Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:16:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 358
Total: 359

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: just venting  (Read 10042 times)

tendai

just venting
« on: September 03, 2007, 04:30:57 am »
hie ladies,

i just wanted to rant. yesterday was my birthday i turned 28. so this guy whos asking me out right we go out for the day, just hang out eating and drinking having conversation.  we even talked about hiv and how its hard to keep infection rate down because of men who tend to lose control with women they barely know and end up having unprotected sex.  and he was saying how wrong that was and people should behave more responsibly.
so he takes me home and i want to give him back his sweater that he lent me.  so anyway we started making out and all.  and there he goes trying to screw me without a condom! after what we had been discussing and whats more this relationship isnt even a week old for heavens sake! i had to hit him and kick him out.  i was so ticked off.  he really seemed like he was an intelligent understanding guy witha good head on his shoulders and it turns out he's just a sex maniac. i am so furious with myself for . well i dont know,  i'm angry and so disappointed. what is wrong with men? or is it me? do i invite sex maniacs or something?
in high school this lady had a meeting with us girls and said "if u see all the guys flocking around you dont think u're pretty, you're like rotten meat attracting flies".  makes me rethink things a lot..
just venting thanks for listening

Offline emeraldize

Re: just venting
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 07:52:40 am »
Hi Tendai

Glad you posted, sorry for the circumstances. How disappointing for you. The fact that you had to hit him to get him to back off puts it at the frightening level in my book. I'm glad you are okay.

I'm not so sure it's always a matter of drawing a particular type of person. Some people are going to attempt to get their agenda met no matter what the other person says or does. Just imagine...in your case, you had the sense to hit him, another woman may have been passive and thinking it was a no win situation.

I don't think the topic of your sexual conversation could have been any more precise. Perhaps he felt that having touched the topic meant he could touch you. I gather there won't be another date, so you can't ask him why he behaved so poorly.

Short of asking a man directly if he's ever raped a woman, or if he's ever been relentlessly sexually forward, or if he respects women especially his mother, I don't know how one would assess attitudes except through the process of dating.  This can take a long time unfortunately.

I want to move to something different for a moment.

Happy Birthday
Em
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 07:56:07 am by emeraldize »

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 09:17:32 am »
Hey Ten-
   A lot of guys I think will try to put up a good front to see if you trust them enough to take things to a different level.  Like Em said, the fact that you had to hit him and kick him out to get him to stop is not good.  It's too bad we can't see into the future or what's really going on inside someone's mind.  It sounds like he said all the right things to get you to trust him enough to have him into your place.  I myself would rather someone be right up front with me about what they're expecting.  I can't stand it when someone tries to play mind games. 

It doesn't sounds like there's anything you could have done differently.  I don't think it's a matter of attracting certain types of people.  Please don't equate yourself with spoiled meat.  I know it seems like "it's just the same old song and dance" when something like this happens.  But don't sell yourself short.  Just chalk it up to a bad experience and move on.
Peace-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 12:20:49 pm »
Tendai,

your teacher is wrong... talking about ppl like meat is wrong... she sounded like she yearned for a fly or two of her own...

seriously, dont blame yourself. the guy is a slick bastard who is probabaly targeting numerous women with his moves. just move on and take a lesson with you for the future, be careful b/c anyone can talk the talk...

A Big Happy Birthday to you! don't let that piece of rotten meat spoil anything  ;)
"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 12:23:02 pm »
Tendai,

... she sounded like she yearned for a fly or two of her own...

I was thinkin' the same thing. Perhaps teacher was jealous of student/s.

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 12:48:48 pm »
Hello, Tendai, First of allHappy Belated Birthday.        Sorry that you had to deal with that. Sounds like it turned really scary. Glad you were able to get him to stop. Hoping you have better days.    Cristy

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 04:40:38 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TENDAI!!!
Love-
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

tendai

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 07:55:47 am »
Thank you all so much. I feel so much better now.  I was starting to lose confidence in myself as a person. things like that can make you feel like u're just a piece of ass. can u imagine he's busy texting me asking why i'm ignoring him - as if he did nothing wrong! think i ought to give him a piece of my mind.
i've resolved to give myself a time-out from relationships. u know, spend time by myself sort out my priorities and all.  i feel so much better without having the stress of a relationship weighing on me
one thing this experience has made me realise is that maybe the disclosure thing. well i now think disclosing upfront is the best way to go for these idiot perverts' safety if nothing else. i mean while we were having that talk about HIV if i had disclosed to him he wouldnt have tried what he did would he?

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 10:09:39 am »
Sounds like a real jerk. Who knows, he probably would have tried regardless because he is a jerk. I don't think it was  your fault but if you can safely give him a piece of your mind, go for it. If you don't think it would be safe and it might not, he's already shown he's a jerk and potential Date rapist, then just ignore him. Best of luck to you and hope you will be well.     Cristy
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 11:00:13 pm by cjc »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 04:43:12 pm »
Hi Tendai~

I have at times found myself trying to initiate an "HIV talk" with a neggie who doesn't know of my pos status.  Its really like putting on your game face.  I bet this guy had NO idea you were pos.  This DOES NOT give him the excuse to come on strongly whatsoever.  I am miffed that he didn't pull out a condom if he was trying to have sex with you.  Sure, I know one thing can lead to another with men, as they usu have only one thing on their minds.  Be careful who you take home so things have NO chance of escalating to the next level and becoming dangerous for you again.  I know you've heard it before, but stay in a public place, don't invite someone home until you know him better.  You never know what can happen.  I'm sorry this had to happen on your birthday weekend.

Hang in there!

~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

tendai

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 03:45:32 am »
You're so right. no one's ever coming to my place again without rigorous screening. Maybe never again.  These men are such pests.  You have to lie to them so they wont insist on coming to your place.  If that what it takes then i'd lie my ass off. Usually i say i stay with my older sister and her husband so right away coming to my place would be a no-no.  wish i'd had the foresight to say that to this one.

so he was texting me yesterday complaining bout why i wasnt replying his texts and how he's got his pride and whatnot. i texted him back that i didnt want to see him anymore cos i oculdnt trust him or feel safe with me. 
he goes: 'u have my assurance that i u are safe with me. whats the point of apologising, i already said im sorry and if u cant take that then its unfortunate'
i told him i cant do it and then he says 'ok then if thats what u want then its ok, it was nice knowing u'
so i think thats that, then he sends me another sms saying "i was beginning to have second thoughts about u too so its ok. just bring me my sweater tomorrow." 
As if. trying to piss me off
so i reply and say " i have to burn that sweater - its a closure thing"
then he says ' i need my sweater i only gave u coz it was cold. if i had bought it for you i wouldnt ask for it back'
then i said " it doesnt matter that u didnt buy it for me i'm still going to burn it'
he said "r u crazy?
Me: no
Him: Please give me my Diesel sweater back tomorrow
Me:  Yes i will dip in diesel first before i burn it , should make a nice fire'
Him: Really
Me: Yes really
My phone went flat then and there was no electricity so i couldnt put it on the charger. When the power came back on and it had charged he had replied that i can do what i want.
of course i wont burn the damn sweater. i'm still deciding on whether to hang onto it as a memento or give him back.  for sure i dont feel sorry for him that i would give him back because he asks for it. if i give him back i'll do when i want to give it back to him.
i know its a bit childish of me but if i made his blood pressure go up just a little bit because of this sweater thing, then YIPPEE! my tiny bit of revenge.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 04:45:37 am »
LOL, glad you strung him along with the sweater burning thing!  That is a riot!  You had him going, didn't you?  LOL   ::)
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 09:17:21 am »
 :D :D :D  burning the sweater......
     I might get his address and mail it to him.  I wouldn't hang it up though.  I would want to put the memory of your situation in "the vault."  You know, not forgetting it, but in a way forgetting it.  I wouldn't want to have any memory of him around. 

tendai

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 08:54:58 am »
yeah i did have a snigger or two at his expense. still smile when i think of it. he came and picked it up at work today. least i didnt throw it at him. well thats a chapter closed and best forgotten now. have i learned my lesson!  thanks for all the support ladies

Offline Silence_X

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 05:26:57 pm »
JMO Mail his sweater to him.. just because he was a jerk doesn't mean you should be.

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2007, 08:12:58 pm »
Honestly, I can feel where Silence is coming from. What is the point of keeping the sweater but feels your point too Tendai, if it makes you feel better, burn it. It's not like he is gonna take you to Judge Judy for it. ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 09:43:01 pm »
Hey everyone:
  If you read Tendai's posts, he ended up coming to pick up the sweater from her where she works.  Just FYI.....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.