Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 05:10:55 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773280
  • Total Topics: 66347
  • Online Today: 354
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 295
Total: 296

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Valeant . . .Sculptra distributor  (Read 8045 times)

Offline razzmaniac

Valeant . . .Sculptra distributor
« on: August 24, 2013, 07:33:14 am »
Has anyone else notice the constant, inconsistant changes with the purchasing of Sculptra? This company has changed its policies from how the price, to how many times you can get it thru the patient assistance program numberous times in the past 2-3 years. NOW, seeing I have to purchase the product out of pocket, you would figure. . . no problem. . . but they have now told my doctor that even purchasing out of pocket, i can not purchase just one kit (at around $1000 a kit) but i have to purchase 3 kits at a time. Their reason for this was that they dont know what the product is being used for. . . .wait, what?? If it can ONLY be purchased BY THE DOCTOR whether or not being paid out of pocket, why is it their business on what its used for and wouldnt LOGIC be that its being used for what its intended for if its being ordered THROUGH THE DOCTOR??
There needs to be a law suit against this company making it near impossible to obtain the product now because of their unethical changes in policies.

Offline razzmaniac

Re: Valeant . . .Sculptra distributor
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2013, 07:34:17 am »
SOOOO. . . has anyone had luck with another product like Radiesse that does just as good for around the same price??

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2013, 09:24:08 am »
Yes, I've had problems with them since the company change and the patient assistance program. I'm now pondering just foregoing the entire process and having my face slowly sink in again -- actually that process has already begun as my last "touch up" of Sculptra was back in May 2012.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline msoftie

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2014, 10:52:03 pm »
i participated in a study for newfill/sculptra and testified to the fda advisory committee in wash dc for it's approval since it was the ONLY thing avail at the time - but I would recommend that you SAVE your $ and NOT do it.  it did not last.  i did a series of 16 different sessions of injections of sculptra over a 3 yr period and it looked good but it did not last.  microdroplet technique used with ocular grade silicone and artefil are the only things that are worthwhile.  artefil is good... but pricey, so silicone may be better choice depending on the the amount of volume that is necessary.  I see a dr in dallas that has quite a bit of experience with this - they are out there... seek references from other pos folks, maybe the gay community will have a resource for this... good luck

Offline riverlassie

• Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2014, 03:05:12 pm »
There is a patient Assistant program through MERECK. The product is Radiasse.  They go by the same guidelines  as sculptra. And the only cost is what the doctor charges.  I just re-sent my application. It's every 3 years with one touch up inbetween.
Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.