Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 379
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 347
Total: 347

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anabolic Steroids/Testosterone  (Read 12934 times)

Offline Whymeh

Anabolic Steroids/Testosterone
« on: March 03, 2013, 05:51:04 pm »
I have recently been diagnosed as poz and trying to get on with my life as much as.
I work in the Fitness Industry and have a consistent workout history and have a healthy diet even pre diagnosis and have a pretty good build.
I want to know if anyone here has taken steroids/test while taking/not taking meds and if so what were the major side affects.

I know there are obvious sides to test but now i have HIV and feel i am completely out of my dept.

Any advice is greatly appreciated  :)

Offline mitch777

Re: Anabolic Steroids/Testosterone
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 05:53:38 pm »
do you even know if you have low t?
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline Whymeh

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 05:57:24 pm »
Last check my t was normal range...i had planned to start a course even before i was diagnosed poz to put on more size  :) :)

Offline mitch777

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 06:02:35 pm »
not a good idea in my opinion.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline lincoln6echo

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2013, 01:36:49 am »
Hi Whymeh
I started taking Test shots 100mg/ml once a week around 3mo's ago now which was 3 mo's after I started meds. 

I did have tests done that showed my Test levels were slightly below the normal range, so that's why the doc suggested I take it.

As far as side effects, I did notice a slight surge in irritability after a cpl weeks, but have not had any hair loss or pimples associated with it (I already had skin issues after I became positive). My nuts haven't shrunk or anything and trust me, I check regularly lol it's something I was concerned about.

From what I gather tho, the dose I'm on is relatively low and I think any major side effects like shrunken testicles would probably take some time to develop.  I'll keep an eye out nonetheless ;)

Other than that..it's been ok.  In the beginning I thought I did notice a surge in energy..but it was also the same time when my VL was coming way down too so that may have had something to do with it...these days, I feel kinda tired and worn out so am going to talk to the doc about that this week.  I've been working out regularly and have definitely noticed some muscle gain though.

Hope that helps.
lincoln.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 01:39:05 am by lincoln6echo »

Offline Whymeh

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 06:02:17 pm »
I was thinking more like 250-500 mg per week but im not going to do anything until i am 100% sure its not going to compromise my health any further.
I need to research this further as this is all new to me.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2013, 02:52:13 pm »
I was thinking more like 250-500 mg per week .

Wow, this seems like alot! I'm on 200/IM testo cypionate every 2 weeks. But of course It's for medical reasons and not to put on bulk,  although I have put on muscle with this small amount.

There is no interaction with testo/HIV with the regimin I am on. But please talk to your doctor about any possible side effects of what you are contemplating.

I can be all preachy and tell you not to do it, but that wasn't your question  ;)

Good luck
-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline aaware72

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2013, 09:47:07 pm »
As part of my HRT I use 200mg Test Cyionate and 300mg of deca durabolin every 10 days and I currently using Stirblid. 

here are some articles:

Anabolic therapy in patients with HIV infections, Gruzdev BM, Ivannikov EV, Gorbacheva ES, Ter Arkh. 1999;71(11):35-7

The use of anabolic agents in HIV disease, Gayle Newshan PhD ANP and Wade Leon ANP, International Journal of STD & AIDS 2001; 12: 141-144

"Yes, knowledge is power. Self-knowledge brings mastery of one's body."

Offline witch

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 08:46:23 pm »
You may want to research the herb Tongkat Ali for testosterone support. It works I've read by stimulating your body to produce more testosterone and blocking the negative feedback so testosterone levels in the body remain high, from your own testosterone.

Offline Jamestown

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2014, 12:45:59 pm »
Get some lab work done first then do a hormone replacement dosage or about 100-150mg/wk-- if you really need it, if you don't best not to mess with your
Hormones.

Offline Lorenzopier

• 36 Years Poz via HAART & Micronutrient Technology.
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2014, 02:41:55 am »
After you have your lab work performed unless your total testosterone or free testosterone are below the normal range,taking any of the various forms of testosterone will not have a anabolic effect.I personally use a herb called tribulus terrestris containing at least 40% saponins.This significantly ramps up my own natural testosterone production in as little as two weeks.Anabolic effects are definetly noticeable as well as increased libido.The dose i use is 750mg with each meal.As far as the steroids are concerned totally steer clear of them.There are many supplements that when combined correctly can give you steroid like gains without the detrimental health side effects seen with steroid use.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 02:53:05 am by Lorenzopier »

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 03:33:35 am »
After you have your lab work performed unless your total testosterone or free testosterone are below the normal range,taking any of the various forms of testosterone will not have a anabolic effect.I personally use a herb called tribulus terrestris containing at least 40% saponins.This significantly ramps up my own natural testosterone production in as little as two weeks.Anabolic effects are definetly noticeable as well as increased libido.The dose i use is 750mg with each meal.As far as the steroids are concerned totally steer clear of them.There are many supplements that when combined correctly can give you steroid like gains without the detrimental health side effects seen with steroid use.

There is no scientific proof that tribulus terrestris increases hormones....  Just saying

http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=21872

“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline bill33

« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2014, 10:45:04 am »
You guys are lucky. I just started stabbing myself in the butt with that huge needle with only 50 cc of testosterone cypionate every 7 days. The only side effect was a jump in my psa test. My psa level went from 3.4 to 4.1 after only two weeks. FYI , the dose is from a bottle of 100mg/mL so the 50 cc each week is very low. However, my total testosterone started at 150ish and jumped to 600. I am 61 yo. so ;D  for me!

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 06:01:17 am »
One off the things you need to consider is , will there be a time when I medically need testo , the side effects of using testo when you don.t need it will have to be the Question , as you will not be topping up the levels you will be filling it over.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Julkian

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 01:17:56 pm »
Hey, I do love excercize I could manage to grew up 12 kg (27p aprox) in 2 years with just excercize and nutrition, I've considering an hormonal cycle too, but I'm not sure if it worth the risks as I'm not into the fitness nor modeling industry.

You have to be aware that an hormonal cycle will place risk on your liver and hormonal production mainly and your kidneys too, and you need strong liver, hormones and kidneys to handle the HIV medication and kept your inmune system strong. If finally you decide to do steroids you will be making your organs to work twice harder because of both steroids and madication, you can reduce the damage on your liver with some stuff like silimarine, metadoxine, alpha-lipoic acid before and right after your hormonal cycle, and a well structured post cycle with tamoxifene and hgc for the hormonal system.

Offline AusShep

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 01:50:39 pm »
This thread is a confusing mish mash between medically indicated TRT/HRT and casual cycles "juicing"...  So I'll add to the fray  :-\

.. and a well structured post cycle with tamoxifene and hgc for the hormonal system.

You meant HCG not HGC, there also other post cycle recovery options other than nolvadex/clomid/HCG.

I've known lots of guys who've cycled while poz.  Usually the low dose 250-500mg / week mentioned previously.  Non poz guys also tried to get their hands on oxandrolone which was prescribed to combat wasting in poz guys and is one of the few oral anabolics.

I'd guess that overall it was probably safer with the HIV+ guys, since they had bloodwork done, most gym rats never do, and they also did lower dose, shorter, less complicated cycles overall.  3 months TRT alternating with 6-12 week low dose test was in favor back then, no need for post cycle recovery either.

My best advice for anyone considering this is to keep up with your blood work, do low dose medical grade (not black market lab) cycles, and check out some of the bodybuilding forums, some of them have HIV+ forums too.   You'll get a lot more info on staying safe there.

I've been on TRT 100mg/week for a few years, but currently off.  I'm going to ask my doc to run psa, test, free test, etc. next week since it seems some of the low testosterone effects which led me to get an Rx before are back.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.