Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:25:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37639
  • Latest: Glassxj
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773168
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 243
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 218
Total: 218

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Addicted to my blankie (blanky?)  (Read 4095 times)

Offline clarke

Addicted to my blankie (blanky?)
« on: July 29, 2006, 11:00:10 am »
Am I the only one who uses an electric blanket the year round?  I've been using one for at least 10 years to ease the "coldness" in my feet/ankles from the neuropathy.  If I forget to turn it on, I don't sleep so good, and my feet hurt all of the next day.

Offline Christine

Re: Addicted to my blankie (blanky?)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 01:23:54 pm »
I have never used one, but I tend to be on the hot side. My husband is usually freezing at night, and I am ripping the covers off saying how hot it is...

If it helps, keep on using it.
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 05:04:00 pm »
Hello Clark,

The year prior to starting on meds, if I wasn't using the electric blanket, I was using the heating pad, if it wasn't the heating pad , I was constantly taking hot baths, and downing Tylenol. I am glad those days are behind me. I still use an electric blanket, But only in the winters( and winters in Florida aren't that bad) But I also like to keep the room temperature nice and cool ! As far as the neuropathy, I like sleeping with very loose fitting socks on. I have several pair of neuropathy socks, which are more comfortable on my feet. They keep my feet warm, but it doesn't feel like I got  rubberbands wrapped around the ankles !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 07:46:48 pm »
Oh lord no, as hot natured as I am?  I burn up in the summer, with the a/c on 72......in the winter, I rarely turn on my heat.

Years ago, pre-HIV (my prehistoric age) I used to love an electric blanket.   With the nightsweats I had in the 90's, I could have been electrocuted if I'd used one....
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline clarke

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 04:51:51 pm »
"neuropathy socks"?  Never heard about 'em.  I've been wearing SAS Socks (at $10.00 per pair) for years.

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 05:44:46 pm »
I sleep with my blue "woobie" around me and the temperature is just right.. ;D

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 08:24:14 pm »
"neuropathy socks"?  Never heard about 'em.  I've been wearing SAS Socks (at $10.00 per pair) for years.

I think the ones I purchased, were 3 pairs for 10.00 They Are seamless around the toes. So, you don't have that seam bothering your feet/toes. They are a much larger mesh, and they don't cling hard to the feet or ankles, and at the same time, they won't slide down. I like them !! There are some socks, that I simply can't wear. They are too tight ! Search under Diabetic/neuropathy  socks

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline fearless

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 09:38:06 pm »
I got an electric blankie for my 40th. Already, I wonder how/why I ever survived the colder month of July. Given that the worst of winter seems to have passed I guess I'll turn it off again soon, but I do like that warmth it creates.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline clarke

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 01:56:42 pm »
Just for grins and giggles, wouldn't the extra "heat" I'm getting from my blanky help keep the virus at bay?

I know "it" doesn't like getting above certain temperatures.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.