Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:05:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 373
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 374
Total: 374

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Rough kissing  (Read 37606 times)

Offline ste82

Rough kissing
« on: June 22, 2006, 09:36:22 pm »
Hello meds :)

I have been fretting about a kissing incident which happened a while back. I have read the revised lessons but I would really appreciate expert intervention to help calm my worries. Normally I wouldn't think twice about kissing, but the guy kissing me had quite a bad technique and his teeth were sort of chewing on/pulling at my lips. I remember feeling cross because I was not enjoying it and put up with it for a short while.

As far as I am aware I did not bleed but I am unsure as to whether this guy had any bleeding in his mouth. I am guessing that for there to have been any significant risk, there would have been visible or tasted blood. I have become more anxious since he has not tried to dispel my concerns.

Thanks for having me. Please help x

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 09:45:01 pm by ste82 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: Rough kissing
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 09:45:44 pm »
ste,

You absolutely did not have a risk of hiv infection through kissing, deep, rough or otherwise. Not one person has ever become infected through kissing in the 25-plus years of this pandemic and you will not be the first.

Sexually speaking, hiv is transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse and very, very rarely through giving a blowjob. And that's it.

Use condoms for intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

You had no risk through kissing.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ste82

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 09:52:51 pm »
Hey Ann

Thank you for your speedy response. I guess I am just concerned about the potential for blood to blood contact in the mouth - would this have to be a significant amount to have any real risk, given that the mouth is a poor environment for the virus to survive in?

Ste x

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2006, 10:08:47 pm »
Uncountable numbers of kisses later, there's never been a case of transmission in this manner during the entire epidemic. Rough kissing or other. Period.

In the iffy department, even if  the person you were kissing had her blood in her mouth and IF she was HIV+, your saliva contains a neutralizing element which would protect you.

Keep your condoms handy and use them regularly and you'll be fine as far as HIV is concerned.

No kidding.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ste82

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2006, 10:18:17 pm »
Hey Andy

Would the saliva still protect me if I ended up with dents and maybe some blood on my lips? I'm not sure if I was able to lick my lips because I was taken back by the whole experience!

Thank you both for the top notch advice. You do a fantastic job  8)

Ste x

« Last Edit: June 22, 2006, 10:20:30 pm by ste82 »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 02:33:21 am »
Hey Andy

Would the saliva still protect me if I ended up with dents and maybe some blood on my lips? I'm not sure if I was able to lick my lips because I was taken back by the whole experience!

Thank you both for the top notch advice. You do a fantastic job  8)

Ste x

Yup, saliva would retain it's inhibitory effect even if you had cuts and blood on your lips. But even without the saliva, HIV just isn't transmitted through cut lips and the like. It's transmitted through unprotected anal and vaginal sex because those activities provide the sort of environment that a fussy virus like HIV demands for it's transmission. Kissing just doesn't make the grade as far as HIV is concerned.

MtD

Offline ste82

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2006, 07:38:11 am »
Hey MtD

Thank you for the bonus reassurance.. you are all wonderful people  :-*

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 12:42:45 pm »
PS And read the lesson on transmission if you haven't already done so.

Kiss all you want in whatever ways you choose to. It's not going to put you at risk for HIV.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline ste82

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 01:44:16 pm »
Hey guys

I'm back again with a few mild concerns (all related to kissing with a different person) which I hope you can help me with.

1) Kissing while having a small fresh cut on the gum under my tongue (possibly not bleeding)
2) Kissing while having a mouth ulcer (bottom of inside lip near gums)
3) Kissing a friend goodbye; her face turned quickly and the sharp end of her hooped earring stabbed my lip slightly (I don't know how!)

Of course, I cannot be sure whether any of these people were bleeding in their mouth (or ear lobe), though I'm guessing that the risk in any of these cases is quite low.

Cheers x  ;)

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 02:00:18 pm »
Yes real low, like zero risk.

Offline ste82

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 02:19:51 pm »
Hey RapidRod

Thanks for your most helpful response; keep up the good work  8)

Offline echo419

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2006, 04:15:26 pm »
Considering that I have torn up the internet looking for HIV related stuff, I have not seen anything saying kissing can cause HIV that isn't written by some right-wing kook. I think the facts say you are perfectly safe.

But I know how hard it is to give up worrying about something, the facts in my case say the same thing, but I'm still terrified! But I have to say...you've got nothing to worry about.

Offline ste82

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2006, 09:53:28 pm »
Hey Echo

I know exactly what you mean.. I find that I can be more rational and logical about a situation as an outsider, but when it is a personal situation combined with anxiety then it's a whole new ball game. At the moment I am attending counselling sessions at my local clinic, and am finding the experience valuable so far.

Oh and thanks for the feedback guys, I am aware that kissing is as safe as it gets really, though the possibility of blood (particularly in the third point) just got me alarmed.

Peace out x  ;)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 09:56:17 pm by ste82 »

Offline ste82

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 10:30:39 am »
Hey it's me again  :-[

Just read on another reputable site that it is possible for HIV transmission to occur through ear piercing if a studio does not take proper steps to disinfect/clean their equipment etc. Was just wondering how this could be the case if potentially contaminated blood is exposed to air and other factors. I am just concerned about the third incident above, where I got stabbed in the lip by the sharp end of an earring which a friend was wearing at the time (ok, I know it's not quite the same as ear piercery).

I appreciate that she was wearing the earrings all evening and probably did not even have blood on them (new skin would have grown round the earlobe?) Any feedback much appreciated.

Ste  :-*

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 10:32:13 am »
What you described it not an HIv risk at all. I am rather surprised that you'd even consider it.

It's sort of like wondering if the McNuggets you ate will give you bird flu.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline ste82

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2006, 10:43:44 am »
Hey jkinatl2

Thanks for the reassurance, you're a star  ;)  I guess I'm just stacking up minor exposures, possibly through guilt... like recently when a guy I know frottage'd me (lol). He was briefly rubbing against my exposed behind in his soccer shorts, but as memory would have it, I have started to ask 'what if' there was actually any insertion - no matter how shallow or if for a second. Anyhow, I remember touching him straight away and he felt dry; but I have realised that much of my anxiety at the time was due to not being in control and only just testing negative before the incident.

Thanks again  :-*

« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 10:45:37 am by ste82 »

Offline ste82

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 01:27:46 pm »
Hey Mods  :-*

Hope you're doing good. Well I've spent a few months now trying to make sense of my last concern, and whether there was in fact any risk. I am told that there was no risk 'as long as there was no insertion' but to recall what actually happened is very difficult - especially when you bring feelings such as anxiety into the mix. I'm going on my memory of sense, in that I can remember moderate pressure for a short while. Also, would the shorts have prevented any fluids getting through? I am pretty sure that they were dry afterwards, but there's always the slippery 'what if..'

The most recent concern I've had - and okay I've read quite similar posts on here - is that I was kissing this guy the other week and I remember tasting something when I swallowed. After a few hours of getting home, I tried to convince myself this was a bit of blood (if it was blood then I'm sure it was not mine) and I had sore raw lips at the time, which I remember pulling at with my teeth earlier on. Five days later, and I developed a smooth clear/red patch on the side of my tongue - which has added to my concerns. I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about, as I have a cold at the moment, but can't think what it might be. It tingles slightly when I think about it and there are some small bumps/sharp buds on it. I will see my doctor soon if it doesn't sort itself out.

Sorry for the scattered points, I hope you can pick them out in your response (which I hope and look forward for)  :)

Ste x
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:29:39 pm by ste82 »

Offline ste82

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 01:37:50 pm »
 ;)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 01:39:55 pm by ste82 »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 02:25:01 pm »
ste,

If this guy managed to get his penis inside of you, through soccer shorts, then believe me buddy, you would have known it. You'd know if something entered your anus unless you happened to be in a coma at the time.

You have not had a risk of hiv infection. No way, no how. And as we have repeatedly told you, kissing is NOT a risk for hiv infection. I've been kissing my man for over seven years and he remains hiv negative.

If you cannot put these fears, that have no basis in the science of hiv transmission, behind you, then I suggest you get yourself some counseling. You don't have to let this anxiety rule your life.

You have NOT had a risk in anything you've brought to this forum.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline ste82

« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2006, 06:37:04 pm »
Thanks Ann

You and your fellow moderators are stars. The counselling is a slow work in progress but my doctor is wonderful - I am finding it a useful investment of time and would highly recommend it to other 'worried wells'.

Ste x

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2006, 06:44:20 pm »
Stick with working with your doctor, Ste. It may not offer the "instant gratification" and magic cures which are what pretty much everyone seems to want these days.

But I would encourage to stay with it and to put in the effort because it can really pay off. There are likely to be other issues around the one which originally brought you to see a professional and it's worth the journey to get those things sorted out.

Cheers,

Andy Velez

Offline ste82

« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2006, 07:06:59 pm »
Hey Andy

I completely agree with you - in fact the main issue which I thought was the root of my troubles was only one factor; there were others which have been brought to the surface, stemming much further back. At first I doubted just how useful the sessions would be, so I think it's important to just be open minded and patient.

Ste  ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 06:03:24 pm by ste82 »

Offline ste82

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2006, 06:17:00 pm »
Hey guys

I'm back again, sorry! I'm feeling quite anxious but it's probably because I do not know if I will be able to see my lovely doctor again until the new year :( As recall would have it, I am now starting to wonder whether having a mouth ulcer in addition to raw lips would be a cause for concern when kissing, keeping in mind that I am still dwelling on the possibility of blood from this guy's mouth.

I can appreciate that kissing is generally no risk for HIV as the mouth is a poor environment for the virus, but if there was blood in this person's mouth and if I had an ulcer, would this change anything? I'm trying to convince myself that the specific situation is not so unique (out of all the kisses going on around the world, some are bound to involve bleeding and mouth sores, surely).

I've just been having a bad day and could do with some cheering up!

Thanks x

« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 06:19:36 pm by ste82 »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2006, 06:48:38 pm »
You still were not at risk even with an ulcer or a little blood.

Offline ste82

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2006, 02:17:04 pm »
Hi RapidRod

Thanks for your response. I know I'm being pedantic here, but when you say kissing is still no risk even with an ulcer 'or' a little blood, does that include blood from someone else possibly getting into my mouth 'and' coming into contact with my mouth ulcer? I guess I am just trying to understand why it is no risk.

Sorry for keeping on guys - any contributions most gratefully accepted.

Ste x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2006, 04:34:31 pm »
Saliva has inhabiting factors which prevents the spread of HIV in that manner. I hope you are still seeing a counselor.

Offline ste82

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 02:26:45 pm »
Hi again

I've just spoken to a friend (devil's advocate) and have started to get panicky again. I realise what you are saying about saliva, but would it still protect a mouth ulcer? Also, what if there was more than 'a little blood' (which I find hard to quantify anyway) - would this change the risk much?

How common do you think it is for people to kiss with an ulcer and be exposed to someone else's blood? I cannot get to see my counsellor for almost two months now so maybe that's making me panic, so I really rely on you guys at the moment.

Thanks for your input on this issue RapidRod, I'd also like to hear from Andy or Ann (please).

Ste x
« Last Edit: November 12, 2006, 03:11:12 pm by ste82 »

Offline ste82

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 03:12:30 pm »
Please help, I am having a huge argument at home and don't know how to cope  :(

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2006, 03:22:14 pm »
ste,

There are only so many ways to tell you that you didn't have a risk through kissing. Kissing is not a risk for hiv infection, no ands, iffs or buts about it. No risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ste82

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2006, 06:06:38 pm »
Hi Ann

Thank you for your response. I'm not sure if I made myself clear when I mentioned saliva - first, would it prevent blood from someone else's mouth finding an entry point in my ulcer? (I'm not concerned about their saliva, of course). Also, even if there was more than a bit of blood, even with the ulcer, would there only be a small risk at best?

I'm sorry, I realise I am like a broken record - please can you just clarify these two things for me. I blame the friend for throwing me off balance with his theory that I had a risk and should test.

I'll back off now, thanks.

Ste x

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2006, 06:25:55 pm »
ste,

When you kissed this person you're so worried about, was their mouth dripping with blood? Had you just punched them in the mouth? No? Well I'm telling you there wouldn't have been enough blood present to pose a risk.

I'm not sure if I made myself clear - you did NOT have a risk of hiv infection through kissing. No way, no how, no, no, no! NO! NO RISK. Kissing - no matter what sort of spin you want to put on it - is NOT a risk. Got it?

Keep this up and you will earn yourself a time out to encourage you to get some counseling to discover why you cannot let this go.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ste82

« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2006, 09:25:12 pm »
Hey everyone

It's me again, this time with something slightly different - I think I've got over the whole kissing thing now  :-[  I was just hoping that one (or more) of you could clear something up for me.. I know mutual masturbation is as safe it gets on the sex scale, but am unsure whether there would be any risk if semen came into contact with the flesh towards the stem of my thumbnail, as one side of the nail seems to dent inwards leaving the skin raised above. I was not too concerned at the time because there were no visible cuts otherwise.

Also, would there be any risk if any of his semen (on his or my hand) came into contact with my penis? Obviously I cannot recall whether this even happened, but I remember seeing semen there - possibly precum, as I didn't go past 'the point of no return'. Any feedback much appreciated.

Wishing you all a peaceful festive season x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2006, 04:41:21 am »
No risk.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2006, 08:15:13 am »
ste,

When we say that mutual masturbation is no risk, we are fully aware that semen will come into contact with various areas of the participants skin, including fingers and penises. We are fully aware that there might be papercuts and hangnails and masturbation abrasions present on the skin. None of this puts you at risk for hiv infection.

Mutual masturbation is not a risk for hiv infection, no ands, iffs or buts about it. No risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ste82

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2006, 07:06:03 pm »
Hi RapidRod and Ann

Thanks for your helpful responses, I appreciate your input very much.

Wishing you and all the mods a peaceful festive season and new year.

Ste x

Offline ste82

« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2007, 02:44:08 pm »
Hey, it's me again..

This will probably sound crazy but I've been dwelling on it since it happened at the weekend. Some guy was all over me like a rash, we were topless, and eventually he started chewing/nibbling and licking my nipples with his lips covering the area (effectively creating an airlock). Wouldn't have been so bad if I actually enjoyed it! ::)

Anyway after a few minutes of this, and feeling sore, I managed to escape to the bathroom. The skin/nipples looked red raw, broken and dented: on the verge of bleeding, as there seemed to be a tiny speck or two of blood. Of course, it is likely that I was only exposed to a lot of his saliva, but I'm concerned about bites and the possibility of blood to blood contact.

Please could you wonderful people tell me whether this was a risky scenario, and if not, give an explanation. Thanks  :-*

S xxx

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2007, 03:21:36 pm »
Well first off, if you dont like something dont let them do it.

Secondly, saliva is not infectious and you were not at risk in any way shape or form no matter what happened.  Read the lessons.  Rough nipple biting/kissing is not a route for HIV infection.  The skin is a VERY effective barrier as well as the virus is pronounced in saliva and saliva actually has enzymes that break down the virus.

Seriously, read the lessons.  It doesnt work this way.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 03:23:13 pm by ACinKC »
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ste82

« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2007, 08:52:12 pm »
Hey there

I think that us 'worried wells' struggle to infer and/or deduce from information in the lessons and relate it to our specific concerns... it often needs a more personal and direct touch, so thanks for taking the time!

I am pleased that you highlighted the skin as a very effective barrier (and in another post) with multiple layers. So assuming that he did have bleeding in his mouth, perhaps gums, then the quality or quantity of the virus (if it existed) would not have been sufficient.. am I right? I fully appreciate what you say about saliva.

I'm sure I read before that HIV has been known to transmit through human bites, but am now under the impression that this is extremely unlikely and the only way into the bloodstream through the skin is with needles and deep bleeding cuts. Please feel free to correct me or add anything else!

S x

« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:01:16 pm by ste82 »

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 09:25:45 am »
I don't understand why we must always assume that the other person is #1 BLEEDING on you and  #2 that if they are they are HIV+.  In your case he could have been bleeding profusely from all of his gums and it wouldnt make a difference.

YOUR SKIN IS THE BARRIER.  I know of no case of HIV transmission through a human bite.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline ste82

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2007, 09:21:15 pm »
Hey, thanks for the useful feedback, it's much appreciated.

Something slightly more general now if that's okay. I've read in a few places (not here, however) that mutual masturbation is safe unless there are sores or abrasions on the head of the penis. It does concern me slightly because I have a small bump on mine (but have had full check ups since).

I find this assertion hard to believe because, first and foremost, we are consistently informed on this site that mutual masturbation is not a route of HIV transmission. I am happy to go with the understanding that any infected fluids will not survive (or be infectious enough) outside the body, and that if they should make contact with such sores then it is not going to be direct contact. That's the rational thinking, anyway.

Is it only during sexual (vaginal, anal, oral) intercourse that cuts and abrasions - in this case, on the penis - can increase the risk of HIV infection? Maybe this is where I am getting confused.

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks  :)

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2007, 02:16:33 am »
Mutual mastrubation is a non-risk activity. No, your "bump" doesn't qualify as a distinction.

Brent
(Who hopes ste82 gets help)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2007, 08:49:54 am »
Ste, are you still seeing a professional for your emotional issues?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 08:51:33 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Offline ste82

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2007, 10:41:36 am »
Hey

Thanks for the responses, I just needed some clarification. I know not all information on the web is accurate, but it does tend to play devil's advocate with my mind.

I am still getting help (though it may not seem like it lol) and the anxiety is not as bad as it used to be. What's more, I am still resisting the urge to test after each and every incident, which I guess is a step forward.

Thanks again 8)

Offline ste82

« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2007, 09:26:41 am »
Hi everyone

Just a quick problem for you if that's okay.. I was with a guy and we were both in our underwear. He was heavily pre-cumming and pressing up against me. His fluids would have come into contact with my underwear and possibly my penis - it's just hard to know whether this would still count as innocent enough body rubbing given that he would not allow any air between us!

He was quite forceful, persistent and even arrogant! I did not feel comfortable with the situation, so I know why I'm focusing on the finer details. Is there any HIV risk or otherwise here for this specific situation?

Thanks for your help..

S x

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2007, 10:00:53 am »
Have you read the lessons on transmission? You can find the link in the "Welcome" thread. Please read and see how HIV is contracted. You were not at risk.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2007, 10:30:36 am »
ST, you've been hanging around here long enough to know the kind of incident you have raised this time is absolutely not a risk for transmission. (Re)Read the transmission lesson as Rod has suggested for a refresher on the basics.

Once again this is about feelings and fears which have no basis in HIV science. HIV is a fragile virus which requires the kind of receptive setting that unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse provides. Mutual masturbation, with or without clothing on, frottage and other common sexual play are not risky behaviors. Period. End of story.
Andy Velez

Offline ste82

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2007, 08:54:03 am »
Hey everyone

Just a quick problem I hope you can help me with. Was with a guy and we were kissing for a while (I've gone back to being more comfortable with it when it's something I want to do). All of a sudden, he noticed his finger was bleeding so he sucked it for a while. We didn't kiss again immediately, but we did kiss a short while after (mainly closed mouth but did feel his tongue at one point). My lips were sore and raw but I'm not sure whether they would count as cuts.

I'm guessing (well hoping really) you'll help me to see that this is nothing to worry about. I am trying to find reassurance in the following features:
* blood wasn't coming from his mouth (he was sucking blood from his finger)
* blood would have been exposed to air and, if infected, weakened by saliva in his mouth
* we did not kiss immediately so if the blood was infected then it would have become less (or lost its) infectiousness?
* despite my sore lips, I was not dripping with blood

Your input is most valuable to me. I hope to hear from you soon  8)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 09:02:17 am by ste82 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2007, 09:14:46 am »
Once again you are worrying needlessly. His having sucked his finger when it was bleeding was not a means of storing up HIV+ blood in his mouth waiting for you to be kissed and thereby infected. Naw, that's just your head going to town again.

Kissing is NOT a risk for HIV transmission. Period. End of story. Your own saliva has naturally inhibitory elements against HIV even if there was blood present in his mouth.

You need to worry less and kiss someone you like more is my opinion.
Andy Velez

Offline ste82

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2008, 07:18:20 am »
Hi everyone

Andy: thanks for your last response - it really helped to highlight my irrational thinking and paranoia. I am trying to keep my posting on here to a minimum as I can appreciate just how much time you all devote to this site.

Quick scenario for you guys really. Mutual masturbation with a man, he ejaculated on my tummy without much warning. I was not quick enough to cover myself with my hand, and so some of his cum came into contact with (the head/tip of) my penis, both as he came and when my penis accidentally flopped back onto my tummy. Sorry to be graphic!

I hope you will be able to help / advise me of any risk as usual. Many thanks.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 07:28:29 am by ste82 »

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2008, 09:57:38 am »
No problem about being graphic. It actually helps in knowing specifically what happened. Sperm on the surface of skin including your penis is not a risk for transmission. You've been coming here long enough to know that. Unfortunately you seem to go from experience to experience without stopping to apply what you've been told (and hopefully learned) from previous exchanges.

The only real risks sexually are either unprotected vaginal or anal intercourse. Everything else is no risk or only risky theoretically, which means in the real world of HIV infection doesn't happen that way. That's a pretty simple and clearcut guide for you to go by.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008, 10:00:43 am by Andy Velez »
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.