 02:11:53 am »
i don't know why all the sudden, gut thought of Ecstasy, sh rooms, and a few other fun ones have been popping in and out of my head.  Just have a night of clubbing but then realty steps in and i don't know if this is a good thing.  I know for me dropping some ex and going to a rave is a great relief.  Will this be the case or brass myself for a rough ride.  What so you all think
Jake

Offline tednlou2

Re: recreational drugs while on meds??
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2011, 03:17:04 am »
Man, I feel so boring compared to many of the people I know.  The hardest thing I've ever done was pot, and I got so sick on that.  I think it was tainted with something, because I don't understand puking my guts out and feeling like I was going crazy.  I think some LSD or something was in it.  After that, I was just always afraid to take something that I had no idea what it really was or where it came from.  Give me a beer or whiskey sour and I'm good.  So, I really am as boring as I seem.  Or square...lol. 

As for doing these on HIV meds, I think most just caution against forgetting to take your meds and not real interactions.  Maybe others can give more info.       

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2011, 05:37:28 am »
Everyone needs to cut loose sometimes

One chemistry point, the Norvir (ritonavir) will make most recreational drugs last longer and have a stronger effect (because it prevents them leaving the body at the usual speed) ie use less.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 07:05:20 am »
  The hardest thing I've ever done was pot, and I got so sick on that.  I think it was tainted with something, because I don't understand puking my guts out and feeling like I was going crazy.  I think some LSD or something was in it.        

A lot of people who actually inhale the first time experience these effects Teddy.  When I was younger I had a friend who use to smoke with me that would scare the crap out of me because he got so sick.  Go get you a dimebag and try again... once you get past the sickness issues you can move up to something harder like crack.

i don't know why all the sudden, gut thought of Ecstasy, sh rooms, and a few other fun ones have been popping in and out of my head.  Just have a night of clubbing but then realty steps in and i don't know if this is a good thing.  I know for me dropping some ex and going to a rave is a great relief.  Will this be the case or brass myself for a rough ride.  What so you all think

get yourself some shrooms, E will eat holes in your brain.

I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 07:14:14 am »
I doubt I would do anything stronger than pot these days but thats just me.  Of course if there was a chance to get some good hash oil, I would love the taste of that (just a drop or two on me bong hit).  This month has been fun because I actually came into some pretty good sticky bud when I ventured to WV.

Ya gotta have some fun right?

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2011, 07:53:43 am »
Just say no!  As if we ever had that ability.  I've never done those but am not opposed to it.  I started smoking medical marijuana almost 2 years ago and it was a godsend.  I'm not sure about interactions, but I regularly take my evening meds with white zin and so far, no problems.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline mikeyb39

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2011, 08:41:32 am »
well I know alot of folks that PNP and other types of shit and it doesn't seem to bother them  The strongest thing i've ever tried is pot, and only do it when i'm out of the country, LOVE me some Amsterdam, its a must visit for anyone that has never been, not just for the smoke, but a nice laid back city all together.
11/02/2010  cd4-251, vl-591000
12/09/2010  started Atripla
02/18/2011  cd4-425, vl-800
06/10/2011  cd4-447, vl-70
10/10/2011  cd4-666, vl-80
01/05/2012  swiched med (prezista,norvir ,isentress, )
02/10/2012  cd4-733, vl-UD  Viread removed
06/10/2012  cd4-614, vl-UD
12/14/2012  cd4-764, vl-UD
09/01/2013  cd4-785, vl-UD
03/06/2014. cd4- 1078, VL-UD
09/05/2014  cd4-850 , VL-UD
09/05/2014 switched meds isentress, prezcobix -still only two antivirals
10/14/2015  cd4-600 , VL-UD

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2011, 08:46:35 am »
 Hi,

Your in a drug study right?   Just wondering what the doctors may say about using recreational drugs while in this study.  Curious...

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2011, 08:58:30 am »
What so you all think

I think you should let me sample anything you get your hands on first, just to be on the safe side. ;D

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline wolfter

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2011, 09:07:10 am »
I think you should let me sample anything you get your hands on first, just to be on the safe side. ;D

All things in moderation, including moderation.

Priceless!  I love it.  My family's home county is world wide known for it's weed.  Meigs county ohio.  No one works yet everyone lives in nice large homes!

Offline PozJeepGuy

• Facebook - Jacob Perry
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 09:44:05 am »
You guys just made my day.  I haven't laughed this hard in a few months.  I haven't done anything stronger than weed in a decade.  And I forgot who brought up the study but i didn't even think of that aspect.  I am differently not a pnp person.  I just thought it would be fun to take some x and just go clubbing one night just for a release. 

Ann if you ever get to Denver your on.  It will be my first date with a girl since high school. 
Jake

Offline wolfter

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2011, 09:59:36 am »
I doubt I would do anything stronger than pot these days but thats just me.  Of course if there was a chance to get some good hash oil, I would love the taste of that (just a drop or two on me bong hit).  This month has been fun because I actually came into some pretty good sticky bud when I ventured to WV.

Ya gotta have some fun right?

Not sure if I already knew you were from WVa or not.  Probably did, but I'll blame it on teh HIV.  My entire family is from Jackson CO WVA and across the river in Meigs Co, OH.  Seems there's no one in those parts who doesn't smoke the weed.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2011, 10:00:30 am »
A one-off on X isn't going to skew your study - just make sure you take your hiv meds as you would normally. That's the most important thing when indulging in any recreational activities; don't let the fun get in the way of remembering your meds.

I'll see if my broomstick is up to a trip all the way over to Denver. I'd hate for it to conk out on me somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. ;)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 10:06:16 am »
LOVE me some Amsterdam, its a must visit for anyone that has never been, not just for the smoke, but a nice laid back city all together.

I love Amsterdam too! There's something there for absolutely everyone. Some of my fondest holiday memories are from trips to Amsterdam. Love it. One of the most enjoyable afternoons I've ever had was getting stoned and going to the science museum there. Pretty much every exhibit is "hands-on" and it's soooo much fun! I'd recommend the science museum to any stoner. :)

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 10:06:43 am »
Not sure if I already knew you were from WVa or not.  Probably did, but I'll blame it on teh HIV.  My entire family is from Jackson CO WVA and across the river in Meigs Co, OH.  Seems there's no one in those parts who doesn't smoke the weed.

I am from SC but have a friend that I visit from time to time up in WV.  Fruits from that garden are well worth the drive. His abode sits in Hampshire County (west of Winchester VA) and is actually quite nice.  The fact that he is so remote enables him to pretty much do what he wants w/o worrying about the neighbors getting an eye full.  

He is hetro so no hanky-panky with me but from what I hear, he and his GF usually do the wild thing out by the pool during the summer season.  Many of my friends are hetros, they are actually a lot of fun and really know how to party.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 10:13:43 am by hope_for_a_cure »

Offline PozJeepGuy

• Facebook - Jacob Perry
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 10:07:34 am »
I'm from Kentucky. And they smoke alot of weed there too. I never understood the big deal with weed. I would prefer people smoke than drink any day.  How many mean stoners do you know compared to mean drunks
Jake

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 10:07:41 am »
I'll see if my broomstick is up to a trip all the way over to Denver. I'd hate for it to conk out on me somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean. ;)

It better make it across the pond lady!  You're expected to be in Seattle come August.  

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 10:09:41 am »
How many mean stoners do you know compared to mean drunks

Good point! 

Offline wolfter

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 10:21:37 am »
I'm from Kentucky. And they smoke alot of weed there too. I never understood the big deal with weed. I would prefer people smoke than drink any day.  How many mean stoners do you know compared to mean drunks

Please don't tell me you're from anywhere close to Inez.  I will have to stop talking to you....lol  I was about 19 and trying to go from WVA to Vanceburg, KY to see my Bill.  I got lost in Inez and ended up in jail for the night for trespassing.  I didn't realize I had driven into wolfecreek coal company property.  I thought I was doing ok and suddenly the gravel stopped and I didn't.  I drove out on a coal crusher and my car was teetering on the beam that separated the crushers.  2 bubbas showed up and said they'd be right back with help.  They showed up alright, with a bunch of cops and I was scared shitless.  They were slamming me against their cars and were telling me how people disappear for trespassing in that area.  They probably grew dope there.  I was never so happy to go to jail. 

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 10:24:07 am »
I got lost in Inez and ended up in jail for the night for trespassing. 

I know that pissed her off BIG TIME!!  You know better than that buddy.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 10:33:30 am »
I know that pissed her off BIG TIME!!  You know better than that buddy.

YUCK!  that'd  truly be worse than spending a night in hillbilly jail.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 10:44:48 am »
once you get past the sickness issues you can move up to something harder like crack.
ROFLMAO :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2011, 12:12:03 pm »
This is some information on HIV and recreational drugs from The Body, so who knows whether it is accurate or not.

http://www.thebody.com/content/art38737.html?mtrk=4622366

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2011, 01:02:42 pm »
The http://www.hiv-druginteractions.org/ website has the following recreational drugs in their database:

Alcohol
Cocaine
Gamma-hydroxybutyrate
Marijuana
MDMA (Ecstasy)
Methamphetamine

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 02:33:12 pm »
Man, I feel so boring compared to many of the people I know.  The hardest thing I've ever done was pot, and I got so sick on that.  I think it was tainted with something, because I don't understand puking my guts out and feeling like I was going crazy.  I think some LSD or something was in it.  After that, I was just always afraid to take something that I had no idea what it really was or where it came from.  Give me a beer or whiskey sour and I'm good.  So, I really am as boring as I seem.  Or square...lol. 

As for doing these on HIV meds, I think most just caution against forgetting to take your meds and not real interactions.  Maybe others can give more info.       

I identify with feeling like I am boring, or a square.  Still, I'm glad there's an open discussion of what people are really doing, or thinking of doing, what the best approach might be, what the consequences could be.  It would be too easy and unrealistic to just say "don't do recreational drugs".

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 02:35:57 pm »
Please remember night club rule #1: never dance on a raised surface when drunk or high

Thank you
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 03:14:23 pm »
Please remember night club rule #1: never dance on a raised surface when drunk or high

Thank you

Or like my mama always said ... never run with a coke spoon in your hand . I think she actually said scissors but I cant remember after so many recreational drugs in my lifetime .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline PozJeepGuy

• Facebook - Jacob Perry
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 03:28:21 pm »
Only thinking about x or shrooms. I feel like I'm way to old cocaine, meth, and never anything that involes needles. Oh good god once again way over thinking this. However I am thankful for no snippy comments. Thanks guys and gals
Jake

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 03:29:49 pm »
I knew I should have used a smily face . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline phildinftlaudy

• sweet Ann what you think babe...
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »
Last time I ever smoked weed, a seed popped - scared the shit out of me - so I quit.  ;D
September 13, 2008 - diagnosed +
Labs:
Date    CD4    %   VL     Date  CD4  %   VL
10/08  636    35  510   9/09 473  38 2900  12/4/09 Atripla
12/09  540    30    60   
12/10  740    41  <48   
8/11    667    36  <20  
03/12  1,041  42  <20
05/12  1,241  47  <20
08/12   780    37  <20
11/12   549    35  <20
02/12  1,102  42  <20
11/12   549    35  <20

Offline newt

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2011, 04:27:22 pm »
I'd love a big smiley face night  :) my first ever, and one of few, involved red satin shorts n old skool trainers, hot music, a photoshoot and, later, 2 hot bloke and things I'd never done before.

- matt (there goes my reputation) the newt

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2011, 04:37:27 pm »
Mushrooms or LSD if you can get some good blotter acid.   Given Newts info on the time to clear drugs, remember to pace out the shrooms or acid over a few intakes so you can control how high you get.

X in a club ok if thats your thing. But if you're "too old" for certain drugs aren't you too old for "raving" and "x"?

To trip on club music, I want pot and hash.  Just my opinion. 

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2011, 04:38:49 pm »
If I had some K I'd do a massive bump right now -- my friend's used to call that a "Barbara Bump" and it was named after me, not someone named Barbara.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2011, 04:43:17 pm »
If I had some K I'd do a massive bump right now -- my friend's used to call that a "Barbara Bump" and it was named after me, not someone named Barbara.

I had a fondness for K a time ago . It was easy to buy in Tijuana and bring home in a water bottle hiding in plain sight .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline PozJeepGuy

• Facebook - Jacob Perry
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2011, 04:47:08 pm »
I just thought it sounded like fun. I haven't touched anything but weed in 10 plus years. Just since the process began just always feel up tight. Thought it would be fun to blow off some steam and feel care free for a night. Once again who better to ask then those who have already done it.  Hell even before testing positive I never dropped and had sex so I know it's not going to happen.  Ps. I really miss getting laid. I haven't gone this long without ever in my life.      :-(. Lol
Jake

Offline newt

« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2011, 04:56:42 pm »
I miss getting laid too but am enjoying doing up me flat. When a decent shag worth me making breakfast comes along, they better have good sunglasses cos the sun streams in of a morning and everything is one or another shade of white (brown bottles aside).

I am happy remembering my old life, enjoying my current one, looking forward to my future, took a long while to get there though.

- matt

Offline PozJeepGuy

• Facebook - Jacob Perry
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2011, 05:01:37 pm »
Newt I enjoying reading your post. I just like the way you see things. May I ask how long you have dealt with this because I yearn to get to that point.
Jake

Offline newt

« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2011, 05:17:32 pm »
Diagnosed 2002 or 2003 (I forget) started treatment 18 months-2 years months later. I used to think about HIV all the time but don't now.  Least not in an oppressive way (I am here every day, for example). Sorting treatment was the key. My #1 man (and, erm, for now ex) was diagnosed at 16 and spent 10 years thinking about am I gonna die etc, maybe 6 after 1st time on treatment. It can take a while. Other people's experience will be different.

But in the mean time, there is life :-) (and after, lots of)

- matt

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2011, 05:44:14 pm »
I skipped the weed and used X as my gateway drug. Then of course the next step was cocaine.

But haven't used anything like that in years.

I had a fondness for K a time ago . It was easy to buy in Tijuana and bring home in a water bottle hiding in plain sight .   
Me and some buddies once scored a half gallon of K from a Veterinarian across the border in Matamoros, also bought a bunch of pinatas and wooden statues to make us look touristy at the checkpoints.  Of course this was before the stepped up Cartel enforcement. Oh, btw, we stopped at a 7-eleven in South Texas and cooked some K up in their microwave on the way back to Austin. Idiots.
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline PozJeepGuy

• Facebook - Jacob Perry
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2011, 06:05:09 pm »
Wow that's a story.  Lol. 
Jake

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2011, 06:06:21 pm »
btw, for what it's worth -- if you're having depression issues and do ecstasy you can often waste your money as it will possibly morph into a nasty trip, not a fun smiley one.  Been there.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2011, 06:07:53 pm »
Oh, btw, we stopped at a 7-eleven in South Texas and cooked some K up in their microwave on the way back to Austin. Idiots.

omg, I thought I was the only one who had done that in a 7-11. Mine was in South Beach. I think we went through seven licks that weekend.

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 12:31:24 am »
ROFLMAO :D

I had a good laugh at this, too.  Maybe I'll have to take the recommendation.  I've been surprised at people I know who've done all sorts of drugs.  I mean, they just seemed so anti-drug by day, later to find out they did anything they could get their hands on.  My good friend is one of them.  I was very surprised he was doing meth.  He did say he doesn't feel the same after a few years of doing it.  He says it caused him to have depression now.   

I have a friend who lives in Nashville and works in the country music scene.  He claims he's been to parties where country music stars were doing X, cocaine, etc.  No big surprise there.  There is a married music couple who have "Faith" and live on a "Hill" (trying to avoid google), who he claimed he has partied with.  I still think he may be making it up, but suppose if he wanted to make himself seem like he was friends with them, he could have said they go to dinner together.  What I find hypocritical are the people who get so drunk and even drink and drive, but say people who smoke some weed should go to jail.  Alcohol causes way more family problems and deaths.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 07:28:55 am »
Seems to me that drug taking, drug laws and hypocrisy are often joined at the hip.
I took drugs because it was fun and I enjoyed it, now apart from the occasional joint I don,t
Would I if they where offered ? probably not too many health issues, I would be scared and that is not a good starting point.
Do I miss it ?  At times I dribble at the want to put a spring in my step,  talk complete crap , dance , love and be convinced off my all round wonderfullness.
Ah well.
mhtv
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 10:05:28 am »
Been following this thread and I don't know what in the hell half of it means.  I've mentioned to friends in the past that I'd like to try coke one time before I die and they said I definitely shouldn't because my personality wouldn't be compatible. 

I guess I'm fortunate because the first time I smoked weed in highschool, I hated it!  So I never tried anything else.  But I guess it's time to come out of another closet.  2 years ago when I came down with the crypto, I was so severely sick and suffered horrible wasting.  My younger brother has always been a little pot head and he convinced me to give it a try.  I did it by myself out in the shed and it was awesome.  I now use it fairly frequently as a medicinal thing.   Now I've reached the point where I can take a couple of puffs and go have a drink and enjoy myself. 

I was hitting my little bowl outback one day and didn't know my mother had returned home.  She promptly busted me and I was able to convince her that Dr. Murry had prescribed it for the wasting.  Thank goodness she believed it and she said it needed to be my little secret.  Which in itself isn't surprising.   We were always taught that everything that didn't fit the ideal image was to be kept a secret.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #45 on: May 23, 2011, 12:01:46 pm »
I was hitting my little bowl outback one day and didn't know my mother had returned home.  She promptly busted me and I was able to convince her that Dr. Murry had prescribed it for the wasting.  Thank goodness she believed it and she said it needed to be my little secret.  Which in itself isn't surprising.   We were always taught that everything that didn't fit the ideal image was to be kept a secret.

Did you feel like you were back in high school again, getting busted by Mom?  :D

The "keep a secret" thing sounds very much family:  must maintain the image of a perfect / ideal / model family.  Unfortunately, this doesn't teach you that in fact everyone isn't perfect, or how to accept the imperfections in either yourself or others.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline ruralguy

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2011, 12:52:21 pm »
I suggest setting an alarm you will hear to remind you to take your meds on time....not for pot but for an x or something like it that lasts a long time this will let you relax and not worry about what time it is.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 12:54:17 pm by ruralguy »
tested positive June 19, 2009
7/3/09 vrl 9000 cd4 - 300
8/14/09 cd4 - 350, 20%
started Atripla 9/14/09
10/5/09 vrl undetectable, WOW so fast!
12/28/09 vrl undetectable, CD4 - 615  27% cholesterol down, kidney function normal
4/26/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-600, kidney and liver numbers normal
9/9/10 vrl undetectable, CD4-685
1/3/11 vrl undetectable, CD4-700
all 2011 and Jan 2012 visits vrl undetectable CD4 ranged from 715-645
5/7/2012  vrl undetectable, CD4-615, all liver, kidney, lipids, heart functions, etc normal

On Atripla:  "Your mileage may vary"

Offline Hoover

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2011, 09:19:38 pm »
Apologies, this might be a bit long....
My partner and I were in NYC two weeks ago to cross the border to CT and get married.
While there we had our son UPS us some weed....
The night before we left for home, I packed the bags and tried to get everything in order.
The next morning I looked for the weed so we could give it to a friend, but it was nowhere to be found.
Next we are at the airport going through security and we come upon the big irradiating scanner. Of course I say that I want a pat-down as I will not enter that scanner. I had fun with the security guy and let him know I was queer as pink ink. It was a hoot and he even enjoyed the diversion. When my carry on bags came through the scanner, he looked at them and sent me on my way. Hours later after we landed in our country, I opened my carry on and was knocked over by the smell of pot. Somehow the weed landed in my big Atlantis bag and no one noticed. That could have ended so badly, but instead it was only funny.
I was lucky and luck lasts only so long!

Cheers from paradise.
Frau Doktor Hoover ::)
Infection date: March 16, 2010
20/05/10 - CD4 348  VL 58,000  Lymph nodes in jaw painful!  Antioxidants started.
01/06/10 - CD4 428  VL?
24/06/10 - CD4 578  VL 9,800
13/07/10 - CD4 620  VL?
04/09/10 - CD4 648  VL?
01/11/10 - CD4 710  VL?   CD8 972
16/12/10    CD4 738  VL?  CD8  896   
02/02/11    CD4 520 (month of parasites and new lab)
14/03/11 started Truvida and Sustiva (Efavirenz)
04/07/11 CD4 686 VL 75 CD8 588  41%
10/10/11 CD4 757  45%  VL UD

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2011, 09:27:12 pm »

And to think...we were "this close" to seeing you on that TV show "Locked Up Abroad"  ;D
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Rev. Moon

• Smart ass faggot ©
« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2011, 09:34:40 pm »

Frau Doktor Hoover ::)

Hmmmmpfff... Hadn't you been advised against this by one of the mods?
"I have tried hard--but life is difficult, and I am a very useless person. I can hardly be said to have an independent existence. I was just a screw or a cog in the great machine I called life, and when I dropped out of it I found I was of no use anywhere else."

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.