Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:55:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773469
  • Total Topics: 66369
  • Online Today: 350
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 267
Total: 267

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Atripla day 2...whats the street value of this???  (Read 11654 times)

Offline beefbud

• just some flesh caught in this big broken machine"
    • cubster dot com
Atripla day 2...whats the street value of this???
« on: February 03, 2009, 04:46:57 pm »
Because I know people would pay good money to feel as fucked up as I feel right now!!!
But it seems to peak around 2 to 3 hours in then subsides by the time I go to bed (I hit the hay early usually 7pm) and I found my first nights sleep uneventful.
DAYUM this is like gettin high, droppin acid and being real drunk all rolled up into one but yet keep some sense of coherency about it all.

btw, the title of the thread is a joke.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 04:56:33 pm by beefbud »
"first impressions are cheap auditions"

Offline dixieman

Re: Atripla day 2...whats the street value of this???
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 05:30:55 pm »
street value... no... funny it never has affected me as some ... no side effects what-so-ever... but, I take mine at bedtime late in the evening...

Offline keyite

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 06:49:48 pm »
Yup, Atripla takes a bit of getting used to. I recognise your description of the early days but I'm now 10 months in and none of those effects have persisted (other than a little tinnitus now and again - a rather unusual side effect). Doesn't even matter if I eat fatty stuff with the dose anymore (and I frequently do). So whether you like the effects or not, they probably won't last.. ;D

Offline webster

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 08:03:28 pm »
hey beefy bud
i'm new to atlanta and would like to talk sometime.  looking for friends to give and get support.
i'm on atripla now for the last 1 1/2 first 2 months what a trip.  all is pretty good now except having some problems with my feet and ankles.
anyway get back to me if you like
webster in EAV

Offline lonewolf

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 10:30:34 pm »
FINALLY will be going on meds starting next Monday,  Not sure yet, but Dr has hinted about Atripla.  It's time for something,   aches, fatigue, rashes,diarrhea,  you know the routine.   Not sure what side effects I will have, but still ON meds is better than OFF, by at this point.
I am actually hoping he will put me on Atripla, but won't know till next week.  
hugs,  Bruce
"To all within the sound of my voice, I appeal: Learn with me the lessons of history and of grace, so my children will not be afraid to say the word “AIDS” when I am gone. Then, their children and yours may not need to whisper it at all."  Mary Fisher

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 04:52:55 am »
Happily this is really the only side effect I can report having....this wicked high after about 2 hours after taking it...if thats the case I can handle it and will hopefully subside as folks have said.   
Last night I went to bed and my partner woke me up to take it and I pretty much just fell back asleep and didn't really have any weird dreams so maybe thats my solution.

I guess im doing the experimental thing to find when is the best time to take this and still be functional.

Other than about an hour or two when i first wake up feeling a light buzz my days are quite normal. 
I know some have mentioned a rash so I keep doing the all over check to see if anything has appeared but nothing that i can find.

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 04:57:32 am »
If anyone was curious
my T's were at 322  22%
my  VL was at 6k

Hey webster, i shot you a pm.

Dan

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 03:03:05 am »
it is a nice little high.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 03:04:56 am by red_Dragon888 »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline hikeandbikedude

• June 2009
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 07:08:49 am »
Well dang - I just got a little dizzy when I started the Big A. Now I'm feeling left out. lol ;D
"In the long run, we shape our lives, and we shape ourselves. The process never ends until we die. And the choices we make are ultimately our responsibility." - Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 07:45:39 am »
LOL well its been about a week now or close enough to it and the "high" has become much more tolerable or much less intense.  Happily that is the only side effect I have had, i would imagine in a week or two that free/legal buzz will be a memory of the past. 

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 07:01:07 pm »
My first few times taking A made me feel like I was on Acid, esp. the fisrt time.  Now a year or so later, it is just a buzz esp. when I take it in the mornings.   ;)  Warning, don't do A and drive.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:02:47 pm by red_Dragon888 »

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 12:25:14 pm »
First off my apologies...this post should have gone in the treatment forum...my bad!

Almost two weeks in and I do have to say that after the first week I was a bit leary of sticking with this but then....BAM.  The loopy, high feeling took longer to take effect and when it did was much less severe and lasts now about 30 minutes.   As so many have said I was so reluctant to start any HAART regimen but it seems that im over the crest of the hill...
Also, just had another set of Liver/Kidney/Urinalysis done and all show good for now.  Full labs at the beginning of March and I am curious (almost excited) to see the outcome.

I will say I DON'T miss that high feeling, however, having experienced enough hangovers, highs and "party" days it was nice to have a basis for the feeling and be able to cope with it.   I am glad those days are gone (well besides having drinks with the buds :) )

Thanks to everyone for listening and giving input.  Always nice to know you are never alone.

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 01:08:05 pm »
It's interesting how people can react differently to the same medication.  Personally, my first days on Atripla felt like everything was in slow motion -- more of a low than a high.  But as the weeks went on, it slowly faded.  And I was certainly fortunate that it effectively controlled my HIV.  I'm sure it will do the same for you.  The only side-effect that never went away for me was the vivd / crazy dreams, and after 4 years I had had enough and switched.  Though as you've seen here, there are lots of folks who have no problem with that at all.

Cheers,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline red_Dragon888

« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 10:28:40 am »
It's interesting how people can react differently to the same medication.  Personally, my first days on Atripla felt like everything was in slow motion -- more of a low than a high.  But as the weeks went on, it slowly faded.  And I was certainly fortunate that it effectively controlled my HIV.  I'm sure it will do the same for you.  The only side-effect that never went away for me was the vivd / crazy dreams, and after 4 years I had had enough and switched.  Though as you've seen here, there are lots of folks who have no problem with that at all.

Cheers,

Henry

I use to have the vivid dreams, but they are gone.  I think it was worst when I wasn't seeing a social worker to help me work out my life's problems.  Because of his help, and reading a "Velvet Rage," I can deal with life better and at the same time manage my sleep life.  I figure, thinking about it now, that the crazy dreams is the symptom of a stressful life or the dreams were warning me that this gay man's life out of control.  Now I am living the life I always wanted to live.  Now I live with joy.

Offline Lou-ah-vull

« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 11:35:54 am »
I no longer have the vivid or crazy dreams...but my dreams are still unusual and memorable (before Atripla I could only remember a small portion.)  I think there is some truth to the idea that our dream life has something to do with our waking life and my guess is that Atripla may "multiply" that effect for some.  Since my dreams are seldom disturbing, I view it as a side benefit along with the excellent viral control and lack of other side effects I have had. 

Gary
Diagnosed Oct. 2005
10/05:  367 (26.2%), 24556 VL
01/06:  344 (24.6%), 86299 VL
04/06:  374 (22.0%), 87657 VL
05/06:  Began HAART 05/15/06, Combivir/Kaletra
07/06:  361 (27.8%), 1299 VL
10/06:  454 (32.4%), 55 VL
01/07:  499 (38.4%), UD
02/07:  Switched to Atripla 2/8/07
04/07:  566 (37.7%), UD
08/07:  761 (42.3%), UD
06/08:  659 (47.1%), UD
01/09:  613 (43.8%), UD
07/09:  616 (47.4%), UD
01/10:  530 (44.2%), UD
07/10:  636 (48.9%), UD
01/11:  627 (48.2%), UD
07/11:  840 (52.5%), UD
01/12:  920 (51.1%), UD
07/12:  857 (50.4%), 40
10/12:  UD
01/13:  710 (47.3%), UD
07/13:  886 (49.2%), UD
01/14:  985 (46.9%), UD
06/14:  823 (47.2%), UD
01/15: 1366 (45.2%), UD
07/15: 1134 (50.7%), UD
02/16: 1043 (55.1%), UD
08/16:  746  (55.4%), UD
08/16:  Switch from Atripla to Genvoya

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2009, 02:09:28 pm »
An update.
After a month on the meds..

Lab                                         My results           Standard Range (per there testing)

HIV 1 RNA VIRAL LOAD BDNA     <75                  75-500000 copies/mL     
HIV-1 BDNA LOG                   <1.88         1.88-5.70 log cps/mL

Im a very happy camper today!

Offline Inchlingblue

• Chad Ochocinco PETA Ad
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2009, 08:16:15 pm »
beefbud: Congratulations on the numbers...I'm curious, what is the T cell count? I'm asking because I have similar VL to you when you started and I have not yet started meds (and might be starting soon).

Offline positivmat

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2009, 10:10:25 pm »
I will be getting my blood work done next week. Cd4 325 and v/l 800,000. I will have been on 4 wks then. I started early b/c my doc advised me not to wait for a set point. First night and morning were a trip. Morning felt like I was walking sideways. Vivid dreams - now gone. I miss those. I would like to switch to morning b/c I am having no side effects and I wake prematurely at 2 or 3 am. Then I speed through day so that is strange.

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 04:47:31 pm »
beefbud: Congratulations on the numbers...I'm curious, what is the T cell count? I'm asking because I have similar VL to you when you started and I have not yet started meds (and might be starting soon).

Thank you, im still waiting on the Ts to come back but once I have em Ill post em.

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2009, 05:40:25 pm »
Just got back my T's and they dropped to 274 but im reallly not overly concerned and here's why.
1.  I had a cold when I gave the blood for labs.
2.  Before meds my percentage was at 21%  and now its at 28 % so its gone up so to speak.

Not worried in the least over it :)

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 12:15:38 pm »
Based on what I know, and my own experience, one's CD4 count can take quite a while to rebound after starting meds.  For example, mine has taken 5 years to go from the mid-200s to now 600, and it definitely was not a straight line up. Generally speaking, your CD4 will improve over time if your viral load is under control -- and it looks like yours is definitely under control.  Congratulations.

Cheers,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Tar Heel

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 03:44:42 am »
DAYUM this is like gettin high, droppin acid and being real drunk all rolled up into one but yet keep some sense of coherency about it all.

Ugh! 

I dread starting meds.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 03:48:44 am by Tar Heel »
"So much has been given to me that I have no time to ponder on that which has been denied." ~ Helen Keller

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 07:41:34 am »
Ugh! 

I dread starting meds.

I was also but I did and very happy I did.  I completely understand where you are coming from but the only other option is to let the virus ride out and eventually kill me.  My side effects are pretty much gone at this point.

Offline Tar Heel

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 08:36:04 am »
My side effects are pretty much gone at this point.

How long did it take you to get to that poiint?

I'm just curious, I'm starting meds on my next visit (June.)
"So much has been given to me that I have no time to ponder on that which has been denied." ~ Helen Keller

Offline beefbud

• cubster dot com
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2009, 01:21:36 pm »
I became undetectable within 30 days.
My first week with Atripla was rough...thats when I felt really fucked up.  2nd week still hit kinda hard but started to ease up some...third week was a bit less and pretty much every week following it become less and less apparent to me that anything was going on. 
Minimal dizziness (sometimes none at all) it doesn't really effect me in any way.  I don't miss the "high" feeling at all except thats how I remembered I had taken the pill.
I take mine anywhere between 1pm-4pm daily and i function well on them.  I have had no stomach issues and all my liver/kidney/lipid panels came back good.
I think you have every right to be a bit apprehensive about starting the meds...I sure was and put it off as long as I could but now that they are underway its just a pill I take every day.
Best of luck to you!
Dan

Offline dgmeds

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 02:15:17 pm »
ive been on Atripla since it first came out, i think about 4 yrs now ?  (i was on the same meds before, but in their multiple pill forms)... i STILL have the same sides as the night i started it (the originl meds) .. it's the Sustiva !  its like being high and drunk at the same time.. try to take it on an empty stomach if possible, (definately low fat meals) , this is supposed to help with the sides ? (it hits me every night no matter what i do or don't eat)..
it makes me really hot, and i have very dark thoughts , so i take a restoril with it, and try to go to sleep immediatley.

i think ive slid into a depression over the years, and have been on and off of anti-depressants.. they just make me feel nothing at all , so that aint' good either.. 

however, my VL is undetectable and CD4 is about 690.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.