Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:09:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 804
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 620
Total: 620

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Kaiser in SF  (Read 3722 times)

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
Kaiser in SF
« on: August 30, 2006, 08:02:34 pm »
Yay!  I did it!

I managed to find a good job, where I'm not working graveyards, and I only had to take a 13 cent paycut! yay!  Anyway, it's a good job, for a good worker (who promised at his interview never to let contempt shine in his ever-worshipping eyes).  Anyway, instead of having to wait 90 days, I only had to wait 30.  and I'm now eligible to use my benefits.

So...  with all the foreshdowing out of the way...  Anyone in SF use KAISER?  Doctor recommendations??  help! :)

Offline Eldon

Re: Kaiser in SF
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 08:17:34 pm »
Hey Strayboy74, Welcome to the forums where you will find the encouragement, love, understanding, support, fun, and many of your questions relating to HIV/AIDS. This is a great group of people and you will be glad that you found this site. There is a lot of information here.

Congratulations on your new job with benefits!

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2006, 11:50:32 pm »
Hi there.....welcome.

I have kaiser in Fremont.  I've got a great Dr.  In fact I just saw her today for my quarterly visit.  It was business, and pleasure, as usual.  We discuss all things HIV as well as anything else that hits our fancy, like bikes, or rocks, or Corsica.  Anyway, if you'd like, I would be glad to send her an email and see if she can give us a referral to the SF Kaiser.  I take it, you're going to the one on Geary? 

robert

Offline bobino

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2006, 01:38:20 am »
Hi Strayboy,

I'm in SF, but I don't use Kaiser.  I do know lots of people who do, though, so I could get you some recommendations if you like. 

By the way, one older friend of mine has been with Kaiser for almost 40 years and raves about them.  He says it's just a question of finding the right doctor. 

Congrats and best of luck.  Let me know if I can help.

John
Suivons les rivières
Gardons les torrents
Restons en colère
Soyons vigilants

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2006, 02:09:25 pm »
Robert and John-

That would be mighty kind of you. :)

I understand that some of the doctors at Kaiser in the city aren't taking new clients, and their website doesn't indicate a great deal.   I'd like to leave no stone unturned. :)

-joe
« Last Edit: August 31, 2006, 02:13:19 pm by Strayboy74 »

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 01:42:19 am »
Hi Joe.

i just read all your past posts.  Sounds like things are looking up for you.  New apartment, new job. New insurance.  New doc.  Oh, and you missed a good time at the Gathering in Montreal.  I hope you can make it next year. 

Anyway, I sent my Dr an email and she mentioned most of the Drs in San Francisco are internists who specialize in HIV.  The Chief ID MD for HIV care is Dr. Steve Follansbee.

You mentioned you read the web site and it didn't appear too helpful.Did you try this page?.  One of their HIV Program Coordinators will get back to you.

Let me add, I've have nothing but good things to say about Kaiser and HIV/AIDS.  Three years ago I was dying of pneumocystis and they brought me back from the dead.  When I came to, my ID Dr. introduced herself and she has been my primary care physician ever since. 

good luck.

robert

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2006, 10:01:09 pm »
Thanks for your help.  I went to Kaiser, and was administered to by a very humpy doctor (http://www.permanente.net/homepage/doctor/jackquatannens/) who was very kind to me.  he even called me on his day off to see that I didn't forget my meds (which I did forget because the nurses forgot to tell me to pick it up).

His bedside manner was quite pleasing, and I felt like I could trust him. :)  yay!  thanks for your help everyone.

-joe

Offline Robert

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2006, 12:06:52 am »
Humpy?  YOu got that right.  Looks like he's ready for a game of rugby.  8)   Sounds like a great guy.  Like I said, I've nothing but good things to say about Kaiser.

By the way, what meds are you on?

robert

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2006, 04:54:03 pm »
I've just had a sore throat.  we did some cultures, and I got some shots for a couple of things that are too terrible to talk about (thank god) and then I went home.  Anyway...  to answer your question, I'm not on meds, though they drew for my t cells and my viral load.

We'll see.

I did however get put on androgel before I left my last doctor which made me excetpionally tired and suicidal.  I stopped that REAL QUICK. 

hope you're doin' well.  let me know if you make it to the city. :)

-joe

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.