Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:48:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 391
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 354
Total: 357

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: UPDATES  (Read 19992 times)

Offline zachysmom

UPDATES
« on: July 29, 2007, 12:16:11 am »
Ohla dudettes,
Thought I'd share some info.
I went yestersday to the ID doc, my T-Cell  663 and am still undectable. Yeah for meds!!!!!
However I am still battling with the painful acne, thinning hair, weight gain, frequent urination, and irregular periods. So my doc ordered more blood work for Thyroid, glucose, and hormone. Which all came back normal, I just learned , so it's the birth control pills that's causing all the choas in my body. So as of today I have officailly stoped taking THE PILL.
This is so crazy, since i've been on the pill since I was 15. I don't know what to think. Just have to see if anything inproves. My dad has Thyroid problems and Diabetes runs in the family, and I'm worried that I might have a problem it;'s just not surfaced yet.( on the labs anyway).

Thanks for lisening,
Nicole in California
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
Re: UPDATES
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 12:49:30 am »
Hi Nic,

Thanks for the update.  I am practically going through the same crap.  I am 37 and have been an insulin-dependent diabetic since age 11.  I have been on the pill since age 19.  During the past five years my cycles have gone haywire!  My GYN said it was because my thyroid was screwed up.  I actually started taking thyroid meds about five years ago as well, being told underactive thyroid is a side effect of diabetes.  Just this year, I have had some trouble because the thyroid meds needed to be upped.  I did that in May and recent labs show that I am moving in the right direction with the thyroid.  However, my cycles went nuts in April and it turns out I have an ovarian fibroid which has returned, and in addition I have uterine fibroids as well.  I had an abnormal Pap come back in early May, before I upped the thyroid meds.  I am still bleeding during my third week of pills into the fourth week, so my period is arriving too early.  I go see my GYN on 8/9 to reevaluate.  All she has done over the years is keep changing my pills and she tells me that stress doesn't affect my cycle, the thyroid does.  Well, in light of the awful year I've had, I believe that stress has something to do with it as well!  I am hoping these fibroids shrink and go away on their own soon, as they did a few years ago.  I thought I was going to absolutely bust from pressure and pelvic pain last Weds!  Yow!

The frequent urination you're having makes me wonder about diabetes.  Do you get up in the middle of the night, or do you just go a lot during the day?  I go all of the time as my body is getting rid of sugar while I take insulin all day, so I'm used to it.  I always have to go.  I have wondered about stopping the pill, but the entire reason I started it at age 19 was because of painful, heavy cycles lasting eight days or so.  Now its ten days to two weeks, but not heavy, all things considered.  I might have to by stock in pantyliner, lol!

Let me know how you're doing, and rock 'n' roll at that new job Monday!

~~Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 12:51:01 am »
Great Numbers...The constant urination could be an over active bladder, have you considered that? But you know there is no MD behind my name. Since diabetes does run in your family, I would start taking precautions now. And don't let anyone tell you that you are borderline diabetic because there is no such thing according to my nutritionist, you either are or you're not. There are all kinds of bc pills maybe you need to switch? The pill didn't help with  my periods, it made them worse and didn't do jack for my hormone imbalance. I am now on the depo shot and loving it...No more periods for me, no sirreeee...... ;D
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 01:15:01 am »
Thanks for the responses
So far all the tests were negative, so I have to just wait.
I just starting noticeing the frequent urination, when changing a tampoon became bothersome, since I was peeing so much. but I do get up like twice night to pee, is that a problem as well?
They just did the glucose screen where I fasted for 12 hours, so I don't know what all that entails.
But what is this Depo shot, you speak of Queen? Is it working for you? no weird side effects?
I emailed my gyno but she's out of office, untill the 29th, basically asking her for my options. I'm thinking about getting a IUD maybe? Who knows at this point.
I need help with the diet part if its diabetes, or even pre diabetes, I have no idea about this,
please help
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 01:22:26 am »
Nicole,

If you get up at night, it could very well be diabetes.  Thing is, when I became diabetic I was drinking tons of water and getting up 2 -3 times a night as well.  This is the body's way to flush out excess sugar since its not producing insulin effectively.  So, by drinking all of this water, there should be a great reduction in weight initially.  I was only 11 yo, I was about 5'2" and 115lbs.  I went down to 98 lbs in two weeks before they figured out what was going on.  Your tongue will feel swollen because you are constantly thirsty and you will be fatigued because your body is trying to combat excess sugar without the benefit of enough insulin. 

If you can't wait for the labs, you can always ask your pharmacist about test strips that you pass through your urine stream.  They'll tell you immediately if you're "spilling sugar" into your urine.

Hope this helps!

~~Cindy

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 01:22:38 am »
That's so funny , I own stock in maxi pads, since i'm bleeding now for what? 4 weeks straight, how are you supossed to get laid like that?
Oh yes, the new job starts on Monday, and I'm a ball of nerves right now, since I have nothing to wear. A tyical women,with nothing to wear, and my body shape has changed since the last time I went shopping for business casual. Now I  don't know what is going on anymore.
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 01:25:17 am »
Cindy,
Are these test strips just to test for sugar in the urine?
Can I obtain them overthe counter?
Because I think that's a great idea.

thanks;
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 01:32:37 am »
Hi Nic,

Yes, the strips are OTC, ask your pharmacist to point you in the right direction.  They may mention a combo strip which checks sugar and something called "keytones."  Keytones are present when the sugars have been running really high and are out of control.  An extreme form of high sugar is "ketoacidosis" (presence of keytones) which only happened to me once.  Your body gets thirsty and tries desperately to rid itself of excess sugar through thirst, drinking and urination.  When that doesn't work your body actually starts breaking down fats (which is NOT good in this case), and the only other way to rid the sugar is to vomit.  Please don't worry, its very extreme, happened to me only once when I was 17.  I ate way too many choc bunnies at Easter and forgot my insulin.  I waited until the next morning to take my shot and by then was feeling green and vomiting.  It sounds like you may have a thyroid prob because you say you've gained weight, right?  Onset of diabetes makes you drop weight, as fast as lightning when it isn't controlled!

~~Cindy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 01:37:47 am »
As with anything, there are side effects but I have not had any. I have heard some complain about weight gain but has been on shot I think going on 2 yrs now and I haven't gained anything. Actually lost 5 pounds. And it has made me a nicer person because when pms came around, look out. You said you have been bleeding for about 4 weeks, that is not good if you are anemic or I would think if you're not, you might soon be, that is way too much blood to be losing.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 10:03:02 am »
Hello, Nicole. Great Numbers.  I know nothing about diabetes but the other ladies seem toknow about it so maybe you could follow their advice.  I do know a little about the Depo shot that Queen refers to. I was on it for several years and really liked it. There are sides but it's not too bad . I bleed lightly for a month straight after I started it  but then NO Periods. I loved that part. Very reliable Birth control as well . No surprises the whole time, unlike the pill for me, I got pregnant on it twice . I did have some weight gain  but it leveled out. Another benefit is , it's a shot you get every 3 months so you don't have to worry about taking a pill on time.  Good luck with everything.  Cristy

Offline ubotts

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 10:07:05 am »
Hey  Girlfriend,
Your numbers sounds great..and i hope the drs help u with your other problems.
Losing hair can be your thyroid, as we talked about that already, plus the stress
of a 3 yrs son, on top of that, starting a new job..geesh that's alot to handle..
Let me know about those hair clips..Maybe they have them in CA but not sure
if we have them in NJ...ok..talk to u soon..Liz
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2007, 10:45:57 pm »
Hello, Nicole. Great Numbers.  I know nothing about diabetes but the other ladies seem toknow about it so maybe you could follow their advice.  I do know a little about the Depo shot that Queen refers to. I was on it for several years and really liked it. There are sides but it's not too bad . I bleed lightly for a month straight after I started it  but then NO Periods. I loved that part. Very reliable Birth control as well . No surprises the whole time, unlike the pill for me, I got pregnant on it twice . I did have some weight gain  but it leveled out. Another benefit is , it's a shot you get every 3 months so you don't have to worry about taking a pill on time.  Good luck with everything.  Cristy

You bled for a month? I only bled for like a day. Also, you have to stay on point with the shots because if you miss an appointment they will make you take a pregnancy test before starting them again. At least that is how my gyn does it here. I have not had any side effects from the shot at all. I take it for hormonal reasons since my tubes have been cut, burnt, and tied for going on 17 years now.
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 11:57:26 am »
since my tubes have been cut, burnt, and tied for going on 17 years now.
Goodness! Did you have tubes or boa constrictors? Sounds like the surgeon was fighting sci-fi monsters. AAARRRRRRRGHHHHHH!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 07:59:18 pm by emeraldize »

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 06:33:48 pm »
You bled for a month? I only bled for like a day. Also, you have to stay on point with the shots because if you miss an appointment they will make you take a pregnancy test before starting them again. At least that is how my gyn does it here. I have not had any side effects from the shot at all. I take it for hormonal reasons since my tubes have been cut, burnt, and tied for going on 17 years now.
                                                                                  Yes, a whole month but very lightly.  You are correct about making sure you get you shot on time. I missed mine in 2002 and here's Robert. So it's very important, that stuff they say that it will take up to a year after you stop getting the shot to get pregnant is bull. Or at least it was for me, but now I am blessed with my little man so I'm happy.   Cristy

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 09:31:45 pm »
Goodness! Did you have tubes or boa constrictors? Sounds like the surgeon was fighting sci-fi monsters. AAARRRRRRRGHHHHHH!

LMAO...I had my kids in this order...1987..1988...1990...I think I was a bit fertile and wasn't taking no chances. I got pregnant with daughter while on the pill, both sons while using a rubber..
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 10:04:58 pm »
Hi ladies,
Well I had my first day at work, and it went well, had a few moments where I thought " oh my god, please don't let me pass out" because I felt dizzy at some points. But over all it went well, for not working for nearly 3 years.
I'm still bleeding and it was a problem today, since I don't have the access key yet, and the bathrooms are out side the office. So that was a bitch thinking I was going to bleed through all day, but it didn't happen. Thank
God!!!
I got a email response from the doc today, she said, to stop taking the Birth control pills for 3 months and see what happens, and that a IUD or the Nuvaring would be a good option. So we'll see maybe the ring is good., is it like the diaphram? do I need to get fitted? I don't know if I want the Depo shot, because my problems are the hormones the doc said, and the other options are low doses and/or only in the vagina, plus I had having to get a shot.
Cindy,
next time I go to the pharmacy i'm asking for the strips and i'll let you know what they say.
Liz,
I haven't called about the hair clips yet but I will next week, when they might have them in.
FYI,
I went to get a haircut Friday, at the Regis Salon at the local mall here, and the lady said they are getting a new product next week, this hair clips that are cheaper than extentions, and they are made from real human hair from India, so you can curl them and such. They are supposed to be like $10.00 to $15.00 each. But they hadn't come in yet, and I'm supposed to call and see.
I'll keep you all posted on this.
God knows I can use alittle help in the hair department.

lots of love,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline Rasheen

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 10:29:09 pm »
Hi Nicole,

Congrats on the great numbers. I just wanted to know when you are going to see the doctor again.  I am kinda concerned with the frequent urination. Maybe it is a UTI? Also frequent urination can be a symptom of diabetes insipidus. I am not trying to scare you or anything. I hope you feel better soon.

~~Rasheen

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 11:11:14 pm »
Hi Nic,

Glad to hear you made it thru your first day!  Why were you dizzy?  Just nerves and exhaustion and excitement all rolled into one?  I ask bec my poor neck has cause me to be dizzy for a few years now, lol!

~Cindy

Offline cjc

• Sweet Girl
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2007, 08:10:33 am »
Hello, I posted in the other thread ,wondering how your first day went. I am so glad it went well.  I have heard of the Nuvaring from a coworker. I think you do have to get it fitted but she said it's very reliable. Hope things continue to go well.  Cristy

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2007, 09:35:09 pm »
Hi Ladies,
I'm sorry i'm just posting in this thread, i'm alittle pressed for time and can't type out everything I want to say on the other threads, but i've read them, and will try to respond on the weekend.

I will be going back to the Doc's in three months, I think my labs are do sometime in September. Meanwhile I've stopped the Birth Control but it takes a few days to have things in my body normalize. So I'm waiting to see if the bleeding stops, which it still hasn't. I know, I  am almost at the fucking end of my rope with this period shit. AHHHHHH!!!!!! that's me yelling out loud.
I also recieved a barrel of Antibotics today for the acne, the doc was nice enough to have 200 pills sent via mail,( with 2 refills in addition to the 200). So I need to take that and see if it improves the acne.
The dizziness has been going on for a while, but it's normaly if I'm tired and hungry. But I went a few weeks ago to a Chirapractor, who said, that the bottom of my skull at the top of my neck is so tensed up, that it;s the cause of my headaches, and probably the dizziness as well. He cracked my neck and it felt so much better, for like a day. But I can't afford to see him every week. It was like $40.00 a visit.

Any way, it seems like I always have some problem.
let's hear some good news.......Ladies please share something good that's happened recently. Let's change the rain to sunshine.

love you all lots,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2007, 10:17:46 pm »
Nic!

OMG!!!!!!!!!  The dizzyness and the neck thing.  I have had that problem for years and I am just now getting to the bottom of it.  I had injuries to the base of my neck in 2001 and 2002, and I have fibromyalgia.  My neck and trap muscles are so damn tight that the normal curve of the neck is straight in my xrays!  It affects my perception and I feel unbalanced all of the time!  It got so bad in May that I was in tears and my doc ordered a stress test, 4 MRIs and the xray.  My circulation is fine, its just the tightness.  I can't afford to go either, but I have been going to the chiropractor since Memorial Day.  Started at 3x a week, then 2x, now 1x weekly to chiro and 1x weekly to a massage therapist.  I am just NOW starting to get some strength back in my neck, although very little, and its happening very slowly. The chiro work alone wasn't going to get me the relief I needed.  Put heat on that neck!  I didn't mean to hijack the thread, I just HAD to reply about the neck thing!  For so long I thought it was anxiety, hot weather, fatigue, blood sugars....I made up all kinds of excuses.  Hang in there and we'll chat, ok?

Cindy

Offline zachysmom

« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 10:47:10 pm »
Oh Yeah,
It's the neck thing. I to thought it was anxiety for along time, and my doc just agreed with anything I said and gave me anxiety pills which actually made me worse.
I actually though I was going to pass out again today at work, I've been having to do a lot of standing and then bending over getting files and such, and I was so dizzy for so long I thought I had to puke. I keep running to the bathroom, thinking " if I'm going to pass out, at least I can do so in the privacy of the shitter".

What is wrong with us?
It's bad enough to be reminded everyday I take the pills that I have HIV but now it's back, neck and hip pain as well.
I'm having the pain so bad I can't excerise, and I can't lose weight, which makes it worse as well.

I just keep on trecking...........and so do you, hang in there...we're not dead yet!!!!

love,
Nicole
From Russia with love,
Nicole

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 10:54:40 pm »
ML, I think you said you've tried acupuncture. ZM, have you?

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 11:20:33 pm »
Hi Nic,

No acupuncture here, just getting relief with 1x chiro and 1x massage each week, and a big hole in my pocket!  Where is Mr. Hot Short Norwegian when you need him?  LOL  In May it was so bad before I went back to the chiro that I was stumbling at the end of the day!  I always made sure there was something to lean on as I made my way around the office.  My doc tried to give me SSRIs for depression and I refused, said it was my NECK, lol!  So, I have Xanax for whatever, but the neck is just starting to get better with 30 minutes massage therapy each week.  I go tomorrow!  YAY!  The best thing I have found is of course, ibuprofen, but also this....Take a tube sock and put a 5-pound bag of cheap white rice in it.  Tie off the very end of the sock and microwave it for 3-4 minutes.  This way, when you lay face down on your bed, you can drape the sock on your sore neck and the weight feels good and keeps the heat where you need it!  Also, if you get out and walk, as tough as it may be, it actually limbers you up.  I find I do better when I am in motion, rather than when I am sitting (like at this damn computer).  Sitting compresses everything, but you know that. 

Hang in there and do stretches, they help, along with IcyHot!

~Cindy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:22:35 pm by MOONLIGHT1114 »

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 08:40:39 pm »
Hi GFs~

I figured I would post here because I am going through the same things that Nicole is, and Miss Nicole.............We need an UPDATE from you!  Are you OK?  I'll have to look and see when the last time you were on was.

I went to the GYN today and she did another Pap (just had an abnormal one come back in May).  She said we'll wait to see what the results are and then we may have to do a DNC.  *WHAT?!?!?!??$%#^#^$%****  No fucking WAY!  If there is something IN there that needs to come out and is NOT, then sure, but to root around as a precaution is ironic to me.  I am diabetic as well as pos and anything invasive like that brings up the subject of slow-healing and infection. Not to mention I'll feel as if I've been kicked in the stomach.   GYN said not to worry cause I would be out or have something for pain, but as a diabetic I have never had anesthesia!  I had liquid valium to have wisdom teeth pulled years ago!  Any ladies who have had DNCs please chime in!  WHY did you have it and how was recovery?  Have you had children?  I have never had kids, so a uterine biopsy last May nearly sent me through the roof.  Started contracting, concentrated on my breathing and still thought I was gonna pass out!

Also, Nicole, just today my GYN and I decided to go off the pill.  It was my suggestion, and I have been on it since age 19, to regulate my cycles.  No "regulating" here in about 5 years, lol.  She says that with all of the other meds I am on, my liver is prob filtering out the contraceptive too much, therefore its not as potent, so I have been having irregular bleeding.  I always thought it was my thyroid problem, but I have been on Sustiva about five years now, just wondering if that is part of the problem.  Ironically, I read in the "Drugs" area here on Poz that Sustiva causes an INCREASE in ethinyl estradiol in the bloodstream.  GYN said that this would HELP regulate my cycles, so I must be really messed up!

I am scared.  I am really scared about the DNC thing.  I can always say NO and get a second opinion.  Maybe MY "Doc" will know something, for those of you have been following my dating stories, lol!  I am on day 5 of my last pack of pills (Yasmin) so September should be interesting.  Help with any advice or comments.  Nicole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Where are you?

~Cindy

Offline sunseeker

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 12:22:43 am »
Hi Nicole

I can relate to the frequent urination, the doctor told me it is "over active" bladder.  I was taking Detrol which worked great but then the lovely insurance said no more since I have HMO, now I take Oxybutin and that works pretty well.  I use to be an office manager for 7 years in a Chiropractic Office and I think your chiropractor is right on.  It sound like you got relief so maybe you can ask him for neck and shoulder exercises and go just once a month as maintenance.  I know for me that's what works, I sit for 12 hours at work (in law enforcement) and that seems to help and once in a while treat your self to a nice massage you DESERVE it.

K

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 05:10:43 am »
Cindy,

A D&C is a standard proceedure when there's been heavy bleeding - it's to investigate the problem further.

I've never had one myself, but friends who have have had mixed responses. Some were fine after, some had cramping.

Keep us posted!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline back_in_the_saddle

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 10:10:46 am »
sorry I didn't mean to make anyone mad I will nolonger be a part of POZ
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:21:33 pm by back_in_the_saddle »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 11:13:50 am »
Hi Back, welcome to the forums.

As a man, you shouldn't be posting in the Women's Forum. Please read the Welcome threads that appear at the top of some (but not all) of the individual forums before posting in them. Thanks! ;)

Ann

Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2007, 12:07:27 pm »
Thanks, ANN, was wondering if that Newbie was male or female.  We know you have superpowers.....lol!

As for the D&C (my bad on the spelling), I wouldn't say I have been having "heavy" bleeding, just irregular and pretty light, i.e. period starting too early during my pack of pills.  I will read your link and come back to this.

I wish Nicole would post because she stopped the pill, too.  I bet her neck is absolutely killing her.  All you can do is apply heat and lay down, over and over, and with a little one at home, that can't be easy!

~Cindy

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2007, 05:23:44 pm »
Ann~  Ugh!  Everything I read was what I already knew and expected to see.  I just don't want to go under anesthesia if I don't need to.  Its not good for a diabetic.  My GYN says that with my "situation" (virus and diabetes), it would be wise to investigate further.  This very "investigation" could open up a can of worms, on the other hand, it could help with early detection of something.

It just irks me with my "other docs."  I have 4 doctors.  The three that aren't my HIV doc are always on high alert and they have even admitted to not knowing enough about HIV.  I don't want to be a lab right just so they can "make sure" I'm OK.  I understand their idea of being "safe rather than sorry," but when its at my expense, and involves something like a D&C, I am just not convinced!

I'll wait for the Pap, and a few months off of the Pill, and go from there.  NOT making any quick decisions on this one!  I love having the power to say NO!

~Cindy

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2007, 08:57:04 pm »
Hey ML

Ask your Gyn if you can have it done with a spinal. I've used that for several operations. It's easier to thaw out. No nausea usually and you don't have the overall impact of being under anesthesia. You're aware and awake (essentially) and even to a degree can be conversant with the anethesiologist who will be next to your head. And, they will offer you the option that if it becomes psychologically too intense (but it should be a relatively brief procedure) they can put you under. But, from my experiences, it's quite manageable. That might be an agreeable compromise that works with the diabetic status. Not sure, just suggesting. Won't hurt to ask.

Em

Offline emeraldize

addendum
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2007, 09:00:22 pm »
http://www.nda.ox.ac.uk/wfsa/html/u12/u1208_01.htm

this link gives some pro's/con's/direct reference to diabetic usage/and contraindications -- see what you think

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »
Thanks Em,  I just get sick thinking about it.  Everyone wants to find something wrong with me.  I am at the age where I really know my body, and know what questions to ask.  My PCP had me go get a stress test, an xray of my C-spine and 4 MRIs in May!  All for dizziness!  I totally understand his way of thinking, but I told him it was my fibromyalgia and my damaged neck!  Only thing all of that showed was disk degeneration!  Can you tell I am absolutely mortified at the D&C thing?  I mean if it were cancer of something, it would show in my labs, right?  Labs i.e. CBC are fine.  Ugh! 

As a diabetic, I can't tolerate anesthesia.  Spinal makes me shudder, saw my husband go through that.  Gonna put this outta my mind until there is proof that I need the procedure done, so waiting on the Pap for now.

Dammit all.

~Cindy

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.