Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:32:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 635
Total: 637

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Beating the Disclosure topic into the dirt  (Read 16158 times)

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Re: Beating the Disclosure topic into the dirt
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2008, 04:13:16 pm »
Michael, it's so hard to find someone isn't it.  I've longed belonged to the 4 F club- find 'em, feel 'em, fuck 'em, forget 'em. ;)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2008, 04:29:32 pm »
Michael, it's so hard to find someone isn't it.  I've longed belonged to the 4 F club- find 'em, feel 'em, fuck 'em, forget 'em. ;)

Yeah Betty, it really is.  Prior to my AIDS diagnosis, men were disposable and I often said, "men are like streetcars, if you miss one, another with be along in 20 minutes."  Since then, two bad relationships and one with Erectile Dysfunction and going on 8 years of being alone.  Oddly enough, the man with ED was the last person I had met on a dating site, lives in this neighborhood and is one of my close friends.  ;D Have the best day
Michael

Offline germangirl

« Reply #52 on: March 29, 2008, 05:39:35 pm »

There was also something Ann had said recently about emergency room treatment if the condom breaks. 
Michael

First of all I want to say I am sorry for you but I think we have to appreciate that he was honest. I can unterstand his sight of view too. I don't anybody who has died of HIV /Aids. My husband is the only HIV+ person I know personally so I can not imagine how I would react if I had lost many friends, relative to Aids regarding a new realtion ship with anaother HIV+ person. Maybe his fears are big.

Now refering to your question about the emergency treatment: I think you are talking about the PEP. If a condom breaks the negative person has to take aids medicine for 1 month (called PEP) so you can debar your body from the virus. It is not 100% safe but most of the time it works.
Important is to start the PEP in the first 72 hours after the condom break. At best in the first 2 hours.

Germangirl
Eres el aire que respiro,
Eres el compania de mi soledad,
Eres el luz que me ilumina,
Eres el camino en la oseuidad.
Dedicated to my husband

My husband is positive, I am negative.

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #53 on: March 29, 2008, 11:03:22 pm »

Now refering to your question about the emergency treatment: I think you are talking about the PEP. If a condom breaks the negative person has to take aids medicine for 1 month (called PEP) so you can debar your body from the virus. It is not 100% safe but most of the time it works.
Important is to start the PEP in the first 72 hours after the condom break. At best in the first 2 hours.

Germangirl

German Girl Dear,

That is the information I was looking for. ;D Thank you.

Walter and I have a little agreement to not discuss HIV for awhile and enjoy.  We are going to see Annie Leibovitz, A Photographer's Life, they have a Sunday Brunch thing going on and the exhibition moves on to Europe soon.  That will be our second date so now is a good time to thank everyone for your advice and support.  I would like to share a song with you by Sippy Walace and I hope to not be sued by the Wallace Trust or by Bonnie Raitt but...

"Gay man be wise, keep your mouth shut
Don't advertise your man.
Your best ole Gay friend, he might be a highbrow,
changes clothes, three time a day.
What do you think he's doin that for,
While you're so far away?
He's lovin your man
In your own damn bed
Call the doctor,
Investigate your head
Gay man be wise, keep your mouth shut,
Don't advertise your man,
Don't be a fool,
No Don't advertise your mam"  Have the best day
Michael
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 11:37:02 pm by Sonomabeach »

Offline germangirl

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2008, 09:51:02 am »
sounds goog. Good luck. Maybe he only needs time to get used to the matter.

Many people still think HIV is a death sentence and are afraid.

Go on like this and enjoy, you'll find out how things develope. Even in an neg./neg. relationship you never know how it'll work.
Germangirl
Dedicated to my husband

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2008, 01:52:47 pm »
Thanks Germangirl,

I've been in two pos/neg relationships since my AIDS diagnosis in 1996.  The first was with a person called Lance who stole my money and was a violent abuser.  After all these years, a Nurse at the HIV clinic has noticed, I don't like being touched and really prefer men keep their hands to themselves.

The second was with Larry whose partner died in his arms.  He picked me and we went to a lot of gallery exhibitions and amusement parks.  That life was like living on an emotional roller coaster, just like the high speed rides we were on.  I once thought that was the relationship made in heaven until I found him providing sexual favors in a public restroom.  All of my dates have been second to a warm bath and a good book.

I hear the Annie Leibovitz show really focuses on her new work and Walter has access to two memberships to the Legion.  He is excited to treat me to the show and brunch so we are going next week.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline germangirl

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2008, 05:20:45 pm »
But all these things can happen in a pos/pos or neg/neg relationship too.

Many friends of mine always fail chosing their boyfriends (and they are neg.). You can have luck or bad luck irrespective the HIV status.

A good friend of mine has been together with an dominican man and he only wanted sex and money, trying to get it by lying a lot about car problems, health problems....

Another one, married to a dominican, was only useful for the man to fix his papers in Germany and to get the german passport.

Same thing happen to others with German man, African man. All of them don't have to handle HIV problems.

I hope your story with Walter will lead to a good end. You deserve it after all this shit.
Dedicated to my husband

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.